Buff Badgers 3/16-3/20

lvnascar

Cathlete
Today was Back, Chest, Legs & Abs plus a 15 min. Jumprope workout. Lots of fun, but I think my calf muscles will be talking to me tomorrow.

Talked to my Mom last night and she is now walking with a cane, and trying to straighten out her leg. With all the pain she was in she never fully extended her leg, so now she needs to start stretching those muscles out. She said that was the only part of PT that was hurting, but I'm glad that she is working so well at her PT work.

Saturday I posted some pics of my kitchen color on my profile, so check them out when you have a chance. Cami is laying on the floor in one of the pics, you can just make out her nose, and legs. :D And don't look at my sink full of dishes, no chance to get that done after having the family over. How can all those children make so many dirty dishes.:eek: LOL!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Laurie

Last edited:
Hi BB's,

Today I did STS disk 16 and will go for a tandem ride later with DH.

Laurie, your kitchen is really pretty. You picked a great color. It makes it look so bright and warm. Glad you had a good calf workout. Would like to see a close up of Cami. I haven't seen her.

Hi to all you BB's.

Have a good day.

Just a quick check in. Today was STS disc 14...really like the meso 2, especially the 1minute rest!

Laurie, hope your mom continues to heal. Will check the kitchen color later!

Karen, did you get the bike ride in? sure was a beautiful day.
Gotta go watch 24!

Hello gals,

Today is a run, hopefully 6 or so miles. We shall see. I ran 5 on Sat. and my knee was yelling at me.

Did get to go on our tandem ride. It was such a nice day for it.

Tonight is a choir concert for DD16, swim lessons and trying to get the kids home from track practice all at the same time. Should be interesting. Hope I don't forget anyone.

lala, did you enjoy 24? Glad you like meso 2. Are you feeling it yet?

Laurie, glad you mom is coming along well. It is good she is working so hard, I know some people can't take the pain and give up. They never get any better either.

Have a great day.

Morning!

Today was a 20 min. Treadmill workout (using the incline), and core work.

Karen, I know that my oldest has taken some picks of Cami, so I will try to find those to post. I hope you don't forget one of those kids either. My parents left my sister behind once. :eek: I was the one that figured out that she wasn't in the truck.:) WTG on your running and bike.

Lala, Probably another beautiful day for you also. We are suppose to get up to the high 60's today. DD had some shorts on this morning that I told her to change. She wasn't showing any butt, but I just thought they where way to short! What the heck was she thinking. Oh wait I know she doesn't think! :rolleyes: Why do teens have to be so much work! :D LOL!

Laurie

Hi everyone! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Sorry I forgot to post yesterday. I was not feeling myself in the morning and then got too busy later! Saturday I went for a nice 4 mile run and then walked Ruby for 45mn right after that. Sunday I only had time to walk Ruby for about 45mn. Due to all the thawing there were many puddles for her to run through! So, as soon as we got home, she got a bath!:eek: She is so good about getting baths though! Yesterday morning I felt awful. I finally talked myself into getting up and taking Ruby for a little wallk. After school I also got on the elliptical for 45mn. I feel better today.

This morning I did run for 4 miles, then walked Ruby and later I will be doing some pilates. I am just loving the weather today! I need to go play basketball with DS outside too!

Laurie, hope your Mom continues to improve! I love the color you chose for your kitchen area!:D

Karen, way to go on all that exercise!:D Enjoy the choir concert!

Hi Lala! Hope you liked 24!

Tonight we watch Biggest Loser and Idol, flipping back and forth! I have corned beef and veggies cooking in the slow cooker and it smells so yummy! The kids love it too!

Alas, I now need to go outside and pick up all of Ruby's "doo". The one part about Spring I don't like! LOL!

Have a great night! Susan

Today I did Step Blast, also walked Tank, but that is a daily given, and not 45 minutes like you do, Susan, in addition to your other workouts! How do you get it all in :eek: Like your green font for today!

