Buff Badgers 6/8-6-13

lala1

Cathlete
Good Morning! My first day of summer vacation :D :D But what crummy weather:( Guess I´ll get a good start on the class I´m taking. My 10K was great! My SIL and I ran together. I finished in 1:07:21 not bad for me. Actually, I was pretty happy with the time. Sat did MM and yesterday rest.
I think really that I need my rest week because have been feeling drained.

This week (tomorrow) I go to Cincinnati for AP test reading, so will use that as my (exercise!) rest week.

Laurie, how did DD do at State? LAX has a new stadium, but was it raining there on Sat?

Susan, Do you have a couple of more days of school? Sounds like DS is off to a great start in his bb and soccer!

Sue, how was the wedding? Your workouts look good...and how is the SB diet going?

Karen, You go, a run of 7 miles! You should do a 1/2 marathon, too (along with Susan, not me, that is !)

If I don´t get a chance to get on this week again, hope everyone has a good one!

Morning All,

Today I have done CTX Kickbox only / KM Leg Conditioning Drills. Tonight will get in BM2 Upper Body & Abs.

DD16 and team didn't have a good state meet. The first two runners on the 4x400 dropped the batton on the exchange. On Saturday is was pouring rain. Miserable and cold! You could see alot of the runners where having problems. I was soaked through two jackets / a blanket. It was about 48 deg with rain and wind. I got home and put on sweat pants/shirt. Curled up on the couch with a blanket. I just couldn't get warm. :)

Yesterday was our first faire rehersal. It was raining when we first started, and I thought I would have to spend another day in the rain. Just glad it cleared up in the afternoon. :D

Lala, Congrats on the great 10K run. The stadium at LAX is beautiful, and that area is really very pretty. Just wish I could have seen it in the sun. :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I did STS disk 35 plyo legs and med. ball abs. Added in the Kick Max leg drills to the end of the plyo leg workout.

Lala, congrats on the 10K time. It is a great time. Glad you enjoyed it. Nice you had someone to run with. Is she about the same speed as you? Have fun on your rest week.

Laurie, sorry about the rain and cold weather. It sure would have been more pleasant if the sun would have been out. Glad it cleared up for your first faire practice. So you are liking KCM workouts?

Only 2 more days of school left. I can hardly wait. Now all we need is some summer weather.

Take care and enjoy your day.

Lala - Great job on your 10K! How nice you ran it with your sister. I'll bet you guys motivated each other and kept it fun. Enjoy your well-deserved summer vacation. Did you sleep in? I would have! :D A rest week is probably a good idea. SB had a little break this weekend. I'm back on phase 1 today for a few days until I lose the water weight I'm sure I gained over the weekend. (Didn't feel like facing that cruel scale this morning.)

Laurie - That's too bad about the dropped baton at State. What a dedicated mom you are sticking it out in the rain and cold.

Karen - I don't know how tough Plyo Legs is but Kickmax leg drills alone leave my legs sore. Hope you can walk tomorrow! LOL My kids have 5 days of school left. Well, 5 days of attending the building where school normally takes place.;) Lots of goofing off this week. DS goes to the Zoo on Friday.

DS and I flew to Denver on Friday for the wedding on Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding as I knew it would be. My niece was gorgeous in her ivory strapless gown. The cake was a topsy turvy which was cool (tasty also). They had a signature cocktail called a Lemondrop Martini. Wedding colors were black, yellow and light green. Lots of yellow calla lillies.

We went to the Denver Aquarium on Friday and that's about all the site-seeing we had time for on this trip. DS made me get up at 6:30 Saturday morning to workout! He wanted to use the exercise room and he needed to be supervised because of his age. I did treadmill, elliptical and used the dumbells and weight bench. Got a fairly decent workout in but that's all I did all weekend. This morning I did NYC no warmup, 1 set each premix 35 min. I REALLY wanted to sleep in since I was up early Friday, Saturday and Sunday but I knew I wouldn't have time tonight to workout.

Take care.

HI everyone! What a busy weekend, as well as a wet one! Man, am I tired of the rain! Saturday I overslept (by 2 hours!) and only got Ruby's 50mn walk in followed by some pilates. Sunday, was also crazy but I did do an interval walk/run for 45mn while DS had his soccer practice.

Last night while looking over my workouts I saw I had Mindy Mylrea's Extreme Intervals w/ Pump Party. I reviewed it last night and it looks like 2 great workouts so today I am doing the Extreme Intervals and tomorrow I will be doing the Pump Party. I don't think I have ever done this workout! Don't even remember when I bought it! :eek:

Sue, glad you enjoyed the wedding. I too am back on Phase 1 after a couple graduation parties this past weekend! :) We are done with school as of Thursday! Yipee!!

