BUFF BADGERS 7/26-7/30

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today is my rest day, and Saturday was CTX Power Circuits, 4DS Shoulders, Calves and Core. Sunday (because of how horribly hot it was on Saturday), I didn't have the energy to attempt a workout. Sunday made up for Saturdays weather though, it was beautiful.

Hope everyone had a great weekend,

Hi everyone!

Laurie, haven't done my workout for today, but am looking at CTX too! Once again, it's been a long time! But don't plan on adding anything to it like you did! Maybe some mowing :confused:

This weekend I did 4DS bootcamp circuit upper and sunday...just rested!

My back has been bothering me lately, especially when I sit and I think that maybe I should lay off the hight impact for a while, but when I run it doesn't bother me :confused:

Have a good day everyone!

Hi,

Yesterday I went for a 45 mile bike ride with DH. Today I did Muscle Max upper body/abs.

Lala, sorry your back is bothering you. I love your new profile picture. Whatever you are doing is working.

Laurie, I have so many workouts and keep doing the same ones over and over, I need to pull out CTX again.

Tonight is the first night of soccer practice for the HS. Football camp went well for DS12 and he will play in the fall despite being only 68 pounds.

Enjoy the rest of summer, it is going quickly.

Laurie - Enjoy your well-deserved rest day. I'm glad you had one nicer day over the weekend although I thought yesterday was still pretty hot. We went to Waukesha County Fair and did a lot of shade-hoppin' from one spot to the next.

Karen - 45 miles is great. What's the farthest you've ever gone? 68 pounds is small but I bet my 160 pound 13 yo would never catch him. Is he excited about playing?

Lala - My back has been bothering me, too, so today I did Total Body Stretching on the Ball #1 and I feel MUCH BETTER. I highly recommend it. :D

My weekend was a real electic mix:
Friday - Firm #2
Saturday - From Exercise TV: Walking Cardio Shape Up with Chris Freytag 47 min. + Gilad Punch 15 min.
Sunday - Turbo Jam Cardio Party
Monday - 30-30 HIIT + Power Hour squats, plies, lunges + Total Body Stretching on the Ball #1

Hi Ladies!

We had a nice weekend. Saturday I did PlyoX and I felt great! I really pushed it and had a great time. However, come Sunday my legs were sore!:eek: So I went for a 60mn walk and did stretching. Today was Shred 1,2,3. I took the kids to the pool today. It was just too gorgeous to be inside!:D

Laurie, Hope you had a good rest day. I saw on Facebook where Jillian explained that her new Shred DVD is not the sequel to the original. It is a kettle bell workout that you can use dumbbells with. She is coming out with the sequel to Shred in 2011.

Karen, nice weather for a ride! My DS10 weighed in at 69 pounds this year. He was excited cause he was up for his mere 56 pounds last year!:eek:

Sue, you had a nice mix of workouts there! We'll be going to the Winnebago County fair next week. DD13 just told me her "boyfriend" is showing his sheep there.

Lala, hope your back is better soon. I think we need a new bed. Mine doesn't hurt every day, it all depends on how I sleep.

Good night! Susan

Morning BB's,

Hiit Double Wave Pyramid and 4DS Chest & Back for today.

Lala, Sorry to hear that your back is acting up. How is that 4DS Bootcamp circuit upper. I was looking at maybe doing that or the kickboxing circuit upper on Monday before we head up to my parents. I have to figure out how to get the 4DS workouts done in two days. :eek: No way am I going to be working out in my parents living room. :D I'm having fun pulling out some workouts that I have not done in a really long time. I don't think that I have done the Power Circuit cardio in years. Don't understand why, it only has a very short hi/lo section. :eek:

Karen, I found that I was doing the same thing with my workouts, that is why I'm pulling out the CTX workouts. I will even try the 10-10-10 workout, I think I can handle 10 min. of hi/lo. Can you see I don't enjoy that part. :D Your DS can run fast, so I'm sure he will be flying past those bigger guys. ;)

Sue, We had a nice breeze going, so that made the day a lot less hot. Of course it wasn't as humid as Saturday, so that helps a lot. Hope you had a good time at the Fair, even though it was hot. I have only been to the Waukesha County Fair once, and that was to watch a concert.

