BUFF BADGERS 7/5 - 7/9

susanz

Cathlete
Hello fellow BB's! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Saturday before camping I went for a walk and did Yoga Meltdown. Sunday, while camping I walked about 50mns.We had a nice time camping. Unfortunately it started raining Sunday about 7:30pm and did not stop until 5am! Our friends have a really nice "park model" permanent camper with a huge covered porch, so we just sat under that for a long time talking and laughing! Lucky for us our tent did not leak at all! :D Too bad no fireworks this year...

Yesterday we got home about 1:30. I unloaded the van, put everything away and then it was time to shower and get to DS's soccer game. They lost...:(

Today was a nice walk and BFBM. I am going down to do Shred 1-3 in a bit. I was supposed to do this Monday but I just couldn't squeeze it in!

Hope you are all surviving all this rain we're getting! It's supposed to rain here until Friday. Tired of it already!:mad:

Have a good night! Susan

Hi,

Today I am going on our group ride on the tandem. Yesterday we did 30 miles on the tandem and Sat. I did the 4 mile race. Finished 1st in my age group and 110th out of 506 people. My time was 31:44. DS12 did great finishing in 27:28. DH beat me by 30 seconds. Had I seen him ahead of me I would have tried even harder.;)

Susan, glad you enjoyed the camping despite the rain. Glad your tent did not leak. You are getting a lot of working out in today. I was going to do weights this morning but got caught up in the tour. Lance's last Tour De France. He will still race just not in this one anymore.:(

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Susan - You sure have a great attitude about the rain and camping. Not getting wet and having good friends to laugh and talk with made a big difference I bet. You're going to do Shred 1-3 today after BFBM earlier? WOW! :eek: I'm surprised your DS had a game last night. Most of our stuff was cancelled or moved to a different date since so many had off yesterday.

Karen - Great time on your race. Too bad you didn't know DH was ahead of you so you could catch up. ;) Would he have been mad if you beat him?

Here's how my weekend went:
Friday - SJP
Saturday - Results Lower
Sunday - Results Upper
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Nothing yet

So tired today. Glad it's a short week - only 2 1/2 days. :cool: Taking off for appointments. I posted about our kitty but no one probably saw it so I'll copy/paste here:

Well, I was unsuccessful collecting pee with our kitty. She would try to go but all that came out what a couple drops of blood. The vet was concerned she may have stones so did an x-ray and yep - she has stones in her bladder. And while they were taking the x-ray she peed on the table so they were able to get a sample. He was hoping to find a certain type of crystal in the urine which would mean most likely the stones were the kind that could be dissolved with food but no luck - no crystals in the urine. We could try the food but it could make the stones worse. Other option - SURGERY.

She's scheduled for July 9 which happens to be my birthday. I had planned to take the day off anyway so it works well. She'll have to stay 1-2 nights at the vet. Poor baby. She is such a sweet kitty. As the vet examined her she was rubbing her head against his stethoscope. He said that was a good sign.

She is also on antibiotics because the vet thought she probably still has an infection in her bladder. The pills are tiny so it's pretty easy to hold her head back, open the mouth and pop it in.

Sue, poor Kitty. Not a very good birthday present. Hope all goes well. Keep us posted. Nice job on the workouts over the weekend. I don't think he would have been mad but if he saw me he would have also gone faster. Probably no way I could have beaten him unless I snuck up on him or something. He didn't want to run with me because he wanted to see how well he could do without me slowing him down. Would have loved to show him.;) Are you doing anything for your birthday?

Hi there! Today is the elliptical followed by NMTZ ! I was tired after completing Shred yesterday. But I am glad I did it.

Sue, sorry to hear about your kitty! Hopefully all will go well with the surgery and she;ll be back to normal in no time. Hope you enjoy your days off this week!

Karen, way to go on that race! :D Is that in Rice Lake? How far was the ride yesterday?

Well, more rain is in store for us today. Getting tired of it all. :( At least the sun came out for DS's b-ball game last night and they won 22-14! It was a fun game.

