BUFF BADGERS 3/23 - 3/27

susanz

Cathlete
;)Hi there! Hope you all had a nice weekend! My DD has been sick since Saturday and is still home today. She has the flu.:( Saturday I slept in and then got on the elliptical for 6 miles. Sunday I spent the day caring for Morgan. Today I stayed home with her and hope to get to the elliptical and some pilates.

Karen, I was looking a the Cardio Coach website and I don't know which one to try!! I see you use #7 a lot. Is this the one you would suggest? Also, I see that most of them are an hour in length but wonder if I am only running for 30-45mn?

Laurie, didn't you say you purchased one of the CC's too?

Hi Lala!

Hi Sue!

I hope you are all staying healthy! I need to go sanitize my house now!

Have a good Monday!

Susan

Morning!

Today was Back, Chest Legs & Abs plus 20 min. jumprope.

DD15 placed 3rd in the 1 mile, and the 4x4 placed 3rd also. DD was the 3rd runner (seeing a trend here! :D). When she passed the batton, she was even with the team that placed 1st. She was very disapointed that the anchor didn't keep up the pace. :(

Busy weekend coming up with DD15 turning 16.:D Will probably have a house full of teenagers on Friday, and Saturday I have a bridal shower to go to, Sunday we have the family over to celebrate the girls b'days.

Karen, How did you DS & DD do at the track meet?

Susan, I have not added to my CC workouts yet, but now that Cathe has come out with the pre-sale of her new STS Shock Cardio I don't know what to do. :( The CC's I can probably afford no problem.

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today I did STS disk 19 and it about killed me. I was going down in so many areas, and I am having a hard time typing now. Also did no equipt. abs.

Yesterday went for a 40 mile tandem ride. Windy but fun.

Today is DD18th birthday today. We will celebrate it on SAt. with my DS almost 15.

Susan, on the CC, you could just do the warmup and a challenge or two depending how long you want to run and forward to the cooldown. You don't have to do the whole thing. Sometimes I even break it into 2 workouts if I don't plan on running as far. I love the soundtrack on CC7 the best. You could get any of them though--they are all great. Hope DD feels better soon. Have fun sanitizing the house. Nice elliptical workout on Sat. You are going to smoke everyone in the race.

Laurie, congrats to you DD. She did great. She is a little hard on herself isn't she? DD was not picked to go, but DS went and did his mile in 6:10 fourth from last. He has never run a race before and actually just started running a couple of weeks ago. He really didn't know what to expect and it was mostly varsity and all larger schools than ours. I think he will get better as the season goes on but I don't think he will break any records in the process. He had fun and that's what I care about. Have fun with your birthday and all the teenagers. Always a challenge.

Hi to all the rest of you BB's.

Who is ordering Cathe's new cardio series? I can't afford it. I know you snuck in and orderd it Sue and Dani. Who else is in?

Off to do more laundry--it seems it never ends.

Hello. Well, my DD12 is really sick. I will need to take her in today if her fever does not break. Yesterday it was at 103.6 but then dropped to 100.6 only to go back up. I am hoping it will have broken over-night...

I have started to feel sick. I am hoping I have not caught what she has. I am tougher and stronger so maybe it will not affect me as badly.

Karen, as for the new Cathe workouts... I am thinking about it. Haven't really made up my mind. Your DS did awesome for being his first time! Oh, Happy(belated) Birthday to your DD! 18 already?! Time sure flies....

Laurie, your DD did a great job and she should be proud of herself! Will your DD be getting her license soon?

Have a good day ladies!

Hi girls,

Today I am helping in DD6 class for a hour or so, then I will try to get some cardio workout in. What should I do today? Spinning, step, kickbox or running in 38 degree windy wet day.

Susan, I hope DD12 fever has broken. A while ago my DD6 had that same thing it lasted for 3 or so days going high then lowering only to go up again. Hope you don't come down with anything.

Have a good day.

I took DD into the Dr and they are testing her for mono and strep. We have to wait 2 days for the mono test to come back so in the mean time we are treating her with antibiotics for strep.

No, her fever still has not broken.....

I hope to get on the elliptical today since yesterday I spent the entire day at her side. She did not want me to leave her at all!

Karen, I am a big Kickbox fan!! Let me know what you decide to go with today!

Hi! Today I did CTX KB and abs. Tomorrow will be STS legs. I sure hope I can preorder Cathe´s new series. Can´t believe she is at it again...and it really looks good

Susan, I ordered 4 CCs! Have done #4 and 7. What I really like about them is that they have separate tracks so you can jump from one part to another depending on the amount of time you have and what type of run or workout you want. Hope DD is feeling better and you don´t come down with it. There are so many kids out of school sick right now.

