BUFF BADGERS 7/19-7/23

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

I have not done a workout yet this morning, just didn't have the energy. Yesterday was so hot, and at the end of the day I was really exhausted. We had a couple of people suffer from heat exhaustion also. I'm changing the weight workouts I'm going to be using, just didn't like the GS BSB premix, so am planning on moving to the 4DS series. Would like to get 4DS Chest & Back along with Hiit 40/20.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hey there! Over the weekend my workouts were just walking! Last night I sat down and wrote up a new rotation with Jillian, P90X, pilates and my elliptical.

Today was elliptical (Extreme Heart Rate) followed by Pilates Max Burn 20mn.

Had a great time seeing all my friends and even a few I did not expect to see! Lots of laughing so my tummy got a workout! :D It's so muggy and humid up here! More rain headed this way too.

Laurie, it has to be so hard to be in those costumes in that heat! I too would be exhausted!:(

Hope the rest of you had a nice weekend!

Susan

Hi BB's,

Susan, sounds like you have a good rotation set up. Nice you got to see more people than you thought at your get together. Good tummy workout.

Laurie, I wouldn't do well in the costumes you have to wear. I'd have a heat stroke. What didn't you like about the GS premixes? Glad you found something that will fit in to your schedule. I did 40/20 the other day. I really liked the workout.

Today I did KCM 30 min fitness weights and stability ball abs from BM2.

DS started football camp today. He is so small. I hope he doesn't get hurt. The man that gave out the uniforms said, "we had a boy your size last year--really fast but couldn't take a hit." :eek:

Had a great time with all my family last week. Didn't get in anything really grand. A few bike rides and a few quick upper body workouts. I have been slacking because I always want to watch the tour. Sad Lance is not in the running.

Have a great evening.

Morning BB's,

Well I didn't get my workout done last night. DH and I went to church, and the grocery shopping afterward. This morning I did get Hiit 40/20 and 4DS Chest & Back done. Monday's are probably going to be my off day. :eek:

Susan, That is so wonderful that you had such a good time with your friends. It is so much fun to do the catch up thing. I'm hoping to visit with my bf from high school while we are on vacation. Have not seen her in quite a while. Will be interested in your new creative rotation.

Karen, Glad you had fun with your family. I have never watch the tour, how long does it usually last? The only premix of the GS series that is bad is BSB. A couple of times you are putting your weights down from the last exercise, and all of a sudden Cathe is on the screen starting the next exercise. If you pause and do the back button, you just get out of sequence. I never enjoy when I'm off count by almost 4 reps. :rolleyes: Oh what a thing for the coach to say! I would be a little leary too.

Have a great day!

Good morning,

Today is our group bike ride.

Laurie, The tour lasts 21 days. This is Lance's last Tour De France. He will still do other races but this is the last for this one. It is probably good to take Mon. off after all the standing and heat you put up with over the weekends. Good thing to know about the GS premixes. I won't start up a rotation with them.

Hi Susan, Sue, Lala. Have a great day.

Hi ladies! Today was Core Synergistics. Still love that workout!:D I had read about taking a thyroid supplement to help fight my fatigue. I have been taking "Thyroid Essentials" for a few days now and have already noticed an increase in energy and mood.

Laurie, I agree that I would need Monday as my "off" day too if I was you! My rest days are Sunday right now.

Karen, hope you enjoy your ride tonight. Have you been getting a lot of rain? It seems every day we have had a bit! :(

HI Sue!
Hi Lala!!

Have a great day/night! Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was 4DS Kickboxing / Legs & Abs. On our morning walk we encountered the skunk again. :rolleyes: This time it took me by surprise! :eek: Cami was being slow and sniffing (probably was tracking the skunk), and out of the bushes came the skunk! :eek: Those things sure do move fast, and it was probably about 5ft. away from Cami. She was wanting to do the doggie investigation, and I was pulling and moving my feet as fast as I could. I got a little worried when the thing turned sideways, but it dashed into the culvert. I have had to deal with a dog that sniffed a skunks butt, and I don't want to deal with that ever again. LOL :D

Karen, How was the bike ride? Glad that I have the 4DS series for a short effective workout. If I remember correctly Pure Strengh came in around 40 min. for the upper body didn't it? Still that is to long for me, but that time included the warm up and cool down. Those where always good workouts too.

