BUFF BADGERS 3/15-3/19

lvnascar

Cathlete
This morning was Core Cardio and Balance, and this will be my workout for the next 5 days. Guess there isn't much variety in the recovery week, that is ok the workout is actually pretty goo. I'm sure at the end of the week I will be ready to do something different. Saturday was Plyo Cardio Circuit with CTX/MIS Biceps & Triceps. Sunday I didn't really do anything but walk the dog. This morning we heard coyotes howling. :confused: Guess they don't understand daylight savings time. :eek:

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Last edited:
Hi,

Sat. I ran 2 1/2 with DH, Sun. went for a 21 mile bike ride with DH and 2 of my DS. Today I did Max. Recovery and 4DS bi/tri.

Laurie, did you like Core Cardio and Balance?

Have a great day.

Hi there! Quick check-in before I go get the kids! Saturday was Kenpo X and Sunday was a loooonngg walk with Ruby! Felt great! Today is Core Synergistics. Still did not make it to the movie this weekend! Kids wanted to do "other" things! Oh well, there's always next weekend!

Have a good night!

Susan

Hi! Can´t wait to get outside! Sat I did my final STS meso 2 plus Cardio Party. That was my first time with CP and I REALLY like it!:D I have to admit, though, that Chalene does have some Denise Austin tendencies :( Not so much, though, that I won´t do it...there´s just a little something I can´t put my finger on...

This is my rest week and that´s what I plan to do!

Sounds like you all had a nice weekend. Karen, sounds like you were busy with all that activity!

Laurie, your Sunday workout sounds like a good one. I forgot, this is your rest week from insanity? Enjoy it!

Sue, those long walks feel great in this weather!

Busy day on Saturday so didn't workout. Both kids competed in WSMA. DS earned a 1 in C class for a trombone trio. This is only their 2nd year playing since they cut 5th grade Band so thought the boys did pretty well. DD's jazz ensemble earned a 2 in A class. "The trombones were rushing" she said. She's pretty good at pointing the finger at everybody else so who knows if this is true. Not all the kids in her jazz band showed up so maybe that's why they didn't play as well.

Yesterday I did GS Legs Timesaver 33 min. and took a nap in the afternoon! :D This morning I started out doing Athletic Step but switched over to Cardio & Weights step instead. Have only done Athletic Step a couple of times and didn't have the patience this morning to re-learn it so switched to C&W. Subbed C&W core for Coremax #2. Also walked during lunch today for 30 min.

My kids pointed out that yesterday was "pie day" (or PI day). 3/14 or 3.14. Did anyone eat any pie? ;)

Good Morning,

Today I did Hiit 40/20 and pilates from Ab Circuit. I still think 40/20 is harder than Insanity. My abs are sore from Max. Recovery yesterday.

Sue, congrats to you kids they did great. My DD made pies at a friends house and ate them. Is Athletic Step hard to learn? I keep wanting to put it in but I don't want to learn it.

Lala, glad you are enjoying your party(Cardio Party). Have a fun recovery/rest week. How far do you swim when you go swimming for a workout?

Susan, it was so nice out this weekend, kind of hard to sit in a movie. Been meaning to ask, do you think Ab Ripper is hard? I sure is nice to get out and walk again.

Have a great day all.

Hi there! Today is CardioX for me! My legs were very sore after Core Syner. yesterday. I thought it was a "core" workout!:p I think it's the lunges he does....

Yesterday my DD13 said they did a Cathe step workout for gym class! I asked her which one and she couldn't remember. She said she had short hair though! DD said she felt awfully uncoordinated! I told her I would have rocked in her gym class!:D I mentioned maybe I'd ask her gym teacher if I could join in tomorrow.... DD did not like that too much!

Sue, congrats to the kids! I knew it was "pi" day but nope, didn't eat any! ;)

Karen, YES! I think AB Ripper is hard!:eek: It really hurts my legs after I do a leg workout and add that on in the end. I think that's why I like Core Syn. better. You work your abs the whole time but not like in Ab Ripper! I am hoping to get through Ab Ripper without having to rest, by the end of this whole thing!

Hi Laurie!
Hi Lala!
Hi Cheryl!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Core Cardio and Balance is finished. :D

Karen, I do like CCB, and I would say that it has the cardio factor of MMA Kickboxing or the Boxing workout if you used weighted gloves. Because your shoulders do feel it with the burn-out section that he incorporates. ;) I would say it would be for a day you want to do a light workout.