So many birthdays! Karen and Laurie, enjoy the parties!!

We are having lots of windy rain, so my workouts will stay indoors!

Hello! DD is still home from school. Hope to have her back Thursday but I am not going to rush her. Hope Dr. gets tests back to me today.

Yesterday I went on the elliptical and used the "random" setting. Man, I felt like I was climbing Mt. Everest the entire time! Legs are feeling it today!

I have a Dr. appt for myself after school. Need to discuss my thyroid. Hope to get a good pilates session in. Looking forward to running again tomorrow morning.

Lala, looks like I will have to get CC 7!

Karen, What did you end up doing yesterday?

Laurie, hope all is well!

Have a good day ladies!

Good Morning,

Today I am doing STS Legs, and abs of some sort. Yesterday I ended up doing Imax 3 blast only premix and then step portion. Didn't seem to tire me out, could have done lots more which makes me think it wasn't that good of a workout.

Susan, sounds like you got a great elliptical workout. Bet you won't be randomly letting it program the programs anymore. The more rest DD gets if she is not feeling well, the better. Hope you get the results from her test soon so you know what's going on. Have a fun run tomorrow. Is it suppose to quit raining anytime soon.

Lala, I hope you can order Cathes new series too. I can actually say I am not interested in any of them. Another first. I have so many dvds that sit on the shelf and she already has so many with a ton of premixes, I really don't need anymore. I am sure they will be great as always though.

Boy, Mike on the BL is a sweetheart isn't he? I really didn't care last night who went home. I really don's care for either one. I would have really liked to see whinner Tara go home. I actually had to turn the sound down so I didn't have to listen to her go on and on a bout everyone ganging up on her. It's a game. This season many aren't playing it as much as a game though.

Have a good day.

Good evening...a quick check-in before I get back to work :( Did STS legs...I think it´s a repeat of last week´s, just heavier weights. I´ll wait til tomorrow to comment on DOMs!

Karen, you are in good shape...you´ll have to do an AJock mish mosh!

Susan, are you staying home with sick DD? Sure hope she gets better soon. Our weather has gotten cold again and rainy, so I won´t be running for a few days...I get spoiled :eek:

Hi Laurie

Enjoy your evening and morning...almost Friday:D

Morning!

Sorry to be MIA for a couple of day, just busy here at work! Today I did 20 min. of jumprope (which I'm having a great time with), and after work will be Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and Core.

On Tuesday DD15 took first place in the 800m and the 4x4 relay (should say team with the 4x4). She was the first runner in the 4x4. She and her coaches where very pleased that her times are coming in so good for the beginning of the season. :D Tomorrow is the teen party, so I'm taking a half day of vacation.

Karen, So you are doing the b'day party weekend too? I think this whole weekend is one big b'day party. Friday is DD's friends, Saturday is just us, and Sunday is with our families.

Susan, Did you get the results for your DD, hope she starts feeling better soon. We are waiting until June for DD to get her license, because I felt it would be to much of a distraction with her homework/sports. This way she can take it sometime during the summer!

Lala, Let us know how those legs feel. I tired out a bootcamp workout outdoors yesterday, and it was a nice change of pace. It was dark, and I still had to reference my paper. Biggest problem was my watch only lights up when you push a button, well when you have to do 30 sec of side shuffles it is hard to know when you need to go to the other side. :rolleyes:

Laurie

Hi,

Today I did All Cardio Hi-Lo Knockout--love the music on this workout and I have actually gotten the moves down pretty well now.

Laurie, congrats to DD, she is just kicking it up this year. What a start to her season. Have fun with all your birthday celebrating.

Lala, how are your legs. These STS leg workouts really seem to get the thut area good. The mish moshes are to high impact for to long for me. No running for me either. To cold and wet.

We are having 36 people Sat. night. Also, Sat. DH brother and his 6 kids are coming up to visit from SHeboygan area. I will have to work hard tomorrow to get everything done so we can visit with them on Sat. Hope noone is coming to look at my house because after 16 people are here for a day, it won't be pretty for the party.

Tonight is the track pot luck to get to meet the coaches etc., swimming lessons, DS13 is babysitting up the street and I am suppose to go to a play at the theater with a friend of mine who had an extra ticket. Also needed to make a Papaya pie for DS Spanish class and a fruit tray and dessert for track.