Susan, Glad that you are getting an energy boost from the suppliment. Should make those workouts even better. CS is a great total body workout.

Have a great day!

Hi,

The bike ride was fun last night. We rode 35 miles at 21 mph. Today I did Iron Core Kettlebell workout/2 mile run/stretchmax.

Laurie, thanks for some good ideas on split workouts. That is what I am trying to do now with so much biking and the like. I love the 4DS series except bootcamp. Glad you and Cami came away from the skunk encounter without smell.:D

Susan, glad you have found something to give you more energy. That elliptical doesn't stand a chance now.

Hi Sue and Lala.

Laurie - Thought about you in the heat last weekend. I'll pray for cooler weather. Monday night was awesome for softball watching. Thanks for suggesting Mega Step Blast last week. I have a dvd/vcr combo machine so I do occasionally pull out a vhs tape. :) People at Best Buy looked at me strange when I purchased it a couple of years ago but I don't care.

Your skunk story reminded me of an animal show we saw at Universal Studios in Florida earlier this year. At the beginning of the show they have all sorts of animals run on and off the stage including a cat, pig, birds and a SKUNK. :eek: Everyone in the crowd had a strong reaction when they saw the skunk and it stopped the poor little guy dead in his tracks and he ran backstage. He came out later and ran where he was supposed to and everyone clapped. :D

Susan - Glad to hear you had a great time with your friends and a core workout on top of it with all the laughing. :) Where do you get "Thyroid Essentials"? I'm okay on energy but it feels like I need more sleep than I used to. Wondering if it would help.

Karen - I worry about the little guys when I watch football, too but usually they're so fast they don't have to worry about the big guys tackling them. Do you like KCM 30 min. fitness weights? How is her cueing and speed in this one? (Sometimes she's a little too hyper for me.)

Here's how my weekend and week so far went:
Friday - Lazy - didn't do Mega Step Blast as planned
Saturday - Pulled weeds + Mega Step Blast + Shape Hollywood Arms & Legs segments
Sunday - Tonique Fitness (from Exercise TV) + 20 min. cardio with Jade Alexis? (Exercise TV) + 10 min. standing abs with Cindy Whitmarsh (Exercise TV)
Monday - Nothing. Got to bed late Sunday night so tired. DD had a softball game and they won 19-2 against an undefeated team. Coach took them out for ice cream to celebrate so got home late.
Tuesday - MIS Upper, Abs
Wednesday - Leslie Walk & Kick (2 miles - 30 min.) + MIS Lower

HI ladies! I am pooped! Spent 4 hours outside mowing, trimming, cutting hedges, sawing limbs off of trees, going to the compost to drop off all my branches.... Ugh. I am scheduled to do Pilates Advanced Ring as well. Hopefully after I rest a bit I'll feel like it!:D

Sue, here is the link to the supplements I am taking. https://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWC038/ItemDetail?n=0 You are getting good workouts in!:) It looks like it's a lot of B vitamins for energy and focus, plus other stuff your thyroid needs to work properly.

Karen, I need to get a kettle bell!

Laurie, that is one varmint we have never come across in our walks, thank goodness!! We had one in our back yard last Summer, it ended up in our friends yard and he and the police, shot it! :eek:

Hi Lala!!

Morning BB's,

My Thursday mornings are now scheduled as yoga days, so today was Kristin McGee's Power Yoga. During the workout it became evident that this yoga challenge will be good for me. My injured leg was much weaker in Warrior 3 than in the right leg.

Karen, Are the kettlebell workouts long? I have the bootcamp workout scheduled for tomorrow, and I know I really don't do this one very often. I just don't have a lot of room in my workout space. But I remember it being a good workout, except for the space thing. :D

Sue, You got in some great workouts. Glad you where able to get Mega Step Blast, that one was always my favorite of her oldies. That last portion was the best part. They have a petting zoo at the faire, and there are two porccupines. They are cute, those things have really sharp teeth though. He has a gray fox pup this year, really cute too.