Susan, You will be getting through Ab RipperX by the end, and you will be passing up Tony on those Mason twists. ;) DD16's class had an "old" lady (my daughters words) come into their gym class to teach them yoga. She loved it and wants her track coach to incorporate yoga into their workouts. :D

Sue, Congrats to your DS & DD. Your DD probably did know that the trombones where fast, our band director always told us what the judges wrote for the evaluation. I have not tried out Athletic Step, but I do have it on my next rotation. No pie was eaten by us, but DH is the one to mention it to me last night.

Lala, Yep my rest week is going to look like the same workout. Oh Ya! It is the same workout. :rolleyes: It is a good thing that the workout is enjoyable. :D Sounds like you had a good cardio party. ;)

Have a great day!

Karen - You make me feel good if you think 40-20 is harder than Insanity. :D Did this one for the first time last week and had my butt whipped. Athletic Step isn't hard to learn. You know how sometimes you're in the mood to learn something new and sometimes you're not? Well yesterday was one of those days. Be warned though - the cueing is not the best.

Susan - How cool that DD did a Cathe Step workout in gym class! You DEFINITELY would have rocked it!! :D :cool:

Laurie - You're probably right. I know the judge went up on stage and talked to the kids afterwards but I couldn't hear what he was saying. He sounded pretty positive though. I was really impressed with the judge DS had. She showed the boys how they needed to raise their music stands so their trombone bells pointed out toward the audience instead of down toward the floor and how it improved their sound. They were all standing which they don't normally do when they play so that's why they were doing it I think. Glad you like the workout you're going to be doing all week! (I don't think I could do that.)

Lala - Is this Turbo Jam Cardio Party you're talking about?

Did GS-BSB Timesaver 36? min. and a Leslie mile this morning. I REALLY wanted to get outside and walk last night and I did. . . . . . but under not so good circumstances. Got a flat tire on the way home, about a mile from my house. Called DH and he couldn't get there right away so told me to walk home - which I did - in shoes that aren't good for walking. :mad: Feet were sore by the time I got home. Long night. 3 hours later, finally got the car home with the spare on it. Had to call someone to help get the tire off because the last lug nut was rounded. $78 later, I now have a patched tire. At least I didn't have to buy a new one.

Hello and Happy St. Patrick's Day! I am Irish and my DH is German. I tell the kids the best parts of them come from Ireland!;) Making my corned beef and potatoes in the slow cooker! Kids love it!

Today will be Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper. I hope to get on the elliptical as well.

Sue, sorry to hear about your flat tire! It stinks to walk in shoes that hurt your feet!:( Glad the tire is fixed, hope it stays that way! What made it go flat?

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Core Cardio & Balance is finished. Starting to feel like a broken record! :eek:

Sue, Dang on the flat tire, and having to walk in non-walking shoes. Bet those shoes where off the feet as soon as you stepped into the house. Cueing is my biggest problem with workouts, if I can't understand what comes next then I tend to get mad. :mad: But I will be giving Athletic Step a try in my next rotation.

Susan, Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, since you are Irish! I have no Irish blood in me at all, and DH has the Scottish. :D Corned beef sounds really good, I actually enjoy the cabbage too.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hi! Despite a rest week, it has been too busy! I can´t WAIT for spring break!
I was happy to find out the my Bible study was cancelled tonight :eek::eek:

Laurie, is your CC & Balance lots of cardio?

Sue, congrats on the kids' ensembles. Usually the judges are really encouraging and helpful. It's a great experience. The mile walk isn't too bad, but I totally hear you on the shoes :( Don't know if I could walk a mile in some of the shoes I wear to work ;) Yes, cardio party is turbo jam

Susan, Looks like you're getting great work outs. And how fun that DD is doing Cathe!

Karen, 40/20 is a toughie! I'm glad you think it's tougher than insanity, simply because it may be saving me money from buying it:D

Hi,

Yesterday I did 4DS shoulders/ back/chest. Today I did Tonique 2 1st workout and the standing band section of High and Tight. I have also been running 2 1/2 miles every night with DH. I walk the dog at lunch for a mile.

Lala, I actually like Insanity better then the Hiit. My knees and lower back hurt after doing Cathe's and don't bother me at all after any of the Insanity workouts. Sorry.Glad you are keeping busy on your rest week.

Laurie, what workout did you do today?:D

Susan, how can you get all your workout done before you start school? Hope you enjoyed your corned beef. Still have never tried it. What does it resemble in taste?

Sue, does that Timesaver have tons of push ups in it? sorry you had to walk in uncomfortable shoes. Congrats to your children for doing so well in WSMA.

Have a great day.

Hello again!