Have a great day. Catch you all later.

Morning!

Today was 25 min. TM and Core work. No gym for me tonight, because of the party. Will get to Walmart to get the supplies, and then head home to cook. DH took the whole day off, so he is home making the house presentable. Of course just to have it messed up later tonight!:eek: LOL! The lucky part for me is that the youngest has a sleepover party tonight, and I don't have to worry about her at all! I still need to pick up a bridal shower gift for tomorrow! UGH!!!:eek:

Karen, You and I are going to have the same fun filled weekend. I think that we are having around the same amount of kids showing up tonight.:rolleyes: Congrats on getting that workout down, because I will never try that one again.:eek:

Laurie

HI ladies! Sounds like you are getting some great workouts in, even though you're very busy! Good job!

Well, DD finally went back to school today. I talked to the Dr. on Wed. and she was very puzzled. All of DD's tests were coming back negative for Strep and Mono. However, when she was put on the antibiotic, she started feeling better. This made the Dr. think it was a bacterial infection and not a virus, like the flu or mono. She was sorry she could not give me a definite "name" for the illness. She said she had 3 other kids all with the same symptoms and she has no idea what it is. She had spoken with her collegues and they too were puzzled... I am just glad she's doing better! Now, to do all that make-up homework!:eek:

Yesterday I did an hour of pilates. When I woke up to go running I felt sick to my stomach, so I went back to bed! Today I felt much better and I went for a run and then walked Ruby. Tonight we have a pot-luck at church and a pine-car derby race. DH has been busy helping the kids make their cars. They love doing this every year.

My DH has to work all weekend. I hope to get errands all run tomorrow so I can take it a little easy on Sunday! Hoping we don't get too much snow!:mad: I think we're supposed to get about 2".

You ladies have fun with all your parteis! Karen, don't stress over all those people coming! They are coming to see you all, not inspect your home!

Laurie, have fun with all those teens! ;)

Wish your kids Happy Birthday!!!:D

Have a great weekend- Susan

Laurie, we posted at the same time! :p

That's nice that DH took the day off and is helping out at home! He gets a pat on the back from me!;)

I forgot to congratulate your DD on her great meet! She is doing awesome! Sounds like she's is going to have a great season this year!

Have fun! Susan

Checking in from home, not feeling well, actually left school early yesterday:( Got up, though, feeling better did my STS back and bis, got all ready for school, am heading out the door and realized I just wouldn´t be able to make it:( So here I am in bed.

Karen and Laurie...fun times! Enjoy those parties! How you get your workouts in with all this other stuff, I don´t know!! Do you get up early to exercise?
Laurie, congrats on DD...she is doing great!
Susan, glad DD is feeling better! And you, too!

Susan, I'm so glad that your DD is getting better on the meds. Mono has to be the worst sickness. Glad she didn't have that. My oldest had a fever once that put her in the hospital (temp at 105!) They could never determine what was wrong with her either! :) Sounds like all of us will be busy tonight, have fun at the pot-luck and the derby race! :)

Lala, Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Glad you decided to take the day off.

Laurie

Lala, hope you feel better soon! There is so much "stuff" going around right now! I'll be happy when Spring Break is here and the kids can just be away from it all for a while!

Take care!

Good Morning,

Today I did STS back and biceps and med. ball abs.

Have to get busy and clean and pick up some things at the store--everything.

Laurie, have a fun filled weekend. Glad you are getting some help with everything.

Susan, have fun at the derby and pot luck tonight. Glad your stomach is feeling better and you were able to get out and run. What was the temp.? Glad DD is feeling better. At least she has the weekend to catch up on her homework.

Lala, nice job getting in your workout even though you are not feeling well. Rest and get well soon.

Enjoy your weekend.

Hi, BBs! Just popping in for a quick hello. Looks like everyone is getting some good workouts in. If you have extra time, workout for me, too? ;)

I was so excited to get the email on Cathe's new cardio series that I asked DH for permission and ordered it right away! I was never that excited about STS. Guess I'm just a cardio girl at heart cuz this series excites me. Love the variety. Hoping it will have lots of premixes with shorter workouts 30-45 min. which is about all I seem to fit in these days - if that.

Work continues to be crazy. DD and I leave on our trip in 2 WEEKS!!! :D Oh my gosh, I have so much to do! Plus, DS has a birthday next week and DD will have a birthday while we're over there so I'm trying to think of something to surprise her with that doesn't take up too much room in a suitcase. Ideas anyone?

Have a great weekend everyone and let's hope the snow stays away.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.