BUFF BADGERS 10/4-10/8

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Today was P90X Chest & Back along with Ab Ripper X. Doing really well, and feel nice and toasty in the chest & back. I think the first week of these weight workouts was just me getting used to the workouts again. :D Today I tried to push out as many as possible, and really improved on everything. Saturday was Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance along with Incredible Abs 5 with Cindy Whitmarsh. Sunday I did StretchX.

Homecoming is over with, and hopefully things start to get back to normal in our house. Well at least have the oldest at home. :D She was really tired this morning, but had a great time. So glad that she is enjoying her Senior year.

Have a wonderful day!

Last edited:
Hi there! Today was CardioX. My weekend was way too busy and on top of that I did not feel well. Saturday was spent down in Madison. On the way home we were stuck in traffic for an hour! Got home much later than expected. :mad: Sunday I was tired and not feeling well so all I did was walk Ruby. Today I am doing better and CardioX felt good.

Laurie, that chest and back workout is a doozy! I can feel your burn!:)

Glad DD enjoyed Homecoming. We won our big game so that was nice. It was raining during our parade and game so that wasn't fun!:(

Hope you are all doing well! Take care!

Susan

Laurie - Way to crank out those workouts on the weekend! I'm glad Homecoming is over, too. Glad DD is enjoying her senior year. So have you guys started applying for colleges yet?

Susan - That stinks about the traffic jam. Was it because of a Badger game?

I don't know where to begin to explain my weekend. Let me just say I'm glad to be back to work this morning. At least I'm not sitting in the cold and rain watching a football game or marching band competition. I still feel like I can't get warm. Tired too. Was up at 6 a.m. Friday and Saturday and worked all day Friday around the house. Took my puzzle mats apart, vacuumed underneath and scrubbed each mat before re-assembling. Was up until midnight waiting for DD to get home from Homecoming. We had an overnight guest Thursday and Friday nights. Glad to see him leave. He's a friend of DH's and he gives me the creeps. I drove DS to the bus for his game on Saturday even though DH said he'd do it just so I wouldn't be forced to make awkward conversation with this guy. He's an odd duck for sure and he doesn't flush the toilet after he goes #1! Eeeeewww!

Did great on my eating until Friday night. It was just too much for me - sitting in the cold and rain for 2 1/2 hours, having creepy guy in my house and being exhausted sent me over the edge. Today I'm back on track. The next 2 weekends will be just as crazy but at least we won't have any houseguests.

I did a couple of Leslie miles this morning. Will try to do something tonight and get to bed early.

I took my forum buddies advice and decided to give Cardio Core Circuit a try this morning. I did the cardio drills only (with out the core work) for 40 minute workout. That is one killer workout. I don't think I think the only way I managed to get through is I have been doing the Hiit workouts. I actually found myself taking a HiiT break when needed LOL! It was definitely fun and I am so glad I decided to try it. I did slow and heavy biceps and triceps and Hiit 40/20 on Sunday.

Laurie---senior year is one exciting time for students. I am glad she is having the time of her life. Enjoy that chest burn! I skipped my push ups last night when I looked at the list and saw that I was scheduled to do 5 sets of pushups between 25 and 33. I don't know if I am ready for that so I chickened out and didn't do any......that wasn't a good thing....but I did. I will do them later and do whatever I can.

Hello everyone and hope you had a great weekend.

Morning Ladies,

Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit is done for today. Really felt great during the workout, but those plank moves at the end where tough on the arms. Weight work on Monday was probably giving me the fatigue factor. ;)

Susan, Sorry to hear that you where not feeling well this weekend, but it sounds like CardioX was much better. The football team didn't win there game! :eek:

Sue, Dang on the weekend for you! You are right start this week off with a bang! I would say eeewww on that guy too! It looks like dd17 might be going to UW Whitewater. The track coach is very interested in having dd run track for him. I'm crossing my fingers, because she would have to go in under "special talents" because her grades are really not good enough for entrance. Only last year and this year have been good for grades.

heartymax, WTG on trying out the all cardio on CCC! The cardio in that workout is tough, and I think taking a break is a dang fine idea. I have learned from doing Insanity that it is ok to do that when you have to. ;) You will get back on track with the push-ups, sometimes you need to progress slower.

