BUFF BADGERS 8/16-8/20

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Tough day for us on Saturday, the humidity really took it's toll on everyone. I know that my DH was super crabby, and everyone else was very emotional also. The end of the day ended in tears and someone being asked to stay home the next day. :( Sunday was way better as far as weather and the emotional turmoil of the faire group. All I have to say is that both days for me where fine, I think I was one of the few sain people left. :eek: Saturday morning I got up and did the Fit Test from Insanity, no I'm not doing another rotation yet. I just like how that workout is very Hiit. Nothing for me this morning, hoping that I get motivated later tonight to at least lift some weights.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
HI there!

Laurie, I can only imagine how the heat can effect the moods of the others. I know it sure effects me! Yes, at least Sunday was much better!

I unfortunately had the flu (I think) this weekend. Woke up on Saturday and my guts were just churning. Did not feel good at all. Sunday the same thing. I was so tired and felt feverish. By Sunday afternoon I was feeling a bit better. I was able to sit through a movie at least. Took DD to see Eat Pray Love. It was good. Still not 100% today but better than I was. Spent time writing up my Cathe Rotation over the weekend. Today I will be doing Cardio Kicks. Don't remember the last time I did that one!

Plan on pre-ordering Cathe's new dvds as well.

The weather is so wonderful today! Hope to sit out back and get some reading in! DS starts football tonight.

Take care and have a great day- Susan

Good Morning!:D Wow, it was just perfect out walking this morning! I had a great time doing Cardio Kicks yesterday. Today I am doing Power Hour. I am really looking forward to it.

Feeling better today too. Last night I thought it was coming back again but it seems to have gone away. :confused: Hope it's gone for good!

Whatever you do today, I hope you enjoy it!

Susan

Good Morning,

Didn't do anything since Fri. had company all day Mon. 30 people for supper. Spent my weekend cleaning only to have it a mess again. Tonight is our bike ride. If the rest of the company leaves sometime this morning, I will try to get in some weight work.

Laurie, what a miserable weekend. Heat does take it's toll. Glad you got some Hiit in.

Susan, glad you enjoyed the movie. Sorry you were sick over the weekend. Glad you are feeling better and able to get onto your Cathe rotation. Are you doing all of Cathe's older workouts? Do you use the same weights as Cathe for most of her workouts prior STS?

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Changed up my workouts this week, because I just felt like it. :eek: Body is still recovering from the weekend, my feet are still pretty sore. I picked up 10 Min. Solutions Ultimate Bootcamp. I really like Jessica Smith, and the is one tough workout with lots of variety. She doesn't do the same old same old. I think every section does have some type of plank move, so the upper body is really work good. The lower body segement is unweighted, but the moves get ya good in the legs. Totally enjoyed the workout, and this is a keeper for me.

Susan, Glad to hear that you are feeling much better, one of my friends had the same thing as you described. I'm also glad that you where able to get in Cardio Kicks, I have not done that one in a long time. I think I don't do it very often, because it takes up a little to much room for my workout space. My oldest started cross country yesterday, so I guess the summer is quickly coming to a close for the kids. :(

Karen, Hope those house guest vacate quick for you. You break your back getting your house clean, and then a bunch of people come in a mess it all up. I know what you are talking about. I like when you mop the floor, and then one of the girls spills some juice on the floor. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Hi,

Only went for our bike ride yesterday, 35 miles. Didn't get in anything else. Today I did Powersculpt KCM, really liked the workout. Gets a lot done in 30 min and works the entire body. Tomorrow night we are going for a hilly ride with the Tue. night group.

Laurie, I really like Jessica too. I'll have to check into this one, although I have a ton of dvds that I need to use. I am going to get the new Michelle Dozois ones. Cool weather is here. Hopefully we still have it by the weekend.

Susan, are you guys coming to your cabin anymore this summer? Still hoping to meet you.

Sue, what great combos of workouts are you doing now. Any Tonique?

Lala hope you are enjoying all your traveling.

Enjoy your day.

Laurie - I feel for you with the weather. . . I was sweating like crazy at State Fair on Friday JUST SIMPLY STANDING - not even moving . . . and it made me plenty cranky. We didn't spend a lot of time outside and when we did it was under shade. Changing up your workouts just for the heck of it is fun, isn't it? I'm sure I've heard of Jessica Smith - probably on Exercise TV - but I don't own any of her stuff. Been spending a lot of money lately so I've decided to live with what I've got and Exercise TV for a while. I'll still pre-order Cathe though. That one doesn't count! ;)

Susan - Sorry you were feeling poorly. CK and PH are great workouts. Is this an all Cathe rotation?

Karen - I haven't done any more Tonique but am planning to do some on Thursday or Friday. I figure once a week is about all I can handle since the DOMS is so bad. Have fun on your hilly ride!

Packer game was lots of fun. We stopped at Oshkosh outlet mall on the way back for some back to school shopping. I was off yesterday to take DS to dentist and register DD for high school. Busy day and it went by quickly.

