BUFF BADGERS 5/26-5/29

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning All,

Today I got in JM's 30 Day Shred 1&2. Plan on getting in #3 after work. Saturday I changed my mind and got in a TaeBo workout. I couldn't find my TaeBo Adv#1, so put in the Advanced workout from the original package. So glad he stopped doing that weird double time video image! :eek:

Had a great time up north, the weather was beautiful! Ate to much, but then all three shreds shoudl take care of that for me. :eek: Traffic coming back was horrible, with stop and go starting from the Dells, to Madison. :mad:

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Glad to hear you had beautiful weather up north. It was nice around here, too until last night when it cooled off. Those Shreds are hard so I'm sure the extra calories will melt right off.

On Saturday, I started out doing KCM Step Kickbox but didn't have enough energy to keep up with her pace so switched to The Biggest Loser Calorie Max and did all 3 segments. I think Jillian's level 2 was harder than Kim's level 3. On Sunday I did Slo Mo Upper Body premix and walked 2 miles. Yesterday I planted flowers and did MIS abs and the lower body portion of Prevention's Fight Cellulite workout (or something like that). It was short but my thighs were burning. Nothing yet today. Planning to workout tonight.

I'm down a total of 7 pounds on Day 9 of South Beach. My pants are fitting sooooo much better and I don't have to worry so much about my muffin top. It's hard though - especially at night when I'm used to snacking. Can't wait to add carbs back. My workouts have been suffering a little bit because I don't feel I have as much energy. I made SB Phase I Chili and the beans in that helped (permitted carbs).

DD has a track meet tonight and DS has baseball practice. DH is coaching so it's a busy night.

Hi to everyone!

We hung around here and ordered furniture for out new remodel! And grilled out, and ate too much, too!
Oh,yea, and I´m working on a new computer...dumped coffee on mine (laptop, so really hard to salvage) But DH is REALLY "D", he took me out and bought me a new one!

Monday I did HSC...wow! that was tough! Today I got in a 4.5 mile run, am gearing up for a 10K...hope I can finish!

Sue, you are getting some good workouts in! And huge congrats on the weight loss! Keep it up!

Laurie, glad your weekend was good. I guess eating too much is part of the experience, but we can get it under control!

HI Ladies!

Glad to hear you all enjoyed the weekend. We had fun camping, and like Laurie, I ate too much as well! :p Saturday I did run 6 miles! I was so happy! I did not hurt the next day either which surprised me! Sunday and Monday I walked. I have not had any energy the past few days. I feel like I need a break but at the same time I am "afraid" to take one? The past 2 mornings it has been raining so I have not ran. I will be getting on the elliptical before my DS soccer game tonight.

Laurie, glad you had fun at the cabin!

Sue, Woo Hoo on the weight loss! I am back on Phase 1 after the weekend! LOL! 2 pounds snuck back on me pretty quickly! Keep up the great work!

Lala, that's great of your DH to get you a new computer! We've been fighting with ours but DH thinks its our server (AT&T) and they are not being very helpful at all. I guess I am going to have to threaten to switch to a different service to get their attention!

Have a great day! It's raining here... again!!

Susan

Morning All,

Today was scheduled Criss-Cross Cardio, but I changed it to TaeBo Total Advanced Four. Will get in TaeBo Butts & Gutts after work.

DD16 will be going to the state track meet in the 4x400 and as an alternate on the 4x800. The 4x200 didn't make it, but she is happy with at least running at state. :D She ran her leg of the race in 60.5. She is trying to get under 60, so I'm hoping that the state meet will give her that opportunity. :)

Sue, Congrats on SB working for you. You only have one more week of reduced carbs right? It always amazes me how our bodies need the balance of carb/prot/fat to keep that energy level up.

Lala, What a great DH for taking you shopping! ;) Just sorry to hear that you laptop got damaged though. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that ate to much. There is just something about rhubarb pie! :eek:

Susan, Oh yes we are having the rain too. It is always fun to walk the dog in the rain! :confused: Maybe the elliptical will give you that energy boost. I know I go though those days when I don't want to workout because of energy. That is usually the point where I have to radically change what my workouts are. Sometimes my change works, but sometimes I have to change until I find what I want to do. Have you been getting your pilates into your rotation? If I remember that always seems to help you out.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello again!

Well, the rain is still here but it is supposed to leave us today! I was kind of grumpy when I woke to rain yet again! I plan on doing KPC today. Yesterday I did get on the ellipitcal for a short but intense workout.:)

Laurie, I do need to sit down and right up a rotation. I have not been fitting in what I want to do. I want to do so many different things and unfortunatley there is not enough time in the day! I hope to sit down tonight or tomorrow and figure out a new one. Congrats to your DD for going to state!! Woo Hoo!:eek:

Okay, I better get going or I'll be late for work!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning All,

Today will be Jillian's NMTZ after work. Had to get the dog to daycare this morning. :D

