BUFF BADGERS 6/15-6/19

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning All,

Todays workout was BBC Fat Blaster Upper Body, and KCM's 30MTF Bootcamp. I again just have to get used to Kelly's queing, but it was a great workout. Thanks Karen for the recommendation.

Sue, I got to watch the first episode of the Top Chef Masters, and will be catching the rest.

Karen, Sorry to hear about the elliptical, to bad the resistance didn't work. The Amped workouts of TaeBo are very heavy on the upper body, because he is using the weighted bar. I don't have those, but I want them. :) DD16's BF is a very nice boy, and DD is learning a lot about relationships. DD can be sarcastic, and has had to learn that you can't be that way when it comes to a relationship.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi,

Today I did STS plyo and ab circuits. Yesterday I went for a 25 mile tandem ride and Sat. went for a 5 mile run with my boys.

Laurie, Glad you like KCM Bootcamp. I like it too. Good you like DD boyfriend. I guess she is learning some good lessons on relationships. If you got this particular Tae Bo, would you use it in place of an upper body workout for that week?

Enjoy your day. It is 80 degrees her with a nice breeze off the lake. Someone gave us a paddle boat yesterday so the kids are out enjoying it on the lake.

Take care.

Good afternoon everyone.

Laurie - Glad you were able to catch Top Chef Masters. I like the guy who won (Hubert). Very likeable personality.

Karen - I love paddleboats! Great activity for the kids over the summer.

On Friday night I did Step 'n Intervals cardio. On Saturday I did Prevention Fight Cellulite Fast cardio & lower body toning. Yesterday I spent an hour outside weeding the beds and was "done" - literally and figuratively. :D I was sweating like crazy! This morning I did BM2 upper (thanks for the idea, Laurie) and abs. Tonight DD has her first softball game. Hoping to get 1 or 2 miles in with Leslie (Sansone) afterwards. Or I'll walk outside if the weather is still nice.

DS won his game Friday night. DH is coach so he's proud, too. Park & Rec is nowhere near the skill level of Selects but the boys have fun. I like having my weekends free. :cool:

HI ladies! Sorry I wasn't posting, we were camping! Friday I ran 5 miles and Saturday I ran 4 miles out where we were camping. It was hilly! :confused:Sunday I walked and yesterday was spent re-packing, un-packing and doing chores! :( Today I only ran 3.5 miles, legs were very tired/sore. I also walked Ruby for 40mn. Will be doing some pilates later.

Laurie, glad you like the BF. That helps! My DD is very sarcastic as well and I only hope she learns when it's appropriate and when it's not!

Karen, hope your shoulder heals quickly!

Sue, weeding can be hard work! Glad DH is having fun coaching!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning All,

My workout was an all Barry morning. :D BBC Fat Blaster Lower Body, Booty Camp and Belly Blaster. I used his booty band through both the lower workouts, and I can sure feel it. :D

Karen, From what I know of the Amped workouts they really work your shoulders. So I wouldn't add any additional work for that poor muscle, but I would think that you could put lower body work for one day and then the next day do upper body. More emphasis on your arms/chest/back. How fun for the kids to use the paddle boat.

Sue, I liked Hubert also. At first I though Oh no here we go again, another French Chef. But he was nothing like the one on last seasons Top Chef. ;) Glad I could help you out on that workout. :) DH and DS are going to have a great summer with BB I'm betting. And of course you will to with your weekends free. :D

Susan, Those dang hills! :) I worked my lower body so hard last week that my legs/butt where sore too. But hey does that mean I might get a great looking lower body out of it. I'm hoping! :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Today I did STS disk 10 chest, bi and shoulders. Off to the library for lego building for DD6 and to get signed up for the reading program for the rest of them. Tonight we have the 1/2 mile fun run for the two youngest and DS13 has soccer practice. DD16 will have to drive to soccer as we will be at the race.

Susan, you got lots of running in over the weekend. You sure had a great weekend for camping. Enjoy stretching with your pilates, it sounds like you could use it.

Laurie, thanks for the advice on the Tae Bo. Just don't see myself using it very often. One of those not so good purchases for me.

Hi Sue and lala.

Enjoy

Susan - You are turning into quite the runner! Just curious, when you camp and go running, how do you know how far you've gone? Do you use a website to calculate your distance or do you have some fancy gadget that tells you?

Laurie - LOL on your "All Barry" morning. :D I've got to get back into my BBC workouts. They kick my butt. I think I know which French chef from last season you are referring to. ;)

Karen - Is this your 2nd rotation of STS? Busy sports night for you. It's good DD16 can drive herself now.

DD's softball game went until 8 last night so I did a quick 1 mile walk around the block and that was it. (I need my vegging out time in front of the tv before I go to bed or I would have gone farther.) It was a good game. DD's team had a chance to come back at the end and tie it up or win but the other team was just too dang good in the outfield. DD had a couple of nice hits. No workout yet today but I should have time tonight to do something. Planning on doing legs. Anyone want to recommend a good leg workout? And please don't suggest any 90 min. premixes! (if there are even any for legs). :eek:

Sue, Here are some of the leg workouts that I was considering adding to my rotation.

