BUFF BADGERS 5/21-5/25

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be Legs & Back / ARX / 3.5 Mile Run

The Janesville Faire was very small, so there wasn't much to do. They had a vendor there that had these beautiful dragons. One now sits on our mantle. :) We also purchased a tea set for the girls to use at the faire. I was grateful that DD14 had a Cival War project to finish. Yesterday was cold and rainy in Janesville. We also went to see Shrek the Third. It was very funny (had adult humor in it also). :D Justin Timberlake plays Arthur, and he does a good job of being a whiney child at one point. :)

This week is a busy one. DD14 finishes up with track this week. She has her final conference meet on Thursday, which also happens to be the rehersal day for a wedding that our DD10 is standing up in. Glad DH is picking up our oldest, because I can't be in two places at once. :) Or can I. :7 :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I am planning on doing some CC, and abs.

It was a long cold weekend in Lake Geneva. I stood through 4 mt. bike races starting from 8:30-3:00 in the pouring rain for a lot of it. My DH flipped over his bike and messed up his knee and his ring finger is swollen up huge. The dr. may have to cut the ring off it's so big. DS 11 couldn't get unclipped fast enough going down a hill and hit a tree and rolled down the hill and his chain came off 2 times. He's fine except he really wanted to do better. DS9 got his first medal 4th place in his two years of mt. bike racing. DS13 finished 9 which is very good for the division he is in. The race was so muddy people on bikes just crashing down the muddy hills.

Laurie, How did you like CC1? To bad you got stuck in the rain on Sun. too. At least you have a dragon for you mantle. Great your DD14 is finishing up. She did a great job. Will she try out in H.S.? You are super woman, you can surely be in two places at once. Great workouts as usual.

Sue, hope things are going well and you are enjoying your shortened workouts.

Susan, hi to you. What difference do you see in yourself for doing pilates, or do you just like it.

Have a nice day everyone.

Morning BB's,

Todays workout will be Sherri Jacquelyn's Criss Cross Cardio. Will have to wait until about 9 or 10 tonight to get the workout in though. DD14 wants us to come to her conference meet today. Since I won't be able to attend her final one on Thursday, I will get DD10 and head out to whatever school I need too. :D

Karen, Oh man, so sorry to hear about your DH. Did they have to cut the ring off? ^5 to your DS's for finishing so well. Does DS11 have to fix his own bike when he has problems like that? I had a great time with the CC1. The time seemed to fly by for the run. I'm planning on putting the CC's in place of my 2-3 mile runs. DD14 has said that she will be doing cross country and track & field next year in HS. I'm glad that she is keeping up with it.

Sue and Susan, Hope your week is going well so far.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, guys! Just have a quick minute to checkin.

Laurie - Was it a ceramic dragon you bought in Janesville? I remember seeing some pretty cool ones at Ren Faire last year. Sounds like another busy week for you. Don't know how you can workout at 10 p.m. I'm either asleep or ready to fall asleep by then.

Karen - How is DH's finger? Are you feeling better after resting last week or still taking a wait-and-see approach?

I did Drill Max on Saturday, Yoga X on Sunday, slept in yesterday (tired again). This morning was a KPC premix.

Talk later,
Sue

Hi BB's,

I did MM, Absolute Kickbox not combat drills and relaxing yoga dvd. Yesterday I ended up doing Body Max 2, no upper body, ab ripper abs.

DH finger is still swollen but he is just trying to wait it out. He seemed in better spirits this morning.

DD4 has some rash all over her. It started on her face 5 days ago and now its all over. Took her to the Dr. just to make sure it wasn't anything serious. Just an allergic reaction to something. I wonder what it is.

I found a chinese sleep remedy that seems to be working. Also a chinese remedy for digestion to help my throat. They both seem to be working great. I am feeling better.

Laurie, glad you like CC. Fun. Have fun at the track meet and working out when we are all sleeping. What motivation. It would never happen for me.

Sue, glad you could drop in and say hi. Do you like DM? I really don't care for the workout to much and I don't find it that challenging. I can't put my finger on what it is I don't care for in it. Get some rest.

Hi Susan. Hope you are having a great day.

Enjoy.

Hi ladies! Our computer is down so I am checkin' in here at the library! I have been doin well. The in-soles came in but now my foot aches until I get used to them! x(

I love Pilates because it really strengthens my core like nothing else does. I also gets my thighs trimmer and leaner. It do a little bit everyday...

I'll try to write more soon! Hopefully my DH will get the computer up and runnin'! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be the start of week 8 for me and I will be doing Bryan Kest Power Yoga Sweat. Maybe add on some ab work also. Haven't decided what I would like to do yet.