Have a wonderful day!

Laurie - DH and I both went to UW-Whitewater eons ago. It's a very good school and close to home although being close to home can be a double-edged sword. How great the track coach is looking at her! So does that mean she'd get a scholarship? (Sorry if that's a dumb question)

Heartymax - That CCC premix sounds tough. Hey, I take extra breaks all the time. As long as I'm pushing myself as hard as I can go that day I figure I'm still getting a great workout.

Well, my week didn't start with a bang yesterday but this morning was a bang. I did NYC Latte premix (1 set each except for abs which is 2 sets). Proud of myself for getting up early enough to fit that in. I SO wanted to hit the snooze button a few more times.

DD is home sick today. Hope it's a 1 day thing. She really can't miss marching band rehearsal tomorrow night or the 2 competitions this weekend.

Hi!:) Ran 2.5 miles this morning. I was going to do CTX Kickbox later but my night is getting full. Both kids need homework help and I am the only one with the patience enough to help them! I am going to try and wake up early enough to squeeze it in, in the morning.:)

Sue, way to go getting that workout done early!:D My BF graduated from UW-Whitewater. I remember many weekends spent there visiting! 2 of my brothers went there as well! Hope your DD feels better really soon! I am surprised how many kids are getting sick already!

Laurie, congrats to DD. Hope it all works out. Still don't know how you can do Insanity so early in the morning!:eek:

Hi Hearty Max!
Hi Karen!
Hi lala!

Have a good night everyone! Susan

Today was slow and heavy legs and then shoulders. I took 2 weeks off ( or maybe 3--I can't remember)from slow and heavy/GS rotation and now I don't feel as strong. I did PUB or full body workout during this time. Amazing how I can't lift as heavy as I was when I ended Slow and Heavy. I did get in some push ups last night. I decided to just do 5 sets of 20.

Sue-----Your daughter's senior year is exciting for the whole family.....all the activities and preparing for college sounds like fun.

Laurie---please don't remind me about Planks....those things are a killer in any workout...I can't begin to imagine Insanity Planks..

Susan---much patience is needed to help kids with homework. My 3rd grader is working on a project. He has had a week to complete and I have monitored him each night to make sure he gets a small part done. Otherwise, he would wait to the last minute. Kids have so much homework these days and it is hard to balance all the activities they have and keep up with their work.

Had a good weekend. Didn´t have the rain you all had. Sat was high step challenge...love that workout. Sun I did a 2.5 mile run and yesterday was a 3.6 mile run. Today was super sets...actually the other weight training DVD on that one...just can´t remember what it´s called.

Yesterday I spent the day in charge of our "Sister cities day at the zoo" where we invite the 3rd graders to spend a 1/2 day at our little zoo and do activities with them...probably had close to 300 :eek: am SO glad that is over!

Laurie, glad DD is enjoying her senior year! It really is a special time for them. Good luck to her on her college choices (you too!)

Sue, sounds like a stressful weekend :( Glad things are back to normal! (And WOW on that cleaning...want to come to my house ;) :eek:)

Susan, sounds like you are feeling better with the workouts you have gotten in!

Heartymax: I have to try that premix on CCC...don´t think I´ve done it, but it sounds good. WTG on those pushups...just thinking of doing 25-33 makes me burn...does that count?

Hi Karen!

Morning Ladies,

P90X Shoulders and Arms, the more I'm sitting here typing the more muscles I'm starting to be aware of. :D I went up by 1lb on all exercises, and that really does seem to be the ticket. Improved on all the body weight exercises too. Will be doing the abs after work, just have to decided on which one I would like to do.

