Buff Badgers 5-7-07 thru 5-11-07

shakeubooty

Cathlete
Where is everyone today? Hi to all. I'll check back later to see how everyone's weekend went.

I had to fit my workouts in where I could this weekend so I never got around to doing Kelley's Step Kickbox. On Saturday I did CTX Kickbox + CTX Chest, Back. (Ooh, my chest was sore yesterday.) Yesterday was BM2 Cardio Timesaver + CTX Kickbox abs, Power Circuit abs. This morning was Butts & Gutts.

I saw my mom on Saturday and she's still banged up from her fall. I'm taking off Friday so I can take my turn staying with her. I didn't have any luck at Goodwill finding things to help her - shower seat, toilet riser, etc. - but I'm going to try Craig's List next.

2007 Goal:
126 consecutive days of walking >= 1 mile
239 days left

Hi All,

Boy it is quiet today. Today I did CC#3, yoga and SH chest. I am not feeling well so I did a short cardio coach.

Sue, looks like you still got great workouts in. That CTX will get you every time. I love BM2. The music is awesome. Besides being banged up, how is you mom doing? I hope you can find what you need for your mom. Way to go on your 126 days of walking. Great job.

The boys did well on their races. DS11 got 3rd, DS13 got 10th DD9 got 10 and DH got 10. They did a great job for it being the first race of the season.

Hi to everyone else.

Karen - I forgot to ask how your "boys" did in their races.;-) So who do they race with? Are they part of a bicycle club or something? It's great they have a sport they all enjoy and can do together if they want - for practice maybe? I'm surprised you were able to do all that you did if you're not feeling well.

My mom needs help moving around - even getting up from the chair to go to the bathroom. She just doesn't feel stable on her feet anymore and she really needs to move around so she doesn't develop a blood clot from sitting all day. I don't know if Medicare will pay for it but she needs some physical therapy to strengthen her legs and upper body. I'll have to talk to my sister who handles her medical matters and see if she's pursuing anything. Thanks for asking.

Sue

I am so glad your mom has help. I hope Medicare can ok PT. That would be a big help to get her strong again. Take care of her and yourself. What a neat family to all pull together like you are.

They race for a just starting out team from Spooner. Right now they are the only children on it. The last team they raced for doesn't have a youth team anymore. DH still races for Hayes. They really enjoy racing and it really brings them all together if only for a short time.

Take care.

5/8

Hi ladies! I forgot to check in yesterday! Ooops!:p

Today is the Elliptical for 40, walk for 30, and Pilates Buns & Thighs.

I was looking over the calendar until the end of the school year. Man, it is busy! With soccer and baseball starting mixed in with all the other stuff... I'm tired already!

Take care! Susan

Morning BB's,

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, I was sick at home. Didn't really get out of bed. :D Feel much better today, and ready to get back into the X. Today is Shoulders, Chest & Triceps / ARX / 3 Mile Run.

Karen, Good job for your boys on their races. Sounds like alot of fun. It is always fun to see the improvement as they go along in the season.

Sue, Hope your Mom starts feeling better. I have heard that Craigs list is really good for finding things. Sometimes they list things for free, just so they can get rid of the item. ;-)

Susan, Yes summer is usually the time that sports goes WILD!! :D I'm the one that starts the sports, but have decided to only do volleyball this year. Just too much running around last year. Girls don't have any summer sports. So glad of that.

Have to tell you all about my DUH moment for the weekend. On Saturday I was going to do Kimberly Spreen's Absolute Kickbox. Well I went downstairs to get my workout in. Looked around all my DVD's 10 times and couldn't find it. Second guessed myself that I actually bought it. I remember receiving it in the mail. So I think I have put it in the trash. OK I will not waste anymore time and popped in Janis Saffel's Tai Chi Workout. This one is ok, and even though it is very low impact you get a good workout. Probably won't pull this one out very often. :) After the workout I found the Kimberly workout under some papers on a shelf. :) Just glad I found it and didn't throw it in the trash. Will have to get this workout in this weekend.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello All,

Laurie glad you are feeling better. Have fun with the X and your run. It seems when you don't need something anymore, that's when you find it. Glad you will still get a chance to try Kimberly's workout this coming weekend. When does your volleyball start?

