Buff Badgers 6-18-07 thru 6-22-07

shakeubooty

Cathlete
Hi, Laurie, Karen and anyone else who may stop by. Hope you had a nice weekend. I did. Went to a graduation party on Saturday, cleaned DH's car for him for Father's Day and took him to dinner (we both benefited from that one!). Did Legs & Glutes this morning. DS has a baseball game tonight but I have to take DD to an appt. so will miss most if not all of it. We'll swing by on the way home to see if they're still playing.

Sue

2007 Goal:
365 consecutive days of walking >= 1 mile
168 days so far
197 days left

Morning BB's,

Busy this morning, and we had a great weekend. Today will be Shoulders & Arms / B&G Stability Ball Abs / 3 Mile Run

Sue, You just reminded me that we where invited to a graduation party this weekend, and we didn't go. x( Too much to remember. I will have to get their cards to them.

Karen, Hope your weekend was a good one.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello BB's,

Today I did Endurance for strength. I have really bad sunburn that got infected so went to the Dr. this morning and got some salve, don't think I'll take the antibiotic part unless it gets worse.

The boys did great at their races. DS12 got 3rd, DS11 took 1st, and DS9 took 2nd. DH did not have a great race. He got dehydrated so he didn't finish really well.

Sue, where did you go out to eat? Nice of you to clean DH car for FD.

Laurie, how do you fit in all your workouts. Are you running in or outside these days?

Have a great day.

Karen - I read in Prevention magazine this weekend that you should take Ibuprofen for a sunburn. I never knew that so haven't tried it but I know how painful a bad sunburn can be. Never had one get infected either. Ouch. :-( Good job to your boys on their races! Hope your DH is feeling better. We went to Mr. B's and it was very good (and expensive). I can't remember the last time we went to a real restaurant though so it was a real treat. DH wanted steak so he got steak. :7 How did you like Endurance for Strength?

Sue

Sue, I really didn't care for EFS. I didn't feel like I even worked out but by burn hurt so bad I didn't bother doing anything else. I like Jen. The dr. did suggest Ibuprofen to get rid of the swelling. I never heard of Mr. B's but I am glad you got to go to a real restaurant for a change. What did you have? Not steak, I am guessing.

Morning BB's,

Today is Yoga and I think I will be doing Bryan Kest Power Yoga Sweat. That one is my favorite of his. :)

My Dad's birthday is today. Have to remember to give him a call. He gets the combo Father's Day/B'Day call. :D I'm only working 4 days this week. We have the races at the Milwaukee Mile to go to on Friday and Saturday. Hope it doesn't rain.

Karen, I have been running outside on the days that haven't been so humid. On those days it was in the 90's I just ran on my TM. On the weekends I have been getting them in early in the morning. :) Wow that sun burn sounds painful. Take care of yourself.

Sue, My DH only got a card from his girls. Of course with faire rehearsal this is what he gets. :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Today I did Kelly Coffey's step boxing.

Laurie, what kind of races are at the Milwaukee Mile? You sure are upping the miles. That's great. I wish I could get into yoga. I know it would be so good for me. I just like the relaxing stuff where you don't have to work hard.

Sue, hope DS team won last night. He seems to be doing well even though his team is not the greatest.

Have a super great day.

Laurie - My sister and brother-in-law are big race fans (well, my BIL is anyway) so they'll be at the Mile, too. Hope the weather is clear and not too hot or humid. (DS has another tournament this weekend so I'd also like nice weather. :) ) Do you find it hard to adjust from treadmill running to running outside? I used to run indoors at the Y on a treadmill or track and nearly died the 1st time I tried running a 5K outside.

Karen - I STILL have yet to try Kelly's Step Kickboxing! Thanks for the reminder. I just haven't had the time AND the energy both on the same day lately. One of these days maybe.

I had to take DD to an appt. last night so missed DS' baseball game. Sad to say DS' team lost again. . . Kind of surprised they even played since it was raining buckets at times. It was a makeup game so I'm sure they didn't want to reschedule again. Had to wait until 9:45 to do my walk. Thought about blowing it off because I was really tired and just wanted to go to bed but did it anyway. On top of it, my throat was sore when I went to bed and was awakened at 4 a.m. by some animal outside making loud wheezing sounds. Had to get up and make sure cats and kids were okay before I identified the sound as coming from outside the house, not inside.

Did GS Chest, Tris Superset Timesaver + BM2 abs. Arms were "shaking like a chihuahua" trying to hold a side plank after all that chest work. }(

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today I am doing BM2 one of my favs. Last night I got a 17 mile loop tandem ride in with DH. It's so much fun.

