BUFF BADGERS 6/29-7/3

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning All,

This morning I didn't feel like workout, just tired from yesterdays rehersal. But while walking the dog, I decided it might be a great thing to get in a little run. Cami was all for it, and even directed me on our "normal" route through the neighborhood. :) I don't know how far we went or what amount of time we took, but it felt good. Will probably feel like working out when I get home. ;) If so I was planning on doing 1:1 Plyo Legs with Tony.

Sue, The only things that I can recommend in the UP, since my parents used to take us on trips up that way, is Porcupine Mountain and the Copper Mines (I had an uncle who worked in the mines up in that area). Of course the UP is ripe with Black Bears. :eek: Lake of the clouds is just beautiful though, and quite the hike! :) The Lake Superior shoreline is beautiful also, and is full of driftwood and polished rock (the lake does this naturally). And of course the dreaded black flies that bite. I'm not painting a pretty picture am I. :( If you do go that way just wear long pants! :) Did you try out the NMTZ, and how did you like it?

Susan, WTG on getting a run in. When are you heading out on your camping trip?

Have a great day!

Laurie

Last edited:
Oh I almost forgot, I made Italian Turkey Burgers from Oxygen Mag on Friday, and I have to say they where really good. The only one that was so so on the burger was my oldest, but then she only put ketchup on the thing. I got 5 burgers out of mine, because I used the Jennie-o.

Italian Turkey Burgers with Basil & Garlic Mayo

1 lb 91% Lean Ground Turkey (I used 93)
2 egg whites
1/2 cup plain dried bread crumbs
1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
Additional salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp Basil and Garlic Mayo

Mix ground turkey, egg whites, bread crumbs, Italian her seasoning and salt together in a bowl. Shape into four patties, approximately 3/4" thick. Wrap each patty in plastic wrap and let chill for at least one hour.

Before grilling, season each burger with additional salt and pepper. Grill burgers for approximately 6 min on each side, until the insides are no longer pink. Serve on whole-grain buns spread with Basil and Garlic Mayo.

Basil and Garlic Mayo
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves (approx. 25 leaves)

Process all ingredients in food processor until smooth

Nutrients
with mayo
Cal 318, Fat 13g, Carbs 22g, Protein 27g
Plain Burger
Cal 302, Fat 12g, Carbs 16g, Protein 21g

Hi BB's,

Today I did BM2. Had a good time visiting my parents. Didn't get any workouts in since last Tue. when we went on our 50 mile bike ride. I sure missed it.

Laurie, the turkey burger sounds good. I'll copy it and try it. How is your nose doing? Glad Cami was willing to run with you.

Sue, is your van fixed? Enjoy your vacation.

Susan, nice of you to wash your DH car. Are you all ready for camping?

Lala, have a good trip.

Have to get going. Enjoy your day.

Morning All,

I'm thinking this week is going to be a little quiet on the boards. I get off Thurs & Fri this week. Can't wait for the end of the day tomorrow. :) This morning was 1:1 Plyo Legs, and have to say Tony really has a great workout in this one. But he does take a lot of breaks. I thought I would be on my butt, but my endurance was just fine. And some of the moves I was wondering why Tony was hunched over. :) Thank you Jillian, Cindy and Barry. Guess those workouts I have been doing are keeping my endurance up there. And here I thought they where not as intense. :)

Karen, BM2 is a good intense workout to do when you have not worked out for a little while. :) I really like the weight segment in that one. Hope you like the burgers, I sure did. I really liked the basil mayo, and just added a tomato slice and lettuce. Had the last burger for lunch yesterday, and dang it was still tasty. :) I'm going through a lot of my recipies, and will probably have more for you. I try to go for easy, and not to many complicated or expensive ingredients. ;)

Hope everyone else is enjoying their vacations or trips this week.

Laurie

Hi,

If the weather cooperates, I will go on our group ride with our tandem.

Laurie, glad you have kept up your endurance. You thought they were less intense because you are in such good shape. With my shoulder, I can't do the weight I used to do. Feel like a whimp. PT seems to be making it worse, so until I see her this week I am not doing the prescribed exercises. Your recipes are keeping me busy, keep them coming. I am trying the burgers tomorrow. What are you doing on your two days off?

Have a wonderful day.

Good Morning,

Went 50 miles last night on the bike. It was cold! Today I will do Plyo Legs and a short run if it gets a tad warmer.

Three extra kids stayed over last night and are here today. We had a bonfire last night and roasted some marshmallows. Also got a red box movie for them.

Laurie, how are you kids doing on the chores this summer? Do you think I would like Jillian workouts?

Have a great day.

Morning Karen! ;)

This morning was 30MTF Shoulders & Arms, plus BBC MS Advanced Abs.

My legs and butt had DOMS this morning from the 1:1, but guess that was the goal. :) I can imagine that your ride was a bit chilly. It is cold again today, so it must have been quite cold in the north yesterday. Your overnight gathering sounds like fun. As far as Jillian, I really like her workout.

Love Burn Fat Boost Metabolism. No equipment needed, well maybe a mat. She takes you though 6 or 7 cardio circuits. Her kb form isn't great, but I can get past that. There are two intervals that are just awesome, in that she gets that heart pounding. You can take it as high as you want to, or keep it resonable. She has one circuit that is plank work of different sorts, and you really feel it in the core. This is when I'm sweating alot. She does 4 exercises in the circuit, and then repeats them. This is what I like about it, by the time you are ready to quit one exercise she is going on to another one. I think each exercise is 30 sec. give or take. Jillian is no where near the personality of Cathe, but she is not horrible. She even makes fun of herself, because of not being flexible.

No More Trouble Zones - for me is a good one to, but is more of a high rep low weight workout. Again there is hardly any equipment. Weights and a mat. One would think that only using 3lb weights isn't enough, but with the amount of reps she does you can only handle that amount. When she goes to biceps and back work I up the weights. But shoulders I stay at 3. Again she has fantastic core work in this also. There is a cardio factor to this workout too.

30 Day Shred-LOVE all three of these workouts. Circuit Style training 3 min weights, 2 min cardio and 1 min of ab work. You can go advanced on this and really make it effective. The cardio portion is done just like BFBM.

One thing Jillian excells at is her core work, and I concider them a great addition to my workouts. Truth be told I think BFBM would be your best bet to try out. Hope that helps. Felt it was well worth the $ I spent.

Laurie

HELLO THERE!:D This has been a crazy, busy week trying to get ready for camping plus all the other running around I have to do on top of that! Monday I walked for 40mn, did the elliptical for 40mn and some abs. Tuesday I did the Chris Freytag : Drop it in 30 workout. I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I would call is intermediate but I was sweating and my heart was up there. I made it more intense when necessary. Today so far I have walked, mowed lawn, pulled weeds and done house work. Hope to do Pilates Buns & Thighs and then Pilates Upper Body later.

The kids want to leave for camping on Thursday but I do not know if I'll be ready! I have been so busy I haven't had time to think about packing yet! We took back the tent we had bought and got a different one. DH and I are putting it up in just a little bit to test it out. It's big!

I want to get out and run in the morning, but I have been so tired the past couple days!

Have a good night! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.