Susan, Glad that you had fun with PlyoX. I'm not going to be getting that kettlebell workout of Jillian's, I will get Shred 2 though. I like how the Shred workout is structured.

Have a wonderful day,

Hi,

Today is our group bike ride. Wonder if it will get rained out and I should do something else. If it doesn't, I'll be toast for the ride.

Laurie, you don't like hi/lo?:) Nice workouts you are getting in. Are you doing weights everyday? I won't be getting the Jillian kettlebell workout either. Looks dangerous.

Susan, good for you enjoying plyox. Have fun at the faire and I hope you back feels better. Glad the stretching is helping.

Sue, nice workouts. If you son did catch mine, he would be toast. That is my concern. 50 miles in our time trial a few years ago was the furthest we have ever gone. We did it in 2 hrs. 17 min. The race is actually coming up this Sat. but we are not doing it due to finances.

Lala, Hi.

Enjoy your day.

Susan - Thanks for the info on Jillian's next workout. I think I'll wait for the sequel to Shred. I've been thinking about doing PlyoX again. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Laurie - I've been enjoying old workouts lately, too. It's surprising how tough some of them still are. CTX Power Circuit is one of my faves. Waukesha County Fair was not too exciting this year aside from the sea lion show. Very muddy, fewer vendors and not a great selection of food. State Fair is SO MUCH BETTER. Can't wait for that - already have my tickets. :D

Karen - Hope the rain stays away so you get your group ride in. I think I'd be toast, too, if I tried to do something else. You must have thighs of steel with all that biking. ;) I'd like to go biking with DH but he's either busy or too tired.

DD and DS both won their softball/baseball games last night. DD's team is in a 3-way tie for 1st place so she will play another game next week. Last night's game was another blowout so the coach of the other team asked to play an extra inning which didn't count so her girls could get more batting practice. I think they barely made it through the lineup in 2 very long innings (lots of walks). They didn't have enough players on other other team who could/wanted to stay so a couple of our players played on their team. The coaches pitched and the umpires left so it was pretty light-hearted. At the end the coaches all wanted to bat so there was lots of harassment and teasing from their girls. It was actually more fun than watching the regular game! :)

This morning I only had 20 min. so I did Power Hour Chest, Back and Shoulders. Tonight I'll do Bis, Tris and Abs plus hopefully a short cardio. Broke down and ordered Tonique 1. That should arrive this week along with KCM 30 Min. to Fitness Cardio Blast.

Hi ladies! Today was the elliptical followed by pilates buns/thighs/abs. Such a humid day. Hopefully the rain will get rid of some of it!

Laurie & Sue, I think I will get the new Shred and let ya know if I made a good decision or not!:p

Karen, hope you get your ride in today! I could never bike as far as you do! :eek:

Hi Lala!!

Gotta go clean the fish tank!

Have a good day- Susan

Last night I downloaded PH and did it today...it will be getting a lot of use. The only fully body weights I have are ME, MM, and the SS and PP, the last one I don´t use too much, so I think that PH is a good addition.

Sue, are there premixes on PH? The download doesn´t include them.
Sounds like the DD and DS teams are doing well. Sometimes a lighthearted game is good.

Susan, maybe we do need a new bed. Wouldn´t mind a sleep number but when I heard "you can save up to 900.00" I couldn´t help but wonder how much they cost :eek::eek:

Karen, hope you got your bike ride in today. We had a short thunderstorm. I´m tired of the rain! Thanks for the comment on the picture. I was in Florida at my niece ´s wedding...it´s hard to get a bad picture at the ocean...that´s my story and I´m sticking to it :)

Laurie, The 4DS bootcamp/upper is about an hour and each body part has 2 or three exercises. There are 4 of the cardio at a time then weights. I´m sure I´ll be doing it again. I hear ya on the exercising in front of people :eek:

HI there! Thought I had better post early today before my DD gets on to "chat" with her BF! Today will be CardioX and then I have to mow and all that fun yard stuff! First the grass has to dry out!:eek:

Funny thing, I thought today was our garbage day. While I was sitting enjoying my coffee, I heard the garbage truck coming. I flew out of my chair and rain to the garage thinking I was gonna miss him. Started taking out the garbage, but wondered why my neighbors did not have theirs out yet.... Then, I realized it was only Wednesday NOT Thursday!! :eek::D Now, let's hope I don't forget again tomorrow! LOL

Lala, my friend has told me to get a sleep number too. But, like you, when I saw the commercial to save $900.... hmmmmm. I told DH maybe next week I'd got hit some stores and try them out. -

Oh! At DS B-ball game last night, the bases were loaded and my lil' guy hit it to the fence, brought in 3 runners and we won the game!! YEA!!!:D He was just beaming!

Have a great day ladies!!
Susan

Good Morning,

We got to bike last night. Made it in just before the rain and thunderstorm. It was a fast ride trying to out ride the storm. Today I am doing Insanity upper body and going for a bike ride with some of my girlfriends.

Susan, wonder what your neighbors were thinking.:D Nice job with hitting all those runs in by your son. What a great moment.:) Are you doing a P90X rotation? I can't remember.

Lala, Power Hour is a great workout. It's funny I don't use SS dvd that much but they really are good workouts if your a bit short on time. I used them a few times during the school year and was surprised what good workouts they are.

Susan, did the rain get rid of some of your humidity. You would be able to ride as far as I do if you started doing it. I have been riding now for 5 years. It does get easier. Are you getting a kettlebell to go with the Jillian workout?

Sue, I didn't know they were coming out with a sequel to Shred. How much are tickets to the state faire and is there any place to get them for cheaper. My mom and dad are taking the kids for a week and want to take them to the faire. I wish I had thighs of steel, more like marsmallows. Can't get them by eating junk. Nice job on the games. Sounds like the kids had fun and the parent's alike. Both the workouts you ordered are good ones. Enjoy.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

CTX Kickbox and 4DS Legs & Abs for me this morning. Work is treating us all to a Brewers game today, so I am doing the work but not working. :D Should be fun, and then tonight we are going to DH's parents for the evening. :p Oh well the day can't be all perfect. :eek: May need a bottle of wine! ;)

Karen, WTG outbiking the rain. Sounds like you are having a great time with your rides. I am doing 4 days of weights, as per the split, not changing them at all. Have a great time with you friends today.

Sue, Sounds like a lot of fun was had by the team and coaches, what a great way to end a day. 30MTF Cardio Blast is a fun workout, you should like that one. I agree with you State Fair is a lot of fun, hope we are able to go again this year. Love watching those pigs run around the track. LOL

Susan, Oh how I know about the chatting with the BF. LOL So far DD's new bf is a no drama boy, and I LUV it! :D They just have a good time hanging out. Hope you get that garbage out on time tomorrow! LOL

Lala, PH is a great workout, I have that one on VHS only. I don't think the DVD has any premixes. I used to have back problems with our old mattress, but since DH and I got a new Verlo mattress I have had no problems at all. Wasn't as expensive as the sleep number either. Don't know if they have a factory by you or not.

Have a wonderful day!

Lala - Laurie is correct - no premixes on PH dvd. I just skip to the chapter I need.

Karen - I bought discounted State Fair tickets at work. I would buy some for you but we were limited to 4. It looks like Pick 'n Save and other places stopped selling the discount tickets June 30 which stinks because that's over a month before it begins and you may not even know if you're going. :(

Lala/Susan - We have the Select Comfort bed. You don't set a number but you do set the firmness/softness for each side of the bed. I think it's cheaper than the Sleep Number bed but I could be wrong. We've had ours quite a while. Am so spoiled that whenever I sleep in another bed, I get a sore back and neck.