Here's what I've been up to so far this week:

Monday - 1st 30 min. of Bob Harper's cardio
Tuesday - KCM Circuit Burn Workouts 1 & 2 - I like this one so far. Lots of new moves but the pace is too quick to go very heavy with the weights. I used my 8s mostly, 12s a couple of times and 15 once. I had issues with my dvd player (no sound, freezing) so switched to my portable player and it worked fine on that. Interrupted the flow of the workout though (well, that and a wasp flying around) so I'll have to do this one again uninterrupted and see how I like it.

Hopefully I get a cardio in tonight. DH is on call so if he gets paged I have to pickup DS from football which means I may not have time to workout. Keep your fingers crossed that doesn't happen.

Hello! Today was Step Blast then after that I mowed the lawn and did yard work. I am tired and sore now. My legs were not hurting me too much when I first woke up, but they are now!:eek:

Sue, yes I made a Cathe rotation up over the weekend. Using a lot of her old ones. I go to the Outlet Mall in Oshkosh all the time! You were only 15mn away from me! ;)

Karen, I tend to use the same weight Cathe uses, sometimes a little heavier depending. Don't know if we're heading back up to the cabin or not. DH has been working so much this Summer. He hates it. In-laws have been having trouble with the septic up there and the roof, so DH is not too antsy to get up there until it's all fixed! And to say you "only" went for a 35 mile ride?? That would do in just thinking about it!:eek:

Hey Laurie, are feet feeling better? Hope so!

Well, I got to get to the library! Have a great night - Susan

Morning BB's,

Busy day for me yesterday, so didn't have a chance to chat. My workout was Amplify Your Stength with Kimberly Spreen. This morning was MTV's Yoga with Kristin McGee, forgot how good that workout is. Legs are really sore from the AYS workout, that one is lower body without weights.

Karen, I'm taking some time to go through all of the workouts that I have not done in a while, or have never opened. :eek: I'm very interested in the Peak 10 workouts too, they really look good from the clips I saw at Collage. We are suppose to have some nice weather this weekend, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Sue, Glad you had a good time at the Packer game, I have never been to one so that is still on my to do list. :D Yep Jessica is on ExerciseTV, so you may have seen her on there. Of course the pre-order of Cathe doesn't count, she is on my staple diet. :D

Susan, Sounds like we where in the same boat with the sore legs. :D Will be interested to see all the older Cathe workouts that you are doing in this rotation.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Morning,

Boy am I sore from KCM powersculpt--everywhere. Yikes! Tonight is a bike ride.

Laurie, I really want Kristin's yoga workout-always have. Hope the weekend is nice for you. Nice workouts. That idea of going through my workouts I haven't done is a good idea.

Susan, Step Blast, one of my favs. I need to do some step soon. There are a lot of Cathe step workouts I really enjoy, just haven't done step in awhile.

Sue, do you still like the Bob Harper workouts? To bad it was so hot for the fair. Glad you enjoyed your first Packer game. Go Pack! I am really enjoying KCM lately. Short and sweet but get the job done.

DS12 is liking football. DS16 made varsity soccer team and DS14 is on JV. Very busy schedule.

Have a wonderful day.

Hello there! Today I did CTX Power Circuits (all of it). That had a good back and ab workout on it. Hadn't done that one in ages and my quads are not singing their praises right now!:eek: I walked Ruby for 40mn this morning and then, during DS's football practice I walked for 45mn and read my book for 45mn!

Laurie, I see it's going to warm up over the weekend. Hoped it was going to stay cool for you!:(

Karen, I really miss doing step too and am happy to be back at it. At first I felt clumsy but then get back into it!:D Congrats to the kids for their sports! Yes, I bet you do a lot of running around. I know you live pretty far from the school!

Hi Sue!
Hi Lala!

Take care ladies- Susan

Good Morning,

Last night we went 41 miles on a hilly course. Today I will do some upper body workout, not sure which one yet. Any ideas? I won't be doing it until later because I have to take the kids to the dentist. I can't do PUB, one of my favs because it freezes up.

Susan, you got a lot of walking in yesterday. It sure was a beautiful day for it. I think I am going to feel a little clutsy when I reintroduce step to myself.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Morning BB's,

Today was BC/ME Bonus Combo. What a great way to sweat in the morning, almost took some time out of the workout to plug in the fan. :eek: Decided that I didn't have enough time. :D

Karen, So far I'm having a great time working on the only done once or never used workouts. I'm trying to stick with circuits and cardio for now, because I have done most of the weight workouts. I'm surprised that I have never done the BC/ME Bonus Combo before. I really enjoyed it alot, and it is only 67 min. so it fit my time slot. How about the ME Upper Body, that one fries because of the endurance factor. ;) Kristin is in a new workout called Body by Bethenny. I'm still debating about getting this one, because I don't know how much I will be able to stand Bethenny. :eek:

Susan, I have been doing a little more step lately too, and I was tripping over myself at first to. :eek: Power Circuits is a great workout. I'm hoping for better weather this weekend too, it took me almost three days to recover from the last one. :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful day!

HI all! Today is the elliptical and Pilates Ring Workout. Legs are feeling much better than they were last night!:D

Karen, great job on the ride last night! You could also try CTX Upper Body (if you have it!).

Laurie, great workout you had today! Hope you enjoy your weekend! Stay cool!

Hi Sue!
Hi Lala!

Better go get some house work done (never ending!)

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.