Today is Pilates Advanced Abs and Pilates Advanced Buns & Thighs, plus I feel like doing a lot of walking!:D

Karen, I only walk Ruby in the morning. When I get home from work, if it's an elliptical day, I'll hop on before school lets out. Then after kids get home and I have them doing homework, I run down and do my P90X routine. I like everything to be scheduled and organized and my family understands... When Mom goes downstairs, do not disturb (for anything!);)

I was a little discouraged cause I have had no real weight loss from P90X yet, so I measured my waist this morning and I lost 1/2" since I started the "lean" version 18 days ago. My tummy is more toned too....

I'll check back later! Have a good day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Cardio Core & Balance :D Still liking the workout, which I'm still amazed at.

Lala, I also don't mind when evening things are cancelled, and I think even a bible study will be forgiven. :) The CC&B has about 15 min. of cardio that gets your HR up, but doesn't wear you out type cardio. I hate to temp anyone to get these workouts, but they really are good. :D I think QVC has them, and are giving two deluxe DVD's in addition, for the price of the regular Insanity. Wish I could have gotten that price. ;)

Karen, LOL! Only two more times to go, because I think when the workout appears in month 2, I'm going to sub in Max Interval Sports Training. From what I have read, that workout is suppose to be fun.

Susan, Congrats on the inches lost. That has been my experience with Insanity also. I have not lost a pound of weight not gained either, but when I look in the mirror I can see the difference. I to have lost a 1/2" off my waist. This next month is suppose to be the time for the weight loss, so we will see how that goes.

Have a great day,

Good morning everyone,

Where did the week go??? I can't believe it's Thursday and this is the only time I've posted this week! Very busy week with meetings, appointments, etc. but I am still able to squeeze in workouts every day so far. Yesterday was a rest day for me - too many things scheduled and too tired at the end of the day. Hopefully I will be able to post more tomorrow.

Bye for now.

Good Morning,

Today I did Insanity Maximum Interval Sports Training. Have a lot to get done today so that is all.

Laurie, I think you will really like this workout. Congrats on the inches lost.

Susan, I would have to workout in the living room because that is the only place to workout. It makes it hard when there is anyone else at home. You have a good system going there. The lean version is working better for you isn't it?

Off to the Dr. for DD18, Chiro, dog grooming, and then the running around begins.:)

Enjoy your day girls.

Happy Friday!:D

Today is Legs/Back and Ab Ripper. I also want to get on the elliptical. My weekend looks kind of quiet right now. Will be doing KenpoX Saturday and haven't decided what on Sunday!

Karen, yes, I am liking the "lean" version much better. Looks like you have a busy day ahead! Have fun!

Laurie, well, thanks for telling me I can get Insanity on QVC!:eek: Now I am thinking of getting it... but I think I will wait until I am done with my 90 days here....Gives me something to look forward too!:D

Hope you all enjoy the weekend. Looks like the weather is going to revert to winter for a little while. I knew it was too good to be true!:)

Hi! Final rest day for me :confused: Have to rearrange my STS because DD18, a friend of hers and I are going to Boston for spring break:D:D

Karen, It looks like you have figured out how to fit in your exercise with your job! and you are doing a lot! thanks for the Insanity info...I think;) I probably will end up getting it at some point, but not for a while. I am pretty fit, can keep up with Cathe...not quite on 40/20 yet ;) do you think I could do insanity??

Laurie, chime in here too, about Insanity! Susan, do you have it, too? I am wondering because I am a bit older than you guys so...:confused:

Susan, you are so organized! but I totally understand the "don´t disturb when exercising". My kids have had that rule since they were born!!

Hi Sue
Hi Cheryl
enjoy the "cool" weekend!

Morning BB's,

Core Cardio and Balance! Nuff said. :D

Cheryl, Glad you are keeping up with your workouts, even though you are so busy.

Karen, Can't wait to try that one, guess I could break my rotation. Nope I'm just enough of a geek that I need to stick to the rotation. :D Only one more day of CC&B, and I think that is the breaking point for me.

Susan, I don't know if I should say your welcome for helping you spend your money or not. But it is a great price. ;) The weather has to go out like a lion, because there was way to much lamb going on at the beginning of March. :eek:

Lala, Well I'm 46, and I know a woman who is 50 that has done Insanity. If you are able to keep up with Cathe, then I think that you will be able to do these workouts. If you don't like basic exercises like butt kicks, high knees, jumping jacks.... You probably will not enjoy these workouts. He does a lot of plank type work also. Everything is a go at your own pace, he never encourages you to go into your danger zone of HR. I know some people have knee issues with these, but if you are doing Cathe Hiit, then you probably will be ok with that too.

Today is my youngest DD's birthday, so I now have two teenage DD's under one roof! :eek: :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.