Laurie, sorry your DD did not have success at State! I know the miserable weather did not help at all! Good for you for sitting through it all! :)

Lala, great job on the 10k! Way to go! It's nice you can do that with your sister. My sister hates to do anything too strenuous. She prefers walking or yoga. I can't get her to run or jump! LOL :D

HI Karen! Yes, life will be a little simpler when school is out! Soiunds like you got a great leg workout today! Hope you're not sore tomorrow. However, if you can ride 50 miles on a bike and not get sore, I doubt you'll be sore now either! ;)

Have a great night!

Morning All,

I wasn't able to get my workout in last night, forgot we had church last night. :eek: Good thing I remembered. :D After church I worked on a jr. bridesmaid dress for my niece. This morning I did the upper body of BM2 and JM's Shred #1. Tonight might get in a TaeBo workout, and then some grocery shopping. ;)

Karen, Yes so far I like KCM's KB and Weight (I have only done the shoulder/arm). I was planning on trying the Bootcamp workout next week. Her queing will take some time to get used to, but I think I can handle it. :D Yes I do wonder how your legs feel today. Your workout sounds pretty good. :D

Sue, Sounds like a very nice wedding, and side trip. I had to LOL about the attending the building. That is exactly what my youngest went through. Now DD16 had to endure final exams, so she didn't fair as well. :rolleyes:

Susan, So how was that Mindy workout? I don't know that I have anything of hers. I will join you on the tired of rain. My girls where in the basement yesterday, because of a funnel cloud in the area. At least this morning I didn't have to carry an umbrella on the morning walk! ;)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi gals,

My shoulder/elbow/whole left arm has been bothering me, throbbing all the time and my elbow locks up so I wanted to do something so I did STS disk 7 chest/bi/shoul using very light weight. I think the heaviest I went was using 2 8 pound weights. Probably can't even consider it a workout. Tonight we are planning on a tandem group ride. Hope it's not long because I don't know how my arm will hold up. I hope I didn't do any lasting damage to it. Wish I could figure out what is wrong.

Laurie, you sure do get a lot of workouts in. Once I am done, I am done, can't make myself do anymore later in the day. Funny what a difference jr. high to high school makes in what you are actually doing the last days of school. Have fun with your Tae Bo.

Susan, I have a couple of Mindy's but don't use them often. Did you like the one you did? Sounds like you still got some good workouts in over the weekend even thought it was extremely busy. How much longer is soccer for you?

Sue,glad you enjoyed the wedding. Do you like NYC? some say it is to easy, when I did it I didn't think it was. Plyo legs wasn't to bad yesterday because I went light on weights because of my arm which made the plyos much easier than the last time I did them. They are much slower and controlled than other Cathe's plyo type moves. Hope you caught up on your rest.

Have a nice day.

Karen - The chest work in NYC is easy because there aren't many reps and the fast pace makes it difficult to go heavy. I go heavy on the other upper body parts though so get a decent workout. Shoulders really burn - especially if you do the entire workout which is 2 sets of everything. The legwork gets my heartrate up so I like that. It's a nice change of pace.

Laurie - I'm glad your girls had the common sense to get down in the basement. Did your tornado siren go off? I heard there were 3 confirmed tornados in the area. One was in Muskego and I'm not sure where the other 2 were.

DH and I went for a 2 mile walk last night after DD was honored for achievement in Drawing and Painting and French. She just missed high honors (3.66); 3.75 and up is High Honors. Am I imagining things or didn't high honors used to be 3.6 and honors 3.2 or am I thinking of Summa Cum Laude and Cum Laude? :confused: Anyway, we're very proud of her.

No workout yet today. Maybe DH and I will go for another walk again tonight after we get back from DS' 6th Grade Dinner.

Hi Ladies! Sounds like we're all doing alright. I did Mindy's Pump PArty this morning before walking Ruby. I was sweating! It was a really good workout and she focuses on balance a lot as well. I liked it! I liked the Extreme Intervals yesterday. She does a lot of athletic based moves. I may look into getting more of hers!

Today I went on DS9's class trip. We went to Heritage HIll in Green Bay. It was very interesting. They have all of these 200 year old buildings set up back in the 1800's where you can go and they have actors portraying the various people. I plan to take the kids back over the Summer cause there were some buildings that were not opening until next week. Lots of walking!

Karen, I hope your shoulder/elbow is okay. Do you think it's like tendonitis? Over use? How the the ride tonight?

Laurie, did ya get in a Tae Bo workout? ;)

Sue, that's nice the your DH walks with you... mine doesn't like to. :( Personally I think I walk too fast for him!:p

Only 2 days left of school!! Yea!!!!!!

I hope to wake up early enough to get 4-5 mile run in. DS has a soccer game tomorrow!

Morning All,

So far today I have done Results 10 Days Lower, and BBC Booty Camp. After work I would like to get in P90X Legs only and Ab Ripper 200.

