BUFF BADGERS 8/6 - 8/10

susanz

Cathlete
Hi Ladies! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Mine was good. I took DD13 and her friends to the Geek Kon convention on Saturday. My back was hurting from walking/standing all day. Right from there( Madison) we left to meet DH and DS at the campground with our friends. We got home at noon yesterday. Then there were chores to do....

For my workouts, Saturday I did not get up early enough to get one in so I just was on my feet all day. Sunday, I took Ruby for a 1 hour hike around the country side. Yesterday was no workout, just chores. Today, is MMA Kickbox since I did not get it done the other day (Friday). I did pilates instead!

Laurie, are you all done with the Ren Fair now?

HI Karen!
Hi Sue!
Hi Lala!

Have a great day! Susan

Susan - Geek Kon sounds right up my family's alley! Well, DH and the kids anyway. ;) I humor them sometimes and play a game but they have to promise to "be easy on Mom" if I do. :D I'll bet DH knew a bunch of people there, too, since he used to live in Madison and had gamer friends there.

Have to tease you about the dates. . . Your mind must still be on August! ;)

Laurie - DS went to Ren Faire yesterday with a friend and his family. It was a last minute thing or I would have mentioned it. He used the Entertainment Book coupon to get in free and then spent $18 on food! Isn't that just like a growing boy?

I did Cathe Circuit Blast on Saturday, housework on Sunday, Tonique (Drills, Squats, Drills and Lunges) on Monday and PUB pyramid up premix this morning. Still working up to doing the whole Tonique workout. It didn't help that I got interrupted by DH who was out car shopping. We are real close to getting the car I want in RED! :D :D :D I've never had a red car before and they were so popular 1 of the dealers said "no one has them". Well, we found someone who does! It is coming in later this week and they're going to meet or beat the offer made at another dealer which was $400 below what Edmunds showed most people are paying in our area. I'll be doing the happy dance for sure once we sign the papers!

Hi Karen! Hi Lala!

Geez Sue, I did not even notice I had the date wrong!:eek: Yes, my mind is still in August! We are going to be going to Anime Milwaukee in Feb. They have it at the UW-Milwaukee Union. Kids are already discussing their costumes etc...

I sure hope you are able to get your red vehicle! How fun!!:D

When I check out Tonique she has a few dvd's. Do you have all of them or just one?

Have a good night!

Susan

Hi,

Yesterday we went for our 35 mile group ride. Today I did Iron Core Warrior Kettlebell workout/the band segment of stretchmax/tonique mat work and ran 2 miles with the dog. I didn't do anything over the long weekend. Wasn't feeling well so I just rested.

Susan, was camping cold? It is nice you got to go hiking. Sounds like everyone in your family had a great weekend.

Sue, hope you get your red car. I would like that color car. Bright and cheery.

Have to pick up the kids. Have a great day.:D:D:D:D

Hello! I am heading down to do Super Sets! Have only done this one about 3 times....

Karen, sounds like you got a good workout in! Glad you are feeling better! Camping wasn't too bad, however, we had our very nice friends allow us to stay in their camper instead of sleeping out in the tent!:)

Hi Sue! I went and looked at your DD's artwork. She is very talented! My DD displays her art on Facebook. I told her she should start a blog too!

Hi Laurie!
Hi Lala!

Okay, gotta for workout!
Susan

Morning BB's,

Well faire is finally finished, and I'm going to be very happy not to have to wake up on Saturday morning at 5am. And if the dog decides to wake us up, then she will be banished from the upstairs! :eek: Tuesday I didn't do anything, but sit on the couch watching TV. Wednesday I was busy getting the house clean for a spagetti dinner for the cross country girls team. Glad I took that extra day off from work! :eek:

This morning was yoga, so I did One on One Fountain of Youth with Tony.

Sue, Hope you are able to get that red car! Your dd is very talented.

Susan, If we go back to August do I have to have faire weekends again, please tell me NO! :D

Karen, Hope you are feeling better, I didn't feel well during the whole of Labor Day weekend too. DH has a cold, so I'm having to deal with him complaining too. :rolleyes: Can't wait for tomorrow night, I'm going to go to bed early! :D

Have a great day!

Laurie - There's something very wrong with the words "Saturday" and "5 am" in the same sentence. ;) I'm glad you had a day off to do nothing. I was thinking over the weekend how hard it would to do the Faire 3 days in a row. DS said he had a good time at the vegetable toss. The guy said to him something about sending in high school boys and DS said "I'm only in 8th grade" and the guy said "What do they put in the water in Wisconsin?!" Are you still getting new Tony Horton one-on-ones?

Susan - How did Supersets go? I think your DD should start a blog for her artwork. DH worked with my DD to set it up and it didn't seem to take very long.