Yesterday DD12 went to Chicago to the Museum and Shedd, and had a great time. She left wearing her sisters pants! :eek: The girls only have about a 2" difference in height, but youngest has really long legs. Only problem with this is I will now have to write their initials in pants, because DH will be giving the wrong pants to the wrong girl! :rolleyes: And of course we can't share pants! :rolleyes:

Susan, We only had mist this morning, but everything is growing like crazy! With all this rain the lawn looks like a shag rug! :eek: Totally understand about wanting to get all those workouts in. Life always seems to get in the way! ;)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Hearing the story about your girls sharing pants reminds me of sharing clothes with my older sister. She had cuter clothes than I did but did NOT like to share so I had to wait until she left and sneak into her closet. :D My mom made the best rhubarb pie with meringue. It was best ice cold straight from the fridge. Yum! Speaking of fruit, yep, I have a 4 days left on SB phase 1. Looking forward to oatmeal and apples! (but not together)

Susan - Those 2 pounds will come off before you know it. Good job on getting your running and walking in.

Lala - New furniture is always exciting! What rooms are you remodeling?

It's been a very stressful past couple of days. Tuesday night I was paged and only got about 3 hours sleep. I won't bore you with the details but something happened that could have been a major catastrophe. We were looking at possibly having to restore our production system and lose an entire day's work. Fortunately, it wasn't as bad as I feared and we spent the better part of Wednesday fixing things but everything is back to normal now. One of my co-workers brought in donuts and I knew better in my stressed-out, sleep-deprived state than to have one. Proud of myself that I stuck to my South Beach diet. Day 11! Still down 7 pounds. Didn't workout yesterday or today yet. Leaving work early to take DD to a contact lens class (she's never had them before). Depending on how I feel tonight I'll try to do something (better than nothing).

Morning All,

Today I had planned on Jillian's BFBM, but with my time constraints I decided to do TaeBo Celebrity Fit Sculpt. The workout is super fun, because Billy is running all over being goofy. Total time on this is 43 min, but you really get a workout. I'm still planning on getting BFBM in after work, and then heading to the grocery store. We are having a cookout tomorrow, and I'm making rhubarb pie. I just have this stuff growing out of my ears, and I need to get some frozen also. :)

Sue, Oh you need to try the oatmeal and apples together! :D LOL! Put a little cinnamon in there. Yum! ;) This morning was oatmeal/blueberries/walnut mix for me. Love that combo too. :D Glad to hear that your system is ok. We have been having problems with our system, and the two guys from India where chatting back and forth to each other on what should be done for recovery! :rolleyes: They should have been talking in their native language, because they where not understanding each other in English! It was hilarious to watch! :eek:

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - I remembered after reading your post yesterday that I recently ordered Jillian's BFBM from Amazon and hadn't tried it yet. You'll have to let me know if it's me or is that a tough workout? I know I'm lower on energy this week because of the SB phase 1 lower carbs thing and I'm still recovering from the other night when I had little sleep, but this workout was killer! I paused several times and there was no way I had enough energy at the end to do standing mountain climbers. I just jogged in place. Do you think Jillian's pants are a little too low? I saw her yanking them up once and wondered how many times they edited out other "yanks"! LOL

This morning I slept in. Planning to do PS CST tonight. Haven't done that one in ages so it should be fun. Another busy weekend. DD has her last middle school dance tonight and marching band practice on Sunday. I need to find a dress for a wedding in Denver June 6. My niece is getting married and I'm going along with DS just for the weekend. DD needs a dressy outfit for Achievement Night so we'll be hitting the mall on Saturday for both of us. Wish us luck!

Sue, Yes BFBM is a KILLER workout! :eek: I am bent over on the 5th circuit. :D I think what I like about JM's workout is that you are not doing the same exercise for the full circuit. Her giving you 3-4 different exercises per circuit makes it fun. And I must say those standing mountain climbers are hard. I like those better than the plank ones. YES! She is pulling up her drawers way to much. Feel like telling her to get a better pair of pants! :eek:

Laurie

HI there!

This morning I ran 5 miles. Finally a morning where it wasn't raining!:) I am thinking about trying to run 7 miles tomorrow but we'll see!;) Our DS has a baseball double header tomorrow and then we have a graduation party to attend. Sunday I hope to get a few new shrubs bought and planted.

You ladies have me curious about this BFBM workout. I have seen clips of it... hmm... I just don't like Jillian's personality, she irritates me! I'll think about it though!

Have fun shopping Sue! My DD and I have to go swimsuit shopping for her hopefully Sunday too.

Have a great weekend! Susan

Lots going on this week with all of you! I have 2 more days of classes, then 3 days of final and am OUT FOR THE SUMMER:eek::eek:

Susan, I do think the rainy weather really takes energy away. I know what you mean about being afraid to take a break, but generally, if your body needs it, it does a world of good. All I want to do is roll over and go back to sleep! But today I got in another 4.5 mi run and yesterday did CTX UB. Even after STS, that is a tuffy!

Sue, to pass up donuts when you are sleep deprived is awesome! My worst moments are when I'm tired.

Laurie, congrats on DD going to state! That is wonderful! Things are growing like crazy here, too, so my afternoon workout is pushing the mower!
Have a great weekend!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.