Karen, Sorry to hear about your arm, it sounds painful. How is it today, did the bike ride make it worse? If I get my workout in right when I get home from work I'm ok with getting it done. If I don't then I get to doing something else, like yesterday. I ended up doing housework. Ok so maybe that was better. :( But still wasn't as fun. :)

Sue, Your DD did a great job, and I think that when I was in school High Honors was 3.5 :) But that was a long long time ago. :) Yes the sirens did go off, because the funnel cloud was traveling along I43, which we only live a mile away from.

Susan, I LOVE athletic based moves!!!! I have given up on anything that is to complicated. I will check out some clips of the Extreme Intervals. The field trip sounds fun. When we where at Ft. Laramie in WY, they had a lady that was doing the portrail also. Just reminds me of what we do on our summer weekends. Nope no TaeBo last night, just dishes! :( Wonder when the girls will decided that they have to do some summer work. Youngest mowed the lawn yesterday, so I couldn't bring her to task. She got the mower stuck in the ditch though! :eek: Today oldest is suppose to do laundry. Lets see what happens when I get home.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Susan - I can just picture you walking at an all-out race-walking pace and your DH struggling to keep up! LOL Fortunately, my DH and I walk at the same pace. We use the time to talk about the kids, plans, life in general and it gets hard when we're going up a hill because neither one of us slows down!

Laurie - I knew the tornado was close to you but didn't realize it was THAT close! Whew. Glad everyone was okay.

Didn't get any workouts in last night - not even a walk. DS' 6th Grade Dinner lasted until 8:45 and then I had dishes to do (like Laurie), lunches to make, etc. Too tired to get up and workout this morning again. I AM going to get something in tonight. I'm thinking of doing a leg workout while DD is in art class and a short cardio or walk after I pick her up. I'm taking tomorrow off to rest up. Told my boss I wanted to call in "tired" this morning. :D

HI there! Well, I was mad at myself this morning for sleeping through the alarm!:mad: I did take Ruby for a nice, brisk walk and did some abs work. Hoping to get some pilates in after soccer tonight.

Laurie, that darn house work never goes away! I can work up a good sweat cleaning up after my family! Hope the lawn mower was okay after getting stuck!

Sue, enjoy the day off! It's supposed to be nice out! Sleep in and have fun!

HI Lala! Hi Karen!

Hi BB's,

Yesterday we did get in the 50 mile bike ride. Today I did STS back and tri disk 9. Went to the Dr. he said it is a torn rotator cuff and wants me to do physical therapy for a few weeks and see if it gets better, if not we will see about surgery. He thinks the elbow may have been caused by not using the shoulder therefore putting more stress on the elbow. The other thing he thought was a nerve buried in the elbow?? surgery for that also but no big thing I guess.

Susan, at least you got a walk in. Sorry no run. Sounds like you enjoyed the field trip. I have 5 or so of Mindy's, just have so many dvds. I must have liked her at one point to have so many.

Sue, have fun on your cardio walk. congrats to DD. That is pretty impresive. Glad you are enjoying your walks with DH. We enjoy our walks and bike rides for the same reason you do.

Laurie, you got a good workout in already. Have you made any more of your delicious recipes lately?

Have a great day.

Morning All,

Today I got up earlier (doggie day) and have done Results 10 Days Upper, and BBC MS Lower Advanced. Last night I changed my mind with my leg workout, and did BBC 5 Day Academy Legs & Butt weights. Oh my butt is still "talking" to me this morning. :D That one really gets your bootie good. :D I also was able to get Ab Ripper 200 done too. After work I will get in KCM's 30MTF Weights Shoulders & Arms. Still not sure on the ab workout, but I'm probably going to stick with BBC MS Abs Advanced.

Sue, So how is your day off going? What leg workout did you decide to do? I'm so into these short workouts lately. I think that is why I am getting more workouts done in a day, and I get variety. :)

Susan, Oh the lawn weapon survived. :) DD16's BF helped to get it out. Nice having a young man around to do that. Even though I probably could have managed it. That dang alarm clock! Didn't it know to beep louder. Or are you like me, and wake up to music? :)

Karen, OUCH! So I'm guessing all those push-ups in STS are real no-no's for you right now? I have not gotten in a good recipe this week, but tonight I was planning on a Curry Shrimp with quinoa! This also includes dried cranberries, so will let you know how it goes.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Karen - Oh, my gosh! Sorry to hear about your rotator cuff. Do you have any idea how you injured yourself? Is biking out for the next few weeks while you rest it? I'm glad you went to the doctor and had it checked out.

Laurie - I like shorter workouts lately, too. They don't seem as daunting as a 90 min. BodyMax (which I hardly ever do). I had a work problem last night so didn't get a workout in. :mad: Today I slept in, watched So You Think You Can Dance and Top Chef Masters on DVR and then did Prevention Fight Cellulite Fast. I did the leg portion before but not the cardio. It's definitely intermediate but I enjoyed it. Simple, athletic moves. Just what I was in the mood for.

