BUFF BADGERS 5/11-5/15

lvnascar

Cathlete
Hello All,

I'm giving a shout out to you guys, finally am taking some time to chat! With the lay-offs that happend I all of a sudden became the financial spreadsheet girl friday! At least I have a job!

Youngest is done with her dance classes, her recital was on Saturday! She did a great job. They are having some classes in June that she will probably be taking.

Oldest has been doing middle distance running, and is having shin problems again. But her coach says that she probably will be going to state.

DH has been working on my very complicated sleeves. They are going to be beautiful!

I have been doing fine and working out. This morning was Jillian Michaels - Burn Fat Boost Metablolism. I really like this workout. Had to deal with a dead mini-van when DH was in Vegas. My dealing with it was leaving it in the garage until DH got home! LOL!

I have to get back to work. I'm going to have to set up an appointment in my outlook, so I can make sure that I have a chat with you guys. I did think of you all as I was creating speadsheets though!

Laurie

Last edited:
Hi, Laurie! :D Glad you were able to stop by and chat. I know what you mean about being thankful to have a job. I have several sisters and in-laws effected by lay-offs or mandatory time off without pay. Congrats to your oldest probably going to state. My DD decided to join track a few weeks ago and at first said she wasn't interested in running - just discus (spelling?) but now she's running the 1/2 mile, too. A DH that sews! Sounds like a keeper. I remember you saying his Engineering background helped him with this. I have JM's Shred which I like and have been thinking about her new ones. Now it's just a matter of getting my butt out of bed in the morning to actually "do" them.

I did ME upper body on Saturday and a Gilad sculpting workout on Fit-TV I happened to catch. Yesterday I was busy putting photos of my trip in albums so I could show everyone at Mother's Day Brunch so didn't get a workout in the a.m. Didn't get anything in later either. My sister called my other sister at the restaurant to let us know Mom fell. She dislocated her shoulder and cut her foot and needed stitches. She went outside to the front porch to get the newspaper, slipped on the rug and somehow got caught between the doors. EMTs had to cut the door to free her since they couldn't open it without hurting her and couldn't get the door off either. Spent the afternoon at the hospital. Mom's admitted for a few days until they know she can be steady on her feet again. She's 87 and has a hard time walking to begin with. Crummy way for her to spend Mother's Day. At least some of us already had flowers for her hospital room. I guess she starts PT today.

Nothing yet today. Got to bed too late because I was watching Celebrity Apprentice.

Hi ladies!

Laurie, glad you popped in to say hi! Congrats to your DD on possibly going to state! Haven't heard of the Jillian workout, may have to check into it!

Sue, I am sorry about your Mom!:( You're right that is no way to have Mother's Day! Hope she has a quick recovery!

Today I walked for 4 miles and did the elliptical for 45mn. I hope to get a run in early tomorrow cause I'll be busy after school!

I had a nice Mother's Day! I slept a lot! LOL! I needed it though!

Still following South Beach and even though I cheated on Mom's Day I was only up 1/2 a pound.. back on track today though!

See ya tomorrow! Susan

Hi All! Last week i finished my case study for my class, so all my spare time was spent on that. Swam on Sat and it felt so good! Today I began my last week of STS! Yea!

Laurie, Congrats on DD going to state. Isn´t it fun to watch recitals? :) This past Sun DD17 was in the Mother´s Day orchestra recital. Even though they play the same songs every year, I love to watch and listen!

Sue, hope your mom´s recovery is speedy.

Susan, sleeping in is great! And don´t worry about that 1/2 pound...it´s probably gone already!

Hey there, well, afraid to say I did not get up at 4am this morning. Probably cause I didn't get to bed til after 11! I will be so happy when Summer vacation is here and I don't have to try to get up so early to get my runs in! So far, I have just walked for 40mn, hope to do pilates for about an hour tonight.

I just feel BLAH today and I know it's PMS. Ugh! Oh well, this too shall pass - just not fast enough for me!

Hope you all enjoy your day!

