Buff Badgers 2/11-2/15

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

This weekend did not go as planned. Youngest DD was sick on the way to High School Musical on ice. Good thing I had a plastic bag in my coat pocket. Thank you Cami for not doing your business that morning. :D My car isn't running right, or at least it wasn't that night. My DH's check engine light was glowing on his car. Just hope there is nothing seriously wrong with either of them. I didn't get my workouts in either. DD14 and I went to my nieces b'day party on Satruday, and as soon as we got home we let to go to DH's parents. Youngest DD was feel 100% better than she had the night before. Sunday I didn't get home until 1pm. Church, driving on glare ice to the grocery store, and then finally home. Bye the time I got home I didn't want to do anything. They have some great deals on DVD's at Walmart. I got Devil Wears Prada and Working Girl in a combo pack for $10. The girls have been wanting DWP for a long time, and I like the WG movie. So a win win as far as I could see. Last night we rented Stardust. That was good movie too.

So for my workout today I did a 3m run, and Karen Voight's Pure & Simple Stretch. I did the floorwork which ended up being 30 min.

Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did. Oh I can't complain, but DH just called and his car was $250 to repair. Not too bad.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - Ouch! on the $250 repair bill. It seems like any kind of repair is at least $100. My gas gauge hasn't worked in months but I don't want to pay $$$ to fix it when I have 109,000 on it anyway. I just make sure to fill up between 300 & 400 miles. (I have a big tank in the minivan.) Sorry to hear about DD being sick but glad she's feeling better. The roads are terrible aren't they? So thankful for my ABS and traction control. They just showed Working Girl on tv over the weekend. I watched part of the beginning. Those 80s hairstyles are hilarious. BTW, I give 27 Dresses 3 out of 4 stars. It was a fun little romantic comedy - just what I was in the mood for!

Susan - Hi! How did your weekend go?

Day 45 of 12 Week Challenge

Got everything done on my list of things to do on Friday including PLB, seeing a movie and getting the tax software loaded. The TurboTax updates went really quick. I thought I waited close to a half hour last year but I could be remembering wrong.

Had Dojo Friday night. We worked on "sweeps" which was fun. Basically, you try to turn around 360 degrees while sweeping your leg and staying low to the ground. On Saturday we went to Forms class and worked on so many different forms I don't remember a single one! I think I'm getting better at learning them though. My mind doesn't go blank when I have to repeat on my own at least. :)

Shoveled snow off our deck on Saturday and went snowshoeing for a half hour. I was sore Saturday night so did all 3 segments of Stretch Max. Yesterday I did about 20 minutes of Kelly Coffey-Meyer's new step kickbox dvd before switching to Imax3 where I did step premix (no blasts) and then added on blasts 1-5. Don't ask me why but I like doing it like this. Maybe because I can pause longer between blasts. This morning was PUB pushing myself to increase the weights for every body part. I used 20/25/27.5/25/20 for chest and back, 6/8/10/8/6 for shoulders and triceps (also 15/20/25/20/15 for triceps) and 10/12/17.5/12/10 for biceps.

Sue

Hi ladies, Well my weekend was very boring in comparison to yours! Saturday I just cleaned, read a book by the fire and did pilates. On Sunday we had church, more cleaning, and jumped on the elliptical for 50mn.

Today is an un-scheduled off day. Unexpected "stuff" came up so I hope to sneak down and do some thing later! If not, I am trying to learn not to beat myself up over missing exercise. But it is a hard thing to do!

Laurie, sorry your daughter was too sick! Also on the car problems! It can never be a cheap fix can it?!

Sue, good job on PUB! Keep it up! By the way, I forget which "12 Week Challenge" your doin'?

See ya leter ladies- susan

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was PY4H Magically Hips.

