BUFF BADGERS 11/27-12/1

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Sorry to be AWOL for the holiday. We where very busy. I was the one to have turkey day at our house and then it was getting ready for our weekend in the Dells. But during that time I did get in my exercise. We stayed at the Wilderness Resort and had a great time. For the girls it was non stop fun. :D

Today I will be starting my P90X rotation. We will see how I do. I have previewed and hopefully am ready for all the push-ups.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today, I will be doing all the GS chest,triceps, back, shoulders, and biceps. Yesterday was the only day I got to exercise since Wednesday. I was chomping at the bit by Sunday. I ran outside 5 1/2 miles.

I was at my folks house until Saturday night so I wasn't around either. I see some of you were around doing workouts.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning (almost afternoon!) BBs -

I'm home with DS who's sick today - high fever, headache. He was feeling crummy and feverish yesterday but we crossed our fingers he'd be better today - no luck.

So, not knowing if he'd be going to school today or not, I still got up early to do my workout. Did the first 2 combos in Amy's Hi/Lo Xtreme, BM2 upper body and LL abs. Yesterday was Amy Hi/Lo again (trying to get those combos down) and Leg Blast premix from B&G. Friday or Saturday (one of those days - it's all a blur now) was a rest day.

Laurie - Good luck with P90X! It sounds like a tough, tough series. Sounds like you had a good time over the weekend.

Karen - That's quite an upper body workout you have planned for today. I'll bet you ran a record time yesterday after being off for a few days. ;-)

"Nurse Mommy" now has to go make some chicken soup and give DS some TLC.

TTFN,
Sue

Sue, I hope you DS feels better by tomorrow. It's no fun being sick. It sounds like the flu. Yuk! It seems you really like Amy's hi/lo. I don't know how long it took me to run that yesterday, but I have never run that far before and I could have gone further. Maybe, I needed the break. Today, my arms feel like jello. I don't get that feeling often. I can barely type. Maybe I over did it a tad. I went down in weight progressively as the workout got longer. I will probably break them down and do them as they are filmed. Just trying to squeeze everything in. Take care of you DH "Nurse Mommy."

Hello Ladies,

Sue, I hope your DS feels better soon!

I hope you all enjoyed your Holiday! I am glad it only happens once a year! I ate tooooo much!

Today is Cardio & Weights for me. I am also going to add on a little extra leg work.

Stay strong- Susan

Karen - Good job on running farther than ever before! It's so satisfying to accomplish a goal like that, isn't it? My arms are weak tonight, too, only from BM2 upper. I don't know what it is about that weight work - it's not very long but very effective.

Susan - I'm glad Thanksgiving is over, too. Ate too much so I was actually glad to be home today with DS so I could make a good dinner. DH usually cooks since he gets home first during the week and while I appreciate it greatly, he's somewhat limited in his menu selections. :7

I'm home all alone right now. . . DD is at Monday night band, DS is sleeping again and DH called to say he'd be late because he had to run an errand on his way home. Guess I'll go do more laundry. We never have a shortage of dirty clothes around here! LOL

Good night,
Sue

11/28

Hello BB's!

Sue, I hope your DS is better today!

I have Step Heat on the agenda today. Now that's an oldie! I haven't done this in a while so we'll see is I screw up!:p

Have a great (rainy) day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Yesterday for me was P90X Chest & Back and Ab Ripper X. These workouts are very deceptive. I went to bed feeling like I didn't lift enough. As the morning is progressing I'm really feeling it in my back. I like the way this workout is set up chest to back to chest..... Today will be Plyometrics.

Sue, hope your DS is feeling better today.

Karen, way to go on the long run. I'm going to see how much I miss running with this current rotation. :D

Susan, I ate too much on turkey day also. But I love stuffing, and the batch I made this year was really good, and I can only guess it is because I used different sausage.

Came in to edit: Susan I love step heat, I like the ab work on this one also.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

Sue, is you DS feeling better today? It sounds like you had a little quiet time with your laundry last night. What did you end up making for supper last night?

Laurie, Contiune to let me know what you think of the P90X rotation you are doing. I just can't give up my other dvd's for nine weeks. It's neat you can try something new. Me, I am in a rut. If you get great results then I might have to give it a go.

Susan,I think I did Step Heat once since I've been working out with Cathe. I think when I saw it coming on a rotation, I subbed Rhythmic Step. I love that workout. I sub it when I can. This should be the end of your rotation, what will you do next?

Today, I will do Imax 3, probabaly my fav step workout.

DH stayed home with a sick DS today. Last night his temp was up to 102.8 but down to 101 this morning. When the Children's Motrin kicks in he feels fine. DH is going to call the doc today and see if they want to see him. I'm at work now but it's hard to concentrate when I feel like I should be home playing "Nurse Mommy". Hopefully today is the last of it.

