BUFF BADGERS 2/8-2/12

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

What a busy weekend, and it didn't involve anything to do with the house. :( Saturday I managed to get Barry's Extreme 1000, and Belly Blaster workout done. After that was DD12's dance class, and then had to get ready for my nieces 6th birthday party. Sunday I didn't get in a workout we had church, and then a faire workshop. Got home to watch the last portion of the Super Bowl. :D This morning started my last week of running Gateway to 8k, and I did that on the treadmill. Managed to run the 5 miles at a 10 min. pace. :eek:

Karen, I have been seeing the reviews on Tonique over at VF, and was wondering how they where. Still curiouse as to how often you are suppose to do those workouts. :D Glad to know that Insanity will be fun! I'm getting more excited.

Sue, How was your DD's dance date? :D This bodyfriend thing can get crazy at times. :rolleyes: A broken few broken hearts later, and I think my DD has finally figured out that boys are just plain idiots at this age. ;) At least when it comes to girls.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi,

Yesterday I did BBL High and Tight and Bum Bum and cardio core from Insanity. I am surprised how sore I got from Bum Bum.

Pulled my shoulder out using DH bowflex on Sat. so I went to the chiro. and got it put back in. He suggested no workout today. It was suppose to be Insanity cardio. Maybe after work, I'll sneak it in.

Sue, hope DD had a good time at the dance. Glad my DH made the rule no dating until 18. Saves me and the kids a lot of heartaches.

Laurie, nice job finishing your running program and at a 10 mile pace. Insanity should be no problem for you.

Susan, how is your calf feeling?

Hi Lala and Cheryl.

Have to get going.

DD had a very nice time at the dance. Her date brought her a small bouquet of white lillies. She was tired yesterday and today from all the dancing and staying up late. No pictures of the 2 of them. DD asked me not to. I did take pictures of her though.

Karen - I see definite advantages to making kids wait until 18 to date. I didn't date until I was 18 but that was only because I was too shy to talk to boys in high school. :eek:

Laurie - DD's already had her heart broken and I'm sure it won't be the last time. Boys are idiots when it comes to girls at ALL ages ;) but especially during the teen years.

Rest day today. Tomorrow morning I'll be shoveling for my workout. :( I may take tomorrow afternoon off so I can leave before it gets nasty. Wish I could take the whole day off but I can't.

HI Ladies! Didn't get a chance to post yesterday. My weekend was busy. Saturday we were gone all day at DS b-ball tournament. It was a tough one! They lost 2, won 1. Sunday was Sunday school and church, then running errands I should've done on Saturday! I was glad the Saints won the game! DH and DS were going for the Colts!

My calf is SO much better!:D I have been walking Ruby the past 2 mornings. I also started back in on P90X. Yesterday was chest/back and AB Ripper. I hate Ab Ripper!:mad: Feeling a little tight in the chest today, not too bad (yet!). I will not be doing Plyometrics however until I am 100%. Right now I feel I am at about 90% so I am going to try the elliptical (Extreme HR Intervals) today instead. My calf feels good, but when I step or move on it wrong it is still sore.

Sue, glad DD had fun at the dance. I dread when my DD will date. Life is dramatic enough without boys involved!:D I dated the same boy for 4 years, and it was tough.

Karen, hope your shoulder is feeling better! I have heard that Bum Bum is a really good workout.

Laurie, way to go on the 10mn pace! :) Boy, you'll be leaving everyone in the dust!

Hi Cheryl!
Hi Lala!!

Drive safe today (Laurie & Sue!) I am hoping they call school off early today! :D

Susan

Morning BB's,

Dang snow!! :mad: I do not like being late for work, but how can you avoid how everyone else drives. I took side streets, otherwise I probably would still be sitting in traffic. ;) Anyway I manged to get KCM's 30MTF Bootcamp Premix #1 (workout 1&2 combo).

Karen, Ouch on the shoulder, just glad you where able to get to the Chiro! ;) I have seen some positive reviews on the Bum Bum workout in VF, but I just don't know how I would be able to stand the dancing. :rolleyes: I had problems following Kelley's bootcamp this morning. :rolleyes: I'm hopeless. :(

Sue, Sounds like your DD did have a great time. :D My DD went to a winter dance a couple of weeks ago, and she said that she must have danced every dance. :D She went with a couple of kids in our neighborhood. Good idea on getting out early today, I'm hoping my boss will send us home too.

Susan, So happy that you calf muscle is on the mend. Good idea on doing the elliptical instead of PlyoX. Just way to much stress on those calf muscles with some of the exercises. ;)

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today I did Pure Cardio. Yesterday I didn't do anything.

