BUFF BADGERS 8/25 - 8/29

susanz

Cathlete
Happy Monday Ladies! :D Hope your weekends went well for you. Mine was as it should be, quiet! Saturday was a walk followed by Muscle Endurance but I went heavier than Cathe and a little shorter on the reps, except for lower body.

Today was the day we wake up early to start preparing for school! So I was up at 4:45 to take Ruby for her walk then I immediately jumped on the elliptical for 35mn. Later today will be weight training but I haven't decided what yet! Poor kids were up at 6:15 and not all together too happy about it! LOL! They are NOT "morning people"!

Well, I hope to hear from you girls soon! Til then-

Have a good day! Susan:eek:

Morning BB's,

I was so tired this morning that Cami was the one that actually pushed me out of bed. :D She of course was kind enough to wait until I had hit the snooze button at least twice. :D I'm not sure if I'm going to get in a workout today. Probably not, my feet are way to sore! So will not commit to anything. I'm planning on taking Tuesday off next week to recoup from the three days I will be spending at faire. Only three more days.

Susan, Oh that is just a great idea you have, but since I'm not home to do the wake up, my DD's will just have to suffer. They will be going to bed early though! ;)

Sue, LOL about the joke you left for me, that is exactly what I have to go through. I must say that it has improved since they first started the call center.

Karen, Are you doing the race on the 31st? Love the avatar!

Lala, Yep this is officially our last weekend, then I will be able to get back into my normal routine for working out. It has been hard on the old body this year.

Dani, Oh goodie another nascar fan. We of course are Matt Kenseth fans. Watched him race in Slinger all the time. :) I'm not a big Tony fan either. The Vernon area is very nice, and not bad on the taxes either. ;)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Today I did the total body weight from Drill Max and B&G stability abs. Yesterday we only got a 37 mile ride in.

We are planning on doing the race on the 31st. Yikes! We have only ridden twice in the last 2 weeks due to so many things going on and DH working and trying to get ready for bear hunting.

DS had to be in the weight room by 7am this morning. I guess I am getting forced to get into the school mode. He has practice again tonight.

Wed. is open house and orientation for all the kids. It will be very busy. I am glad DD16 doesn't work on that day. I couldn't fit anything more in.

Laurie, glad the faire is winding down. It will be good to get back to having your weekends to do other things. I think you are a special kind of people to give up all your weekends in the summer for others enjoyment. Hope you get your workout in and that your feet feel better.

Susan, Boy, that's too early for me. I'd never make a whole day if I got up and did what you did so early. I actually went back to bed after I picked DS up. Just for a half hour or so. Nice workouts.

Hi to Sue, lala, and Dani.

Have a great day.:)

Susan - I read your blog. You go, girl! I'll be cheering you on. :cool:

Laurie - Good idea taking Monday off. I honestly don't know how you do it every weekend. Your family is very dedicated and I hope appreciated by whoever is in charge.

Karen - So bear hunting season isn't getting you out of the race, huh? Even though you feel like you haven't trained enough, I'm sure you'll do great.

Dani - I've been struggling doing my workouts in the heat, too. And it's not even that hot. Humid, but not that hot. Or maybe it's just because I've been lazy with my cardio the last few months. I hardly ever do a 1 hour cardio any more. Let us know how you like P90X. I don't mind Tony's goofy humor. Are you going to do a P90X rotation? I couldn't stick with it because it's hard for me to stick with ANY rotation for that long. We'll see how I do with STS. At least I can pick my cardio so I'll get variety that way.

Lala - Good to see you're back to jogging. How was camping and visiting in LaCrosse?

Started to go for a walk Saturday morning and it started pouring on me 1/4 mile from my house! Ran back but I was soaked by the time I got back. Did Gilad Fat Burning Workout for my cardio instead. It was just the easy kind of cardio I was looking for.

On Sunday I did MIS upper body and abs. Wanted to do cardio last night but I've been so tired lately. We were outside for DS' football scrimmage and church picnic on Saturday and Sunday and I swear, being outside just sucks the energy out of me! Anyone else have that problem? Couldn't get up to workout this morning either. Feeling like such a slug. Busy night again tonight but hoping I can talk DH into picking up the football carpool tonight so I can workout. Trying to resist M&M cookies someone brought in for their birthday. I had enough sweets yesterday at the picnic. I need some of Susan's willpower! ;)

Have a great Monday!

Morning Buff Badgers

I have the day off today and enjoyed sleeping in. My normal wakeup is 1:30am. I start work at 2am. I'm crazy I know, it just works for our family now and we don't have to do daycare. I just miss out on the sleep department.