Karen - I made Spicy Skillet Supper last night - it's ground turkey, chili beans, salsa, brown rice, and seasonings. It's a good meal to eat when the weather is crummy like today.

Laurie - I like alternating body parts in workouts, too. Wish Cathe had more workouts like this. I think Push/Pull is the only one.

Susan - I think Step Heat is the one with the orange background and purple outfits (yuk!) It's fun to see how styles have changed in only 10 years.

This morning I did TJ CP1 plus added in the KM blasts.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

DH took DS to the doctor - it's Strep. Looks like I'm off again tomorrow since he has to be on antiobiotics for at least 24 hours before going back to school. At least I know in advance so I can sleep in. :)

Sue

11/29

Sue, sorry to hear about the strep throat! I hope no one else comes down with it!

Today is: Pyramid Upper Body and 30 minutes of cardio. Haven't decided what for cardio yet...

This is my last week of this rotation but I am going to do this for another month to get me through December. I really liked this one. I may change some of the workouts like Step Blast instead of Step Works or something next month.

Have a great day!

Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X. I did PlyoX yesterday, and I have to say that I loved this workout. I enjoy the Imax's, but this one will probably not have the dread factor that I have with those. Maybe it is because you only have to do each drill for 30 seconds.:D

Sue, Oh my on the strep. Take care of your DS, as I know you will.

Susan, glad you are enjoying the rotation. Changing the workouts will be fun.

Karen, I will let you know on the P90X. By the end of the week I should have a good knowledge of the phase at least. My abs only started to bark at me yesterday afternoon, and I feel them when I have to sneeze.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning All,

Today, I am going to do Amy's leg workout. I had DOMS for a week the last time I did this one. Yesterday instead of Imax 3, I ran 5.5 miles. I wanted to get out the last nice day. Raining but still warm.

Sue, You must be sleeping in. You get more time to be "nurse Mommy"
Hope DS gets feeling better soon.

Karen - Yep, I slept in. ;-) DS is feeling better at least. He helped me change my signature line to his favorite YouTube video of the moment. :) It cracks me up, too.

Laurie - "Barking abs" - Oh, my! I had to laugh when I read that because I knew exactly what you mean. You're making me want P90X now and I thought I talked myself out of it. ;-) Glad you're enjoying the series.

Susan - Are you enjoying your rotation? I'm waiting to see what Cathe posts for December and hoping the workouts are shorter.

I'm planning to do HSC today.

Have a good day.

Sue

Sue, cute video. I am not sure who won, the robot or the monkey.

I changed my mind and did Butts from B&G with the added bonus then I did the circuits from Body Max 2. It was a good workout. I love the song in the second circuit so I keep doing that one.

Glad everyone is enjoying their workouts.

11/30

Wow, I can't believe November is already over! Where did it go?

Today is Pyramid Lower Body and the last half of KPC (drills & ABS)

It is cold today! Yesterday at 5am is was 57 outside- today it was 27!

Stay strong & warm! Susan

Susan - Good morning! I'm not ready for cold weather or December yet.

Karen - I don't think the monkey or the robot ever wins. It probably has some deep meaningful symbolism behind it that's beyond my diminutive comprehension. :+

I did a premix from Cardio Fusion this morning - the All Step 48 min. one and a few crunches on my own for good measure.

Back to work today. The antibiotics kicked in and DS is feeling his old self again.

Hope the roads don't get too bad today with the snow we're supposed to get.

Have a good one!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today will be YogaX. Now I have tried yoga before and sort of yawned my way through it, but I'm willing to give this one a shot. x( It is a 90 min DVD, so I may have to stop so I can get DD to swim practice. Yesterday was Shoulders & Arms and I was lifting 15lbs for biceps, felt I could go higher. I might have to get those platemates so I can go just slightly higher. I don't think 20lbs is doable right now. :) And of course Ab Ripper X did not have as great a performance on my part because my abs where so sore from Monday. }( Oh well I can only get better on these.

Sue, My DH headed out to St. Paul MN yesterday, so when this snow arrives I have only myself and the girls to shovel snow. I'm guessing the snowblower will sit in the garage. I probably could figure it out. Or the snow stays in the driveway until he gets home. Naw I guess that won't work.

Susan, Yes it is amazing that we will be into December tomorrow. Where did the year go. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning,

Today, I am going to do Cardio Fusion. I am so sore from B&G and Body Max 2 circuits, I am not sure I will make it through.

I can't believe it's 7 degrees out this morning.

Sue, glad DS is feeling better. How much snow are you suppose to get?

Susan, PUB is up for me tomorrow. I love that workout.

Tonight we are going to the Christmas Parade here. I should be fun and cold.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.