Laurie, you don't have any dancing in Bum Bum or High and Tight or actually in any except one of them. Believe me if I thought it was dancy I would not be doing it. I always have a problem with Kelly, even her kickboxing. How much snow are you suppose to get this storm?

Susan, glad you are on the mend. I am glad the Saints won also. The only person in our house rooting for the Colts was DH. You did have a busy weekend. We had a tournament 2 weeks ago and another in a week. I don't like Ab Ripper either. I love cardio abs from Insanity.

Sue, glad DD had a good time. Lillies are a neat flower. How much snow are you guys expecting? Are you going to post a pic of DD?

Have a great day.

Good Morning,

Today I did Sculpt from BBL. The workout was different but the real test will be how I feel later. No dancing in this one either.

Hope you all have a great day.

How much snow did you all get?

Morning BB's,

On my treadmill this morning to finish W10D2 of GW28K. Can't believe that I only have one more run left. May just push the last run off until Saturday so that I can finish this run outdoors. :D

Karen, Keep the details coming about BBL, because I think I have lost more of my Bum than I really wanted to. :eek: Love the fact that I'm seeing less fat, but dang where did my butt go. :D I think we got about 9-10" of snow yesterday, and today it is cold. :(

Hope everyone recovered from the snow, if you had some. I actually fired up the snowblower last night, because I couldn't get the vehicle up the driveway. Dinner was made by DH. :eek:

Have a great day!

Karen - This is how much snow we got:
TOO MUCH!
:eek:

I'm so tired of shoveling and driving in this stuff. Can't wait for spring. Kids were disappointed they didn't get a snow day. I think we got about the same amount as Laurie said. I went to work but left early and didn't get my workouts in because of the shoveling and extra travel time. :mad:

Laurie - Hope the snow is melted enough by Saturday so you can run outdoors. Or can you just run in the middle of the street because of little traffic? Great job finishing GW28K. :D You're really great at sticking to a rotation.

Did Shred #1 and Quick Trouble Zones this morning.

Have a good night.

Hi Gang! Today I did P90X Shoulders/Arms and Ab Ripper. I also shoveled this morning for 1 hour and 15minutes. Yesterdays elliptical workout was good. My calf felt really good.

Karen, we had about 6" of snow here.

Sue, I was thinking this morning as I was shoveling (again)," I cannot wait for Spring!!" I too am sick of all this white stuff!

Laurie, I would wait and run outdoors too! Congrats on finishing and for sticking to it! Gee, wish I could lose enough of my bum to want some of it back! LOL!:D

Have a great night! Susan

Morning BB's,

This morning was a short workout so I did 4DS Kickbox cardio, and I really would like to get in another workout after work. If so I'm thinking of Hiit.

Sue, Our neighborhood isn't to bad, and I probably will get DH to put some screws into my shoes. I can also do some of the running in the middle of the street. ;) I would just like for it to get a tad bit warmer. DH bought me one of those little snowblowers that can handle about 6" of snow. Much better than having to shovel, and I can start it by plugging it in and hitting a start button. :rolleyes:

Susan, So glad to hear that you calf is feeling so good. Are you doing the high rep or low rep (heavy weight) on P90X? I was doing the high reps, because I didn't want to buy more weights. :eek: :D

Have a great day!

HI there! Today will be YogaX. I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on this one, so we'll see!

Laurie, I am going for the higher reps but by 13-14 I am really workin' it! My dumb bells go up to #30 so I am hoping that's heavy enough for now! I have the same type of snow blower you have. I really like the push button!:)

Have a great day!
Susan

Hi,

Today I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit, this is getting easier. Really felt the hamstrings, shoulders and triceps after the BBL sculpt workout.

You guys all got a lot of snow. We didn't get anything here.:) Extra workouts for all of you.

Have a great day.

Laurie - Our street is completely snow-covered so I'd need either snow shoes or ice skates (if it's slippery). Screws in your shoes? What's that?

Karen - Forgot to say yesterday that I'll try to get a picture of DD dressed up for her dance posted tomorrow. Which BBL package did you get?

Susan - Yoga X is humbling for me. Anxious to hear how you like it.

Hi Cheryl and Lala! Must be a busy week for both of you.