I did Jari Love's Slim and Lean today. That has been my normal rotation, Jari Love's Slim and Lean the the following day is Cardio Fusion. I am looking forward to P90X to switch things up a bit. I will try to do the full 90 days. We will see. I would really like to firm up a bit more. I know there is no hope for my stomach, after 2 kids it was stretched to the max. It is just one of those things. Ahhh genetics.

I am picking up DH today. I can't wait, I missed him even though he was gone just for the weekend. Then it is relaxing for the rest of the days. I think I am going to make some scones for work tomorrow. We are a bunch of coffee freaks. We normally go to Ballistic in Brookfield square and grind our own coffee for work. Everyone who likes coffee should try the Badger Blend it is excellent.

Ladies have a good day.

Last edited:
Laurie, hope you get some much needed rest today!

Karen, I am sure you 2 will do fine on the 31st. Can't say I envy you though! ;)

Sue, I know you are also Hypothyroid. Have you had your levels checked recently? The reason I ask is because you were speaking of being so tired lately...

Dani, I saw the pictures of your beautiful lil' girl! Cute! :D I could never work at 2am without falling on my face! But I suppose you get used to it? How many days a week do you work?

Thanks for the support on my blog ladies! I am so darn determined with this it's getting me crazy! I read absloutley everything I can find on training/nutrition etc... I am keeping a notebook journal and have all these papers I print out all over the place. My DH just thinks it's a "phase" so he's leaving me alone. Well, won't he be surprised?!;)

Dani, what job do you have that you work that early. That is great you don't need daycare but not so good you are missing out on some sleep. What time do you go to bed at night. I'll bet you will like P90X. It is a good program, just not for me. Just saw your DD picture. What a beautiful little girl.

Sue resist the cookies. I couldn't but I know you can. Sorry about your wet walk on Sat. Hope you can get DH to do the car pool so you can get a workout in.

Susan, You will show your husband it is not a phase and your will be right where you want to be. You go girl.

If you are interested I have some pictures of my family in my photo book.

Have a great day

Last edited:
Karen, Beautiful children! They sure must keep you busy! Oh and because you asked here is a sample menu of what I've been eating!

Meal 1: 3-4 egg whites w/ slice low fat American cheese
1/2 c oatmeal w/ cinnamon or whole wheat English muffin.

Meal 2: (snack) Protein drink (Six Star Whey Protein) mixed w/ water.

Meal 3: 4oz protein( tuna, chicken, lean beef) with brown rice and fresh/steamed veggies.

Meal 4: Protein bar or shake.

Meal 5: 4-5 oz protein, BIG veggie salad, no starchy carbs.

Meal 6: 1/2c non-fat cottage cheese or non-fat yogurt.

I have stopped eating "starchy" carbs after lunch and it seems to be helping me. ;)

Susan

Good afternoon! Today was a 30 min run before getting DD to her golf tourney, then to school to put in a 1/2 day.

Our camping trip was...fun...and interesting. We forget just about everything, most importantly ENOUGH BLANKETS:confused:. I froze, and kept whining about "the longest night of my life". We did enjoy it, and want to camp more...just with more/better preparation!

Susan, I , too am getting into the school mode. I will be getting up before 5, but today it was 5:15. I don´t, though make my kids (well, kid now!) get up early. I have decided to let her savor her last free days and, well, if the first day back she is dead tired, we pay the consequences :D

Sue, when I am outside in the sun all day, I get tired, too. A good tired!

Laurie, I´m sure it will be nice to get back into a regular routine. Despite that first day back at school, I find the routine is good for me.

OH, I got new shoes...for running!!

Karen, You will be fine on the bike ride, I´m sure! Yes, the kids have a way of getting us out of bed ;)

Dani, can´t believe you get up that early! Do you work outside the home? That is truly dedication!

Susan, thank you for the lowdown on what you are eating. Please keep letting me know. I am going to try to eat like you starting tomorrow.

lala, glad you enjoyed camping even though it was cold. I guess next time you will remember the blankets. What do you do at the school? Maybe you told me but I have a bad memory. I am letting my children enjoy the last days of summer (unless otherwise noted) also.

Have a good night all.:):):)

Good evening Gals,

I am a histology tech and work at a hospital. It is a 24 hour operation. I try to normally go to bed around 7ish depending on DD. And to explain what a histology tech does, say if you have a mole removed or any body part for that matter, we take it, gross it in, remove the water from it and infilitrate with wax, then cut it and put a small(4 microns)slice onto a slide and stain it. Then a pathologist looks at the slide to determine if the person has cancer or not. That is it pretty much in a nutshell. I am not crazy about my hours and my wonderful DH works 2nd. So he is off to work already tonight. We usually just pass each other. I love the weekends. Hopefully one day me and DH will have similar hours. Oh and I am full time.

