Buff Badgers 5/19-5/23

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Todays workout was a 3m Run (with Cami), and CTX Kickbox. Will do BBC Chest & Abs later today.

DD11's recital was very nice, and DD did a great job. I had tears in my eyes, because she just looked to pretty and graceful. :) She was so happy at the end of the recital, that I was afraid she would bounce out of the car.

Saturday I did manage to get in a 7 mile run, but that was all. I just was in a bad mood all weekend. Did get some loads of laundry done though.

I'm leaving work early today to watch DD15 in her Regional meet or is it Sectional. Oh I can't remember. x( Anyway she is running the mile, so that usually is scheduled early. My MIL wants to see her run, so that means she is driving to our house. Then she and I will go to the meet. I don't think I will be staying for the whole thing, because DD is only doing the one event. She will be an alternate on the 4x800.

Hope all of you had great weekends!

Karen, How has the weather been in that area, we are planning on heading up there this weekend. Can't wait for some time with my family!

Susan, How is your knee doing?

Sue, Back to the grindstone today! ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi gals,

Today I brought in my DD bike and put it on my trainer and did CC#7, then I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. I did manage to get my 7 miles in also, over the weekend.

Laurie, Cami must be doing better at running. Glad you enjoyed the recital and DD was so happy. Have fun at the track meet. Hope DD15 does well. The boys had a soccer tournament in Minnesota so they were gone all weekend. The weather is still cold. It's 50 right now, this morning it was 34. We had a day last week that it got to 72 or so. The lilacs still aren't even close to blooming. My fav flower.

Susan, hope you are healing. Do you ever do weight workouts by themselves? I don't remember many posts where you just do weights.

Sue, glad you are back. Have DS played any baseball games yet? I am curious to see if the practice has helped. How are you doing getting back into Dojo?

Off to get groceries and then soccer tonight. Hopefully I'll get some laundry in here pretty soon too.

Have a great day.

Late, late checkin today. We had a department lunch today and I spent the day trying to get caught up on email, voicemail and snail mail.

Laurie – I hope you took pictures or video of your DD’s recital! :) Moments like those you’ll cherish forever. . .Good job on your Saturday run! Is 7 miles the farthest (or is it furthest?) you’ve ever gone? I was in a bad mood this weekend, too. Or more like a tad depressed thinking about my work schedule over the next few months. I watched back-to-back episodes of “So You Think You Can Dance” on Sunday and didn’t leave the house all day. (We went to Saturday night mass so don’t think I’m a heathen. ;-)) Hope DD does (did by now) well in her mile run.

Karen – DS’s first baseball game is tonight! I saw about an hour total between dropping off and picking up DD. Waiting for the boys to get home and tell me how they did. We were losing 11-3 when I left but last year we would have lost 15-0 by then so at least we got on the board with some runs. DS played very well. He got 2 hits but accidentally stepped off the bag and made an out. Not sure exactly what happened – I was dropping off DD at the time. So did you and Laurie do a 7 mile challenge over the weekend or something that you both ran 7 miles? My lilac bush is blooming but today and especially tonight at the ball game was chilly. Brrrrrrr! No Dojo tonight because of DS’ game. Going to miss Thursday, too, because of DS’ music concert at school. I’m going to be so far behind they'll have to demote me to yellow belt. :+

I didn’t workout at all Friday night. After spending a long day in class and driving back from Chicago 2 ½ hours in traffic, I needed to relax. On Saturday I did BM2 cardio segments 1-3 + BM2 abs. On Sunday I did BM2 Circuits + Upper. This morning was GS Legs.

Found out today I have to go to Atlanta for more training the week of June 16. x( Ugh! I forgot all about that course until it was mentioned in a meeting today.

BTW, DH’s sister had breast cancer surgery last week. I don’t remember if I told you guys or not. Anyway, she’s had several months of chemo and when they went in for the surgery they didn’t find any cancer so the chemo was successful! They didn’t have to do a mastectomy but did remove a couple of lymph nodes. DH wants to take DD and visit her in Atlanta in June so we may just combine his trip with my business trip and all go together (if it works out).

