BUFF BADGERS 12/3-12/8

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be Kenpo X for me. After getting home from work on Friday I couldn't get my car into the driveway, and I couldn't leave it on the street. I started to shovel enough of the driveway out to get my car out of the street. 1-1/2 hours later I had the car in the driveway. The neighbor came over and finished the rest of the driveway for me. After that I was so cold and tired no workout for me. But got those workouts in on Saturday.

We went to A Christmas Carol yesterday, this was my second time. :) I thought it was even better this time. I even shead a tear when they brought out Tiny Tim's coffin.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hello, Laurie! Where are the rest of the BBs today? Christmas shopping? Baking? Decorating? Writing out cards? So many things to do this time of year. . .

My, my, my . . . you had quite a workout Friday night digging out. I'm glad your neighbor came over to help. I love your 3fatchicks ticker but don't know where you're hiding the 15 pounds you want to lose. ;-)

I started Cathe's December rotation on Saturday with GS-Legs. My calves and inner thighs are still sore. Yesterday was Drillmax Timesaver Cardio Blast (fun!) + LIC Abs. Today was GS-BSB. I'm enjoying the shorter workouts:)

Feels a little weird to be back at work today. The last 2 weeks I've only worked 2 days each week and I'm off tomorrow afternoon again! (Kids have early release.)

Have a good Monday everyone!

Sue

Sue, I was wondering where everyone was too. It seems we always have 10lbs to lose, and I have gained about 5 extra over the last 3 months. I got off the good eating bandwagon. I have been getting better this last week, and plan on only being bad during Christmas.

Laurie

Make mine 20 (or more) extra pounds to lose! LOL I decided to start my New Years resolution early though rather than doing more damage this month will all the parties and goodies available. It's especially tempting today since my boss brought in really good donuts for her birthday. }( So far, so good. :)

Sue

Hi BB's

Not morning. I had a busy day. Unexpected call to go for lunch and grocery shopping, gymnastics and then it was supper already. I did do Body max 2 scrambled eggs before leaving.

Laurie, sounds like fun shoveling. How much did you end up getting? Are you liking the P90X?

Sue, I thought of doing the December rotation but I don't do well following a rotation. It must be hard going back to work when your out of the habit of doing it. It seems like the longer you don't do something the harder it is to get back to it again.

Have a great day everyone.

12/5

Morning BB's,

Today will be Chest & Back and Ab Ripper. Did Kenpo yesterday and I enjoyed the work out. He says that you are suppose to stay in your zone, but my zone fell during the blocks. I must be doing something wrong. Tony's heart rate seemed to be way up there.:D

Karen, They say we had about 13" of snow where we where. But some of the drifts in the driveway where up to 2'. My girls had a great time with the next door neighbors. They have a snow fort. :)

Have a great day,

Laurie

Hey, Laurie - What are blocks? Maybe you're just in better shape than Tony! ;) I think you mentioned the intervals were only 30 seconds so maybe they're not long enough to get your HR up. I don't know. Are other Cathe folks challenged by this workout? Maybe they do the workout differently somehow.

I did LIC Premix: Cardio Timesaver Blast + 200 crunches, 2 minutes bike maneuver, 1 minute prone plank. Did I say LIC was easier? Well, doing the cardio back-to-back in this premix really makes a difference. It's tough. At least it was tough for me this morning.

Kids have early release today so I'm leaving work now. DD has a band concert tonight so it's a busy night since you have to get there 45 min. early to get a good seat. x(

Have a good one!

Sue

Hello Ladies! I was busy yesterday so I didn't get a chance to post, or work out!x(

Today is CTX Power Circuit. I was going to do the same rotation I did last month again. However, after looking over my Hoilday schedule,both children's birthdays the week of Christmas, I decided to go a different route!

Last month a lot of the workouts were about 1-1.5 hours. This month I am going to do one body part per day and then 30-45 minutes of the cardio of my choice.

Have a great day! Susan

Hi BB's

I posted before and forgot to actually hit post. I guess I'll start over. I went to Eau Claire today but I did get Drill Max in before I left.

Laurie, You are just in such good condition, Tony can't even keep up. Glad you are liking the series so far. I'll bet the girls are having a blast with the snow fort. I know my kids would love it. We barely got an inch.

Sue, Have a great time tonight. I really want to get more use out of LIC, so I will try the premix you did today, tomorrow. It sounds like you are liking the shorter workouts.

Susan, I bet you get a great workout with one body part a day and that much cardio. Let me know how it works for you. I like rotations doing one part a day.

Have a great night or depending when you read this morning. I'll try to post earlier tomorrow. It's just not the same not posting in the morning.

