BUFF BADGERS 10/11-10/15

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Saturday was Insanity Pure Cardio and Cathe's Ab Circuit Med Ball Abs. Tried to get someone in the family to do the partner abs with me, but no takers. :rolleyes: Sunday was a rest day, had to much going on. Had pot luck at the church on Sunday evening. :eek: I tried to eat as good as possible, but you know all those dishes are just wonderful to look at. This morning was P90X Chest & Back along with Ab RipperX, went up on all weighted exercises, and increase reps on all push-ups/pull-ups.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hi ladies! I went hiking on the trail with Ruby both Saturday and Sunday for an hour. Today I did Cathe's Bootcamp. I swear after how many years, that workout is never easy!:eek: Beautiful weather we're having. Wonder how long it can last?!

Have off work today, kids have early release. Have a few errands to run and then hope to sit back and read.

Laurie, great job with P90X today!:) That workout is tough!

Stay strong- Susan

Hi,

I have been really busy at work lately so I haven't had time to get on the computer much. Between that and all the sports, games etc. busy busy.

Sun. went for a bike ride with DH. Today I fit in Powersculpt KCM. That's it. Haven't even had time for workouts. Tomorrow is another long day so I probably won't get in a workout tomorrow either.

Laurie, your rotation is looking good and you are even going up each time in weight. Quite a mix with insanity and P90X together. If you don't see results with that, there is not much hope for anything else. I see you are getting in lots of abs.;)

Susan, Hiking sounds like fun, especially with the weather we have been having. I'll have to try Bootcamp again and see if it is still as hard. Hope you enjoyed your reading day.

Hi Lala
Hi Sue
Hi heartymax

Have a great day.

Hello Ladies. I walked on the treadmill on Saturday and did Drill Max premix on Sunday. I took today off.

Laurie---I know what you mean about potluck. It is like going to a restaurant buffet....so much to choose from. Way to go with P90x.

Susan----I am an educator and my kids and I both had school today. My husband was off. It is the one federal holiday that he has off when the kids and I both have school. I don't own bootcamp. I was eyeing last week during the sale, but I have ordered a few things lately so I opted not to go for it. Do you have the high step? I want it but it is no longer for sale. I saw one on amazon but I am not sure if it is the same one. I am still trying to figure that out.

Heartymax, I highly recommend Bootcamp. It's just a great all around workout. As for the step, I actually just went to Target and bought a step stool about the same height as her High Step. ;)

Susan

Thanks Susan. I have the 14 inch and 10 inch wooden steps from my days of doing the FIRM. I would love to have additional risers for my club step on the days that I am doing upper body weights. I was thinking if I got the high step that I could use the risers to raise the height of my club step when I needed it. Just doesn't make sense to spend the money right now for it when what i have works.

Morning Ladies,

Did Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit this morning, still having the same problem with those plank moves in the last circuit. I did as many as I could, and then got to enjoy the last four exercises in that workout. :D

Susan, The weather has been wonderful for doing things like hiking. The weather has to turn sooner or later, so be prepared. :D Hope you had a nice day off.

Karen, Dang on being so busy, but totally understand how all those activities can get in the way. Watching our children in there activities is way more important. I always liked having my Mom at my games, and I knew that my Dad was peeking in when he could. Dad worked at the school on second shift. ;)

heartymax, Bootcamp is a good one, put that on your wish list! ;) :eek: Try looking on craigs list or e-bay for that high step. Sometimes you can luck out and get one at a garage sale. I think my purchase of it was a good buy. I still need to get my treadmill fixed! :rolleyes: Another thing on the list of things to do.

Have a wonderful day!

Hello! :) This morning Ruby and I attempted a 2.5 mile run, however, Ruby was not in the mood to run today. She was such a brat!:mad: When we were supposed to turn to go down a different block she started pulling me home! So we only got 2 miles in. This afternoon I went and ran the 2.5 miles by myself. I don't know if it was the heat (74) or the fact that I had just got done working, but that was a rough 2.5 miles! So glad when I was home again (23 minutes). Hope to get some nice, deep stretching in later!

Laurie, great workout today! My day off was nice, didn't get as much reading in as I wanted though!

Hope you all have a good night!

Susan

Susan the weather here has been beautiful....mid 80's the last few days.

Laurie-----planks are a killer. I am not sure how many seconds I can hold them, but it is not long...but better than when I first started doing them. I used to just avoid the planks.

Today was Gym Style Back, Shoulders and Biceps.

Susan - Sounds like Ruby is trying to tell you something. It would be interesting to hear what she is thinking. If I was Ruby it would be something along the lines of "Is this lady crazy?! Again with the running! I just want a nice soft bed." :)

Laurie - Those potlucks are definitely my downfall. If the delicious main dishes and side dishes don't get ya, the desserts definitely will!