Sorry to babble so long. Guess I had a lot pent up babbling from being gone over a week.:D

Sue

Sue, glad to see you back and chatty. It sounds like you have been really busy. Glad you DS is doing well. All that practice has helped him. No challenge for 7 miles, I am just trying to keep up with speedster Miss Laurie. I hope it works out that you get to visit your SIL in June. It would make the training nicer knowing you can go see your family. Glad you SIL is cancer free. What a praise. Take care.

Hi there!

I was so busy yesterday I didn't even look at the computer!x( Anyway, my weekend was alright but my knee is still sore. I have been wearing my brace everyday but it is still in pain. My Dr. is out until next week so I am just going to continue with the brace and the Advil until she comes back. I think after looking stuff up over the weekend it might be an ACL injury. Does that run along the side of the knee? That's where most of the pain is, then it goes around the back of the knee a bit.

So for exercise I have been walking and pilates and strength.

Karen, yeah, I do just plain strength workouts. I actually prefer them over cardio. However, I really like getting my heart rate up there with a great cardio workout. Unfortunately that might not happen for a little while.

So today was a 40mn walk and pilates for an hour.

Sue, glad to hear your SIL is okay!

Laurie, congrats on the 7 miler! Great job!

Have a great day ladies- Susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout so far is a 4m run, and I will be doing BBC Legs & Butt when I get home. I didn't take Cami along with me today, and apparently she was crying and running from window to window in the house. DH had to take her upstairs, and let her lay down on my side of the bed to calm her down. :7 :7 I figured that a 4m would be to far for her, so I will make sure that she goes with me tomorrow. :D

DD15 did pretty good in her 1m last night, but since she came in 5th she will not be going to state for that event. She needed to come in the top 4 to advance. She will be going as an alternate in the 4x800 though.

Karen, Cami is loving the running, for her it is more of a trot. :7 :7 I hope the weather improves this weekend, it is so much nicer when we can be outside. Our lilacs are blooming, and it sure does smell nice when you go buy them. I wish they could flower all year long. :D You are really doing well with your running. WTG!! Are your hips doing OK with the running? Are you doing it all on the TM?

Sue, Yes I did get some pictures of DD after the recital was over with. They don't let you take pics during the performance. I'm going to try really hard to get them on a picture trail this weekend. That is such great news on your SIL, hope you are able to combine the training and visit. I have a busy week this week too. Tonight I have a hair appointment, and Thursday is a band concert for DD11. I'm just about ready for all this school stuff to be over with.

Susan, Glad you are taking care of that knee. I hope it isn't an ACL injury, but then again they have advanced so far in repairing injuries like that it might not be so bad.

Oh and I have signed myself up for a 5K on June 7th. All proceeds go to the HS Track & Field. If is suppose to start from the HS and has a mostly flat course. Sounds like my cup of tea, and I figure I can go 3.1 miles. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning,

Today I did premix of GS chest/tri and the premix of bi/shoulders/back and 10 min pilates for abs.

Susan, hope your knee will just get better. Don't know much about knees. Glad you are getting in your walks and of course your pilates.

Laurie, yea, you signed up for a race. Way to go. My hips seem o.k. if I use my DH roller on my hamstrings. It bugs me a bit but not enough for me to stop. It is better on the treadmill. I have been doing my long runs outside. They seem to be getting easier. We have a one mile loop around our area we live in so I just keep going around until I finish my miles. Some guy was walking and asked me how many more times I was going around. I said until I get my 7 miles in. He must have been getting tired of seeing me go by.

Sue, hope things calm down soon. Have you been walking lately?

Have a wonderful day.

Karen - No, I haven't been walking. I should though. Workouts and eating have not been great lately.

Laurie - I want the school stuff to be over, too! The concerts along with baseball games are taking up almost all my nights for the next few weeks.