Karen, sounds like a busy night! I did forget to pick up my kids once. Was just so busy didn't notice the time...the school had to call:eek:

Laurie, I, too, like your kitchen color...and the kitchen itself. I love the eating area with the windows.

Enjoy the lovely day!

Good Morning,

Today STS disk 17 legs. Ouch! I will also do one of her ab workouts.

Laurie, does your gym have a track to run around? Are you planning any races for this year? I managed to pick up all the kids and get them to where they needed to be with some help from DH.

Lala, Step Blast is a blast. Glad I never got a call from the school telling me I left my kids behind. Are you sore a lot from STS?

Susan, nice job on the runs. You are really putting in the miles. Any races in your future or are you just running to run. Did you get to play BB with your son? Glad you are enjoying the weather.

Have a wonderful day.

Hi there! Woke up and went for another run and then walked Ruby, again. I like this getting up early thing! Might have to keep at it. Karen, I am thinking about running a half-marathon in September, that's why I started running again! After watching BL last night, if they can do it... so can I! I had DH play BB with DS last night. I was too busy trying to get chores done. I told him I'd try to get out there today. It's supposed to be cold in the AM tomorrow so I don't know if I'll head out for a run or not. I am a wimp in the cold weather!:p

Karen, glad you didn't forget any kids last night!

Lala, Step Blast is one of my favs!

Make it a great one! Susan

Morning!

Today I'm going to the gym and trying out the stepmill. Oh I am getting so adventurous at the gym lately. :eek:

Susan, LOL about Ruby and the puddles! :D She is a true water dog isn't she. :D WTG on your exercise, you are doing great. ;)

Lala, We always get some nice sun in the mornings, but I still need to get something up on the door. It can get blinding for the person that is facing the patio doors. :D

Karen, I don't have any plans for a run, just maybe the one for the track team this spring. They do have a running tack in the gym, and I use it for my interval runs. I also do some bootcamp type work using the track. They have enough room around the track that I can get off and do some push-ups, tricep dips, etc. The only thing it doesn't have is hills, so I like using the TM for that factor.

Laurie

Good afternoon!
Susan, Keep us up to date on the 1/2 marathon...if you decide to do it and your training! My goal is a 5K!

Karen, so far I´m not really sore from meso 2. My UB, yes, but my legs aren´t...and I had DOMs for 2 days after the disk 3! Maybe my weights aren´t heavy enough:confused: Were you able to replace your van?

Laurie, what is a stepmill? Anything like a stair climber? did you try it out?

Hi girls,

Today is cardio of some sort. Was suppose to be spinning but now that I've been outside on the tandem, it will be hard to ride indoors again. Only 16 degrees here now and a high of 35.

Susan, wow, a 1/2. Cool. I know my knees etc. wouldn't hold up that long. I am amazed at the people on the Biggest Loser being able to do that. I didn't get to see the show because I was at the choir concert so my mom filled me in a bit.

Laurie, yes you are a daredevil at the gym now. How did you like the stepmill, and what exactly is it. Does DD have a meet this Sat.? DS15 and DD16 have thier first one on Sat. DS decided to do the 2 mile and DD is sprinting again.

Lala, After disk 14 was where my legs didn't stop hurting for like 3 days. I used 30 lbs. for calf raises and I've never felt DOMS like that in my calves. Anyway, yesterdays leg workout not as bad and the upper since starting meso 2 have not been as bad either. I think endurance is just harder for me. Also I can't bench press the right amount without a rack to put the barbell on. We did get our van back two weeks ago and $4000 later.

Morning!

Todays workout is Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps & Core plus 15 min. of jumprope.

Today is youngest DD's 12th B'day, and she has requested that we go out to Texas Roadhouse. She also is getting the DVD of West Side Story, and we will take her to the game store so she can pick out a game for her DS.

Lala, Yep I did try the Stepmill out and dang the legs and HR really do get a workout! :eek: The stepmill is basically a mini escalator.