Susan

Morning All,

Last night I had time to workout while my lasagna was in the oven, so I got in a Tae Bo Advanced Live #4 workout which was a great time. I have not done a Tae Bo workout in a while and it was a nice change of pace. This morning was Results 10 Days Upper and BBC Upper Advanced. The lasagna was from the journal 7 day menu planner. It was very good and came in at 317 cal, 10f, 36c, 22p. Took only 15 min to assemble. :)

Sue, Glad your DD is getting into the track. I know that my oldest was just doing the distance runs, and her coach had her try the middle distance and found she did better than the ones actually pegged to do the runs. I have Jillians Shred workout too, and really like it. Of the new ones Banish Fat is all cardio (the 5th circuit in this one is a killer), and the No More Trouble Zone is weights or body weight exercises. I like them because there is no complicated moves. Or as Jillian says old school moves. ;) LOL! Hope your Mom gets well soon, that had to be scarry for her.

Susan, Glad you could get some sleep in on Mothers Day. Hope that your BLAH day turns around for you. Getting up that early is hard, I don't know that I could get up at that time.

Lala, How has the STS been going for you? Congrats on almost being done. I had planned on starting around June 1st.

Laurie

Susan - You always do well at getting something in even if you sleep late. :) That'll be nice being able to sleep later once school is out. I'm jealous! ;) When I feel blah I try to do something different (ie. try a new food, drive a different way home). I guess my "blah-ness" is more boredom with the same day-in, day-out routine. May not be the case for you. . .

Laurie - Thanks so much for the info! I think I'm going to order these as a Mother's Day present to myself. :D I was happy to hear DD was racing, too. Even though she's thin she just wasn't getting enough regular exercise.

Hi, Karen! Hope all is well with you and your family.

I forced myself out of bed this morning and did most of Ripped 1000. The cardio in this workout is so easy but good for me since I don't think I could do a tough Cathe cardio right now without pausing a bunch of times.

My mom is doing much better. She needs 24x7 care for several weeks so we're trying to get her into a good Rehab Center. Thank goodness my older sister is part-time and can handle most of the running around and paperwork. Thanks for your well wishes for her.

Hi,

Mon. I did Kettlebells and a tandem ride, Tue. did a 30 mile tandem group ride and today I will do the Results workout. Trying to take it easy. Am feeling burned out.

Sue, glad you mom is doing better. That must have been scary for her. Glad your sister can take some of the load so you don't have to do that and work full time. It is nice your DD is enjoying track.

Laurie, love lasagna sounds yummy. Are you following another rotation besides the jump rope one you were using a while ago? I have to get some Tae Bo. I have one and it is on tape. Don't have a tape player so doesn't do me much good. Neat DD will go to state. I would have delt with the van issue you had the same way you did. So DD likes dance. The recitals are fun to watch.

I didn't like the way BL turned out last night. Helen was the one I wanted to win the least out of everyone. Oh well, maybe next season someone good will win.

Lala, congrats on fiinishing your case study and on your last week of STS. What are you going to do after it? Glad you enjoyed your swim. What were your results from STS?

It is a rainy dreary day here. I will hope for some sun later. Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:
HI gang!

Well, I woke up extra early to go running and then as I stepped outside I realized, it was raining!:p Well, my body told me to go back under the covers and get some sleep, but my mind told me to get downstairs on the elliptical! So, I listened to my mind and did the Extreme Heart Rate for 45mn and then ab work for 15mn. It felt good to have it done so early!

DS has a soccer game tonight at 5:30, hoping it'll stop raining by then. They play rain or shine unless there is lightening! I hate sitting in the rain!:(

I was able to get in a 4 mile walk while DS had his soccer practice last night. I just kept walking around the track 16 times while he was busy! Finished up just as coach blew the final whistle!

You all have a great day, ignore the rain and clouds and maybe they'll go away! :D

Susan

Morning All,

This morning I got in Results 10 Days Lower Body, and after work I want to get something else in. Will probably end up at the gym going a stationary bike workout. That should fry my lower body good.

Susan, I think that Jillian will make a great MD present to yourself. If you like her in the Shred then you will have no problem in these new ones. What I found interesting was the fact that I had to go to 3lbs for the shoulder work! Lots of reps for that one. Glad to hear that your Mom is doing better.