The boys lost 13-5 last night but we are celebrating the fact that the "slaughter rule" did not kick in like it did so many times last season. Our defense still needs work. Lots of work. DH gets so frustrated when they stand in the outfield like statues and watch the balls go by or fail to back each other up. Sometimes it feels like they're watching the game instead of playing it. It's so frustrating to watch at times! Might be another long season but I'm trying to be optimistic. DS struck out at his last at bat so there goes his 1.00 average! ;-)

I was up late last night trying to look at flights to Atlanta and figure out how far we are from DH's sister. DH does not want DS to miss 2 ball games so I really doubt we'll make it a family trip. DS would feel really bad left behind at a friend's house, too so I don't think that's an option.

Slept in this morning since I planned on doing cardio tonight. Now DH is thinking of going to Dojo since we've been missing so much but it's a beginner class so may not learn anything new. Whatever we do tonight I really need a good heart-pumpin' workout! Stressful day today and my 12:45 meeting is going to add to my stress I have a feeling as more "opportunities" get dumped on me. x(

Sue

Hi there!

Today I walked for 45mn. I hope to get some strength in later. My DS has a soccer game tonight and I have errands to run so it'll be fun trying to get it all in! I enjoyed my pilates workout yesterday. I really felt it in my abs and rear.

I have come down with a cold or something. Sore throat, achey neck, stuffy nose, headache. Don't like being sick! I have to stop and buy some meds on my way to work.

Sue, did you work up a sweat at Dojo?

Hi Karen!

Hi Laurie!

Hope you all have a great day! :D

Susan

Morning BB's,

This morning I ran 3m on the TM doing an Interval run. While walking Cami this morning, I decided that it was just to cold out, and I haven't done an interval run in a while. Since I have signed myself up for a 5K, I think I need to get in some interval work. :D I was a bit surprised that my legs felt strong while running. I also managed to get in a short Caribbean Hi/Lo Aerobic workout too.

DD11 is going to the zoo today, and I'm glad it is sunny out. I also need to get some grocery shopping done too. DH is staying home for the holiday weekend, so the girls and I will be leaving on Satruday morning. I just don't like driving with all the nut cases on Friday night. Also the chance of hitting a deer are less during the morning. :D

Karen, LOL on the guy asking you how many times you will go around. I do the same thing in our neighborhood too. I have a 3m and 2m. I did the 2m twice yesterday to make the 4m run. I met a lady walking her dog twice. :7 :7

Sue, Sorry to hear about the BB game, but you are right there are some positives that came out of it. :D As the season progresses they will improve I'm sure. I only have the rest of this week and next week for school stuff. Once state is over with next week there will be not practice that I have to run and get her from. :D

Susan, Hope you are not getting sick, that would be a bummer on top of the knee. Hope you get all your activites in tonight! Glad your butt got a workout with the pilates. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's

Today I did a 3 mile interval run and then kept running until I reached 4 miles. After that I did GS legs floorwork and 10 min pilates for legs and butt.

Susan, have fun watching the soccer game. Our soccer season here is going until end of June now. What were they thinking. You amaze me still getting your walks and workouts in with a bad knee.

Laurie, I was just going to ask if you had been doing any interval runs. It is neat you are feeling so strong in your running. I wish I wasn't afraid of trying a race again. I am glad you get to do that. Where do you go up north again?

Sue, how was Dojo? How often does DS play BB?

Tonight is a WIAA Physical for DS14, soccer practice for DD5 and DS10 and a code of conduct meeting for DS14 and DD15. So much to do, so little time.

Have a wonderful day.

Susan - Hope you're feeling better soon. Sounds like a busy night. Don't you wish sometimes your kids were old enough to drive? Of course that opens up a whole other can of worms! LOL Didn't work up much of a sweat. See below.

Laurie - Wow! You fit a lot of workout time in this morning. You were probably on your 2nd or 3rd workout while I was hitting the snooze button. ;-) How long do you have to train before your 5K?

Karen - DS has games or practice about 3-4 times a week. Now DD is starting softball, too. It's a city rec league though so it won't be as competitive and stressful.