Susan, That had to be hot working outdoors yesterday. I'm guessing that the skunk was sick? We had to have a racoon taken care of by the police once, it was out in the middle of the day and was acting like it was drunk. Did you mange to get your Pilates workout done, it you didn't I can really understand. :)

Have a wonderful day!

HI! It´s been a while! This week I am the Bible story teller at our vacation Bible School, so I´ve been working on that as well as beginning to get ready for my classes. :(

I´ve started one of Fitness Freaks get ready for summer rotations...guess it´s more like get ready for fall:eek: Monday was a run, Tues, a day off, but yesterday I made up for it...biked to the pool and swam and High Step challenge...really like that one!

Laurie, what´s the GS BSB premix that you didn´t like? Is your injured leg the hamstring you pulled or is a new injury? :(

Susan, sounds like you had a great weekend! My DS just ordered P90X. How would you compare that with STS? I think your yard work counted as more than a workout!! Glad that you´re feeling more energized!

Sue, looks like you´ve got some good workouts going. And congrats to DD!!!

Karen, I really like the 4DS, too (although boot camp is one of my favorites":eek:) I´m thinking of doing that rotation when school starts, for a couple extra days off while I acclimate to the working world again!!

Did any of you order Turbo Fire? Am looking at that one.

Hello! More rain here today. When will it end?? Today Ruby and I took almost an hour walk and then I did BFBM. Nope, didn't do Pilates yesterday, I added that to Sunday (instead of taking it as my off day). All that fresh air did me in!

Laurie, what's that Power Yoga like? Do you have Jillians Yoga Meltdown? I love that workout! I don't know if the skunk was sick or not, but I was happy when it was gone!:p We came across about 4 deer this morning. This one doe was by herself along the side of the road and instead of walking away from us, she actually started coming towards us. Ruby didn't know what to do! I think they are so used to be around humans they just aren't afraid. We just walked on by her...:)

Lala, I don't own STS but I bet Laurie could answer that question for ya! ;) Glad you're back!

Have a great day ladies!

Susan

Hi,

Today I am not doing anything. Really tired and I have a bike ride with the girls tomorrow and on Sat. a 3 hour bike ride with the guy group.

Lala, nice job on yesterdays workout. I think P90X is more repetitive and gets old faster than STS. I am going to do some short workouts at the beginning of school also for the same reason as you. I ordered Turbo Fire. Haven't tried them yet but I will soon. The music seems really fun.

Laurie, always wanted that Kristen Power Yoga dvd. Kettlebell workouts range in time, the longest being 40 min including warmup and abs. The one I did yesterday was 30 min. Gets a lot done in a short amount of time. Works all the muscles in the body along with cardio, all with low impact.

Susan, you got a lot of yard work done. That is a good workout. You sure are taking the dog for long walks. Snickers is lucky to get a 20 min. walk in. I like the second workout in Jillians Yoga Meltdown better than the first.
Yes, you do need a kettlebell.

Sue, I really like KCM 30 min to fitness. She doesn't go really fast and she uses heavy enough weights that it is difficult. I think she does a really good job on all the 30 min. workouts. Are you liking the tonique workouts?

Have a great day. Have more dentist appt. today. Raining so everyone is cooped up inside. Need sun.:D

Morning BB's,

So that was a very interesting evening! :eek: Can you believe all the rain that came down? I'm ready for all these storms to go bye bye! ;)

Todays workout 4DS Bootcamp / Bi's and Tri's.

Lala, Glad to see you back. High Step Challenge is a good workout, and good for you doing the bike/swim. On GS BSB it was the first premix that had all three body parts. I just didn't like the quick change, so opted for 4DS. I'm actually enjoying them, but I like the GS series also. :confused: Yes the injured leg is still the hammie, it doesn't bother me for anything. That is why I was so surprised when I felt a twinge during the Warrior 3 pose. That pose is a balance on one leg, so I'm sure time will help with that. Karen is right on the difference between P90X and STS. By the time you get to the last 4 weeks of P90X you feel like you really can't do the workouts. He only has 3 cardio workouts (Plyo, Kenpo and CardioX), but on the rotation all you really do is Plyo and Kenpo. With STS each workout has something different on it, so that makes it way less repetitive. Truly I can say that STS was much more fun, but of course P90X is way less expensive. Results will probably be the same, if you watch what you eat.