Make it a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Well I'm finally back to work this morning, just glad that I only have three days of work. :D Have kept up with my workouts, and was actually able to try a leg workout this morning. Disc 9, since it used lighter weights. Everything went well with the leg, just really felt the weakness during the sliding lunges on the injured leg. Now I will have to try running to see if that makes the leg say Hmmm. :D

Dress rehearsal was super hot! Monday I was dragging, and so was everyone else in the house.

Susan, Sorry to hear that you are getting so much rain, we really have not had any for over a week. During dress rehearsal we go a soaker, but it was gone pretty quickly. I'm hoping the rain brings some relief from the humidity.

Karen, WTG on the race! To bad you didn't just fly past your DH! :eek:

Sue, Sorry to hear that your kitty has to have surgery. Great workouts you got in.

Have a wonderful day!

Good Morning,

Today I did a 4 mile run and am going to do ab circuits, stretchmax. The bike ride was a short one last night at only35 miles. The average mph was 21.7. A pretty good pace.

Laurie, do you like the meso 1 workouts? I always get doms from them. Glad you are only feeling twinges here and there. Hope running goes well. So, the Ren Faire didn't start yet. For some reason, I thought it was all summer long. I'll bet you were hot. It really zaps the energy doesn't it?

Susan, nice workout yesterday. I would have been tired too. The race was in Chetek for their Liberty Fest. Hope you get a break in the rain soon. We have only had a bit at nights. During the day it is humid and hot. Nice win for your DS in baseball.:D

Take care all.

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend and week! We went to MN for the fourth. Pretty much did nothing over the weekend!
Am still on GS rotation. am going to FL tomorrow for a niece's wedding, so have been combining weights with cardio. Have been getting some swimming in as well as kickbox...Amy Bento and Turbo Jam. My PF has been bothering me...in my OTHER foot:( so am trying not to do high impact stuff.

What do you guys think of Turbo Fire? Anyone have it? I actually kindo of like Chalene's quirkiness, so this one may go on my wish list.

Sue, I did see that post on your kitty. Hope all goes well. You got some good workouts in!

Susan, speaking of workouts...you are a machine!!!

Karen, still am so impressed with your running times!!! I can relate to the motivation to beat someone in a race. A couple of years ago DD21 and I did a 1/2 inline skate marathon and she started out FAST...so I had no option but to keep up with her:D

Laurie, glad the leg is feeling better. sometimes it's really hard to know when something is too much or just right!

Thanks for all the well wishes for our kitty. I'll give her a big hug from all of you. :)

Lala - I was interested in Turbo Fire until I read that the workouts are like Turbo Jam on speed. I like the pace in Turbo Jam and wouldn't want anything faster.

Laurie - Glad the leg was okay with the leg workout. You probably sweated off a few pounds on Sunday. ;)

Susan - Send your rain this way! It's hard to get a good night's sleep with it so sticky out.

Did NYC this morning and sweated like crazy. This humidity is something else! Off this afternoon for an eye appt. Glad I picked an overcast day because they always dilate my eyes. :cool:

Morning BB's,

Cut the morning walk with Cami short this morning, I was getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. My workout this morning was BFBM, and I upped the intensity a bit to Insanity level. I was soaking wet, and had a hard time with the walking planks. My arms kept slipping on the mat. :eek: Sure do love that workout though.

Karen, Great bike ride you got in. I like the Meso 1 workouts, just sometimes have a hard time with the weight changes. :rolleyes: 30 seconds sometimes isn't enough time to get my weighted gloves on and off. :D We officially start faire on Saturday, so tomorrow is shopping and packing up all the necessary items for the weekend.

Lala, Sorry to hear that your PF is acting up on the other foot! Enjoy the wedding and FL, hope it isn't to hot there. From the reviews that I have seen, if you like Turbo Jam then you will really like TF. I wasn't a big fan of TJ, so am holding off on the TF.

