Buff Badgers 3/30-4/3

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning All,

Today was 25 min or jumprope, and when I get home back, chest, legs & abs.

The teen party went well, but it was LOUD!:eek: LOL! Went to a Bridal Shower on Saturday in Racine, so we did end up having to drive in white out conditions. Sunday we had our families over to celebrate the girls b'days, and fun was had by all. :) Think my youngest nephew ate a whole bowl of jelly beans!:D LOL!

Hope all of you had a great weekend,

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I did STS disk 22, only 2 more left with this meso cycle. Still don't see any changes and my weight is still up by 3 pounds. I guess my body doesn't respond to this program well. Not sure if I well finish with last meso cycle. I can't lift what I am suppose to lift for many exercises.

Party went well. We had 37 people show. Have to admit it was a great time. Our pastors kid said one more person in the kitchen and I thought it would explode. Actually half the people were still in the living room peeking in while we were singing happy birthday.

Laurie, glad you had a nice weekend. Sounds like everything went well even with the white stuff coming down. Have you been doing weights and cardio every day? Are you seeing good change?

Hi to all.

HI there! Glad you both enjoyed your parties! Laurie, sorry you got hit with the snow! We had maybe 1/2" if that and it was gone by noon!

Karen, when I tend to do a lot of weight training, I too gain weight. When I got S/H and used it, I gained! My body responds better to cardio 5-6 days and moderate weight training or pilates 2-3 times a week. It seems I get more of the look I am after that way...

My weekend went well. I ran Saturday morning and took Ruby for a nice long walk. Sunday was a busy day helping DD get caught up on homework since she missed last week and helping DS with his book report, on top of all the other mundane things that needed to get done!

Was very tired when I woke up and did not want to get out of bed so I am jumping on the ellipitcal today instead. I did get up in time to walk but just not run. We are supposed to get a "wintry mix" here over night so I am not sure I will be able to run tomorrow morning either!:mad: If not, I plan to do IMAX2. Well, I guess I better get my rear on that machine! Have a great night!

Hi BB's,

Today I am going to run on my treadmill on an incline. It's been awhile, we shall see how I do. Haven't had much energy lately.

Susan, I always thought it didn't matter what kind of training I did because I always stayed the same but now it does seem to make a difference. Thanks for sharing your strategy, it seems like what my body responds to also. Hope you got everyone caught up on there schoolwork. It is a wintery mix here too. Hope you had fun on you elliptical.

Have a soccer meeting tonight and have to get home for Biggest Loser.

Enjoy your day.

Morning!

Today was 30 min TM with incline, plus Core work.

Was going to post some pics of my new dress that is being created for fair, but didn't get home from Bible class until 9:30. So I'm hoping to get something posted tonight, since I only have dance class for the youngest.

Karen, No so far I have only been doing weights two days a week, and cardio 6 days.:) My cardio is only between 20-30 min. Since I have started this current rotation I have lost 4lbs, but I won't be checking my measurements for another 2 weeks. In my next 6 weeks I will be increasing my weight days to 4 days.

Susan, I agree with you on the weights vs. cardio. I have found that if I lift heavy for my legs they get bigger. On this current rotation I have not lifted any weights for legs, but have done lots of plyo type work. I see a change in my legs. But again I will know for sure in 2 weeks. :D Just using my pants as an indication.

Laurie

Hi there! Sounds like you 2 are doing the same workout today! :D Hope you enjoy it!

Laurie, congrats on the weight loss! I bet you will have a nice surprise when you take those measurements!

Karen, did you survive the treadmill today? I am anxious to watch BL tonight too!

Well, what a dreary day it is here! Makes ya want to go crawl under the blankets! I will be doing IMAX2 after the kids get home. The only interval I really hate in this one is #5. I just can't stand it! I think I need to think more positively when I get to this one and maybe I'll have more success with it!

Have a good night! Susan

Susan, which one is it? The genie hops. I can't stand that one. Have fun with Imax 2, just did it last week.

Laurie, nice job on the weight loss. What rotation are you following?

Off to a meeting.

No, number 5 is the one where you go across the board for 7 times then you do plyo jacks, then air jacks then go across the board again.... I'm tired just thinking about it! Oh, well, off I go to face the music!

Hi BBs! Today was...sleep in! I have been just exhausted lately, so decided to give myself some extra ZZZZZsss and it seemed to have helped. Today was PT Conference so just go home a while ago.

Karen, sorry that STS isn´t giving you the results you hoped for. It seems to really help my UB, but that is just by looking, I´m not taking any measurements...and so far my legs haven´t gotten any bigger!

Glad to hear the weekend parties went well...it sounds like so much fun!
Laurie, am looking forward to seeing the dress!

Susan, hope DD can get caught up...that can be so hard. And despite being tired, you still get in 2 workouts a day...how do you do it?

Oh, Karen, I really don´t like the genie hops either!

Just preordered the next series:D:D. Was able to come up with the money (thanks, Lord!) so am using some of it to treat myself!

Plan on doing STS legs tomorrow and if I´m feeling well after school a short cardio.

