BUFF BADGERS 2/1-2/5

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Well yesterday I was in an organizing mood so DH and I spent the day in our bedroom sorting through the closet, and getting rid of clothes that we don't wear. We also spent some time at Home Depot selecting new wall colors for our room. :D Pushed my run to this morning, so I finished W9D1 of GW28K on the tredmill. This week is steady state for two 25 min sessions. I kept the tm at 6.3 again, and this time it seemed to be easier. :D When I get home I would like to get in Barry's Bootcamp Extreme 1000.

Sue, WTG on getting those extra 20 lbs off. You have been working hard, and that counts for when you don't eat that well. I don't eat the best, but I sure can see the changes going on in my body.

Susan, Oh so sorry to hear that you hurt your calf. I have no good advice except ice and time. :( So many exercises use that dang calf. Fast healing vibes are being sent ;)

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Hi there!

Yeah, calf is still not good. Spent Saturday and Sunday keeping it elevated, iced and compressed. Was able to hobble around at work today but am glad to be home to ice it again. I am able to do little stretches, pointing and flexing my toes. I have read that I should increase the stretches every day. Hoping it wasn't a bad tear and only a minor one. Only time will tell though!:(

Laurie, what color did you choose for the room? Great job organizing! I need to do that to the kids closets!

Hope you all had a good weekend!

Susan

Susan - Sorry to hear the calf still hurts but it sounds like you're doing all the right things. Hang in there!

Laurie - The 1st week of Jillian's Slimdown really wiped me out. I think it's all those shoulder and tricep exercises. I can see why you said your shoulders had great arm definition. Rest day today and I'm so glad. Ready to start week 2 tomorrow. :D

Hi,

Today I did Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance. I love Insanity!!! Did plyo cardio circuit Friday and nothing over the weekend.

Laurie, nice pace on your treadmill run. Glad you are seeing such great improvements in body shape and speed in running. What colors did you decide on for your room.

Susan, sorry about your calf. Hope it heals fast. How long does something like that usually take to heal?

Sue, great job on your rotation. Hope you see great results.

Have to get going.

Had a restful weekend. Did MMA fusion...it´s a good workout for when I don´t want to work really hard! Then went ice skating for a while...that was fun! DS 23 came home for a short visit.
Today was STS 10...next week my rest week :D

Susan, sorry to hear about your calf...it can be so hard to do the RICE...especially the R part!!

Laurie, nice job on the running. That program sounds good and when the weather improves, I just might try it!

Karen, seems like you´ve found a good time to work out. Glad you are liking the insanity!

Sue, Did I read that right...you´ve lost 20 lbs!!??? You go!!

Was able to do a bit of light stretching for the calf tonight. From what I have read, for a mild tear it can take 1-2 weeks and for a moderate tear it can take 1-2 months and for a level 3 tear it can take 3-4 months! I am hoping it was a mild one! The fact that I was able to do some easy stretching with it tonight is a good sign I think. I read that it is good to start stretching it asap to keep it loose and flexible.

Karen, I didn't know you got Insanity!! Lucky girl! Glad you are enjoying it!!

Lala, I have not been ice skating all winter! :( Glad you got to spend time with your DD!

Sue, glad you're enjoying the new rotation! Jillian has a way of frying the shoulders doesn't she?!

Have a good night! Susan

Morning BB's,

Well I was a bit tired last night, so did Barry's Extreme 1000 workout this moring, and will think about a kickbox workout for this evening. Only burned 215 cal on the Extreme 1000 (all tubing work), so need something else to burn some calories. :D I have not done a kickboxing workout in a while.

The colors we purchased for our bedroom were a dark plum color (which will be put on the ends of the room), and a light green (this will go on the inside walls). I have material for curtains in a light plum/green stripped color, and they have a comforter at Wallmart that will go perfect in the room in a green. :D I have to save my $ to purchase that, but the room will not be done for a while yet.

Susan, I'm crossing my fingers that you only have a mild tear so that you heal fast. ;) My New Years Resolution is to get the house organized by the end of the year, so I'm starting out with the closets.

Sue, You should see some great results, and yes the shoulders do get worked really good. It's amazing how your endurance improves with this rotation though. ;)

Karen, Congrats on getting Insanity. I'm getting my brain ready for it, so I have been trying out the Nutrition guide. Really easy recipes, and so far the family is enjoying the evening meals. Had the Cirtus Baked Chicken and Glazed Carrots last night, and both the girls liked it. :eek: :D Since I have been doing cardio heavy workouts, it seemed that the amount of food would be just fine for me.

