BUFF BADGERS 3/2 - 3/7

susanz

Cathlete
Hi there ladies! Sorry I wasn't around last week. I took the week off from the computer actually! I concentrated on my diet and exercise and lost 5 pounds! I was happy! Now I need to keep up the momentum. I cut out all the crap and ate all fresh fruits/veggies/ lean protiens etc... I feel really good! And that was all during PMS week when I am usually eating every last carbohydrate in the house!:eek:

My weekend went well. Took the kids to see "Marley & Me" and bawled like a baby. We love our labrador and know life will not be the same when she has to go. Yesterday our DS had his last basketball tournament. They lost but had fun anyway! It's hard to play Division 1 schools when you're a Division 3!

Don't know what my workout will be today. Right after school I have to go get our taxes done (45mn away) and then DH is gone to a seminar overnight so I'll be the homework helper etc... Will probably do some pilates! That's always easy to squeeze in!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning!

I'm so sorry about last week, but that kitchen painting project turned into a major project.:mad: For three days I had to deal with the wallpaper, because the glue that was left on the walls had to get off. What a project! On Thursday I primed the walls (after DH had fixed all the problems with plaster), and then on Friday I painted. Saturday & Sunday I decided to clean all the kitchen cabinets. So as of today, my kitchen is the cleanest it has probably ever been, and it is now a pretty yellow. Can't wait to start decorating it.

My right had is all beat up from being in water for most of the week, but that will heal. I know I should have worn gloves, but I just can't stand those things. They make my hands sweat, so what is the difference! LOL!

Today I worked on Chest, Back, Legs and Abs.

Susan, WTG on not doing the carbo load!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Laurie, glad you kitchen is done and very clean by the sound of it. It seems like all projects are bigger than we intend them to be. Have a fun workout.

Susan, congrats on the weight loss. I don't seem to ever lose, just gain. Have fun with your pilates. Glad you enjoyed the movie.

lala, nice job on getting in all your workouts. Glad you didn't get as much snow as they were predicting. The shoveling went quickly, I'll bet.

Today I am on the rest week from STS. I did BL weight loss yoga and KCM kickbox 1st kickbox section and then added on her kicking section only.

Have a great day all.

Hi gang! Well, it sure is tough when DH is gone! I was busy and so tired last night! Both kids needed this and that. Non-stop! Much appreciation to all single mothers out there!

Today will be Rythmic Step cause I want to have fun and I love that workout! It puts me in a good mood!:D

Laurie, glad you like the new paint in the kitchen! Have fun decorating!

Karen, enjoy your "rest" week from STS. Doesn't sound like you rested much yesterday! :p

Have a great day! Susan

Morning!

Today I will be going to the gym to run on the TM and do some core work. Got my slow cooker working on a BBQ beef this morning. This is the first time I have tried this recipe, so I'm hoping it turns out well. Got it from one of my healthy family meals. :D

Karen, How do you like the KCM kickbox workout? I have never gotten one of her workouts, because she incorporated the step. My right knee always protests when I use the step.

Susan, I understand what you are going through with the dh MIA. :D I go through the same thing every year when dh heads out to Vegas for his yearly convention. This year he will be gone the weekend too, so it will be a long week for me. Have fun with RS today! ;)

Laurie

Hi gals,

Today I did Rythmic Step also. I also love that workout, I was singing and smiling all the way through. Was suppose to do spinning but was drawn to RS. Added on a segment of stretchmax.

Laurie, have fun on the treadmill. How far are you running these days? Has track started for DD yet? Is school going better for her? I like KCM kickbox, actually. I also like her bootcamp dvd.

Susan, are you still seeing results from doing mostly pilates? When will DH be back. Hopefully soon. Good job keeping up on everything.

DD6 starts swimming lessons tonight. Have to make it home before the Biggest Loser.

Enjoy your day. I am waiting for the warm up later in the week to get a run in outside. I think I like running outside so much because you don't have to think about anything just move your legs. :)

Good Morning! Rythmic Step was fun for me yesterday as well. I can tell I am coming down with something so I tried to "sweat" it out of me. Unfortunately that didn't work but at least I tried! My DS has had a bad cold the past few days and I think it got me as well!

Today will be Precision Pilates advanced. Karen, I am still doing the workouts from that website I had mentioned before. They perform some exercises I have never done before so it can be pretty challenging!:) My shoulder still acts up on occassion so I have to be careful of some moves.

Hope you all have a great day!

Susan

Morning!

Today I did PY4H Quickie yoga workout with Eoin, and that is all I will be doing today. I should go to church tonight, and I need to catch up on 1 week and 2 days of bible study. :) I missed the first class last week, and I was making a tired excuse last night for not getting some of my homework done. :( Bad girl! This is one of the things that was talked about in the bible study, making excuses. No excuses tonight though. :D

Karen, I have gone to running on a timed basis, so last night I ran for 20 min., but was using the incline. Track officially starts on Monday, but DD has been doing a interval/sports class three days a week since X Country ended. Yep school seems to be going a bit better, we changed her resource teacher and it is working out so much better for her. Does the KCM Kickbox use the step? So what did you think about the "to be continued" last night on BL?:eek: We where wondering what was going to happen when it was getting close to 9pm and they still had not weighted Mike.