Morning,

Today I am doing the last leg workout in meso 2 and an ab workout.

lala, glad the extra sleep seems to have helped. I suppose the days feel really long when you have to stay for parent-teacher conferences. I am so happy you got to preorder the new series. Glad you decided to spend a little on yourself. Have fun with your leg workout.

Susan, how did you do on Imax2. I'll bet you made it through with flying colors.

Laurie, looking forward to seeing the pics of you new dress. Is there a new avatar picture around the corner?

Have a wonderful day.:):):)

Hi! :D

Today I think I'll pull out Circuit Max. Oldie but a goodie!

Yes, I survived IMAX2. When I got to interval 5 I just told myself "You can do this" and I did it!

Lala, glad you are doing better. Enjoy your leg workout today!

Laurie, I too am anxious to see your new pics!

Have a great day! The week is almost over! ;)

Susan

Good Morning,

Today I am going for a run, hopefully outside. It's only 29 but sunny. I have to do it this morning because I am taking the kids to the dentist this afternoon. My spin bike was borrowed so I had to give it back and haven't gotten my reg. bike in the house yet.

Susan, did you have fun with circuit max?

Hi to everyone else. Have a great week.

Hi there!:D

I was supposed to get up early enough to run this morning, but I didn't! The past few days I have just not wanted to wake up! I did take Ruby though! (of course!). I will be getting on the ellipitcal after school.

Karen, I did have fun with CM! I don't do that one very often so it's a nice change! Hope you got your run in. SOunds a little chilly up there! My DH and the in-laws go up the first weekend in May to open the cabin up, put the pier in etc... Kids are very anxious to go up there! Have fun at the dentist!:p

The week is almost over! This one actually went by fast for me!

Have a great day- Susan

Morning!

Todays workout was Shoulders, biceps, triceps and core plus 25 min. of jumprope.

Busy day for me yesterday with work, so wasn't able to chat. And sorry to say that DH didn't take the pics of the dress. I asked him to do that, and he needs to because he is suppose to send them to a guy in CA. Hopefully tonight I can get him to take the pics, and post them.

Susan, LOL on that #5 interval! Can't say that I enjoy that one either. :D That one is one that you actually know when it will end. Just like in Imax with the lunges. I watch Hope, and when she starts modifying then I know I'm near the end. LOL!

Karen, I'm trying out Cindy Whitmarsh's rotation in her book. I have been enjoying what I have been doing so far. :D All of the weight work is done with DB's and body weight.

Lala, I ordered the cardio to, so now I need to hold off on some of my purchases for the next couple of months. I only allow myself a certain amount per month. Used up most of my quota for at least 4 months on this one. :eek: LOL!

Laurie

Hi! Today officially began my VACATION:D:D:D. But stayed at school til 6 to finish grading and posting grades. Decided I'd rather do that and have absolutely NOTHING related to school this week!

Did 10-10-10 and abs this am.

Karen, when is it too cold for you to run outside? And next week is your last with meso 2, isn't it?

Laurie, 25 mins of jumprope... that is tough! Do you listen to music while you're jumping? I hear ya on holding off of purchases for a while...but that 20% off cupon....:)

Susan, sometimes the best thing we can do is enjoy a few extra minutes of sleep. I always feel a bit guily, but usually it's the right thing. And then I do something in the afernoon like you do ;)

Happy Friday! Slept in and am working on a class right now. Plan on doing STS back and bis...we´ll see if I can do anymore pullups today than last week...am up to 3 unassisted:confused:. Already walked the dog and don´t know what else for today but to enjoy it.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend.:)

Morning!

Todays workout is a 30 min bike workout at the gym, and core work.

Susan, Cindy Whitmarsh is actually the one that is the brains behind the new Barry's Bootcamp, and she does the Results 10 Days to a better body. In those it is one min of cardio/one min of weights. She is on Exercise TV also. Basic athletic style cardio, which I LOVE! I have been following her workouts from the book Ultrafit:Challenging Workouts http://www.amazon.com/UltraFit-Chal...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238766036&sr=8-2

Lala, Yes I do listen to music when I work out with the jumprope. Helps with the motivation to rock out with Creed!:eek: LOL! Or Chris Daughtry! :D

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I will finish up meso 2 and do some abs.

Had an IEP for DD18 this morning so I am getting a late start. Have to get done before the guy comes to serve us papers for Lauren to appear in court for the guardianship hearing. Hopefully this will be done soon.

Laurie, have fun on the bike today. The book of Cindy's looks really good.

Lala, did you get any more pullups squeezed out today? Have a fun vacation. Yesterdays temp. was about my limit for running outside. Of course, right when I got out the sun quit shining.

Susan, hopefully it is warmer by May when the come to open the cabin. Only 34 right now. My mom and dad bought an elliptical, so I might get a chance to try one over Easter. Did you order shock cardio too?

Enjoy your day.

Hi there!

Today is SJP for me. This is one I do not do very often. I haven't decided whether I like it or not! :confused:

Karen, I have not ordered shock cardio yet, but I most likely will. Once you try that elliptical, you'll be hooked!:p

Laurie, I found her book though our library system and should be getting it within the next 2 days! It looks good! :)

Lala, have fun on vacation!:cool:

Enjoy the day! Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.