Lala, I saw some kids out on the ice in our neighborhood on Sunday night. It sure looked like they where having a great time. I am not very good on skates, but my DH is very good. I figure anyone that can skate backwards is very good. :D I have tired the running programs Couch to 5k & Gateway to 8k and have improved on each one. I'm going to be doing the Freeway to 10k after Insanity, and by that time the weather should be better for me to run outdoors. :D

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Lala - Yep, you read right. Over the past 2 years I managed to gain 20 big ones. :mad: And I was already overweight before that! :eek: My next goal of losing 10 more will get me closer to my ideal weight but quite frankly I'm not sure what my ideal weight should be anymore. I want to look good (yes, I admit to vanity) but I don't want to spend the rest of my life depriving myself in order to maintain a weight that's too difficult either. Who does, right? I guess I'll take it pound by pound.

Laurie - I think adding the HIIT workouts and going heavier with the weights (I've been using 5s, 8s and 12s - mostly 8s) has made this rotation even harder. Am I crazy for wishing it had more lower body work? :confused: Your bedroom colors sound very pretty.

Karen - I'm not surprised you're loving Insanity. You're in great cardio shape and found something to challenge you.

Susan - I think being able to stretch it is a good sign, too. So you actually heard a "pop"?!

This morning was Shred #1 and snow shoveling. Tonight I want to do a HIIT - either 30-30 or something else. Jimmy the Groundhog, who lives in my hometown of Sun Prairie, didn't see his shadow this morning which means an EARLY SPRING! :D Hope he's right. I don't want to shovel much more this season.

Hello everyone,

Can't remember the last time I posted - been busy getting tax stuff together. Well, DH is gone to the accountant and DD is gone to school! I am home alone:D And, I am in a cleaning mood - house, watch out! I finished the January rotation, printed out the February rotation, did a short gasp of fear and jumped right in. Took measurments yesterday so I can track all my hard work and sweat. Have to make this a short post since I have so much planned for today while I am alone. More tomorrow.

Cheryl

HI gang! Every day is a little easier with the calf. Still cannot have any forward flexion with the foot or I have a big pain in the calf. Yes, Sue, it actually made a loud "POP" sound and then I felt the pain. I had to wait a beat and wonder "What made that noise?" They say the pop is the muscle pulling off of the tendon! My friend said hers made the same sound when she tore hers last year. It took her about a month before she was able to do intense workouts. :(

Sue, I agree we have to think about how much are we willing to give up in order to maintain a certain weight? Me, I just want to feel better in my clothes. The scale doesn't mean too much any more. So why am I such a slave to it? LOL!;)

Cheryl, glad you checked in! Good luck with your new rotation!:)

Have a good night! Susan

Today was my second time with 40/20...not sure it was any easier :confused: It truly is a killer! Those who are putting all of these HiiT together, well, all I can say is :eek::eek::eek:

Susan, sure hope you´re calf heals soon. It is such a bugger to have an injury. for me the hardest thing is to give myself time to heal. Do you think swimming would be OK for it in the meantime??? Maybe a nice trip to the spa!!;)

Sue, I can understand the conflict. I have this love/hate relationship with the scale...and I don´t like to deprive myself, either. You´ll figure it out...and when you do, let me know :)

Karen, are you following the diet in insanity? Sounds like it has some good recipes...according to Laurie!

Laurie, I think the colors sound lovely! And it really can be fun to see the transformation...I like to see it, not do it!!

Cheryl, I´m a couple weeks behind you in the rotations...you are doing the STS 3.5 month, right? I´m finishing this week and next week is a rest one for me.

Hi,

Yesterday I fit in a spin session for 30 min. during lunch. Tried my dvd of Insanity but it didn't work. After trying for 15 min. I gave up and since I was already dressed in workout clothes I jumped on the only thing I have that I don't need a dvd for. Today will be Insanity all cardio at lunch. (I hope)

Lala, I am not following the plan in the book nor am I even following the rotation yet. I am just trying to fit in my workouts at this point. 4o/20 is an awesome workout. I don't know how people string them together either.

Susan, keep icing and resting your calf. Hope you feel better quickly.

Cheryl, let us know about how many inches you lose on this rotation. It looks like a good one.

Sue, you are awesome. That is a lot of weight to lose. Nice workouts you have been doing lately. YOu seem to really like 30/30.

Laurie, the colors you picked out sound very pretty. I am glad you liked the chicken and some of the receipes in the meal plan. Always nice when the kids like it too.

Enjoy.

Morning BB's,

This morning was W9D2 of GW28k on the treadmill. It was a tough workout, because I think doing a workout last night made my legs a little more fatigued than normal. :rolleyes: Last night I did Kimberly Spreen's Kickbox Bootcamp, forgot how many lunges/squats she does in that one. :eek:

Sue, I added in running to that rotation, so adding the Hiit is a great idea. I didn't reduce my upper thigh area, but my hip area went down by 3/4". I think a lot of the thigh was water retention with all that plyo work you are doing. My advice (if you can make it through the 30 days) is keep up with it, because it will give some great results. And of course doing the workouts with the extra weight will burn more calories. Make sure you are eating enough also. I had to up my calories to around 1800, otherwise I was starving. ;) Gosh I hope that winter is short this year. :D

Cheryl, I think my family is afraid of my cleaning mode. :D Sounds like we are in the same mood, I've got plans to rent a rug cleaner next month to get all our carpets cleaned. :D

Susan, OUCH!!! I had a quad muscle POP on me during a softball game. I will never forget how that felt.