Sue, great job on your walking. I'll have to try the timesaver CT workout. I like the chihuahua shaking. I still laugh when she says that in PS Legs. I think that's the one. How much longer is DS baseball lasting? Is he still having fun or is he ready for it to be over? Kelly's kickbox is only 27 min long if you don't do the aerotone at the end so it's really not so bad.

Laurie, did you get any bead work done lately. How much longer do you have to finish it? I looked at the weather, it's suppose to be nice this weekend. My DH wants me to do a 5K race in Eau Claire on the 1st of July. I haven't run in a couple months so I probably won't do it, but it is tempting.

Enjoy your day.

Morning BB's,

Today will be Legs & Back / ARX / 4.5 Mile Run

My Dad B'day was yesterday, and I gave the parents a call. My Mom has to go in for knee replacement surgery. She has been having problems with the one leg for almost a year. I'm guessing the pain has finally gotten to the point that she just couldn't take it anymore.

We won our vollyball game last night. These kids have to stop drinking during the game. We won all three without really trying very hard. :)

Also went to see Pirates last night with DH. We had our fill of movie popcorn. :9 I really love all the pirate movies. Maybe because I like Johnny Depp, and the first movie I liked him in was Edward Scissorhand's. :)

Karen, Glad you had a nice ride with the DH on the tandem bike. I don't have Kelly's kickboxing workout. So overall was it a good one, in that I need to get the thing. :) I have been thinking of doing more KB after the X. Maybe doing 30 min. ones after some weight lifting.

Sue, Both DH and I are race fans. We happen to find this out when we where dating. He came to my place and I had the race on. From that point on we would watch races every weekend, and now our oldest has been getting into it too. :) The boys in school are surprised that she know so much. :D I feel so sad for you DS and his baseball. Hopefully this won't discourage him from participating next year. Do they get different teammates every year? TM vs running outside, I find the outside much harder. Because of the wind and the heat, but I think the change is good for me. Plus it gets me outside.

Have a great day,

Laurie

Laurie, congrats on your win. I suppose it would help the other team if they wouldn't drink while trying to play a game. I saw the first Pirates movie and I liked it too. Glad you had a nice night out. I really like Kelly's workout. It's short but sweet. I have doms which I don't get that often from this workout. I did use weighted gloves though. I think you'd like it. Great job on your workouts. I can't belive you are fitting so much into a day.

Just got back from driving 2 hours round trip to take DD14 to the orthodontist. Now I have to get standing legs before I can do my workout.

Laurie - Happy Belated Birthday to your dad! Hope your mom's knee surgery goes well. It seems like just about everyone has knee surgery these days. Better to be on crutches or in a cast now than during the winter. Congrats on your volleyball win! No drinking though? That's no fun.:+ You are a marvel how you fit your workouts in every day. Dedication - that's for sure.

Karen - Good news about the step kickbox w/o only being a half hour. Do you have your standing legs yet?;-) DS' baseball goes thru the end of July. Then he has tryouts for next year on Aug. 4 already.

DS' team lost again last night but it was much closer (12-6). We had a little impromptu practice after the game and most of the boys stayed so I don't think they're too discouraged yet. We rented a pitching machine for Friday night so the boys can get some practice in before the tournament this weekend.

This cold I picked up somewhere really wiped me out. I was so tired last night and my glands felt swollen so I decided to sleep in and take a rest day. Feel a little better today but cold still lingering. Nothing planned tonight so hopefully I'll get to bed early.

Sue

Morning BB's,

I have the day off tomorrow so my day today is like Firday. :D

Tonights workout will be Yoga Zone Power Yoga for Strength and Endurance. Then we are going to church. After that I need to get some more beading done on the faire attire. DH's sleeves, DD10's sleeves, overskirt, and finish the forepart. Not too bad, DD's stuff isn't too complicated. I just can't figure out how to finish DH's sleeves. The flower pattern on it doesn't give me any inspiration as to what beading it needs. x( And I have been looking at these sleeves for almost 2 years. This year I need to get them done. :)

Sue, Sorry to hear you have a cold. Did you get to bed early? And of course get the required vitamin C. :) OJ taste so good when you have a cold. Or is that just me. :D

Karen, My list of workouts is growing again. I will have to put Kelly's on my list. I'm looking at Amy Bento's APX and one of her new ones. The Slo-Mo sounds like it might be a good one to get. I'm still undecided on her KB one. Sounds like it is a space hog, and I don't have that much room. Suppose I could modify. Can't imaging what I will do with all these weight workouts. :)

Have a great day,

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today I am doing CC#6.

The boys have a timetrial tonight, hope noone gets lost this week. The boys pictures are in the local paper this week for their wins last Sun. in Phillips. It's a great picture. A bragging moment.

Sue, hope you are feeling better. It seems early to sign up for next year already. I know they do that for soccer too, but it's played both in the spring and fall.