12/6

Hi there!

Well, it was actually a bit warmer out this morning! That was a nice surprise!

Today will be CTX Kickbox.

Have a great day!
Susan

12/6

Happy St. Nick's Day!

Hope all the mommies out there remembered to stack the shoes with goodies. We never had St. Nick's as a kid. I think it was just too hard getting 12 pairs of shoes together. :) Mom just put out candy in a dish for everyone to share.

This morning I did Butts and Guts Premix: Standing Glutes plus Abs Timesaver. The abs were the bonus stability ball abs which I hadn't done before and I really enjoyed them. I was kind of dreading doing tons of pikes and roll-ins but pleasantly surprised to find none of those in the workout.

Have a good day everyone.

Sue

12/6

Morning BB's,

Yes, I remembered St. Nick's :D . Of course DD9 wasn't going to let me forget that one. She even had me buy a candy cane for St. Nick. As a child St. Nick never came to visit us, he only came to visit the Catholic children. :eek: :D

Today will be PlyoX. I used a heavier band yesterday for the back work and I'm feeling my back more today that I did last week, so I'm guessing that is a good thing.

Sue, the blocks in kenpo are punch blocks. One thing Tony is good at is making you think you could really beat someone up. }(

Karen, it is really nice having the snow around. Not only does it keep the girls busy, but the lights on everyones homes looks so pretty.

Susan, looks you have a great plan, one body part per day is a way to really focus.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

Today, I am going to do Rhythmic Step and some abs.

Today is only 18 degrees here, not much warmer. I am officially done with Christmas shopping. How are you all doing?

Have a nice day.

12/7

Morning BB's,

Today will be shoulders & arms and ARX. PlyoX is turning out to be my favorite DVD. }( I really had a great time yesterday doing this one.

Yesterday there was an explosion at the Falk factory. I knew someone that worked there, and am thankful that he is ok. I work close to there and we felt the vibration. The door in our office rattled and the lights flickered. We thought someone was trying to get into the office, but couldn't.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

Today I am doing some leg workout, don't know which one.

My brother-in-law lives close to Falk Factory also. I guess his wife thought a car ran into their house it moved so much. I am glad your friend is ok, Laurie.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Laurie & Karen - Wow! Great stories about the Falk incident. It's so fortunate they started evacuating employees before the explosion or more lives would have been lost in this tragic accident. . . :(

Got up early this morning to do a longer workout. Today was GS-CT and 10-10-10 cardio (substituted for 30 min. steady state run). My arms were so tired from CT I could hardly punch during the kickbox portion of 10-10-10. I'm missing my cardio a little bit on this rotation but I love lifting heavy again. Tomorrow is a rest day.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Yes, that was something with that Faulk explosion! I feel so badly for the families of those that died...

This week has been crazy for me! Friday bright and early we are leaving to take the kids to the Great Wolf Lodge in the Dells. Both of them celebrate their Birthdays the week of Christmas. We are making this an early celebration / family get-away. We are all looking forward to it!

Have a great one ladies and talk to you next week! Susan

Good Morning 12/8 BB's

Today I did Imax 3, Stretch Max, and B&G bonus abs with the ball.

Laurie, do you think Plyo X is easier or harder than Cathe? Have a great rest day.

Sue, I'd miss cardio too. I like lifting heavy too though.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Morning BB's,

Today I took the day off intending to do some Christmas shopping, but instead I'm going to stay home and make cookies. :D I don't feel like venturing out into the cold. Besides I still have 3-1/2 days of vacation to use, I can take another day off.

I finished YogaX this morning, so I'm all stretched out. Yesterday I was lifting 15# on shoulders and 20 for biceps. }(

Karen, I like PlyoX more than I like Imax 3 & 2 for sure. My feet for some reason hurt when I'm doing some of the moves on the step in those two workouts. I guess it feels like what I had to do when I did drills in HS. More athletic type exercise.

Susan, Have a great time at the Dells, I know our family sure does.

Sue, at this point in doing P90X I don't miss the cardio at all. :+

Well I better get busy with the dough making.

Laurie

Karen - Great workout!

Susan - Our family LOVES the Great Wolf Lodge! Hope you have fun. DS9 and DD11 are standing over my shoulder and telling me to recommend that you ride the Twisting Tornado. :7

Laurie - 20 pounds is impressive for biceps. :) We baked cookies last night - the ones with Hershey's kisses. :9

Yesterday was a rest day and our company Christmas party which meant I got to leave early and do a little Christmas shopping. Today is Drill Max Scrambled Eggs premix and something else I will have to lookup.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.