Laurie - Go Brewers! Hope the bottle of wine helps. ;)

Nothing to report as far as workouts. Didn't finish up PH last night like I was supposed to and slept in this morning. I won't say I'll do it tonight cuz that'll jinx it for sure.

Good Morning,

Yesterdy I did KCM Muscle Definition 30 min series and her abwork. Went to the bike ride but a girl had a seat problem that she couldn't fix so we ate at the restaurant instead of biking. Glad I did something yesterday. I guess today will be cardio. I am going to try Turbo Fire.

Sue, can you get tickets and my brother can pick them up and pay you. It would be great. Did you ever get to finish PH?

Laurie, how many bottles of wine did you need?;) How many of the 30 min to fitness dvds do you have? Are you still getting up really early to exercise? Does DD start cross country yet?

Enjoy the day.:D

HI there! Today is elliptical (Extreme Heart Rate) followed by Jillian's Yoga Meltdown #1. Busy day running around today. Have to take DS to Play It Again Sports for different football gear. He's grown out of everything!:eek: Then other errands need to be done. DS has his last Baseball game tonight too.

Hey! You'll be proud to know I got the garbage out on time today!:p

Karen, I probably would have preferred the dining out instead myself!;)

Laurie, how was the game( I know they lost! :mad:) ? Hope you survived the in-laws!

Sue, I will look into those Select Comfort ones. See, I like a firm mattress and my DH prefers softer.

Hi Lala!:D

Well, I better go do something! Have a great day!

Susan

Morning BB's,

Yoga day for me so PY4H Daily Dose of Bliss was my workout. I'm still planning on getting my yoga day in at my parents, Eoin has a free download that I can put in my I-pod. Would it be weird if I do the workout on my parents front porch? :confused: They have a great front porch, and I thought it would be so nice to go out there to workout. :cool: From what I have seen of the weather, it is suppose to be cool at night and in the 70's during the day. How nice is that! :D

Sue, Did the not saying what your workout would be yesterday work? Oh the wine was very very nice. ;)

Karen, Nice that you could enjoy some time with your friend. DH and I consumed only a half of the bottle of Merlot. His SIL doesn't like red wines (only sweet), so she didn't have any. His MIL was really good last night, and the lasagna that she picked up was very tasty. I have KCM's Weights, Kickboxing and Cardio Blast. I wasn't interested in anything else of hers. Yep I'm still getting up at 4:30 to walk the dog, and then do my workout. It sure makes the evenings nice when I don't have to think about getting a workout done. DD doesn't start CC for another two weeks, but she has been running with her bf.

Susan, You snuck in on me. Wonderful workout plan, have you been enjoying the yoga? Hope you get all the gear you need for your DS. Do you bring his other gear back to Play It Again on trade? :D Yes the Brewers lost, and I did get a little burnt. We where on the 3rd base side, so in the sun the whole time.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Karen - I found someone not going to State Fair so I can give them the money and have them buy 4 tickets for $16. Another person in my dept has an extra so I can get 5 for you if that will help. Let me know right away.

No PH or anything else last night. Been feeling like I just need to take some time off. I'll be back later to read everyone's posts. I saw Karen's post and wanted to respond right away.

Sue, that would be great if you can get the tickets, all 5 because we need 6 total. I will mail you the check if you can email me your address and if you could just mail the tickets to my parents. John Klare 315 Schwantz Rd. pardeeville, WI 53954. Thanks.

Greetings! Yesterday was a 4 mi run. I´ve been enjoying the motiontraxx downloads...and free!

Nothing yet today, although I´m scheduled for plyo legs,but am enjoying doing nothing!

Susan, WTG for DS and his ball game! That must have felt great!

Laurie, yoga on the front porch shouldn´t be too bad! The weather is so perfect I can´t stand to be inside!

Sue, looks like I read your mind as far as no workouts and just enjoying the "time off"!

Karen, enjoy the fair!! I usually just do ours here in Central WI

We are going to Duluth to see the tall ships this weekend. The whole family will be together, I think for the last time til at least Christmas because we will be taking DD and DS out east both for college (DS to law school!) inAugust.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.