Sue, I would love for dd to be so close to home! Of course she probably doesn't think so. She isn't eligible for a scholarship, I don't think that the track team has all that much money for that type of thing. And of course her grades wouldn't be anywhere near to qualify. ;) Sorry to hear that your week didn't start out great, but it can improve from this point on. :D

Susan, Great job on the run, you must be feeling better. The homework go to person is DH for us, he is the one with the patience. :eek: Did you manage to wake up early and get that kicboxing done?

heartymax, I'm not surprised that you lost some strength, but your muscles will remember quickly and you will be moving even more weight than you did previously. Always a good idea to mix it up, your muscles will get confused and keep improving. WTG on those push-ups.

Lala, 300 Children! And 3rd graders too, that must have been an interesting day. I bet you where exhausted after that. Push-Pull is what you where trying to remember I think. ;) Great job on the running.

Karen, Hope all is going well with you.

Have a great day!

Hi! Nope, I did not get up early enough to sneak in CTX Kickbox. I am about to go and do Jillian's Shred 1-3 right now. Not really looking forward to it for some reason!:rolleyes:

Laurie, you are one tough lady! That shoulder work kills me every time!

Lala, 300 3rd graders?? Yikes! :D Way to go on your running!:eek: My long run this week is 3.5 miles. Interested to see how I do... Some days I feel I could run forever and the next time all I think about is running back home!;)

Hope you all have a great night! It's beautiful outside!

Susan

Laurie---congrats on the increase in poundage. WTG!

Today was a rest day for me. My oldest son was up studying for a math test and working on the next part of his science fair project. Instead of working out this morning, I had to review and type his information for the science fair project. After all that, my son told me at dinner that he had the dates confused and it wasn't due until next Wednesday. WHAT----I skipped my workout for nothing!!!!

I am not an evening exerciser anyway----but I was hoping to get in a short walk. Well--that didn't happen either because youngest son had to create a board game for class. He had been working on it since Saturday and he was down to the last few details and playing the game to make sure it made sense. It does and we are all very proud of him.

The joys of homework!!!!!

Susan - How did Shred 1-3 go? That's a long workout. I think I've done that maybe once. If you can do all 3 segments of Shred, you can can do 3.5 miles no sweat. ;)

Laurie - Sounds like you worked those shoulders well. :) You might be surprised about scholarships. We were told at our school that it's not always about the grades. Sometimes scholarships are given for students majoring in something specific (e.g. nursing) or some other criteria. Thanks for the encouragement. You always put a positive spin on things and I appreciate it.

Lala - I actually enjoy cleaning if 1) I have adequate time to do it and 2) there's a reasonable expectation that it will stay clean for awhile. :D Two big IFs, huh? Great job with all your running. You and Susan are inspiring me to give it a try again.

Heartymax - I remember those science project days. . . Was secretly glad when they stopped doing them. Now they're old enough (13 & 15) to do it on their own (and should do it on their own). Sorry you missed your workout for nothing. At least your son won't be scrambling at the last minute to get it done now.

No workout this morning BUT I did HIIT Double Wave Pyramid tonight. As you guys know, my workouts have not been as consistent (4 rest days 1 week) or as intense (e.g. Leslie Sansone) for awhile so this was a tough workout for me. I added 3 more 30 second breaks to catch my breath. Afterwards I did 5 of the leg exercises from Circuit Blast before my legs started feleling wobbly so I quit. Didn't want to push too hard and the legs were already fatigued from HIIT.

Have a great evening everyone!

Hello again! Today was a 2 mile run and after work I have a dentist appointment :( and then mowing lawn and other yard work.

Sue, I too think Shred in its entirety, is a long workout! I hope I do well with my run tomorrow! :D Good job with your workout! How do you feel today?

Heartymax, well, that was nice of you to help DS get his work done. What kind of game did your other DS create?

Make it a good day ladies!

Susan

Morning Ladies,

Today I changed up my week and did yoga, with Power Yoga for Happiness. This one is a lot like YogaX, but flows much better. Last night I did One on One Med Ball Cardio Core, and that was a good one too.