Went to Dojo last night even though I REALLY wanted to stay home and do a workout. We did some punches on the bags but not much of a workout I'm afraid. Found out I have to come up with my own sword form and it has to follow a pattern of 2 symmetrical triangles! I just stood there with my mouth agape and my mind blank. We have 2 months to work on this before graduation. It would help if I knew how to do some tricks or even a decent figure 8. Watched some videos on you-tube last night for inspiration. They were pretty incredible - doing fancy turns, jumps and gymnastic moves inbetween sword moves. Mine won't be nearly as impressive. If only I could choreograph something using the step. :)

Slept in this morning again. My head hurt and I didn't want to get out of bed. Did a few crunches but that's it. Have to take DD shoe shopping but hope to get cardio in afterwards.

Sue

Hi BB's,

Today I plan on GS legs standing,abs,PUB and hopefully a quick run when the kids get home before I have to head to Shell Lake for a soccer game.

Anyone think I am doing to much cardio? I feel like I don't do anything if I don't do some type of cardio. I don't know if it's because I eat so poorly that I feel the need to do cardio. How about you guys ask me every day if I've eaten my bag of chocolate of chips and maybe I'll get tired of seeing it and stop.

Sue, sounds like you are a bit bummed. You are so busy and not getting time for yourself and your workouts. To bad Dojo wasn't the workout you would have liked. Get busy learning how to flip and fly. Can you swing a sword while stepping? (insert smily face, my smily faces don't work)

Hi Laurie and Susan, enjoy your days.

Hello!

Well, the DS lost their soccer game. They were so strong the first half that I think they tired out the 2nd half. They are a good strong team though so they should be proud.

Today I have walked and I hope to try the elliptical too. I am going to go on a lower intensity though. I usually go on setting 12 but today will maybe go 7 or so.

Laurie, did your DD enjoy the zoo?

Karen, sounds like you'll be carting children to and fro just like me!

Sue, hope your headache went away. I have been taking meds for my cold and am feeling a bit better today.

Have a good day! Susan

Morning BB's,

No workout for me yet! I came in early because I have to take Cami to the vet after work. But when I get home I would like to get in a KB workout of some sort. We also have DD11's band concert tonight. I don't think that DD is going to be in band next year, she just didn't seem to enjoy it.

Karen, I to have been upping my cardio since I finished the X, and I must say that I feel better. I like being strong, but I'm happier with the way my body looks and feels when I do the cardio. I have been averaging about 6 days a week, for about 45-60 min sessions. STAY AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS!!!! :7 :7 :7 We will be heading to the Minong area. That isn't to far from where you are is it?

Sue, The race is June 7th so I only have 2 weeks, and I don't think I will be training very hard. I just have to make sure that I do only 2-3 miles for my runs the week of the race. The course usually is pretty flat, and that is a good thing. ;-) You are going to be busy with the BB and SB going on this summer. Did your DD find some great shoes, or was the shoe shopping for spikes? :D

Susan, Bummer on the soccer game. Yep my DD had a great time at the zoo. Her friend down the street came over after school too, because they didn't have any homework. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi again. I decided to do MM and that's it. What a whimp. Laurie, are you going to get your long run in tomorrow before you leave for Minong? I think it is about 45 min from here. Are you doing volleyball this summer again?

Have to go get groceries. Enjoy whatever you do today. What do you guys think of the Tracey kickbox preview? Any takers. You guys are some pretty die hard kickbox people.

Susan - No headache this morning - yeah! I think I was just tired. Is your knee better?

Laurie - We bought regular running shoes for DD. She wears the same shoes every day (doesn't like anything girly or the least bit fashionable) and she started complaining that her feet hurt since starting track/field in gym. She's had the same pair since school started so I figured it was definitely time for a new pair. I'm sure you'll do great on your race June 7 with all the running you've been doing.

Karen - You're right - I have been feeling bummed out. I get depressed from time to time but I've never seen anyone about it. It usually only lasts a couple of days and then I'm back to normal. It's just hard right now because I feel like I'm always rushing around trying to get so much done. You guys can all relate I'm sure. It's just worse lately with work and end of year school stuff and not working out regularly. It helps keep me sane. I haven't had time to view the new Traci KB clip. Trying to curtail my spending. Just found out DD is taking French next year and they're going to France and Switzerland!