4DS Legs
MM Premix Lower Body
GS Legs Timesaver #1
Body Blast Timesaver #5 (this one is a little longer has abs too)
Leaner Legs is short to if you don't do the abs

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I am going for a run before the rain hits.

Sue, glad DD is having fun and playing well. Enjoy your weekends. I am doing Cathe's June rotation and it has some STS in it. How did you fare with your leg workout? 4Dsplit is a great short leg workout too.

DS took 3rd in 13 and under last night at the 2 mile race. DD6 ran the 1/2 mile and did well.

Hi Laurie, lala and Susan.

Take care.

Morning All,

Today was IntervalX Plus, great workout. Out of all the XPlus workouts I like this one and the Kenpo the best.

Karen, Congrats to your DS! :) LOL about the TaeBo workout. Sometimes workouts click with us, and sometimes they don't. That is the way Amy Bento is for me. ;) I do need to get rid of the two that I bought of hers. :(

Sue, Glad I could help you out on the leg workout. I pulled out the BBC 5day leg workout last week. The cardio on these are killers, and I don't know if I'm up to one yet. :eek: If I remember right the one with Joey wasn't to bad. :eek: Doesn't hurt that he is cute! :rolleyes: LOL! Your DD's game must have been fun, even though they didn't pull it out.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi ladies!

It was raining this morning so I have done Pump Party from Mindy and will be going to do the elliptical in just a bit.

I got a lot of house work done yesterday. Hope to get a couple more things done today. DS has batting practice this afternoon and a soccer game tonight. We bought him a new bat yesterday so he's anxious to try it out!

Karen, when we were on our way to the campground I had DH tell me when we were 2.5 miles away. I then run out to about that point and turn around and come back!

Have a nice day and I'll check back later!

Karen - Did you get your run in before the rain? Thanks for the suggestion of 4DS Legs -forgot about that one.

Laurie - So I took your recommendation and did GS Legs Timesaver #1 33 min. last night and boy are my calves tight today! Felt like I was cheating not doing the slo mo lunges but I think those calve raises made up for it. You know, I think I have Interval X and never tried it! I've never tried 4DS Bootcamp cardio either (gasp!) Went through a phase when bootcamp didn't sound appealing to me so I never tried this one. Sounds like I better pull both of these out.

Susan - How do you like Pump Party? I was the one who asked about how far you know you're running. That was a good idea having your DH use the odometer/trip meter.

So after GS Legs I did I did SJP Step only premix 26 min. The legs were a little tired in the beginning because of GS Legs but okay after I got going. Tonight I'm hoping to do a cardio of some sort. Maybe one of those 2 I haven't tried yet.

Good morning! Raining again this morning!:( Did not get a chance to get on the elliptical yesterday so I am doing that this morning plus some extra ab work. I was supposed to mow lawn today but it will be raining off/on so that will have to wait til tomorrow!

Hope you all have a great day!

Susan

Morning All,

Today I worked out with Billy and did TaeBo Advanced Live #6. A little over half-way through the workout the VHS tape froze up! :eek: I took it out, and put it back in. Seemed to play ok, but I think DH will need to make these into DVD's for me soon. This was all standing work, and I was sweating a small bucket! :rolleyes:

Susan, Wow you are getting a lot of rain, we didn't get anything this morning. Just cloudy. Bet that lawn really needs to be mowed too. ;)

Sue, Those slo-mo lunges in GS Legs make me want to cry! Your legs really feel it, and I have to force myself not to give the legs a break. Oh you should try Interval X. He starts each exercise 20 min slow, 20 min. med, and 20 min high. You go through all the exercises, and then repeat them starting with the last exercise you did. The workout is only 40 min total. :)

Last night we went to our friends that live in Racine, and we had Indian food. Very good. :) We also went on a walk (they live about 4 blocks from the lake), and we got to see some really cool homes. We didn't get home until after midnight, but we where having such a great time talking. They are heading to Canada in July to get married. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning,

I made 7.5 miles yesterday in 57 min. Suppose to do a leg workout and cardio, don't know if I'll get anything in. I have to take the kids to the dentist for cleanings today. I also have a hair appt., have to get some groceries and get the kids to soccer practice and a sleepover for the two youngest. We have had the kids friends over everyday and night since Sun. Just want some time with no extra kids. Not that I don't enjoy having them over, just need a break. Last night at the Aquafest bike race DS11 took 1st and DD6 took 2nd. They got trophies. Emily walked in the house and asked me if we had a trophy case. To cute.

Susan, you have been getting a lot of rain. How does DS like his bat. Hope you got on your elliptical today. Wish mine worked.

Sue, got my run in as you can see from above. It didn't end up raining at all yesterday. You got a great leg workout yesterday. I love SJP haven't done that one in a while.

Laurie, can you order Interval X by itself? Can't remember the BBC leg workout without the cardio. How is it intensity wise? How are you going to get rid of your Amy dvds?