Karen, I'm going to be getting a stepmill workout in more often, unless I can find some steps that I can go up and down without bothering anyone! :D I described the stepmill for lala. DD15 has her first track meet on Friday evening, so I can head to the gym right after work. :D

Laurie

What was I thinking:eek: I am feeling those DOMs today from the leg workout! And I never have had them in my calves, but sure do feel them.
Karen: was that 30 lbs in each hand?? Wow! I started with 20s but went down to 15s.

Today I did BM2 cardio...Cathe sure packs a lot into 43 minutes. Then did the plates and weights abs. I'll be feeling those tomorrow!

Laurie, happy birthday to DD12! I love birthdays, and this one sounds fun. The stepmill sounds interesting. Good luck to DD15!

Karen, glad you have your van back, you sure need it!

Hi Susan, have a good evening

Hi girls,

Today I am doing more STS and an ab workout.

Busy evening again. DS13 is babysitting until 6, then I have to pick up his friend between getting DS15 and DD16 from track practice and getting DD16 to work by 6 also. Then I have to be to a hoe down at the elementary school by 6:30 with DS11 and DD6. Tomorrow is not much better.

Laurie, good luck to DD in her track meet. I guess the coaches told the new freshman they need to go to this meet to see what it feels like to be smeared.:confused: How did DD birthday go. What did you order? What video game did she choose? No this is not 20 questins, just a few.

Lala, you are doing some of my fav. Cathe workouts. She only holds one weight for calf raises. Glad you are feeling the DOMS. I wouldn't want you to feel left out.:D For a lot of the exercises I used both 30 with platemates on them to get it up to 35 pounds. Not those plate moves though. I am lucky to get back up again.

Hopefully I get a bike ride in this weekend. Have a good weekend.

Morning!

Very sunny day on this first day of spring. I will be heading to the gym today for a spin on the stationary bike, and then core work too.

Lala, So the workout was deceptive! :eek: Now who would think that Cathe would do that! :eek: LOL!

Karen, Just your running around makes me tired! :D I'm happy that DD15 has a track meet tonight, because I don't have to run to the school until she gets back from the meet. ;) Now what a great motivational tool those coaches give to those kids.:( Coaches are suppose to always be positive, at least that is what I thought! DD12 had a great time, and I ordered a 6oz sirloin, sweet potato and a house salad with dressing on the side. :D This is my favorite meal when I go to that resturant. Of course all of us had the sirloin! :D She has not picked her DS game yet, because DH wants to help her pick it out. DH had to get a root canal done last night, so he wasn't able to join in the celebration.

Laurie

More STS--bis and back. Wow! I worked to failure!

Laurie, glad you had a sunny day of spring. It was overcast here all day and even saw snow flurries :(. The sirloin sounds yummy!

Karen, you sure do lots of running! One day it will be over and you'll look back on these days with melancholy :p;)..maybe!

Have a great weekend, all...hope to get a (short) run in...not like yours, Susan!

Hi Gang! I was too busy to post yesterday, but I did run in the am and walk Ruby. The afternoon was running around non-stop!

This morning I ran again and walked again and did some pilates. Saturday,if it's not raining, I hope to run and add a mile on maybe. It's supposed to rain/snow here tonight some time... I am really wimpy about running in the cold/wetness so if it's nasty I will do something in my nice dry basement!:p
Sunday looks kind of quiet. DH has to work all weekend!:( So I need to take DS9 to baseball try-outs tomorrow afternoon and I need to prepare for my Sunday School lesson. I should probably do that tonight! :confused:

Karen, I am glad you got the van back but too bad pon how much it cost to fix!

You ladies are doing awesome on STS! Great job!

Laurie, glad you like the stepmill. I have never tried one but they look pretty cool!:cool:Hope DD has fun at the track meet! My DD12 loves her Nintendo and is asking for a new game for Easter: a new "Harvest Moon" one I guess...

I'll check back later! Take care all- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.