Did Tonique for 30 min. this morning. It seems to be getting a little easier but I do take pauses to sip water and catch a breather. I'd like to do Tonique at least 2 times a week and see if that makes a difference with my legs and butt. My workouts haven't been very great (way too many rest days) and my eating has been terrible since spring break. Time to get my act together. I watched Thintervention with Jackie Warner and that got me motivated. I know what to do, it's simply a matter of doing it.

Drove the new car into work today. :D It's sooooooooo pretty! I feel very lucky and blessed.

Hey! This week is not only a rest week (so I'm often not here) but am dealing with 2 new preps etc.

Susan, it's funny how simply standing or walking slowly can be so tiring! How did you like the supersets? I find they are good for when I don't want to work *too* hard!

Sue, so, never mind the workouts...you have a RED car!!! :):)

Laurie, Isn't taking a day off once in a while great! Sometimes we just really need that...and the day in front of the TV!

Karen, Hope you're feeling better. do you ride until the snow flies? The group rides sound like fun. How long does 35 miles take?

Hello ladies! Super Sets went great. Did not like those lunges with plyo lunges at the end there. My quads were screaming! It was fun though. Today was supposed to be Step Blast but I am just not "feeling" it. I feel like doing Pilates.:) I walked for 40mn this morning and I walked to work and back plus being on my feet all day at work... I don't feel like bouncing on a step!:eek:

Sue! You got your new car!! Yea!! Let me know how doing Tonique helps you. I know when I am consistent(at least 2 days a week) with Pilates my thighs and glutes get much leaner. It's that consistency thing I have to work on! When I do it 3-4 times a week, I really like how I look but I get bored!

Hi Laurie, I am glad you got to enjoy a rest day to the fullest! Also glad the Faire is done. No, I won't make you go back to doing those Sat. 5am wake up calls!!:p

Hi Lala! Hope you're having a good rest week! I tell myself to take one, then I feel guilty and never do. My body would probably thank me for it. Hmmmm....

Take care ladies! Susan

Hi,

Yesterday I ran 4 1/2 miles planned on 5 1/2 but felt really sick so I had to walk the last mile. Didn't know if I was going to make it home without making a mess on someones lawn.

Lala, the rides are around 1 1/2 hours. We will all try to keep getting together until it gets too cold. Enjoy the rest of your rest week.

Susan, supersets one of those great workouts. I never can figure out why people say this is easy. I like this workout and I think it is tough. I change my plans a lot too if I don't feel like doing what I have written down I do something I like more that day.

Sue, glad you are getting further each time with Tonique. Don't you only have the floorwork left? Was that Thintervention show good. Do you like any of Jackies workouts? Have fun driving your pretty car.

Laurie, glad the faire is over and you can relax on your weekends:rolleyes: Hope you are all feeling better. DH's complain a lot when they are sick. I listenened to it all last weekend.:eek:

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Today was Your Body Breakthrough Circuit with Michelle Dozios. Not a bad workout. I'm going to be looking at the Peak 10 reviews though.

Sue, Glad your ds had a good time at the faire. My youngest DD is also in 8th grade, and she is taller than a lot of the boys in her grade. Your ds got the tall boost early. :D Yippee on getting to go to work in the new red car, now you have to watch those police since that color sticks out so much more. :eek: I'm planning on Tonique for tomorrow! :confused:

Lala, Glad you are taking a rest week, guess you need that with school starting. I want to start reading again on my weekend too, so that is probably another thing that will happen.

Susan, WTG on the Supersets! Thanks for saying I don't need to wake up so early! I change things up to when I know I will try to avoid what I had scheduled, why torture yourself.

Karen, I'm hoping that you start feeling better soon, not fun to be sick. :( I have planned on doing nothing this weekend, well of course my workout and watching the race/football on Sunday. Saturday we will probably go pick out DD17's Senior pictures also.

DD17 was picked as one of the captains of the cross country team, and she was voted onto the Homecoming court ballot. The last one was a total surprise for her.

Have a great weekend,

Hi Gang! Grumpy today as there was a wrench thrown into my plans for the night. Was looking forward to doing Bootcamp, when DD shows up with her friends for a sleep over. Sleepovers are spent in my basement. Grrr..... Sometimes I wish I could be the mean one and send them all away! :mad: Anyway, I am instead going to sit down and finish the book I am reading. I told her they are going home early tomorrow and I am hoping to actually do 2 workouts ( Bootcamp early, IMAX 2 later).

My weekend is simple. It's supposed to rain most of the day tomorrow. Probably clean! Sunday teach Sunday School and watch the game/race (like Laurie!).:D I do not have to work on Monday! We have early release days the 2nd Monday of every month now so on those days I will not need to work! :eek: I need to think up a new rotation over the weekend. Thinks it's going to be a big blend of Cathe, Jillian and Tony!

Have a great weekend! Rest, if you can!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.