Susan, Kristin's Power Yoga has the first 25 min. of the traditional Vinyasa/up dog/down dog and then she goes into Warrior 1 with different variations. After that you start doing warrior 2 and 3 poses for the balance. Then you go into stretching. So it is sequenced a lot like YogaX, but shorter. What I really like is that she holds the poses for 3 breaths, which is a lot different that what Jillian does. Jillian moves just a little to fast through some of her poses.

Karen, :eek: WTG on not doing anything. Our bodies need that rest sometimes. I have all of Kristin's yoga workouts, and really enjoy all of them. I like the music she chooses and she does explanations as you go. She explains the crow pose in the workout I did much better than Tony does in P90X. Still not able to do it though. :D

Have a great weekend,

Howdy! Man, it's raining here again!! Yesterday's downpours were awful and hard to drive through. We had some flooding in the roads too. I saw on the TV that the Milwaukee area got hit hard. Hope you all survived! We have more storms coming tonight....:mad:

Today is the elliptical followed by Yoga Meltdown #2.

Laurie, I looked up a few of Kristin's workouts on Collage Video. She has a pilates style workout I am thinking of getting. She was using new exercises that looked "interesting". It was called Weight Loss Pilates.

My weekend looks a bit quiet. IF it's not raining in the morning I would like to head to the Farmers Market up the road. It's a really big one and I printed out the list of vendors. Lots to see and get! Told DH we are now out of elk meat and there is an elk vendor there. He suggested he just goes on another elk hunting trip - I think my idea is cheaper!:eek: I want to paint the inside of the house so may head to Lowes and bring home samples/swatches too.

Laurie, try and stay cool this weekend! Looks like it won't be as bad as it has been!

Hi Karen, hope you enjoy your ride! And a 3 hour ride tomorrow?? YIKES!

Hi Sue!
Hi lala!!

Take care. stay dry! Susan

Good Morning,

Yesterday I ended up doing KCM muscle definition. Loved the workout. Decided not to go on the bike ride today so DH didn't have to change the pedals from DS bike to mine. Today I ran5 1/2 miles instead.

Susan, glad you survived the downpours. I was thinking of getting the pilates one also. I was just reading the reviews and they said it was one of the hardest ab workouts out. Have fun painting.

Laurie, hope the storms go bye bye. Did you enjoy Bootcamp? Have a good weekend, hopefully it is a little cooler this weekend.

Hi Lala.
Hi Sue.

Hi everyone! Glad you all survived the storms. This is what I had to deal with last night trying to get home:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdVCZJDkqbQ

I don't know any of the people in the video and I don't know what street this is but I passed similar looking streets. Every road I tried to take home last night was flooded. :mad: I finally pulled over at a Subway, ate dinner and waited it out. Took me over 2 hours to get home and that was after heading down to the basement at work because the tornado sirens were going off! Waukesha was fine. We had rain but no serious flooding.

No workout last night like I planned and nothing yet today. At least my eating has been under control. Plan to do something today with cardio and lower body. Chest is still sore from MIS the other day.

Karen - Yes, I like Tonique. I should buy the workouts since the Exercise TV version only works 1 side for 2 exercises so I rewind and do the other side. I'll have to look into KCM's 30 min. workouts.

Susan - I've never had elk meat but I would definitely try it.

Laurie - I know I don't have to tell you this but take it easy on that hammie. I'm not listening to what you're saying about STS. Nah nah nah nah I can't hear you! :p ;)

Lala - Sounds like you're enjoying your summer. Fitnessfreak has good rotations. She has one with all shorter workouts that I've been meaning to try.

Today was 4DS bootcamp circuit UB...good one, but too much chest, not enough back!

Sue, what a video!! We´ve had tons of rain, too, but not like that. I, too am sick of it :(

Karen, yea, I think a 5.5 mile run is a good substitute...for anything!!:D

Susan, you have a good weekend planned. I love farmer markets! But not painting too much!! the choosing of the paint is fun, though!

Laurie, hope the heat isn´t too much for you this weekend! Have a good one!

Hope to do some weeding and relaxing this weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.