Did Shred #2 this morning. This workout makes me SWEAT like crazy. Going to do some cardio tonight. Maybe 30-30 (again! :D) or MMA Boxing or Athletic Step or . . . I'm so indecisive! :p

Happy Friday everyone! :D Last night I did one of the BBC cardios (the one with Barry). Since doing Jillian and Shock Cardio, this one was much easier. I'm off today to work on taxes and wait for the cable person to show up. Plan to also do NMTZ, laundry and clean my house. Tonight I'm going to see Fiddler on the Roof. I think if I get half of that done I'll be doing good! :p

Hi! Yes, it has been a pretty busy week. as far as workouts, I´m on the active rest week from STS and I usually do NOTHING, but this week I felt pretty good, so I´ve done Cardio Circuit, Cardio Core, 30/30. and Cardio Coach 7 on the elliptical. am in green bay with DD21 and 17. Took Thurs and fri off of work to be here...DD21 had a medical procedure.

No snow in Central WI to speak of.

Laurie, DH mentioned that Walmart has those things that can be clamped on running shoes for icy conditions. He though about getting them for me. I think I´ll take him up on them.

Susan, glad your calf if getting better. How did it fare on the ellliptical. although it seems like ages to you, it has healed relatively quickly.:)

Karen, glad to hear you are enjoying insanity! How does it compare to some of Cathe´s workouts? are you doing some weight days?

Sue, you are really going on that cardio :) Have fun at Fiddler...love that play!

HI there! Today is P90x Legs and Back plus Ab Ripper. Yoga was okay. I love pilates so much more that I did not feel I got a really great workout from this. The holding poses were not too bad. My calf has been sore the past 2 days. Don't know if it's from doing the elliptical the other day or not.:( I am stretching it but I did not walk Ruby this morning.

Sue, have fun at the play. Hope DD has fun at her dance!

Lala, I like your "active" rest week! Hope you're enjoying Green Bay.

My weekend looks pretty quiet! We have off on Monday as well!:) Really happy about that one! Saturday I am supposed to do Kenpo but I have not previewed it yet. Have to see how the leg is doing.

Have a great weekend! Susan

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Billy Blanks Bootcamp 2. This was the first time I have done this workout, and I was surprised that it was such a slow pace. :) Usually his workouts are so fast! :D

Susan, Sorry to hear that YogaX did not inspire you to love Yoga! :D I really like KenpoX, so hope you enjoy that one. I would really like to have Monday off.

Karen, Are you doing Insanity and BBL at the same time? I will be interested in how that rotation works for you. ;) The more I hear what BBL is like, I feel my pocket book getting lighter. :D

Sue, Yep, if you check on line, there are many sites that show you how you can put spikes in your shoes for running in the snow. It is basically small screws that go into the bottom of the treads. Simple and really inexpensive. Was that Code Red of the Barry's?

Lala, Hope you DD recovers quickly, and enjoy your time with your DD. I don't know how those slip-on's are so let me know. ;)

Have a great day!

Oh golly, what a week it has been. The silly snow on Tuesday really messed up my whole week! Not a large amount of snow here but it seemed "greasy" and slimy. Needless to say, as I was on my way to a meeting Tues. evening, I got stuck. DH pulled me out and I was only a few minutes late to the meeting but I am sure sick of winter right now:mad:

Anyway, I have been keeping up with Cathe's Feb. rotation. It's tough but I am realizing that I need to challenge myself to see any results.

Gotta run. Hope to check in more next week.

Cheryl

Good Morning,

Today I did Max Interval Circuit(60 min. of Insanity), BBL sculpt and Bum Bum Rapido(short 15 min cardio leg). Love the combination of BBL and Insanity. I am seeing great changes in my legs from calves on up. Even my arms are losing their wings. I am doing 3 days of Insanity and 2 days of Sculpt/ Bum Bum or another total body workout. These can be used as add ons to anything.

Cheryl, glad you were only a bit late for your meeting. Winter can be over any time now.

Laurie, that is odd for a Billy workout to be slow. I really thing both of these programs are great together.

Susan, did you do the full 90 min of yoga? Enjoy your Mon. off and take care of your calf. Never got around to doing Kenpo before I sold the set.

Lala, don't you love CC7? One of my all time favorites. I am thinking if it is nice on Sat. I will take CC7 on a run. You sure got a busy recovery week in. Hope DD recovers quickly. Glad you can be there with her. I actually think Insanity is comparable to Cathe. Don't know why others think it is so much harder. I like it because it's all on the floor and for some reason jumping from the bottom up instead of top down is easier on my joints. The workouts seem to go by really fast, again don't know why. I really like Shaun T. I think some of Cathe's steady state are tougher than these. I guess for a better review we will have to wait for Laurie to start them.

Sue, hope you get all your stuff done. You seem like you are really liking the rotation you have in place right now. Have fun at Fiddler tonight.

We have off on Mon. too. Have basketball tomorrow but that's about the extent of our weekend.

Have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.