Susan and Karen Thank You on you compliment about my DD. She was not so sweet when taking those pictures. She kept say all done!!

Wow Susan you are doing great with what you eat. I eat pretty clean but I stay away from dairy. I don't deny myself anything really but normally think before I eat. I get alot of my recipes from Tosca Reno's Clean eating book.

Alright time to get settled for the night and get the little one ready for bed. It was nice having off for a few days.

Okay, after dinking around with this pc trying to figure out why Roadrunner wasn't working, we finally got the internet working! :mad: I think Roadrunner was having problems on their end because DH called a friend and he was having issues, too.

Anyway, I had to go look at pictures when I read everyone talking about them.

Dani! What adorable pictures of your daughter. :) Did you take them or were they professionally done?

Karen! I knew right away the one picture was your mom and dad because you look just like your mom. You've probably been told that before. ;)

Susan - Good luck with the eating plan. I believe you have the will and determination to lose those 10 pounds. I read your suggestion about getting my tsh levels checked again. I just had them checked in January and they were fine. I think it's just plain old stress and lack of sleep. Too much going on - I didn't get any time to relax last weekend and work is just crazy. I felt fine when I was off for a week taking care of DH and his broken elbows. Frustrating. . .

Almost bedtime for me and while I didn't get cardio in, I did manage to finish up a few loads of laundry and do some heavy duty cleaning. Didn't raise my heartrate but I feel better now that it's done.

Goodnight all!

Good morning! Back from a 45 min jog with Grace L!

Karen, I teach high school Spanish, so we are gearing up :(. What have you heard about the school district job you applied for? I love the pics of your family. Some day I will do the same...:confused:

Dani, as I read your job description, I thought really how important that is. The pathologists depend on you to do that right! DD16 has had moles removed and can be scary. And agree with everyone else, beautiful DD.

Sue, how is DH doing with his elbows? Take care of yourself. Do you ever take a rest week from exercise? I never did before I found these forums and now I LOVE them:)

Susan, that is real discipline with the eating. And good luck with your goals.

Hi Laurie, the faire is almost over!

Once school starts I may not be on very often, especially that first week:eek:

Good Morning gals,

Today is a 45 mile tandem ride. We are doing the course we will be doing on Sunday's race. :eek:

Dani, that is a neat sounding job. I am glad it works out for your family. I'll bet you do enjoy your weekends.

lala, I knew you were talking about working in the school but I didn't know what you did. Both DS and DD are taking Spanish this year. Wish you were their teacher. Nice job on your run.

Sue, many people have told me I look like my mom. My dad is the one who put all the pictures up. I didn't even know what he was putting in there. Since our computer is gone we have no pictures in our loaner. Sometimes cleaning and getting caught up is more helpful than exercise to our brain.

Laurie, did your workout happen or are your feet still needing rest.

Susan, I have already failed on eating. It's only 8am :eek:

Off to get DD16 to work, DS14 off to soccer and I have to get my drivers license renewed before Sat. I wonder how long I'll have to wait.

Enjoy your day.

Hi ladies!

Dani, that sounds like a very interesting job you have! And as Lala said, an important one as well.

Lala, I loved my H.S Spanish teacher! I took it all 4 years and truly had a great time. I bet your students love you too! ;)

Sue, hope you find time to rest and that work gets less sressful for you!

Karen, I went to the bodybuilding.com website and learned loads of stuff under their "womens" section. Do any of you get the "Clean Eating" magazine? I love that one!

Today I walked Ruby and then jumped on the elliptical again. Later I will be doing chest/back work. Yesterday I decided upon doing Legs/Glutes followed by ab work.

Well, I have to get us all to the dentist this morning, then I have errands to run.

Check back later- Susan:D

Morning BB's,

Today so far has been 4DS Shoulders/Calves and Abs. Will do a 7m run when I get home because it is just so dang nice out today. :D I also have to get my hair colored and cut tonight too.

Oldest DD is off to Six Flaggs today, so no running around to get her to and from practice. ;)

Dani, Quite an interesting job you have there. DH and I have been at opposite shifts just after we where married. I know how hard it can be sometimes. My oldest had the evening colic, and he would come home to a crying mother! :) Good thing he took care of her after that. ;) I think that was probably the hardest part, right now I have to get used to him being home in the evenings since he stated his new position.

Susan, You sound like a very determined woman, and your meal look well thought out. Enjoy your journey! Hope your dentist visits go well.

Karen, No workout for me yesterday, but I am feeling much better today. This weekend will be three days, so I told my boss that I would take off on Tue. It is my youngest first day of school, so I want to be able to see her get on the bus. Plus the fact that DH and DD will not be home, so it is just us two girls that night. DH and DD are going to the cast party on Monday night. DD15 doesn't have to be at school on the first day. How nice is that.