I was so cold last night, that when I went to bed I put socks on my feet. Normally I don't like socks. Cami was kind enough to keep my feet warm until DH came to bed. DH had a hard time getting her off the bed when he finally was done watching something that he DVR'ed. :7 :7

Sue, I love to snowshoe, but just haven't had the time. Glad it wasn't cold on Saturday so you could enjoy it. I would imagine that your legs where talking to you. Your feet weighed more than they usually do. :D Awsome job on PUB. Do you have the platemates to go to 27.5 lbs? I need to get me some of those. :D

Susan, I agree that it is hard not to beat yourself up when you miss a workout. I do that to myself too. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie - I have 2.5 lb. platemates but DH and I invested in some adjustable dumbbells 8 years ago. They go up in 2.5-5 lb. increments so we have 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 17.5, 20, 25, 27.5, 30, 35, etc. up to 50 pounds. Using the platemates on them I can also get 22.5, 32.5, 42.5 and 52.5. For convenience sake, I also have extra 5, 8, 12 and 15 dumbbells for workouts like PUB where I can't switch the dumbbells quickly enough. So I guess I'm ready for STS - all I need to do is order it. Nope, I haven't done that yet. I had decided to spend my money on other workouts but after seeing the blog pictures I'm starting to reconsider. When they announce the next price increase I'll have to decide.

Susan - I hate it when life interferes with my workout schedule! ;-) Because we always seem so busy I stopped taking planned rest days (unless I'm tired and need to sleep in) because it seems something will come up on its own and cause me to miss a workout. I'm doing a Body for Life 12 Week Challenge. I've lost 10 pounds since 12/29/07 but that included about 3-4 pounds post-holiday lbs. I'd like to lose 18 more but I'd be satisfied losing 5 more over the last 6 weeks since I lose sooooo slowly.

Day 46 of 12 Week Challenge

Slept in today so no workout. I have a mammogram after work so depending what time I get out of there I'll either go to Dojo and go home and do cardio. Or shovel - who knows!

Sue

I did BFL about 6 years ago. I lost 15 pounds and 11 inches. I still have the book actually. Maybe I'll pull it down and have another look through it...You are doing a great job!

Today was Cardio & Weights. I really like the AB workout on this one. I like the music on the cardio as well. Tomorrow I have errands to run after picking kids up but will be doing Pilates on the Ball later!
We are supposed to get 4-8" of snow Wed into Thurs. Not looking forward to that! x(

Morning BB's,

Another slow day into work this morning. x( But I did manage to get in 1.5m run on TM and I did half of Legs & Back workout. Will finish up after church tonight with the rest and some ab work.

Susan, I saw that you where to get most of the snow in the latest snowfall we are suppose to be getting. I saw on the news this morning that they said we have 5 more weeks of winter. I'm hoping that is the case. I get all the bills for snowplowing here at work, and we have passed the 07 total $, and I still haven't seen the bill for last Thurs snowfall. x(

Sue, When I was doing B&B I need to up my weights, but I don't think I can go from 15lbs to 20 lbs for biceps. Maybe getting those platemates will be better. Do they only sell them online, or would SA or Duhnman's (spelling!!) carry them too? I have to get a mamo done here soon too. x(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hey girls!! I miss you guys. I"m so sorry I can't post much now. Tax season is just awful. I've been (barely) keeping up with my exercise. I'm not gaining weight but I'm not losing either. I'm actually okay with maintaining during tax season. 2 more months and I can really hunker down.

I'll be back regularly then too!
Jill

Susan - Thanks.:7 I'm with you on the snow. I hear forecasts calling for more snow and want to cry. Keeping my fingers crossed that the weather people are wrong and we don't get much if anything. I like Cardio & Weights, too and do the step only premix a lot.

Laurie - I had a long commute this morning, too! Only thing I can figure was that the sunshine reflecting on the snow was causing people to slow down. I know I yelled at a couple of drivers in front of me going 10 miles below the speed limit. }( We bought those platemates so long ago I can't remember where we got them. I know DH bought them and they were expensive and I thought unnecessary at the time. Now of course I love them and use them all the time. :) I'll see if DH remembers where he got them.

Jill - Hi there! We miss you, too. :) Hang in there - April 15 will be here before you know it. :)

Did Cardio Fusion Mixed Cardio premix 41 min. this morning. Hope to do more cardio tonight. Dojo was an easy workout last night. Got all excited when he asked us if we wanted to work hard because that usually means I'll sweat a lot and I didn't.

