BUFF BADGERS 12/11-12/15

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

This weekend I wasn't feel great at all (stomach & body aches), I did manage to get the cookies done. My DD's where great and helped me out. It was fun teaching them! Only thing I have left to do is the icing on the cut out ones. I feel fine this morning, so of course I need to go to work!

So I will be doing Legs & Back and ARX. Will see if I'm up for anything additional.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning All,

Laurie, I am glad you are feeling better. It sounds like you had a good time with your girls though. Have fun with the X. I did the leg workout before and it IMO, isn't to tough.

I am going to run or do lowmax with the leg add on, and abs.

Hi to everyone else.

Laurie - DD was sick over the weekend, too, with a bad cold. She was running a slight fever this morning so DH stayed home with her. I just hope it's not Strep. She doesn't have the high fever like DS had and a lot of coughing so I think she just needs to get some rest so she can fight this cold. I made cutouts over the weekend, too and like you have yet to frost them. Forgot what a pain they are but DD wanted me to make them. Enjoy your "X" workout today.

Karen - Enjoy Lowmax! Haven't done that one in awhile. Your legs ought to be cooked after that one with the leg add-on.

Yesterday was GS-Legs and this morning was BM2 Cardio Blast premix + BM2 abs. I was tired this morning to begin with so the cardio was very difficult for me. I had to pause the DVD player many times to catch my breath. It was like an interval workout before the blasts even started. I wonder if doing this premix the day after GS-Legs is why it was extra tough. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it;-)

Have a good day everyone!

Sue

HELP - For those living in Waukesha/Brookfield/Pewaukee, Wisconsin - I need to purchase a gift certificate for dinner for two and have no idea what are some nice restaurants in the area. (I'm on the East Coast)
I'd like something "nice" without being too fancy, but nothing chain-oriented or overly family oriented, etc. Something nice or fun for a couple to do without being too loud, obnoxious, stuffy or expensive. Any suggestions?
(I've found Jake's, Pedro's, Casa del Rio and Mr. Bs, as potential options)
THANKS!!

Hi ladies! Hope you are all well. We had a great time at Great Wolf. When we got there they told us they upgraded our suite at no extra charge. That was nice. The kids had a great time. My daughter and Hubby were a bit leery about that "Howling Tornado"! They decided to wait til next visit to try it out! :D

Well, my workouts last week got all messed up. I was so busy I kept having to substitute here and there.

Today I am doing Pilates on the Ball and Pilates Lower body Sculpting. I am just not up to bouncing all over today!

Stay strong- Susan

NY25, I hope one of these other BB's can let you know. Sorry I can't help you. I live way north of there.

Morning BB's,

Today will be KenpoX. Legs & Back was a good work out last night. I like most of the work outs in this one. There are a few that will take a little time to get used too. I really enjoy the wall squats on this one. Really feel the burn.

Susan, They didn't try the tornado! Next time they will have too, just close your eyes and away they go. }(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

Today will be KPC and PUB and hopefully a stretch.

Laurie, Do you think the legs on X are harder than Cathes? It sounds like you really like the program as a whole.

Susan, glad you and your family had a good time this past weekend. There is always next time for a ride like that.

Sue, I didn't see your post last night for the NY girl. I was glad this morning when I saw you replied.

Have fun workouts everyone.

Laurie - Those wall squats are a real killer. How much longer is your P90X rotation?

Karen - Have fun with your double-header workout today. Wow! PUB after KPC. That's great.

Susan - Glad you had a good time at Great Wolf. Is the new wave pool built yet? They were just starting construction when we were there October 2005.

Did GS-BSB this morning and pushed myself with a 40# barbell for bicep curls and 30# dumbells for lat rows. I love lifting heavy but my arms feel like noodles now. :7

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Good Morning BB's

Today I'll do cardio coach #5 and Leaner Legs and hopefully abs of some sort.

Sue, great job on 40# for bicep curls and 30# for lat rows. What are you and you noodle arms doing today?

Hi to everyone else.

Karen - You crack me up! I have a sister named Karen and you sound just like her. I'm resting my noodle arms today:) Was supposed to do a 45 min. steady state run for the December rotation so I substituted Amy Bento Kickbox Xtreme (thru combined 3 & 4 combos) and did B&G Bonus Abs.

