BUFF BADGERS 6/11-6/13

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be YogaX for me. I didn't get my workout in on Friday, but did manage to get it in on Saturday. :)

Was very nice not having to get a child up for school this morning. Enjoyed my breakfast and coffe in peace and quiet. :)

Had a great rehearsal this weekend, but I need to get going on my DD's dress. The beading project will start in full tonight.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Enjoying your breakfast and coffee in peace and quiet IS wonderful! :7 That's 1 of the nice things about working out early - I get that almost every morning. It was a little more blissful today, not having to worry about homework, practice minutes, Friday Folders, etc. I'll bet your girls are enjoying it, too. Our kids are at the YMCA this week so still had to get up. I wish Tony made a shorter, beginner yoga workout. That'd be perfect for DH. I think Tony describes the positions very well but DH isn't flexible enough for Yoga X. Too long also.

Karen - Hello! Did you get your tandem ride in yesterday?

Did Muscle Endurance on Saturday. DD12 joined me when she heard my workout had "endurance" in the title. Based on the results of her fitness testing at school, that's an area she needs to work on. Cardio endurance though, not strength. I let her join me anyway because I thought the leg work might help develop her little twigs for legs. She used no weight or 5/8 lb. dumbbells - I wouldn't let her go heavier since it was her first time. She made it through 2 sets of leg presses and the back and bicep work. I had to correct her form on squats and 1 arm rows but otherwise did okay. Sunday was lots of cleaning to get the house ready for DD's friends to come over. Was unmotivated to workout after dinner. This morning was a 3 mile jog/walk.

Loving the nice weather. It was beautiful for a company picnic on Saturday and DD and her "boy" friends were playing with swords and shields (wooden - :)) outside. 3 baseball games this week for DS10 starting tonight. One of our best players broke his forearm in 2 places so he's out for the season.:-( Not a game injury - fell off a swingset.

Sue

Hi BB's,

Had company all weekend, unexpected. Lots of cooking, cleaning babysitting and conversing. They left this afternoon. Hopefully I can get a workout in before gymnastics. We did do a bike ride yesterday. We went 57 miles in just under 3 hours. I tell you my legs thought they were going to expolde. Anyway, today I am getting ready to do SS/PP 3 set premix. Kids had dentist appt. this morning also. For the next 3 weeks it's summer school. I guess I'll have to get up early a little longer.

Laurie, glad the show went well this weekend. Enjoy your beading. That is really an amazing talent.

Sue, ME sounds like fun with your DD. Glad you enjoyed your picnic. It was great weather for it.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning BB's,

Today I will try again to get in YogaX. I have a volleyball game also. At least tonight the weather will be much better. :) I had an allergy attack yesterday afternoon. Couldn't breath and my energy level just dropped. My boss let me go home early. I feel much better this morning, but still a bit groggy. :)

Karen, Sounds like your weekend was busy. Did you enjoy having the unexpected company over? I had a house full also, and I tend to enjoy it. :)

Sue, ME with your DD (see I can rhyme :) ). Did she enjoy herself? Usually my youngest will try and then get bored with it. :) Maybe Tony will come out with a new Yoga workout in his P90X Master series. I hate when they tempt you with these things, but you don't know when they will be releasing them. x(

Have a great day ladies,

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today I am doing B&G and a 17 mile bike ride with DH tonight.

Laurie, I didn't know you have allergies so bad. Glad you are feeling better. It is weird how they hit any time. I am more of a planning person so unexpected company istn't my strong point. I don't mind, its just not my preference. Have fun at your volleyball game. I hope you beat those young whipersnappers.

Hi to Sue and Susan.

Hi, guys! I'm off with the kids today. Cats had their annual vet exam and DD12 has an ortho visit. I also fixed both of DH's watches as an early Father's Day present. The vet visit was rough. Fred, our male cat, does NOT like car rides one bit. He was panting and hissing which he NEVER does.

Karen - I'm more of a planning person, too, so I wouldn't like unexpected company either. Quick visits are okay though. A bike ride after B&G today?:eek: You'll have Buns of Steel for sure. (You probably already do.;-)

Laurie - DH has allergies but I've never had any. Sounds awful though. Hope you get your yoga in today. Yeah, I hope Tony comes up with a new, short yoga workout. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I did Musclemax Upper Push-Pull premix this morning. Will do cardio and abs later between the ortho appt., batting cages, laundry and other stuff.

The weather feels like summer vacation today. Hope everyone gets to enjoy it.

Sue

Good Morning,

I am doing PUB and BM2 cardio.