Laurie & Karen - I feel (and look) better with more cardio, too. Especially when the eating is under control. ;-)

Finally got a good cardio workout in last night. I did 10-10-10 cardio and the 6 circuits from Power Circuit w/o weights. This morning was GS Chest/Triceps Timesaver. DS has a concert tonight but I'm hoping to get a walk in. Missing Dojo tonight (again!)

Sue

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was a 5m run. Last night I attempted to do Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Knockout. Amy and I are not meant for each other, so I am giving up on her! :7 :7 Why oh why does she have to just get right to it. I guess I'm one that needs the repetition. :D So I took that DVD out and inserted KPC. A fun time was had by me after that!

DD15 is going to state as an alternate in the 4x800. She really would rather be running, but she knows that she is there just in case one of the other girls is sick or hurt!

DD11's concert last night was good. DD's 5th grade band was better than the 6th grade. She is not wanting to play an instrument next year. I'm not going to push it, but I told her she needs to take choir when she is in 7th grade. :D At least I know that she can sing. :D

Karen, I really liked the preview of Tracey's new workout. And I like her previous offerings, so I'm going to be getting this one. I think she clicks better with me than Amy did. :D :D Yes I will be playing VB this year, our first game happens to be on Tuesday at 9pm. I'm hoping that my knee will not give me as many problems as it did last year. My long run today was only 5m. :D That is what was schedule, so I follow the schedule. :D :D Look how close we will be this weekend. I'm not to excited about the wood/deer ticks that we will be encountering this weekend. Maybe it has been to cold for them to come out? Ya right! :7 :7

Sue, I can understand your need to watch the $. DD15 is going to Puerto Rico this summer, and I'm so glad that they had the payments over a period of months. I only have to pay for the bus ride to O'Hare now. She is going for mission work with the youth group in our church. How was DS's concert!

Susan, Hope you are doing well!

Does everyone have some great plans for the weekend, besides spending $$$ to drive up north. :7 :7 :7

Have a great weekend ladies,

Laurie

Laurie - DS' concert last night was good but my kids thought it was corny. It had songs from High School Musical and while the girls loved it, you could tell the guys were not as excited. Funny story: One of the least athletic boys on DS' baseball team danced in a few numbers and DH and I were both amazed he did so well. He remembered all the moves and seemed like he was really into it. DH said it looked like he put more time into practicing his dance moves for the concert than he's put into baseball all year! Kind of sad but funny at the same time.

I know what you mean about Amy. Her Hi/Lo Xtreme never clicked for me either and it took a LONG time to get Kickbox Xtreme downpat. The only reason I kept trying so hard is because I liked the music.

Got to bed late last night and just couldn't bring myself to do cardio this morning. DS has a baseball game tonight so I'll either do it later tonight or have a really intense workout on Saturday. Going to plant flowers this weekend, too so that'll count as a workout.

Hi, Susan & Karen! Hope you both have great holiday weekends. Anyone seeing any movies this weekend? We're thinking about seeing the new Indiana Jones movie.

Sue

Hi BB's,

Today I ran 8 miles. I went to a friends house this morning so DD5 could play with her daughter.

Laurie, come visit me if you want some time away from the bugs. I'll be here all weekend. I'd love to meet you. I believe you go right past the Rice Lake exits to get to Minong. I hope you enjoy camping, the bugs really haven't been to bad yet and DD5 and I walk in the woods everyday and haven't found any ticks yet. I can't do Amy either. I gave up on her long ago. To bad DD doesn't get to run except as an alternate. I'll bet she would rather run. Tracey's KB looks to hard for me. Glad you enjoyed your KPC. One of my favs as far as kickboxing goes.

Sue, funny about the boy that puts more time into dancing than BB. Hopefully now the concert is over he will concentrate more on his BB.Have fun planting your flowers this weekend. No movies for us but give a review of the one you end up seeing.

Hi Susan, hope you are continue to heal and enjoy your workouts.

Have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.