Susan, Hope you are not getting the crud, my oldest has that cold right now too. DH thinks he is getting it also. Everyone just stay away from me please. :D Well I'm not going to be joining in on the RS fun! :rolleyes: LOL!

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Today I did BL yoga and ran 6 miles. Added on segment of stretchmax. Also had coffee with a friend.

Susan, glad you enjoyed RS. Hope you can kick the sickness before it takes full hold. Have fun with your pilates.

Laurie, enjoy your Bible study. Good you are not making excuses for not getting your homework done anymore. KCM does not use the step in this one. I was annoyed at the end of last nights show, to say the least. Come on, just weigh them in. He probabably made up enough weight for them to meet their goal so they all could stay.

Have an enjoyable day.

Morning!

At work early today, and don't have a lot of time to post because I have to go to EHS training in about 3 min. We have training all day today, so will chat with you all later.

Laurie

Hello!

Laurie, have fun at training! :p

So far I am doing well today! I will be doing the elliptical for 45mn this afternoon and some ab work. My legs are actually sore after yesterday pilates workout! I believe tomorrow morning I will venture out on my first run! I have been waiting for the roads to get cleared off and they finally are!

Hope you all have a great day!! Susan:D

Hi gals,

Today I did my spinning to CC7 and a segment of stretchmax.

Susan, have fun with your run. Glad you are getting so sore from your pilates. Glad you are feeling fine.

Laurie, hope things go well in your training.

lala, did you hit disk 11 yet? That is a doozie.

Swimming lessons for DD again tonight.

Have a great day.

Hi! Today was Imax 3 and tomorrow my last STS for a week!
Karen, sounds like you are doing a lot for your rest week. I am RESTING :D. The first week I had DOMs especially with the legs (they lasted all weekend!) but since then it hasn´t been too bad.

Laurie, having a nice kitchen is worth all the work, isn´t it?

We are in the middle of a project, too...knocked out a wall between two rooms on the main floor. Hope it doesn´t stay like this too long!

Susan, take care of yourself, there´s a lot of junk going around!

Hi,

Today I am planning on yoga and a run after I get back from helping with pictures at the Elementary school.

Lala, I saw your 1/2 pictures. THey are really neat. You look so young, I couldn't even pick out which one was you. Enjoy your rest week. Cathe said no weights didn't she? Neve said anything about cardio. Anyway, if I took a whole week off and still ate my chocolate chips, I would have gained a few pounds.

To all the rest have a great day.

Hi gang!

I went for my first 3.5 mile run at 4:30am this morning! I was happy when it was over!:p I knew my heart could handle it but I didn't know if my legs could. The elliptical being non-impact doesn't train them for that! Anyway, I finished it in just about 28 minutes. I am going to go out again tomorrow! After the run I came home and took Ruby for her walk. Tonight I will probably do some pilates.

My weekend isn't too bad, DS has a birthday party and I need to teach Sunday School. I told my DH I did not want to make any plans!

Lala, hope you enjoy your rest from STS!

Karen, have fun at the school today!

Have a great day! Susan:D

Morning!

Today I'm going to the gym for a spin on the bike, and some core work. Will be going there directly from work because DD has a nasty cold, and her coach wants her to rest until Monday.

Karen, You are getting some great cardio in on your rest week! :D So those chocolate chips are your downfall? ;) You are probably right about the him getting the required lbs. Otherwise what would the next show be about?

Susan, WTG on the 3.5m run, and in the dark too! :eek: Great job on getting those miles in 28 min.:D Sounds like a nice weekend you have planned. Happy Birthday to your DS, we have the girls B'days this month too.

Lala, I really like having the kitchen looking finished. For the longest time there was nothing underneath the cabinets, but white walls. Now at least they have color on them. The family has gone through a whole week with keeping the kitchen clean so I only have 14 more days for it to become a habit. I know they think I'm a General lately, when they don't put the PB away, and I start to ask who left it out! :rolleyes: How else am I going to get them to form the habit of putting things away? :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend! I went and ran 3 miles this morning, then took Ruby for a 45mn walk. I hope to get some pilates in later! My legs are little sore right now!:p

Laurie, it's not my DS's B-day but his best buddy's. They are going to a gymnastic center that looks like a lot of fun!

You are right about being a "general". I seem to be that way with my DD and her bedroom! I have stopped helping her keep it clean and she just gets so lazy! Drives me nuts! Then she gets grumpy when I won't help her clean it. She won't learn if I always do it for her!

Have a great one! Susan

Good Morning,

Nice job on the run Susan. Have fun stretching with pilates and enjoy your weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.