DD14 had a great run in her conference meet yesterday. She had a time of 6:01.45 :D Of course now she wants to get under the 6 min. mark for the last meet on Thursday. Glad I was there to see it. We got to the meet, and there she was standing on the line waiting to run. Talk about timing. :D

Karen, Sorry to hear about your DD and her rash. This time of year it could be anything from what she ate to something in the air. x( Glad you have found something to help with your sleep and throat. Ancient Chinese secret! :D

Sue, I will have to post a pic of the dragon. It wasn't ceramic, but I couldn't tell you what material it actually was. It is light, and looks like some type of terra cotta mix.

Susan, Glad you could at least check in with us, and I hope your computer problems get worked out. Funny how we get used to these electronic gizmoz in our lives. :) Here are some fast recovery vibes for your foot. Hope the pains subside soon with your new inserts.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Today I did CC5, stretchmax and abs.

Laurie, wow, almost done with the X again. Congrats. Do you like Bryan Kest? Tell DD great job on her time. I hope she breaks the 6 min mark. What a great way to end the season.

Sue, hope things are going well for you.

Susan, sure hope your feet get used to the inserts soon. Glad you have help for them though.

I have to go get groceries--again and then soccer.

Enjoy your day.

Morning BB's,

Today is suppose to be Core Syn, but I have to be at the Basilica for a wedding rehearsal. DD10 is a flower girl in a wedding on Saturday. I have never been to the Basilica, but have heard that it is very beautiful inside. Then after is the rehearsal dinner, which will be Italian food :9 . Carb loading here we come. :D

Karen, I really like Bryan Kest, he likes to hold the down dog position a little long though. But he says this is good for your strength. :) In the Sweat workout, he does pigeon which is easier for me to get into than crane.

Sue, Are you still having to order lunch? Hope things are still going well at work.

Susan, Hope that computer gets fixed soon. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, girls!

Laurie - I've never been to the Basilica either but I'm sure it's beautiful. How cool to have a wedding there. . .

Karen - Is that ancient Chinese remedy still working for you? Hope so. I like Dr. Oz, the doctor who's on Oprah every once in awhile (yes, I admit to watching Oprah when something/someone good is on) and he recommends a lot of ancient Chinese remedies like the nettie (sp?) pot, accupressure, accupuncture. Hey, whatever works, right?

I better get back upstairs in the demo. Stealing some time here (bad me!) to checkin. Yes, I'm still ordering lunches (sigh) and even more than last week. I've been on a 2 day on/1 day rest schedule lately. Super tired. Getting up at 4:30 is not fun. Can't wait until June 4 when life is closer to normal.

Sue

Hi BB's,

Laurie, neat your DD gets to be in the wedding. My DD4 was suppose to but the wedding was cancelled. Better now then later.

Sue, glad to see you check in. Do you work late besides going in early? It sounds like you are taking good care not to overdo. I can't wait until things are closer to normal for you either. The sleep one is still working well, not sure about the other, but I added some other things in there too. It's nice to get a little sleep. I'll bet you would like a little more.

Susan, hope things are going well with your computer and feet.

Today I did CC#4, PUB and segment of stretchmax.

Have a great day everyone.

Morning BB's,

Well isn't it great that Friday is finally here. I didn't get Core Syn in last night, because we didn't get home from the rehearsal dinner until after 9pm. But today I don't have anything going on so will be able to push play.

DD14 came in 6th place with a time of 5:58. So she did get under the 6 min mark like she wanted too.

Sue, Good to hear from you again. The Basilica was beautiful, and I'm sure the pictures of the wedding will be just as beautiful. Is the demo done after this week, or is there still more to demo? :)

Karen, DD10 is very excited, and I have agreed to both DD's getting out of school early today. They begged me last night to let them participate in the wedding party kickball today. :) Today is a make up snow day at school. They had to do a lot of begging. DH is picking them up from school, so they at least get in half a day. :)

Susan, Guess the computer is still on the fritz.

All of you have a wonderful weekend!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Laurie, tell DD great job. That's neat she beat her time. If they are doing fine in school what's getting out a little early. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the wedding and your workouts. Are you playing kickball too?

Sue, hope you are almost done with the demo. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Hi Susan.

I am doing B&G and going tandem riding with DH after he gets home from work. Tomorrow I plan on Double cardio and Sun. GS legs and todal cardio kickbox. Don't know if they will all happen but I will try. The sleep pill only worked until 3:00. I got five hours though.

Have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.