This afternoon I have to do some housework and weeding. Not too exciting but I always feel better when it's done.

Hi to Susan and Lala!

Hi gals,

Today I ran with my boys around 4 miles and ended up walking the last mile because my 13 year old couldn't go any further.

The Dr. just said no overhead moves. So until further notice from the PT, I am going to keep doing what I am doing.

Laurie, nice job on your workouts. I have to get BBC Academy out again. Something about those workouts I just dread. Hope your new recipe turns out super. LOL about those pushups in STS, had to do them all on my knees for the first time ever.

Sue, glad you are enjoying your shorter workouts. Hope you got your housework and weeding done. Do you have avegetable garden or flower or both? I think I hurt my shoulder when I was wrestling with my DH and kids trying to free some of the kids. My arm was caught in his and he turned and my shoulder went to, just not the rest of me. That was around 4 months ago. It has been sore since but It finally got so bad I had to get it checked out.

Have a great day.

Morning All,

TGIF!!! :D This morning was TaeBo Advanced Live #5, and I must say I need to label these workouts as having lower body in it. :eek: This workout was ALL lower body! So this week I have really worked my lower body good. ;) I asked my TV Engineer DH is he could get the VHS on DVD, and he said it should be doable. This would be wonderful, because I don't know when the VHS tapes will decide to not work. :(

Sue, That is the same problem I am having with getting in longer workouts. 1) I just don't have the time. 2) I LOVE Cathe, but if I have to make weight changes it takes me longer. :( One of the reasons I like her BM2 Upper Body is that you basically are using two different DB's for the whole workout. That is just how Kelly's 30 Min Weight workout is too. What is Top Chef Masters? Did I miss something good, because I enjoy watching Top Chef.

Karen, I didn't get to make my shrimp recipe last night, because DD16's BF was at our house. So it was only chicken breast (on grill), rice and green beans. Didn't want to do anything to complicated for our first meal with the BF. :D That must have been fun to have your boys running with you. So no more wrestling for you! ;)

Have a great day,

Laurie

Last edited:
Hi,

Probably won't get a workout in today. Went to a rummage early this morning, picked up an elliptical for 15.00 but can't get it to work. I got it from a friend so I'll see if she will take it back, although I could just go faster instead of using resistance. We will see. DH won't like another piece of equipt. in our living room. Got lots of boy clothes for next school year. We are going to a Readapalooza at the library this afternoon and family fun night at a park tonight. Tomorrow is fishing contest for the kids and Sun. is another fun day at a different park for families. Lots of games and prizes. It is Aquafest up her so a lot going on. Runs, bike races etc. for the kids. Hope to get a run or bike ride in sometime this weekend. We shall see.

Laurie, I have one Tae Bo, its is amped and it is all upper. Don't really use it because it's not balanced. Glad your lower body was worked well. Do you like DD16 BF? It was great to have my kids run with me. I think it will be an ongoing thing over the summer. DD13 is doing cross country in the fall as is DD11. DS15 is playing soccer and wants to be able to have endurance. DH wants to get into running also. DD6 already likes to run and we just need to work on DD16. DD18 the one with DS won't be able to do it with us but if we can get her a 3 wheeled bike she could go too.

Take care all and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Laurie - I'll have to remember BM2 Upper Body. I did Slo Mo Upper 30 min. premix this morning as a quickier UB w/o but it's nice to have other options. :)

If you like Top Chef, you'll like Top Chef Masters. On the first episode they brought in 4 famous chefs for a quickfire and an elimination challenge except they eliminated 3 instead of 1. The winner goes onto the next round which I think will be the finale so they'll have a few more episodes like this. For the quickfire they had to prepare a dessert for some girl scouts which was a challenge for them for 2 reasons: 1) Most of them don't make dessert and 2) Most of them don't cook for young kids. For the elimination they had to prepare a 3 course meal in a dorm room using only a hot plate, toaster oven and microwave. Most of them didn't even know how to use a microwave! It was a good episode and I don't think I've given too much away. They'll probably re-broadcast it this weekend or for sure before next week's new episode Wednesday night.

Karen - Hopefully you figure out how to set the resistance on the elliptical. $15 is a screamin' deal if you do. What a fun weekend you have planned but very, very busy. Hope you get a workout in and have a good time at all your events.

Tonight is DS' first baseball game. His team played last Friday but he missed it while we were in Colorado. No big plans this weekend other than running around returning instruments, getting pictures developed and hopefully enjoying some nice weather. I never got around to weeding my flowers yesterday but I did manage to clean areas like under my sink that are often neglected. Not too exciting but I'm glad it's done.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone! :cool:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.