Sue, I love MM. It's one of my fav videos. What cardio did you end up doing yesterday? Hope Fred made it back in one piece. Our cat does not like going out either. One time she shredded all the newspaper in her cage and pulled out some of her fur. Silly cat. Hope you enjoyed your day off. At least it was busy.

Laurie, glad you DD's were outside when you got home. It makes you feel better they weren't just sitting around. It's nice the girls have each other. When your oldest DD was younger who watched your children when you went to work? How did you volleyball game go? It was great weather for it.

I have to get going if I want to get my exercise in before I have to pick the children up from summer school.

Enjoy the day.

Morning BB's,

Today will be Legs & Back / ARX / 4 Mile Run

Another sunny day, and I'm here at work. :) Last night we didn't do to well in our volleyball games. Lost..... It seemed we couldn't get anything inbounds, and they just kept hitting it over the net, and we where not there. Made for a not so fun game to play. Add the fact that their children where all over the sides of the court, and very distracting. You couldn't even talk to them because they didn't understand English. One little boy wouldn't get out of the area where I needed to serve. Kept putting his little truck in the durt. His father had to come over and talk to him. Very frustrating.

Karen, The girls where out again yesterday, but today I told them to lay off the swim suits. Youngest DD had a bit of sun burn yesterday. I told her she needed to keep a shirt on today. :) When the girls where younger we had a girl in the neighborhood watch them, or they went to day care. The DD's didn't like the day care at all.

Sue, Hope you had a great day off yesterday. I will probably have to take a day off here soon, just to get some of my beading finished. It seems like I have so much to do, but it probably isn't all that much once I get more into it. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Sorry for your volleyball loss. At least the father came over and talked to the little boy. Sometimes parents can be oblivious. I highly recommend taking a day off :7 but if it's a gorgeous, sunny day like yesterday, you may not feel like beading. ;-) For the sake of your project (and my flowers) I hope we get a rainy day soon so you can work on your beading when it's not so nice out.

Karen - I didn't like the cardio I ended up doing yesterday. Took DD12 to the library yesterday and checked out a couple of exercise dvds. Waste of time. Started out doing Tamilee Webb's Defy Gravity and couldn't follow her cueing and it not very intense at all so did Leslie Sansone's Walk & Jog instead. I have her 2 Mile Walk and like to do this on a light, light day but I didn't care for W&J at all.

Had a wonderful day off yesterday! :) It was busy, but not too busy. Just right.

This morning was LowMax on 6" step. Normally I do this one on 8" but I enjoy step so much more at 6". At 8", I feel like I'm ready to trip at any minute. Also did All Step abs. Feels like this is the first decent workout I've had in a long time.

DD10 has another baseball game tonight. The "slaughter rule" kicked in at Monday's game and they lost 18-3. Poor kids. Hard to watch as a parent, too. You have to really praise them when they get a hit or make a good play.

Sue

Hi BB's,

Today I am doing Spinnervals 90 min. time trial. This is one I don't look forward too. Probably some abs and a stretch also. Didn't fall asleep until 3 am or so this morning.

Laurie, too bad about the volleyball game. Losing is never any fun. I am glad it was a nice night out though.

Sue, How did your DD10 BB team do last night. I hope better. Are your children old enough to stay by themselves while you work in the summer? Is you DH sleeping better these nights? How is DD10 taking losing all the time. Does he still like to play? Today is 20 questions.

Enjoy your day ladies.

Morning BB's,

Today will be KenpoX.

Went to the garden center and picked out some plants for my pots in the front yard. Now my house will start looking good! :D

Karen, Bummer on the falling asleep! I don't know what you are going through, but just know that I feel for ya! I have never done Spinnervals, but a 90 min time trial sounds like it is really difficult.

Sue, Bummer for your DS also. That can't be fun for them either. When they do finally win one, they will be so happy! :D You are right, in order to get my beading done, I need to take the time off when it is bad out. :( Just want to enjoy all this lovely weather, without being in this building. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Do you have a green thumb? I'm afraid I don't but I keep trying.:) Have fun with KenpoX. I might do that one tomorrow.

Karen - Sorry to hear you're still not sleeping:-( Don't know how you can even function.

Is anyone else anxious for Cathe to make an announcement?