Decorated cutout cookies last night. The only food colors I had for the frosting were yellow and green so some of the cookies became "Packer cookies" frosted half and half of each.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Hello everyone,

Had a sick child today so I stayed home, this is the first time I have not had a kid with their head in the toilet. I did StretchX which felt great. I think it released some of my tension. :D

Sue, This rotation will take me into Feb. 90 days total.

Sounds like everyone is doing a great job.

Laurie

Laurie - Wow, 90 days seems like a long time but not really in the grand scheme of things. Body for Life is an 84 day plan (12 weeks) so about the same. Building muscle doesn't happen overnight although we wish it did. Sorry to hear you have a sick kid although it's better to be sick now than at Christmas, right? (As if there's ever a good time to be sick.) Hope Stretchmax relieved some of "Nurse Mommy's" tension today. :)

Sue

Hi Sue, yes the Wave poole is done and it is sooo much fun!:D We all loved it. Brace yourself when the Wolves start to howl, that lets you know the waves are coming!

I have such a busy week this week. I have a family Birthday party for the kids this Saturday plus church things and trying to get ready for Christmas. I am squeezing in my workouts throughout the day. Walk/run in the morning with the dog. Then come back and do some core work. After dinner I walk the dog again and try to sneak in weight training... I'll be glad when this week is done! I keep reminding myself every little bit helps...

Susan

Morning BB's,

Back to work this morning. Today will be Chest & Back and ARX.

Sue, Ya 90 days is a long time, but the rotation changes every month so I don't think it will be too bad. I have already been seeing some changes, especially in the upper body. I did the classic bicep for by DD13 and I asked her if she could see any difference. She said yes you don't have the jiggle under your arms. :D And I looked in the mirror this morning and I like the muscles that I see on my back!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning All,

You are all up early. I am going to do the Step Blast/SJP all cardio premix. I thought I could run but we are getting a sleeting rain and it's freezing.

Laurie, neat you are seeing results alreaady.

Susan, take care and good work getting some exercise in during this busy week.

Sue, did you every do body for life or are you planning on it? I've never heard of it.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning BB's,

Today for me will be PlyoX.

Getting off early today, I'm heading to my DH's work. One of his co-workers is retiring today. I have known him since DH and I meet.

Will be doing Shoulders & Arms plux ARX on Saturday and Sunday will be YogaX. I actually have been enjoying the Yoga one quite a bit. And hopefully getting my Christmas shopping done. :+ I can't believe that I'm not done yet.

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

Today is muscle max, short rebounding, and abs. Tomorrow I am planning LIC and Sunday is my off day.

Laurie, not done with Christmas shopping yet? It's not like you have a family, job and Cathe to keep up with. If I get time on Sunday maybe I'll try the X yoga. You are an enabler. I never use that word I just see it a lot on this site.

Enough rambling. Have a good weekend everyone. The kids have their Christmas program at church on Sunday. Sat. is an open house at our pastors home. At least we got all our loggers cords of wood cut, split and stacked so we don't have to spend this weekend doing that. I know, I'm still rambling.

Laurie - Enjoy your half day off and the retirement party for your friend. Sounds like you've known him for a long time so I'm sure he'll appreciate you being there.

Karen - Do you have a rebounding tape you use? I had a mini-trampoline years ago and the springs kept breaking off which is why I'm leery about getting another. (Not to mention the fact that DH would have a fit because we already have space issues in our house.) So, you split your wood yourself? With an ax? Sorry for the ignorant questions but I'm a city girl who's never had a fireplace.

Attended a user group meeting yesterday for lunch and an afternoon meeting and then the whole family helped sort toys and clothes for Christmas Clearning Council last night at our church. Got on the forum late and was too lazy to post. Did GS Chest/Tris yesterday and rested today.

I'm another one who hasn't finished Christmas shopping yet. I'll be getting up super early on Sunday morning to stand in line for a Nintendo Wii. My plan is for me to go to one Target and DH another in hopes one of us will get one and just return the spare in case we're both lucky (which I doubt) but DH doesn't want to do that. We are not typically the type of parents who have to get the latest and greatest toy for their kids but our kids have waited a LONG time to get their first video game system and we'd really like them to have it on Christmas Day. I promise I won't beat anyone up or run into any light poles;-)

Tomorrow is B&G Premix: Overall Legs and Sunday is GS CT + LIC Abs.

Happy shopping, gift wrapping, caroling, baking, celebrating or whatever you're doing this weekend!

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.