BUFF BADGERS 11/13-11/17

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's

Today will be Cardio Fusion. Never got a chance to do this one on Saturday or Sunday. I had to get DD9 to dance, then we had to get ready for a B'day party for my niece. Sunday was church and then right to the swim meet. By the time I got home from that it was after 6:00 and I was tired. Did timing all afternoon. DD13 did great, she got 2 thirds and a 6th. She keeps improving all the time.

Have a great day,

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

Laurie, have fun with Cardio Fusion, its a good workout. Thats great you DD13 is doing so well swimming.

Today will be Amy Bentos Hi Lo. I'll give it a try.

Did any of you guys get snow? How much if you did. We got a little over night but nothing over the weekend.

Have a great day everyone.

Laurie - Don't you just hate it when life gets in the way of your workouts? ;-) You'll be well-rested for Cardio Fusion which is good - that one's a killer!

Karen - I ordered Amy's Hi/Lo over the weekend. :7 See below for what I thought of her kickbox. We had maybe an inch of accumlation on our deck Saturday from that awful snow/rain storm Friday night just in time for my commute x(. No more snow the rest of the weekend.

Did Amy's Kickbox Xtreme for the first time on Saturday and loved it! Like everyone else has said, her form is bad and some of the combos seem a bit awkward but it's easy enough to substitute. (I substitute 2 jumping jacks for these 2 jumping side kicks she does that look I'll either pull a muscle or sprain an ankle.) It's over an hour long of intense kickbox-style cardio so it's a real sweatfest. Burned 700 calories according to my HRM. I liked Amy so much I ordered Amy's Hi-Lo Xtreme. (I'll tell DH to count it as a Christmas present when it comes) ;-)

Yesterday was PUB minus the abs. Major DOMS in my chest and triceps today.

This morning was the Butts portion of B&G. Tonight I'll do the abs from B&G and PUB. This was my 2nd time for Butts. I'm wondering if these are butt exercises, why do my legs feel so weak and wobbly when I'm done that I can barely climb the stairs??? It's a good thing - haven't felt weak and wobbly for a long time. :)

My nephew's football team lost their game on Saturday to undefeated Franklin. It was a good game though - teams very evenly matched.

Have a marvelous Monday everyone!

Sue

Sue, thanks for letting me know what you thought about Amy's kickbox. I did her hi/lo today and I didn't think it was very intense. Definitely not where near any of Cathes. I felt like I could do more but I didn't want to spend any more time on exercise. I was hoping it would be tougher. Let me know how you like it after you have done it. I did PUB over the weekend also. My arms are still sore. I forgot how much I love that workout.

Take care.

Hi Ladies! I hope you all enjoyed your weekends. Saturday I did a double dose. In the morning I did Leaner Legs and Intervals 1-5 of IMAX. Then in the afternoon I did CTX Upper Body and Intervals 6-10 of IMAX. Sunday I did Step, Jump and Pump.

Today I was supposed to do KPC howver my DS is very sick with a ruptured ear drum, cold and high fever. I am on snuggle duty today!:) I'll push KPC to my scheduled off day on Saturday.

Talk soon- Susan

P.S. we only got maybe and inch of snow and it was melted by Saturday afternoon....

Wow Susan, You sure did a double dose. Great job. I am sorry your DS is sick. It's tough watching your kids go through not feeling good. It's fun to snuggle though. Take care.

11/14

Hi There! I am home from work today with my DS. His fever finally broke overnite but his ear and cold are still a problem. Hopefully one more good day of rest will help.

On todays agenda: Circuit Max plus CTX Kickbox cardio only.

I am really liking this Cathe rotation I found. It has a lot of oldies but goodies!

Have a great day- Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be Drill Max. Really enjoyed Cardio Fusion last night.

Susan, sorry to hear about DS and those nasty ear problems. My DD's both had to have tubes in their ears, so we went through alot of ear infections. Not fun, but you have to love snuggle duty. :D I don't get much of those anymore.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi BB's

Today is Leaner Legs. I know its a little lean on the exercise. I am going to Eau Claire, shopping with my friend.

Hope everyone enjoys their workouts. Have a great day.

Karen - Just received my email notification this morning that Hi/Lo Xtreme is being delivered on Thursday. I'll let you know what I think. Some days it's better to have those easier workouts.

Sue

Good afternoon. Didn't do any abs last night as planned because it was just too busy. This morning I did the "Gutts" portion of B&G and added on the bonus stability ball abs. That's it for me today.

Have a tremendous Tuesday!

Sue

I was really surprised that after that workout,I was not sore. I have not had any DOMS really either. I made sure I stretched really well though. I think that helped! Susan

11/15

Hello There! Hope you are all doing well.

Today is Step Works for me.

Yesterday I was a bit surprised at how tough Circuit Max was. I think its faster paced then others. My heart rate was up there! I should do this one more often!

Have a good Wednesday! Susan

Morning BB's,

Today will be KPC for me. I'm looking forward to this one. Haven't done kickboxing in a while.

Susan, Circuit Max is one of my favorites. I like the hi/lo first, because hi/lo isn't something I like to do. :)

Have a great day,

Laurie

Good Morning BB's

Today will be cardio fusion premix 80 min.

Sounds like you guys are doing some oldie but goodies in your rotations.

Have a good day,

Hi BBs! Good workouts everyone. . .

Did LIC this morning. I like the upper body weight work on this one but still think the cardio is too easy - especially the 1st blast which consists of the core crunches/leg out to the side, around the world. Next time I do this workout I plan on substituting something else for this blast but don't know what yet. I"m open to suggestions if anyone has any. Anyone?

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Sue

11/16

Hi Ladies!

I am very busy today with work, errands, parent/teacher conferences... I hope to fit in something though! I walked our dog for 45 minutes this morning. I want to try to squeeze in some Pilates later.

I am a bit sore today after Step Works. I also think it may be DOMS from Circuit Max the other day.

Have a healthy Thursday! Susan

Good morning, Susan and others that follow. Getting to the checkin early today because I have to run out at lunch to buy a mustache for DD so she can be Albert Einstein at school. We already have the wig and brown sweater so she should be all set once I get the mustache.

Did Amy's Kickbox Xtreme up to the 5th combo this morning before I ran out of time. I've been reading the thread in OD about her bad form. I guess the only place it bothers me is in one of the intervals where she does 4 hooks walking forward. It's supposed to be an interval and it looks like she's not putting any energy into her hooks. Still a good sweaty workout. KPC has better combos though.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today for me will be BM2. I did KPC last night and was punching, kicking and having a great time. Probably a good thing that I give some workout a little time in between. Makes me like them more.

Sue, Could you try subbing the 4th cardio seg in LIC for the 1st. That one is great at getting your heart rate up. Is your DD in a play at school?

Susan, PT conferences where last night for DD9. DH had to go to that one because I had to pick up DD13 from swimming. I don't like going to those conferences anyway. Better that DH does them.

Well I agreed to dog sit for a friend of ours this weekend (he is going hunting). He says this dog is better than his last lab. The last one wouldn't stop drinking water.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.