DS lost his baseball game again last night. He didn't even get to bat until the 4th inning. DH said the pitcher on the other team was like a young Nolan Ryan - that's how hard he threw the ball! DS did manage to get a double (our only hit of the night) and stole 3rd but didn't score. Game ended 20-0. Ouch! It's hard for kids and parents alike to see your team lose so badly. Another game tonight. Let's hope this other team doesn't have any future baseball stars on it.;-)

The kids are signed up for the YMCA's daycare program for most of the summer. DD12 would like to be a CIT (Counselor in Training) but she's too young (supposed to be 13 even though some 12 year olds got into the program) and she needs to prove to the Counselors that she's a leader. She tends to keep to herself and go off in a corner somewhere and read a book - not the kind of personality they're looking for. We're going to let DD12 stay home alone for a couple of days and see how it goes. Last year she would spend most of the day in her pajamas reading or using screens all day.x( Not good. We tried giving her a list of things to do - some chores, outside activities, some fun things - but that didn't work either. She has ADD so is not very self-motivated. Every year as she matures gets a little better but she's not at the same responsibility level as most 12 year olds. The last week in July the kids are signed up to volunteer at HAWS, our local Human Society. They are really excited about that.

This morning was MIS upper and abs plus a 1 mile jog/walk. Legs felt like lead trying to jog after LowMax yesterday. }(

Sue

Good Morning BB's,

Just lost my first post so I'll start again. I am doing GS legs, B&G stability ball abs and yoga for stress relief.

Youngest DS got lost on the trails in the timetrial last night. Boy was my husband worried. I am glad I was not there, I would have been a basket case coming back and noticing one of my kids was missing.

Sue, I can hardly wait for Cathe to make an announcement. I really want those new workouts. Was there a future baseball player on the team you played last night? Nice job on your workouts. Legs feeling like lead is a good thing?

Laurie, Hope you beading is going well. This weekend there is suppose to be some rain so maybe you can get it done then. Did you get you plants out. I kill them. No green thumb here.

The boys will be at another mt. bike race this weekend in Phillips. Tomorrow is DH and my 17 anniversary. We are going out tonight instead because he will be gone tomorrow.

I will be doing All Body Attack on Sat and timetrial again on Sun.

Have a great weekend.

Morning BB's,

Today will be StretchX and I was thinking a walk outside tonight. The weather is so nice at night that a walk in our neighborhood might just be the ticket. Saturday is chest and back / ARX / 4.5 Mile run. Sunday is PlyoX.

Karen, I know I would have been freaking if I knew my child was lost. Didn't get my plants in last night, but I will tonight. I forgot until I got home that we now have church on Thursdays. I also had a meeting at church, so we went. My beading is going slowly, but I will get it done.

Sue, I look on this dang site every day hoping that she will announce the pre-sale. :) HAWS volunteer sounds like a lot of fun. I always watch the ASPCA shows on Animal Planet. I just hate seeing how people treat animals. I found the perfect pet for us on perfiner.com, but we wouldn't be able to get a dog until September. I was wondering if I could call them and see if an adoption could be put off for that length of time. The dog is currently with a foster home.

Our weekend looks pretty good. Of course we have rehearsal on Sunday, but my Saturday should be a quiet on. Get my beading done, I hope.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - What kind of dog did you find online? I think you said you were interested in a dog, right? Hope you get your beading done this weekend. Not too much time left before Ren Faire starts is there? Hey, I've been meaning to tell you that the lady who played Queen Elizabeth last summer (didn't she have ankle or foot surgery?) came to DD's school during their Medieval Week celebration. Sounds like she was very entertaining.

Karen - OMG, I would have been panicking if one of my kids didn't make it back from the bike trail! That's one of the reasons I don't like to go with just me and the kids. We don't all ride at the same speed and I don't like it when 1 gets too far ahead or behind.

Don't know if there were any future baseball stars on the other team last night but DS' team lost again. DS got 2 hits so he was happy about that. Also played left center for a change. He usually plays catcher or right field. DH, of course, thinks he should play 1st or 2nd base. I'm just happy he gets a chance to play different positions and see what he's good at. They have to practice tomorrow which they really, really need.

This morning was Kenpo X plus Power Circuit abs. Thanks for reminding me about Kenpo, Laurie.:)

Have a great weekend! I'm stuck at work until 5 while most of the office is off enjoying summer hours. Should be quiet and will give me time to setup my new pc.

Sue

Wow, Laurie! She sounds like a really nice dog. "Insta-dog" - I like that! :) Think of how much fun you would have taking her with you jogging outside. Sorry - I'm an enabler.

Sue

Laurie, can you go to petfinder and put in any location to find a dog? I like your dog candidate.

Sue, I liked Instr-Dog too. :) I would like someone for my runs. This is something I have considered also.

Karen, Apparently you can choose from anywhere. As far as I know.

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.