Karen, I did that rotation for 12 weeks, and I just couldn't go through another 6 because of all the weight work. But I still do the jumprope, bike, stair and sprint work. I can make these workouts as long or as short as I want, and she gives you three different levels. I tired out the jr with CC#1, and I have to say that was lots of fun. :D Wonder how that would work with the stairs. ;) Most of my Tae Bo is on VHS! Glad I still have a player that works, because all my Live workouts are on VHS, and they don't have them on DVD.

Susan, WTG on getting that body moving this morning. I too was surprised to see the rain, just glad it had stopped for the time I walked Cami. :) I hope that the rain stops by the time the game starts too.

Laurie

Karen - I don't watch BL but I'm partial to the name Helen (DD's name). :D Do you mean you're going to "start" taking it easy because a 30 mile tandem ride doesn't sound easy to me! How do you like Results?

Susan - I hope the rain stops for the soccer game. A lot of people at work golf in the company league on Wednesday afternoons and it always seems to rain on them. Good for you for talking yourself into doing the elliptical!

Laurie - Jump roping to Cardio Coach - now that's creative!

I needed to talk myself into doing somthing this morning, too. Kept hitting the snooze but finally got up in time to do 2 miles of Leslie Sansone. Someting is better than nothing, right?

Hello!:D

Well, the rain held off until after their game, but they lost.:( It was their first game of the season so I told my DS it more like a "practice" match. He did well though.

Today I walked Ruby and later I will be doing something, not sure what! KPC, Bootcamp, or something else...

Sue, something is always better than nothing! Good job!

Karen, I find it hard to believe you'll tkae it "easy"... :) Am I living in a cave, what is the "results" workouts you ladies are doing?

Laurie, I have a Tae Bo that I haven't done in awhile myself... Hmmmmm maybe I'll add that to the list of "maybe's " for today! ;) You are doing some great workouts lately!

Well, the sun is shining today! Hope you get to enjoy it!

Susan

Morning All,

No workout yet for me, but after work I will be doing Jillian's BFBM or a Tae Bo workout. Have not decided yet. Want to get to DD's track meet too. She is running in 3 races.

Karen, I didn't want Helen to win either, so I'm with you. She seemed to be so self centered. Do you have both of the Results workouts? I only have the 10 days, I have one of Tracey's DVD's and I was so so with her.

Sue, Oh just a little workout in the morning will do the body good. :D

Susan, Glad the rain held off, just to bad about the loss. :( The Results Fitness DVD's are two different workouts that are circuit type. The only one I have is hosted by Cindy Whitmarsh and is called 10 Days to a Better Body. It has two 30 min workouts one upper and the other lower body. She does 1 min of weights and 1 min of cardio. The cardio is all athletic type plyo moves, that you can make tough or easy depending on how hard you want to work. She also includes a 10 day diet plan, that really has some good ideas for meals. I like both the smoothies and have used her ideas for the snacks/lunches for work. Have to say that it is one of my favorite short but intense DVD's that I have. Karen might know more about the other DVD if she has it.

Laurie

Hi gals,

Today I did Drillmax cardio blast, only burned in the 300 calorie wise. Seemed like I should have burned more. Oh well.

Susan, sorry DS lost his soccer game. Glad he did well though. I have the same results workout that Laurie has. Yesterday was the first time I did it. It was a fine workout. I am so so on all workouts lately. What's up with that. Glad you have sunshine today. We have clouds and wind. Where is spring? I bought the results workout at Shopko for $7.00 a few months ago.

Sue, you are absolutely right, something is better than nothing. Helen is a wonderful name. The person on the biggest loser, however, was arrogant and I didn't care for her at all!

Laurie, let me know how DD does in her races. My DD is racing three races tonight in Hudson also. I may have to get some Jillian dvds. Seems like I have so many dvds and I just don't use them, even though they are very good. I'll have to check out the meals in the booklet of Cindy's.

Enjoy your day!:)

It looks like everyone's been busy this week! Besides the STS I got in a skate and DM cardio (double cardio). Hope to get a quick run in this weekend. DD graduate from LAX on Sat!

Susan, I always thought I got up early to exercise, but 4 am...you go:). But isn't it still dark for your runs? Be careful! I, too, am looking forward to summer!

Karen,how did DD do in her races? Isn't it nice to be able to get outside on your bike now? I think we Wisconsinites appreciate spring and summer more than most!