Lala, We really have been having some cold evenings haven't we. I saw the weather this morning, and the low last night was in the 40's up north. My DB lives in Duluth and they where in the 30's. I have spent some cold nights in my sleeping bag, so can understand your not getting adequate sleep.

Sue, Well you managed to get more done that I did last night. :D All I did was make dinner and read a book. ;) Oh I also walked the dog!

There is a woman in our group that everyone doesn't like. Anyway on Sunday she didn't show up, didn't call anyone to say she wasn't coming. So it turns out she was in the camping area sleeping up until the time the military shot of a gun at around 11:45am. We are just about to step off for the afternoon parade, and she come running up the hill. I am the ladies captain, so as she is running up I'm giving her the look I give my girls when they are in trouble. She is starting to explain what happened, and I just say to her "I know all about it, and right now I don't even want to hear it!" Do you think she new I was mad at her. I sure hope so, because this woman head seems to have more rocks in it than brains. She is not going to be invited back next season! :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie

Lala - I've considered taking a rest week or at least changing my approach. Somehow I have it stuck in my head that unless I workout at least an hour 6 days a week, I'm not going to lose any weight. I know I need to focus on eating better and just do the best I can working out - even if that means more rest days and doing shorter workouts. I just can't keep going the way I am on 6-6 1/2 hours sleep. I know some people can do it but I can't and it's time I accepted the fact.

BTW, it's cool you teach Spanish. DD13 had a semester of foreign language where she sampled German, Spanish and French and loved all 3! Not enough kids signed up for German (her 1st choice) so she was going to switch to Spanish (more practical if you ask me) but then she found out about the Paris trip the 8th grade French students take each year and wanted to do that so now she's signed up for French!

Dani - I agree with everyone else - you are doing important work. DH had a mole scare a few years ago but turned out to be nothing. Both of his parents had cancer and he had a brain tumor himself (benign) when he was 20 so he worries about these things (which is good).

Karen - So, does that mean Saturday is YOUR BIRTHDAY! Have fun on your tandem ride tonight.

Laurie - LOL about your story with that woman! I can just imagine the look you gave her.

Susan - I'm not familar with "Clean Eating" magazine. What I need are recipes that are super quick, taste delicious and even my picky kids will eat. Do they have any of those? ;) have to checkout bodybuilding.com, too. Back when I did Body for Life 8 years ago I used to read all that stuff. Maybe I need some motivation to get me going again.

Did Mega Step Blast this morning! This is just the kind of cardio I like right now - starts out slow and builds in intensity. I drank some P90X Peak Recovery drink when I was done and I think that is helping me feel less tired today.

Hello All,

I am tired so tonight will be short and sweet. I did cardio fusion and was happy to have the cooler weather. My DD was very cute and did the last drill segment with me. She took over the step and tried to do the football runs. :D It was very cute.

Thanks again to everyone for the nice compliments on my DD. They were professionally done and I was a sucker and spent more than I had hoped.

Susan keep up the great work with eating. I don't receive the clean eating magazine I just have that one cookbook by Tosca Reno. I slowly adjusted to eating clean. I am still not perfect but I stay away from processed food. Starbucks major downfall.

Everyone else great workouts. I really enjoy seeing what everyone else does and how they mix it up. And I never really understood the importance of rest. I too sometimes get caught up in I need to work out everyday.

Tomorrow my friend is bringing P90X but what I didn't realize is that it is a copy. So she doesn't have the manual that goes with the dvd's. Grrrr I gotta
love the INTERNET because it has everything on it. I found the workout schedule. Whew!! I really want to try to do this program fully.

Goodnight all

Good Morning,

The rest of the week I am going to rest by doing recovery on the tandem whenever we can fit it in. Last nights ride went surprisingly well.

Today is open house for DD5, DS12 and DS10. Then off to orientation for DS 14 (H.S.):eek: DS14 is already at the weight room and will have to go to practice later this afternoon. DD16 took over someone elses hours for today so I guess it's a run around day.

Sue, 6 or so hours of sleep is not much. Are you following a rotation using all these oldies you keep doing? How is football ball going for DS. Is DD in anything this fall?

Laurie, How did your 7 miler go? Nice you can take off and see DD off to school. What book are you reading? Dild DD15 have a good time at Six Flags?

Susan, I was tempted when I first saw people talking about Clean Eatinig and almost ordered it over the internet. I have never seen it in the stores yet. I'll have to look it up again. I heard it is a great magazine. Very practical things in it. Thanks for the site, I'll check it out.

lala, are you ready for your rollerblading race? Is more running on the agenda today?

Dani, hope you are rested up today. Too cute your DD works out with you. I hope the step was low;) Glad you are getting your P90X.

Have a nice day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.