Sue, Hope you didn't have to drive home in the pouring rain with dialated eyes. :eek: This humidity is really crazy bad, I got out of the car this morning, and my glasses fogged up! :rolleyes: Oh I really did sweat alot on Sunday, I had soaked through my corset, hoop skirt and the padded bum roll. That has not happened in quite a while. Guess we where kind of spoiled last year with the cool weather. ;)

Have a wonderful day!

Hi,

Today I did Slow and Heavy chest/back/plank. I forgot how hard that workout is. I'll try to get either leg work or cardio in later. Snickers has a haircut at 12 so I have to do that today.

Laurie, how did you make BFBM like Insanity? Mosquitoes are out in the morning by you. Yuk! I just use the weight increments I have I don't bother changing by 1/2 or 1 lb. I guess I am not really doing it as intended. I just like the music and the exercises.

Sue, hope all went well with the eye appt. Are you doing anything besides taking your kitty in for your birthday?

Lala, have fun at the wedding. I like Turbo Jam. I am planning on pulling them out again. I did order just the add on for Turbo Fire but don't have them yet. I will let you know what they are like when I get them. They look like fun.

Hi Susan.

Have a great day.

Laurie - I was thinking of going outside this morning but it sounds like it was good I didn't because of the mosquitos. I wouldn't have applied bug spray and would have been eaten alive! Wearing a corset in this weather does NOT sound like fun. Remember the days of wearing nylons to work and how uncomfortable that was in the summer?

Karen - I WAS driving home in the pouring rain with dilated eyes. That was when I decided to just go home instead of heading to DS' baseball game which was rained out anyway. One good thing about the rain - I didn't need those super dark glasses they give you. ;) I'm going to lunch with a friend tomorrow. We used to work together 10 years ago but she left the company and we still stay in contact. It'll be fun to see her again.

Eye doctor says I need readers. I've been blinking a lot when I try to read and thought it was just dry eyes so I bought some drops. I have contacts so now I need those AND glasses in order to see! Man, do I feel old. Off to Walgreens tonight to find some "granny glasses".;)

Did 3 Leslie miles this morning. Okay, enough with the humidity. Seriously. It's hard enough getting ready in the morning when you're hot already from working out - even after the shower - and then with the humidty on top of it, it's CRAZY! I have a little fan in he bathroom and I splash cold water on myself. I turn out the lights when I dry my hair so the bulbs don't add extra heat. I walk to other rooms where it's cooler so I can cool down a bit. Does anyone have little tricks they use when they need to cool down quickly so they can do their hair and makeup? I'm out of ideas. The bathroom downstairs isn't as well lit and DH showers down there so not always available. Just curious what other people do. Wish I could go without makeup and doing my hair but I can't. Don't know what I'll do when I start having hot flashes on top of it! LOL

Hello! Today was lawn mowing and Shred #1, and a walk. Boy, is it humid!:eek: All the rain we have had is doing nothing for the humidity! They say a cold front is coming tonight and I couldn't be happier!:)

DS has a Bball game tonight and DD is going to a birthday party. Hope to get in some pilates/stretching after his game.

Laurie, you are a machine! I always have a problem with my elbows slipping during walking planks so I keep a towel handy and I fold it under my elbows! ;) I sure hope things are a little cooler for you on Saturday!

Karen, hope Snickers likes his haircut!

Hi Sue! How was the surgery? I feel in love with a cat at Petco this morning. His name is Ralph and he's 2 years old. Such a sweetie and snuggler! Thinking of mentioning him to DH and see what he says.... The Humane Society has him and he's declawed (front), all shots, de-wormed, neutered plus they micro-chipped him, all for only $50! He made my heart melt! His owners just didn't have enough time for him anymore.:(

Okay, I got to go shower! Have a great night! Susan

Morning BB's,

Well some relief from the heat has arrived, and just in time too. Don't know if I could deal with two hot days for our opening weekend. Disc 21 Back & Biceps was finished this morning. Plan on Disc 20 Legs tomorrow morning, and yoga for Sunday.