Susan, great workout. It seems this is the time of year everyone is doing something. Field trips, sports and the like. Hope you don't stress out to much and take time to smell the roses. I always wanted to say that.

Sue, have fun with your workout today.

I am planning on PLB, SH back and abs. I've had either larangities or a cough or runny nose for two weeks. I hope it gets better soon.

Enjoy.

Susan - I hear ya on all the end of year activities. At least you're still getting your workouts in.

Karen - Hope you're feeling better soon. It's just not right to be sick when the weather gets nicer.:)

Laurie - Glad you're feeling better. When does volleyball start? Sounds fun. We used to have a team here at work and I played but was not very good. That was okay though - none of us were very good! LOL

Did CTX Shoulders and Triceps + 10-10-10 cardio + All Step abs this morning. It's so fun to be doing Cathe again! I was surprised the other day how much stronger my core felt during another CTX abs segment. I'm going to credit P90X with that. I'd still like to go back and finish the last 4 weeks at some point because I think the workouts are great. Was planning to do CTX biceps this morning but my wrist was hurting so some reason. I think I might have done something funky to it when I was getting my weights out before my workout. I grabbed 2 15 lb. dumbells with that hand and I might have strained something. It's only when I do bicep curls that it hurts so I don't think I goofed it up too badly. A couple days of rest ought to do the trick.

Have a good day everyone.

Sue

Hi everyone! I am lovin' this weather!!:)

Today was a 30 min walk and Pilates Power Sculpting for an hour.

I will probably take another walk after dinner...

Hope you are able to get out and enjoy this great weather! Hope you are all feeling healthy!

Take care! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be hard to get a workout in, so I'm thinking of doing one of Barry's Bootcamp cardio workouts and Kathy Smiths LWTLW Leg portion only. DD14 has a relay meet tonight, and this one lasted a long time last year. She said that there are 18 teams in this one.

Susan, You must not be getting the rain we currently are having. :D It is suppose to be raining off and on today. But it was nice before it started. :)

Sue, Volleyball starts the last Tuesday of this month. I will be playing with my brother and SIL again.

Karen, Hope you are feeling better soon. I am much better today. :) Had a little stomach bug. x(

Talked to my Mom yesterday and we received some sad news. My Aunt and Uncle had to head out to Virginia. My cousins 9yr old son passed away. He was playing as a goalie in soccer, and he hit his head. Just very sad when someone so young dies. He loved his sports so much. My brother was the closest to my cousin Greg, and he is having a hard time with this one.

And of course our day wasn't over with that. We had the police and rescue crew at our neighbors house. Hand on their guns, like they where ready to use them if necessary. Don't know what happened, but the coroner was there. Just a very bizarre night.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi All,

Today I will attempt to do CC#6 Sean, SH triceps, stretch. My cough and stuffed nose seem to be getting worse instead of better.

Sue, glad you are enjoying Cathe again with us. I hope your wrist feels better. Does your volleyball go throught summer? Glad you have seen some strength in your core. That's always nice when we actually get stronger.

Susan, enjoy your pilates. I have to try them again sometime. I bet the toning benefits are great. Have fun with your walk or walks.

Laurie, how terrible about the 9 year old. That makes you think how much we take for granted each day. Wow, what a night. I wonder what went down on the corner. Maybe you don't want to know. Glad you are feeling better. Wish DD good luck in her meet tonight. Barry's workouts are definitely quick and to the point. Great workout in a short amount of time.

Have a wonderful day.

Laurie, I am so sorry to hear about the little boy. My son also loves his sports and I always tend to wonder "what if..". Hug your kids close!

Susan

Susan - Hurray! for the warmer weather again:)

Karen - That cold doesn't sound good. I think you had me and Laurie mixed up. Laurie's the jock who plays sports; I just workout:)

Laurie - That is so sad about that little boy. I can't imagine the pain a parent goes thru when they lose a child. It must be devastating. Weird story about your neighbor. Do you think you'll find out what the story is? We have a neighbor we rely on who knows everyone and everything that goes on.