Laurie, how did DD do at the meet? You'll have to post that lasagna recipe. It's been ages since I've made lasagna, although it must be my favorite meal of all time...can't seem to lighten it:(

Sue, getting out of bed early is half the battle!!

Morning All,

Today I got in BBC Upper Body and BBC Belly Blaster for my workouts. DH will be heading to Janesville today for their little faire. DD16 has her BF over tonight, so I'm planning on getting in the Tae Bo workout that I missed yesterday. :D DD16 did fairly well at her meet, she came in 5th for her 400 (didn't get out of the block very well), and 4th in their 4x400 relay. She also ran another race, but I didn't get to see that one.

Karen, How did your DD do in her races? The reason I like Jillian and Cindy is because they do athletic type cardio. I have not done a Cathe complicated workout in ages. I think that is why I like BC and her KB workouts. Are you getting her new STS Cardio?

Lala, Congrats to your DD on her graduation. You got in a great workout yesterday also. I have attached the recipe, and I have to tell you that my DH (who LOVES lasagna) took the leftovers to work with him. I asked if I'm suppose to keep this recipe, and he said of course! :D I thought of adding zuccini inbetween the last layers, but I knew my family would look at that green stuff and probably say EWE! :rolleyes: Or instead of putting all the cheese in one layer split it in two different ones. Just pick out your favorite sauce!

Susan, I know the other Results DVD is hosted by Tracey Stahle (spelling?) I don't really care for her style, so that is why I didn't get that workout.

Have a great day!

Laurie

No-Meat Lasagna
Makes 8 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour; standing time: 15 minutes
2 cups fat-free small curd cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 (26- to 28-ounce) jars no-salt-added marinara sauce or other tomato-based pasta sauce
12 ready-to-bake lasagna noodles
2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, plus more if desired
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley and oregano. Spread 2 cups pasta sauce in an ungreased 9-by-13-inch baking dish; top with 4 noodles. Spread all of cottage cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat with 2 cups pasta sauce and 4 noodles. Repeat once more with 2 cups pasta sauce and 4 noodles. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Spread with remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake about 30 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese if desired. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
Per serving: 317 calories (28 percent from fat), 10 grams fat (4.8 grams saturated), 24 milligrams cholesterol, 36 grams carbohydrates, 22 grams protein, 668 milligrams sodium, 3 grams dietary fiber.

HI there!

Got up and ran 4 1/2 miles this morning then took Ruby for a jaunt. She sure has a lot of energy in the morning!

Yesterday I ended up doing a Tae Bo work that I had not done in ages. It was fun and a change of pace. I find myself getting bored lately and am looking at different instructors etc... I have not ordered Cathe's STS Cardio yet...

Laurie, congrats to DD on her meet. She did well. I love lasagna!! I am going to be trying this one!:D

Karen, how is your rest week going for you? I just read an article last night about how important it is to take a week off from exercise now and then to allow our bodies to recover and repair. I think after STS you deserve a rest!

Lala, Congrats to your DD on her graduation! What was her major?? Have fun celebrating!:eek:

No big plans but yard work this weekend, pulling a deab shrub out and replacing it and adding more stuff in as well....

Have a great day! Susan

Hi

Today I did all three segments of Amy Bento's Kettlebell Dynamics workout around 60 min.

Lala, funny we did double cardio from Drillmax the same day. It didn't seem as hard this time, maybe because plyos mixed with legs like in her STS made me stronger--that's my story and I am sticking with it. I'll bet you had a nice rollerblading workout. DD came in last in all three events. That is where she normally finishes, but she keeps trying.

Laurie, the lasagna recipe sounds great, I'll be printing this one too. Glad DD did a good job in her races. I didn't order the cardio. I have so much already that I don't do.

Susan, nice job on the run this a.m. Have fun in your garden an relax. Any ideas on what I should do next week. Not sure now I have no rotatin to follow. I did circuits and cardio all this week. Want to lose a couple of pounds but not lose muscle. Legs could use some more work too.

DD6 is having a friend sleep over tonight. DS11 and DS13 are going to a soccer tournament in Minn. tomorrow and Sun.

It is windy and sunless here today again. Still waiting for spring.

Have a great weekend. Hi to Sue, hope things are going well for you and the snooze button isn't getting tired of being hit.;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.