Heartymax - I hear ya on not wanting to buy more dvds. I try to spread it out over the year so I'm not spending too much at once. Now we have Drivers Ed to pay for in a couple weeks. Do you believe they charge $335 now?! I think it was about $25 when I was in high school.

Karen - I know the boat you're in but I think you do a better job keeping the boat afloat than I do! LOL When I don't have time to exercise the eating goes out the window, too. At least when you do find the time to workout, you're getting some great workouts in.

On Saturday I did Results Upper and 30-30 modified to take out some of the impact because the knee was twitchy again. Nothing on Sunday. Monday was 2 Leslie Fat Burning miles and Tonique 30 min. "premix" from Exercise TV. I like the shorter version of Tonique even though I have to rewind twice to do the other side. It packs a lot into 30 min. Nothing yet today but planning to do *something* (I don't know what yet) tonight.

Hi,

I got off work early today so I did Michele Dozois Cardio Interval Burn. I know you guys would love that workout. Then I did 10 min. solutions belly,butt, thigh blaster just the ab section with Jessica--really good workout and I really like her.

Sue, I think you do a great job at getting in your exercise. You got some good workouts in the last few days. Are all your kids sports almost over? tonique is a long workout big dread factor for me. Do you have Powersculpt KCM? It is one short but sweet weight workout.

Susan, so did you do 5 miles today? Bummer Ruby is not cooperating. It would be nice to get her exercise in the same time as yours. Glad you enjoyed your day off.

Laurie, You are insane, you actually enjoy the workout.:eek:

Yesterday my one of my sons turned 15. By Jan. we will have 5 teenagers.:eek:

Hi Lala.

Hi! I´ve been really busy too :( but at least have been able to exercise! This past weekend DD 22 and I did a 3 mile walk for breast cancer research, then spent Sat and Sun painting the porch...and still not done :( It looks great, but boy I really don´t like to paint.

Yesterday I did Tabata running for 10 intervals...thought I would die!!! Today MM minus abs...hope to get those in later on !

Susan, glad you enjoyed hiking, and yea, what Laurie said...the weather is bound to change ;) (it´s thundering even as I write this :eek: ) And yes, I hear you about Bootcamp!

Karen, I looked at Michelle´s videos....yes, they look like we´d like them! Are you enabling us???? ;)

Sue, you got a lot of good workouts in. HOw´s the eating going?

Laurie, are you doing the undulating rotation?

Hi Heartymax... enjoy your workouts

Morning Ladies,

I got to work late this morning, because of a major accident involving a motorcycle. Not a good situation when flight for life is at the scene. :( Yesterday I had a lady cut me off twice on the way home, the first time I was like ok she just didn't see me. Then I looked and she was on her cell phone! :rolleyes: The second time I hit the horn! :mad: I was not the only one that she cut off! What a terrible driver.

P90X Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps for me this morning, still need to get in an ab workout after work. Maybe Jackie Warners abs from her Power Circuit Training workout. I remember those being tough.

Susan, Sounds like Ruby was tired, that is what Cami does when she doesn't want to run. You could have her do what mine does, just stop and sit! :eek: Good job getting the run in even though it was a bit tough. I have had that same experience. I stayed up to late last night reading, it was tough to get up this morning.

heartymax, Those planks get better and better the stronger you get. Doing push-ups really helps too.

Sue, I had to LOL about what you thought Ruby was saying, very funny. :D You are getting in some great workout, just keep up the good work. I'm going to get that Tonique workout done one of these days. :eek:

Karen, Those workouts are on my wish list, the more I hear about them the more I think I would like them. They sound like a longer Shred workout. I do like Michelle too. 5 teenagers! I thought I had it bad with two! :D Of course I'm insane, aren't we all. :eek:

Lala, If I could I would have been there helping you paint. I would prefer painting to doing housework! :D I can imagine that the Tabata running was hard, did you use your Gymboss? I'm thinking of sticking to P90X for the full 90 days, and then starting in January going to the Undulating. I'm actually enjoying this current rotation of P90X! :eek: :eek:

Have a wonderful day!

Karen - You've mentioned Michele's workouts before and I took a look at the clips. They do look good and they are on my wishlist. I'm surprised I don't feel more of a dread factor with Tonique. Maybe because it's more cardio to me because I only use 3 pound dumbells. What I dread about it is how my legs and butt feel the next day! :eek: You should try the 30 min. version on Exercise TV. I like this one because it includes cardio, squats, lunges and floorwork so I don't feel like I'm skipping anything. To do the 1st 30 min. of the dvd you only get halfway through the lunges and don't get any floorwork. Wish Sylwia had included a timesaver premix like this on the dvd.