Lala, I was tempted last night to try out one of the Hiit workouts, but so wanted to do some punching. :D Will take some pics of the completed room, so you can see the results. ;) I wouldn't even think of stringing those three workouts together. :eek:

Karen, I take it you are still having problems playing your DVD's. :( Well at least you where able to spinn the frustration away. :D Last night I made pancakes for the family, and I had an omlet. They loved having breakfast for dinner. :D Of course the girls had to have chocolate chips in their pancakes. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Laurie - I've been eating 1500-1600 calories with a higher calorie day thrown in there occasionally for sanity sake. I've noticed I'm more tired and the muscles - especially tris, bis and shoulders are more fatigued. I sure am going to "try" to stick to it for 30 days. It's hard to stick to the same few workouts for 30 days.

Karen - Yes, I like 30-30. Maybe because each time I do it, it gets easier and easier. :D Haven't tried the other HIITs yet. Maybe it's time I do.

Hi to everyone else!

I did 30-30 last night. Did all the high impact without modifying so we'll see if my knee starts hurting today. Usually that's a sign to ease up. This morning was Shred #2. I'm wishing now I could keep doing Shred #1 instead. :p

Hi Ladies! Very busy day today. Calf was pretty good! My walking pace is less "limpy". I just have to watch it cause I can't push off with the front of my foot or I get a sharp pain. I am still doing my stretches and am hoping I can at least take Ruby for a walk within the next day or 2. Right now I would not be able to keep up with her!:p Hoping to try YogaX this weekend. Laurie, would that be "doable" do you think?

Karen, hope you enjoyed your spin today!

Sue, I bet you are going to love the results you get form the rotation!

I saw people jogging today and I wished so badly I could do something like that! I can't wait until I can have a good, hard workout again!!!:eek:

Have a good night! Susan

Today was sts disk 10.
Susan, take care of yourself...don´t let those joggers tempt you too much;)

Karen, good that you got in your spinning. Sometimes it can be so frustrating to have to change plans.

Laurie, I love breakfast for dinner! Purposely bought some day old french bread to make overnight french toast.

Sue, hope the knee held out with the high impact. Although killer workouts, those HiiT are fun!

Morning BB's,

This morning was Bootcamp! :D I remember when I first tried this workout, it was so hard I couldn't even get through some of the cardio. Totally different experience today. I love how my endurance has improved. ;)

Sue, You can do it, and I agree with you on sticking with Shred 1. But I like the push-ups in Shred 2 better. :eek:

Susan, I think that YogaX is doable, but watch some of the poses like the warrior, because you really put weight on your leg. Chair pose might cause some problems also, just make sure that you do the most simple one or just don't do the pose if it starts to hurt. The last portion is all stretches, so just try what feels comfortable for you.

Lala, I LOVE overnight french toast. :D Never think of doing that to speed up the day on a Saturday morning. Will have to pull my fav. recipe out for that one. ;)

Have a great day!

Susan - Reading about your hurt calf reminded me of my niece who is also having trouble walking. I feel for both of you! Two weeks ago my niece had redness and swelling in her calf. Went to the doctor and found out she had a blood clot. She's only 19 and goes to UW-Madison so not being able to walk very far without pain makes it hard to get to her classes. My sister arranged for a bus to transport her to classes which helps but she still has to take the shots and have her blood levels checked. I'm hoping both of you are better soon!

Laurie - Yes! The pushups in Shred 2 are easier.

Cheryl - I have to install Turbo Tax this weekend so we can get going on our taxes, too. Thanks for the reminder!

Lala - The knee held out so I'm guessing that carrying around 20 fewer pounds is helping with my ability to do high impact. Good news. :D

Was too tired this morning to workout so will do Quick Trouble Zones tonight. Today I plan to do a power walk for 30 min. during lunch. My walking partner is on vacation so yesterday I brough my iPod and walked by myself. Got a good, fast-paced walk in and it felt great. Plan to do the same today since I won't have time tonight to add on cardio.

Today was my first time with Athletic Step...how fun! and Laurie, I have to agree with you that my endurance has improved...I think the HiiT has helped!

Sue, did you walk outside? It was so nice after work today!

Hi everyone...and have a good weekend!

Hi,

Today I did Plyo Cardio Circuit. The second time was not any easier than the first.

Lala, glad you liked the step workout. Was it a good workout for a shorter time frame?

Sue, glad your knees held up under the Hiit. Glad you are getting some good walks in.

Susan, hang in there. Hope you continue to see great improvements. You will be better soon and running with the best of them.

Laurie, I'd love breakfast for supper. Don't think the rest of the family would go for it though. Are you talking about Cathe's original Bootcamp?

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.