Laurie, enjoy your last day of work for the week. Are you planning anything special for tomorrow? It sounds like your beading is going well minus the sleeves on DH garment. It is amazing how I think I have all the workouts I want and then my list is huge again. I don't know if I'll preorder any this time except Cathe because I don't use anybody very much except Cathe. The Dome hi lo is tempting and I don't like paying full price for them either. I have a month or so to decide. I will for sure get Kelly's next step kickbox one.

Enjoy the wonderful day.

Happy First Day of Summer everyone!

Laurie - Happy "Friday" to you! I'm sure you'll be inspired in your beading when you finally sit down to do the work. Isn't getting started always the toughest part? Do you make new costumes every year or just when you feel inspired?

Karen - That's so exciting getting your picture in the paper! (your kids I mean) . Especially when you're being recognized for some achievement. Future Lance Armstrongs maybe? What is the Dome hi/lo?

Still have this stupid cold.:-( Set my alarm and had every intention of working out this morning - even got up and went to the bathroom - but decided it wasn't a good idea and went back to bed for another hour and was STILL tired. I wonder if they have OJ in the vending machine here.

At the moment I'm not even thinking of other workouts. There are so many and I don't have the time to read about all of them so I'm overwhelmed. I just wish we'd hear about a Cathe presale soon. June is 3/4 over and Cathe was planning on filming in June. Maybe this will all make sense in August when they make the big announcement but I don't know why it takes so long between filming - especially since they have their own studio and can film whenever they want. It's been almost a year (they filmed last July) and other instructors film at least twice a year. Guess I'm just tired of waiting to use my gift card which DH bought me for Christmas 2005. Yep, I've been hanging onto that thing for 18 months now. End of rant. Guess I'm crabby today because of this cold and not being able to workout. Lack of endorphins maybe. Does anyone have any spare endorphins? I need some in a hurry! LOL

Sue

Sue, sorry you are not feeling better. I hope you find some orange juice soon. I decided to add PLB to my CC today so I do have some extra endorphins I can share. Sending them your way. That's a long time to hang on to a gift card but it does take a long time for a new workout to come from them. Hi/Lo Dome workout is sequel to HLX athletic combos w/ cardio intervals between for 50 min. and then a 30 min resistance d rill section using the bosu. Lots of premixes with the two intermixed too. Any how, have a great day and I hope you feel up to par soon so you can get some endorphis of your own. I don't normally have any to spare.

Morning BB's,

Today I did Cardio & Weights and a segment of Stretchmax. Tonight I am going on a 17 mile tandem ride. Tomorrow I will do CC#5. Sunday is a 2 hour endurance tandem ride.

Hope you guys have a great weekend and everyone is feeling good. DD is going to Mall of America for a friends birthday for the weekend. She will be staying with their relatives for the nights. Can't decide how much money I should give her. She will probably need a couple of lunches if they are out and about at that time. I think things are pretty expensive there. If you guys have an idea of an amount that she could get a couple of things with. She has been doing extra dishes and picking things up without being asked and has had a better attitude but I am guessing it will only last until the money is in her hands.

So much for my rambling.

Enjoy your day.

Happy Friday! Finally. It's been a long week. I get to leave work at 3 today but have lots of running around to do.

Karen - So you must have a Bosu, right? Do you use it very much? I've considered buying a Bosu but afraid I wouldn't use it very much and it'd just sit around mainly collecting dust. The kids would like jumping on it though. If your DD just needs money for a couple of lunches, $20-$25 should cover it unless they decide to eat at some place like Rain Forest Cafe in which case she'd need more. ($35-$40?) How about extra money for drinks and snacks? Or if she sees something she wants to buy and doesn't have enough cash of her own? My kids sometimes borrow money from me and pay be back when we get home. I'd rather have my kids bring home change than run out. My kids are very honest about giving back money they didn't spend although my son will tend to spend whatever you give him if there are video games involved:) Hope that helps.

Laurie - Hope you have a great weekend in case you checkin on your day off and see this. And if you are signed in, get back to that beading, will ya! (mock scolding)

Forced myself out of bed this morning (even though I could have used an extra hour of sleep) and did GS BSB Timesaver + ARX. Man, I forgot how tough ARX is! Tomorrow I hope to do cardio and Sunday will be either a circuit or legs depending on which way the wind is blowing.

Sue

Sue, I don't use the Bosu very much. There are a couple of good workouts out there but I just have so many other dvd's. I definitely don't need anymore. Glad you get to get off a little early. Have fun with whatever workout you choose. ARX is a tough workout but it donesn't have a fun factor like Cathe's and that seems to be more of a motivating factor for me. I does the same thing, only I enjoy it. I guess that's why I couldn't stick with P90X. It just wasn't fun for me.
Have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.