Lala - Still struggling with the eating but it's been better lately. You know that old saying about "Failing to plan is planning to fail"? It's so true so I got out my recipe book and went shopping so I'd be prepared to make better meals. I made Creamy Taco Mac last night with ground turkey, whole wheat bowtie pasta, tomatoes, low fat sour cream (only 1/2 c.) and low fat cream cheese (only 3 oz.). DH & I liked it but the kids weren't big fans. That's always the struggle when I cook healthier. Also, they don't like casseroles or 1 pot meals as a general rule so that really cuts down on my options. It also helps when I do the grocery shopping instead of DH. He is very thrifty so he's always looking for the good deals which is usually on junky food whereas I'm more willing to spend money on healthier foods.

Laurie - I want to make a sign that says "Hang up the darn cell phone!" so I can flash it to people every time I see someone on a cell phone. Ugh! Drives me crazy. DD starts taking Drivers Ed in a few weeks and I've already told her you have to drive like everyone else on the road is crazy and unpredictable. In some cases (like that lady), it's true. ;)

Hi Susan! How's the homework been going this week?

Last night I did the cardio & upper body premix for Drill Max. Oh, my! Great premix. I was sweating like crazy and my shoulders are feeling it today. Today is "Crazy Wednesday" (crazy because of all the kids' activities after work) so may not get anything in today. Good thing I got a good workout in last night.

Hi,

Today I got off early again so I did Jillian Shred it weights, both segments 2 than 1. I really do like this workout.

Sue, my knees end up hurting after tonique. I sure was feeling the pain after KCM powersculpt and Michele's interval workout. It would have been nice if there were premixes on the Tonique workout. Hope you can get a workout in even though you have a very busy night. Drillmax upper, sounds like my next circuit workout.:)

Laurie, good thing you are a good driver. To bad people don't realize how bad it is to talk on a phone while driving. Have you ever done the whole Jackie Power circuit training workout? I have it but have never done it.

Lala, you do so many runs and walks for good causes--nice. Just think how happy you will be when the painting is all done and you have a beautiful porch to look at. How did you set up your intervals? Yes, I am enabling you for the Michele workouts, mostly because you all like athletic, high intensity but not all high impact with lots of kickboxing moves.

Susan, did you get in a run today?

Have a nice afternoon.

HI gang! Today was CTX Kickbox. I like this short, intense workout!:)

Karen, no I get to run again tomorrow, just 2 miles. I like Thursdays cause they are my short run days! :) Hopefully Ruby will be in more of a running mood then!

Laurie, I hate drivers like that!:mad: Drives me nuts. I was stuck in traffic a couple weekends ago due to a motorcycle accident and flight for life coming onto the highway.

Sue, yes, that's probably exactly what Ruby was thinking!:D

Hi Lala! What is Tabata running? Never heard of it...

Homework has been good this week. Both kids are able to handle it without the use of their private tutor (me).;)

Take care! Susan

Today was 40/20 and it was my best one yet!! The jump, turn, tuck jumps always get me on the second go-round. After the first 3 I skip the tucks and just jump! But on the jump over the step, I actually did it...I had been putting down a resistance band and jumping...but what a killer!

Susan, Tabata training is Hiit where you go all out for 20 seconds and rest for 10. the protocol is 8 reps, I did 10, so it´s only 5 minutes, but supposedly it´s the equivalent of a 30 min steady state, at least for cardio gains.

Laurie, yes I did use my gymboss. So I got on the bodyrock website to find the first intervals I did with her and OH MY. It´s like Playboy meet the gym!!

Sue, sounds like a great premix. I love drill max

Karen, you´ve been really busy. Nice when you get home early!

Tonight Gordon Lightfoot is in concert in Wausau...have to go get ready...although I think maybe you all are too young to remember him...but especially here in WI and MN we all know the Edmund Fitzgerald, right?;):eek:

Thanks for the info, Lala. May have to try that some time. As for Gordon Lightfoot, my DH is jealous of you right now. :)

Had a hair appointment this evening so I am squeezing in a moment to check in while checking over homework.

I did Step Moves this morning followed by Abs from Butts and Gutts. Gotta run.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Hi! This morning was a 2 mile run and after work I am getting on the elliptical for 40mn. Ruby did really well today. She likes the cooler temps, and so do I!:)

Heartymax, Step Moves is an oldie but a goodie. Makes me think about pulling an old one out for a weekend workout! I like Power Max and Step Heat too...

Hope you all have a great day!

Stay strong- Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.