Did CTX Biceps this morning (although I should have rested my wrist a bit more) + Turbo Jam Punch, Kick & Jam. Crazy, crazy day. We're getting ready for 3 weeks of demos for a new software package that runs every major function in our business (manufacturing, accounting, order entry, purchasing, etc.) I'm helping out with logistics and scoring as well as attending every single session so I will be basically MIA until June. I'll try to checkin when I can but if you don't hear from me, don't think I've abandoned you or anything silly like that.

2007 Goal:
365 consecutive days of walking >= 1 mile
128 days so far
237 days left

sue, sorry about the slip I knew that. must have been the fever talking. Glad you found a rotation to work for this busy time. Enjoy the nice walking weather.

Morning BB's,

I did L&G, SH biceps and abs today. I will try to do my yoga for digestion later.

Hope you all have great workouts and continue to enjoy the wonderful weather.

Laurie, how did DD do in the track meet? I am sure she did well.

Have to go get some groceries, it seems like I do it a lot. Not one of my fav things to do either.

Morning BB's,

Today we have dress rehersal for DD10's dance recital. :) I don't know how long this will last, but I hope to get in Back & Biceps / B&G Stability Ball Abs / 2 Mile Run. Maybe a huge task to get done. :)

I have been having a time this morning. The system I use for purchasing is not letting me create a purchase order. So I was talking to our help desk in India. They have no idea what is going on. :) I'm one of the biggest users of the system, and have some emergency parts that need to be ordered. I'm having such a fun time today! x(

Karen, DD14 did really well again. She managed to best her time. Went from 6:44 to 6:20. If was a beautiful night to run, and they where on the HS track. All the races where relays. They didn't have a very strong 1/2 miler, so they came in 5th out of 18.

Sue, We understand about you being absent. Have fun with the conversion. :) And take care of that wrist.

Susan, Hope you have a great day. The weather ended up being beautiful yesterday. And it doesn't seem to be turning out too bad for today. :)

Just to let you all know. Apparently our neighbor committed suicide on Tuesday morning. And the way I found out is from our youngest DD. One of our other neighbors was the one who called 911 after she heard the shot.

You all have a great day!

Laurie

Hi Ladies! Hope you are doing alright. Laurie, that's too bad about your neighbor. I always find it heart breaking when I hear someone feels they only have that "choice" left...

Today will be Elliptical for 40 min. Don't know which workout yet. I still have to walk the dog too..

Wow, is it sunny here! Almost too good to be true..

Take care and stay strong! Susan

Morning BB's,

It if finally FRIDAY!!! This has been one busy week and I can't wait for DD10's dance recital to be done with on Saturday. :) I didn't get my workout in yesterday so I will be doing Back & Biceps / B&G Stability Ball Abs and a 2 Mile run. Saturday is Yoga and Sunday is Legs & Back / ARX / 3 Mile run.

Have to get my house tidy for DH's family. I guess he is going to be grilling out on Sunday, because he invited his family over. I'm not doing anything on Mother's Day. I will help him out and get some burger meat and something from the deli. :)

Susan, You are right it is very heart breaking when that "choice" is the only option they feel is open to them. It is hardest on the ones they leave behind.

Karen, I'm with you on the grocery shopping. And it seems I'm spending more and more money everytime I go. x( Or it is because I put of the task for so long that we always need so much food. :7 These children just don't seem to stop eating. I can always tell when the girls are going through a growth spurt by the amount of food they consume. :D

Sue, Hope all is going well with your conversion and your family.

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Hi

Glad it's Friday. We are going to my parents for MD. I am afraid I have come to the end of working out for the time being. I just have no energy and feel tired all the time. I finished up SH shoulders today and did relaxing yoga for my neck. Told DH I don't want to do the 50 mile time trial because I can't workout enough to be able to sustain that high intensity right now. I guess I should have slowed down my workouts sooner.

Laurie, you have great workouts planned for this weekend. And you will have time to clean and help DH. Hopefully someone plans something nice for you on MD, you so deserve it. Happy Mothers Day from me. I hope the weather cooperates this weekend so we don't all have to be inside. I've been spoiled by the nice weather.

Sue, hope things are going well for you. Take care. Happy Mother's Day to you also.

Susan, Happy Mother's Day and hope you enjoy your weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.