Have a good day.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Happy Valentines Day to all.

Today was KPC without Abs.

Have an appointment for my hair tonight. So nothing exciting at our house. I did make DH some Cherry Cordials, and they are tasty. :9

Sue, It was nice to see the sun again. Guess that was a one day thing. Will have to check out those platemates, because I think I will need them for STS. :D

Susan, Hope you don't get too much snow. But then it seems that your area has already started, so hope the totals are not what was expected. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

DH left some silk roses and a card on the kitchen table for me this morning. Pretty funny that we both thought they were real when we first saw them. I thanked him when he got up later to go to the Y and then when I got in my car I found a real rose on the seat along with a vase so I took it to work. I think he snuck out and bought it while I was doing my workout. What a sweetie! No plans tonight. DH wants to take DS to the Y to work on his pitching. No biggie. It's my favorite tv night (Survivor and Lost) and I'd rather go out on a weekend anyway. Another "gift" he gave me is rights to pick the next movie we see.:)

Susan - Hope the snow isn't too bad up by you. Any plans tonight?

Laurie - DH said he bought the Platemates at either a fitness store in Delafield (I-94 & Hwy 83 in the little strip mall close to Target but I don't think it's there anymore) or the one at I-94 & Hwy F. He said the dumbbells were from one store and the platemates from the other but he couldn't remember which. I think they make different size platemates, too. The ones we have are meant to be used with plates but they work with our adjustable dumbbells because the sides are big enough. I agree they would be a wise investment for you for STS.

Did PLB this morning. The floorwork was easier this week than last week but I expect to be very sore tomorrow.}(

Sue

Hi BB,s,

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Valentines Day. It sounds like you are all doing well and working hard. Keep it up.

Take care,

Karen -

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too! :) We miss you but totally understand that people have lives outside the forum, too. Not me apparently! LOL I go thru withdrawal if I don't get to logon after a couple of days. Anyway, glad to hear from you. Take care.

Sue

Happy Valentines Day Ladies! There is so much snow here I don't even want to talk about it!x( We have a 3ft drift at the end of the driveway...

I am going to be getting on the elliptical today for 50mn.

Sue, you have a very sweet hubby there! No, we have no plans tonight. Other than blowing out our driveway! How romantic! :p

Karen, glad to see you still check up on us! We miss you and hope all is well!

Take care- Susan

Happy V Day ladies!

I thought of you all this morning. I popped Cardio & Weights in planning to do the compound heavy weight premix. It has a scratch and freeze. I almost cried!! You all know how much we have invested in our workouts. I am glad that I just heard recently that Blockbuster has a service to remove scratches. I'm going to try that. And cross my fingers.

Looking forward to Lost tonight!
Jill

PS----I didn't quit-I pulled a different workout out this morning!

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was X Stretch.

Glad to see the sunshine again, but dang it can be hard to see while driving. :D Last night I went to get my hair colored, and I was making a left turn. The car started to slide into a skid. Panic for a brief moment, and then I put my foot on the gas, and got the car out of the skid. Felt good that I didn't end up in the ditch. :D

Sue, Very nice of your DH to do those thoughtful things for you. Thanks for the info on the platemates. I will do some calling around, and see if I can find those stores. Or maybe go on line, and see where they are selling them in this area.

Karen, Glad to see that you checking in. And I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day too.

Susan, Did you get that snow drift tackled! I'm hoping that they are wrong about the system that is coming on Sunday. I think we all have had enough of this white stuff.

Jill, Glad you where able to still get a workout in after the scratched DVD. Hope that you are able to get the scratch taken care of.

Have a great day,

Laurie

Hi there!

Yes, I got that drift tackled! My shoulder and back is a little sore today! This morning for some reason I decided to run instead of walk with Ruby. We had a great time. She ran really well and my heart, lungs and all felt great. I think I might have to take up running again! We ran for only 30mn though cuz my hamstrings were starting to get sore!

I rented Stott Pilates Advanced Mat Workout from our library. I am going to try it today. My weekend ahead is another quiet one. DH has to work again. I am hoping and praying the snow will miss us!!

Take care- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.