Karen, S&H is a good one. BFBM is a lot like insanity, so I just took the exercises to the more advanced level or did them faster. She does each exercise for 30 sec, so it was pretty simple to do. The kb portions I just kept the same. Snickers should enjoy having a hair cut for the summer.

Sue, I did LOL about the nylons, it is really nice that the naked leg is in fashion now. I had to think about what I do to avoid the make-up falling off my face, and I don't turn the lights on. :eek: We have a window in our bathroom, so it gives enough light for putting on make-up. I also have a very small light that is way up in the ceiling that I can turn on when I need it. Hey join the club with the readers, mine of course are progressives lenses, so I already have them attached.

Susan, So did you convince DH that you needed the cat? :D We got Cami from the humane society, and they really do take great care of those animals.

Have a wonderful day and weekend.

Hi,

Did S/H tri/bi/shoulders. She has such a good personality in this one. Joking around a lot. Makes me smile.

Laurie, glad you will get a little relief from the heat. Have a fun opening weekend.

Susan, did the cold front come in? Snickers haircut did not go very well. Long story, don't like the lady and she cut his feet like a poodle.:(

Sue, hope you enjoyed your lunch with your friend. Always good to meet up with someone you haven't seen in awhile.

Off to get a haircut and chiro. We are going to Eau Claire for a bike race on Sun. The boys and DH are camping Sat. - Sun. My parent's are coming on Sat. night and driving to EC with me and Lauren. My brother and SIL are coming up for the week also, meeting in EC on Sun. Should be a fun week.

Have an awesome weekend.

Susan - I would snap that kitty up in a heartbeat! :D ;) $50 is a great price. We paid a lot more than that when we adopted our cats from the Humane Society 6 years ago cuz we had to pay for the spaying and neutering. Dropped off our sweetie for surgery this morning. They're going to call afterwards and let me know how it went. She'll stay overnight at least 1 night. The assistant was impressed at what a good kitty she is. Did you get your Pilates in?

Laurie - Yeah! It's cooler for opening weekend. :) I'm going to head out in a little bit (off work today) and do a walk/jog. Doctor wanted to order bifocals for me (or progressive lens) but I hardly ever wear my glasses. In fact, I have the cheapest pair of frames they sell.

Lala - I watched the clip of Turbo Fire and it doesn't seem that fast. I may have judged these workouts too quickly. Please let me know how you like them. You too, Karen. ;)

Did Bob's Cardio last night. It seems to be getting easier. Off to workout now and then out to lunch. DD helped me make cupcakes this morning instead of a cake so can't wait to eat those. Someone told me calories don't count on your birthday so I hope they're right. :p

Have a great weekend everyone! :cool:

HI there! Today was Shreds 1,2,3. Ruby was in an odd mood when walking to day. Like she just didn't want to! It is much nicer here today with a lot less humidity!

Have to drive DD 90mn away for a sleepover with an out of town friend this afternoon. Tomorrow the parents and I will meet half-way instead to bring her home. No other big plans for the weekend. Kids still have fireworks they want to light off. Since it was so rainy last weekend we didn't get to. Thought we'd have a bonfire and invite some friends over tomorrow night for that.

Sue, hope all goes well for the kitty! Nope, I did not get in my pilates. DS's team won 15-13 last night. This game was a good one, against their main rival! However, we got home later than anticipated.

Karen, sounds like you'll be busy! Hope you enjoy the ride tomorrow!

Laurie, I told DH about the cat and he just looked at me. I am going to find him on the internet and e-mail it to him so he can see him. I just keep talking about him but Dh is staying "mute".

Take care ladies! Susan

Kitty pulled through surgery just fine. Doctor called after it was over and she was already awake from the anesthesia. We get to pick her up tomorrow morning! She also gets a free pass from her annual exam next week since she doesn't need shots. Our male cat on the other hand still has to go. He's the one that doesn't travel well in a car. Kitty valium here we come. :) (for the cat - not for me :p)

P.S. I should add that they're sending the stones off for testing so we can put her on the right diet to prevent future stones.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.