How is everyone's weight loss coming?

Have a great day.

I didn't do cardio last night. Forgot that 2 of my favorite tv shows were on (So You Think You Can Dance and Top Chef Masters) so I watched those instead. Shame on me! I DID get up early this morning though and did Jillian's Shred for beginners. Tonight I plan to do the intermediate and advanced. My calves are SO SORE today! I guess it's been awhile since I've worked them out. At first I thought I couldn't do cardio but I was okay once I was warmed up.

Susan - Like Laurie said, we didn't get rain but I sure miss the sun. Hope the weekend is nice. Any more camping trips planned?

Laurie - Interval X does sound good and the 40 min. length is perfect. Sounds like a fun night you had with your friends and worth staying up late.

Karen - You rock! :cool: I mean it. 7.5 miles in 57 min. is great! I wish your elliptical worked, too. :( Are you going to try to fix it or get rid of it? My weight loss has stalled. I went off SB in Denver, lost what I gained and now I'm holding steady. I haven't been properly motivated in my eating or my workouts lately and need to get focused again and then the weight should start dropping.

Good Morning,

Yesterday I got in 4DS kickbox legs only and a 2 mile run. Today I am doing back/tri from STS, wanted to get a run in also but it may have to be between thunder storms.

Sue, glad you have some shows you enjoy watching. It gives you something to look forward to. I used to do that with Biggest Loser. Good to hear you are holding steady, it's better than gaining. I am sure you will lose all the weight you want.

Have a great day.

HI there!:) My day has not started out well!:( Had a stomache ache last night, did not sleep well due to that and then woke up with still a stomache ache. Unfortunately also having diarrehea! Not good. I did walk Ruby for 45mn so far. I want to do Circuit Max but will see how things go. May just be some gentle pilates! Hope to get a nice run in tomorrow morning.

We are going down to Illinois for my nieces HS grad party Saturday. She graduated in May but they wanted to wait until school was out to celebrate so everyone could make it. It'll be fun to see them. She is going to go to school to be an RN.

Getting tired of my hair so going to go get it chopped off today! DH doesn't know though!:p Kids both like the picture I showed them so they are on my side! This naturally curly hair does not like heat/humidity and is just a pain when it's long. I'll try and post a pic later!

Bought DH an early Father's Day gift yesterday. He wanted a new cordless weed trimmer/edger. Well he went to put it together and where the screws are supposed to go, the holes don't line up so it won't go together! I have to take it back to Lowe's today and see if they'll assemble one for us! :confused: Boy, he was grumpy!:mad:

DS won their baseball game last night 20-5! They played great and had a lot of fun. DS's new bat worked well for him!

Karen, you have been getting a lot of running in! How is the sore shoulder?

Sue & Laurie, hope you survived the storms last night! We didn't get much last night but it's on its way today!

Hi Lala! Hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning All,

Dang I am tired this morning, the storm kept me up. We didn't have power until just before I woke up. When the power went out around 1am DH set his alarm on his cell phone. I did manage to get my butt out of bed and did KCM's 30MTF Kickbox #1, and Ab Ripper 200. I will get Kelly's cueing down eventually, I had most of it except the hitch kick. :eek: I think next time I'm going to wear weighted gloves. I'm leaving early today, so will get in some lower body work, thinking of the GS Legs Timesaver #1. :) Tomorrow morning will be NMTZ and Sunday is my off day.

We are going to be going to the NASCAR truck race tonight, and tomorrow night is the Nationwide Car Series. Should be a fun time. :) Hope we don't get rained on tonight. :(

Karen, I don't know if you can buy IntervalX by itself. Maybe on E-bay. The BBC Leg workout does exhaust the legs pretty good, there are some floor exercises like donkey kicks / fire hydrant / side kick. She does these all on one side each of them for a minute. I think that is when your butt really gets the workout. Otherwise the rest of it is familiar work (squats, plies, lunges...) all with dumbbells. To tell the truth I don't know how I'm going to get rid of those Amy DVD's. Maybe someone wants them? I will never use them again. ;) You had one busy day yesterday, WTG on getting the workout in though. :) Congrats to you kids on the race, sounds like your DD is right on the trophy case. :) Great run you had, I really need to start back up again. Just no motivation in me right now. :(

Sue, Oh I forgot again about the Top Chef Masters, but Bravo is good enough to run those shows again. :) How did your Jillian workouts go? I really like her, and I'm hoping that she comes out with more. :) I never thought I would buy her workouts, since I really didn't like her on BL. :rolleyes: Holding steady is a good thing. You will get that motivation soon, for me it comes and goes. :rolleyes:

Susan, So sorry you are not feeling well, but it sounds like you have a plan of action. Oh yes would love to see the new cut. My youngest DD has the curly hair, and lots of it. On humid days she looks like she has an fro! :eek: She lucked out and got DH's curls, of course she doesn't think she is so lucky! :) Oh my on the weed wacker! Congrats to your DS, and of course his new bat! :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.