Susan, Oh all the Shred workouts is a lot to do, I usually start with the toughest and work my way down. :eek:

heartymax, Dang on missing the workout, but your ds has his project finished! Our girls did the game project too, they had a fun time creating them.

Sue, We will have to see what happens for scholarships, can only hope for the best on that one. :D WTG on the Hiit, you do what you need to do. Pyramid is my favorite of all the Hiit though, guess it is because it doesn't use the step. :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Susan - I'd love to be outside doing yardwork today instead of being stuck inside here at work. Enjoy Indian Summer while you can! :) As far as how I feel today, all I can say is "Ow, ow, ow." :eek: Feeling it in my quads. I tried to really squat during the plie hops, 1/4 turns and everything else so I think that did it to me more so that the leg exercises I did afterward (although that probably contributed). I have a dentist appt. coming up, too. Had a tooth that was starting to react to cold but it's been better for the past 2 weeks. Trying to decide if I want to bring it up to the dentist since it probably means a crown for a tooth that's already heavily filled. :mad:

Laurie - I like the Pyramid HIIT because it starts out with 20 seconds and mentally that helps. "It's only 20 seconds - I can do anything for 20 seconds." Who does Core Med Ball?

Hi Karen, Lala and Heartymax!

Has anyone watched the clips? I haven't had time. Maybe this weekend.

Susan---my youngest had to create a game about a book they were reading in class. The teacher gave specific directions on what things to include so he had a good foundation to work from. He had one week to finish it so he did a little bit each night and that just left him finalizing the directions last night and playing the game to make sure people would understand it because they would be playing it in class.

Sue----yeah...I missed the workout but I have to look on the bright side...at least he has that part behind him. I like how they have the project due in stages so you are not rushed to do it all at once. I kept saying to myself that part 3 was due really soon after part 2 which made him pressed for time and my thinking he barely had enough time to get it together and have me type it--- so it ended up he had the date written incorrectly.

Laurie----My kids are now 8 and 12 so there are many more projects ahead of us. My oldest is more independent now so I am grateful for that.

This morning was Premix from Body Max 2. It has been several weeks since I have done a complete step workout and it was fun. It was nice giving my knees a break...LOL!

Hi Lala!

Morning Ladies,

Can I say TGIF! Came into work early this morning because my youngest is getting fitted for her pointe shoes at 5pm. So I did a short workout, and Sue inspired me to do Hiit Double Wave Pyramid. I really do love that workout! :D

Sue, I like the DWP because she does all the really hard exercises, like plie jacks, in the short time sections! :eek: I really do not like that particular exercise, but I can tolerate it for 20 sec. :D Tony is the one that does the Med Ball Ab workout. Yep I have watched the clips, seems like a lot of equipment for the STS TB, but then again it is total body. :D

heartymax, How did the game go? They never seem to have enough time to play the game during class time though. ;) I don't do a lot of step anymore, I have one bad knee that doesn't like the twisting. :confused: I get some done every once in a while.

Have a wonderful weekend all of you BB's!

Hi There! Ran 3.5 this morning. Felt pretty good. My good friend at work has been very sick this week. Unfortunately we are short handed so she can't really take the time off. Anyway, I woke up with her sore throat this morning. :mad: Hoping it doesn't turn into the full sickness that she has!

My weekend looks quiet. Nice long hike tomorrow morning, then some shopping, and house work. Sunday is Sunday School and of course watching the football game. :) Monday we have early release at school, and I am OFF!! YEA!!:eek:

Hope you all have a great weekend. Try and get outside to enjoy this weather!

Susan

Sue and Laurie---I previewed Double Wave Pyramid the other day and it may be a while before I advance to that one. 40/20 has been gasping enough for air right now.

Laurie---the game went well. The teacher actually had one group of students do their games this week instead of the whole class. That way the kids could really share and enjoy the game. You are right though---usually the kids don't have enough time but my son said several people got to play and the others liked his game.

Today was Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps. I plan to get in some cardio this weekend. Eating out with some friends tonight.

Enjoy your weekend everybody.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.