BUFF BADGERS 1/8-1/12

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Today will be Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and ABX.

Had a great time on Saturday at our friends party. Stayed out way to late, because we had to get up and go to church the next morning. Sunday was the buffet at Pandl's in Bayside. This is the first time I have ever been there and it was very good. Of course I ate way to much and I'm going to pay for it for a few days. x( Oh well! I will just have to work extra hard on lifting those weights and working my abs. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today I am doing PUB and BM2 cardio premix.

Laurie, Glad you had a nice time at your friends party. I've never heard of Pandl's. Have a great workout and burn those extra calories.

Have a good day!

Hello, BBs!

Laurie - I've never been to Pandl's but I'm sure the extra calories were worth it. :9

Karen - You sure do workout hard. When you double-up on workouts like that do you do them back-to-back?

My legs were sore yesterday and still sore today from PLB despite doing 2 segments of Stretchmax yesterday. This morning I was suppoed to do Imax3 but I substituted Imax instead. I knew my legs would be struggling so didn't want to make it any harder on my body with those next to nothing recovery phases. Tomorrow is GS-CT so the legs will get a rest and hopefully feel better soon. I hate walking around like an old lady. ;)

Have a great day!

Sue

Hi Sue, Yes, I do workouts back to back. PLB is on my schedule for Wed. I haven't done it in a while, I guess I will be sore. Way to go on Imax, I think that one is the hardest of all. I guess that's why I don't do it much. Funny though, it's what I have planned for tomorrow.
At least you have a reason for walking around like an old lady. One of my children is home sick today. It seems at least once a week someone stays home.

Karen - Sorry to hear you have a sick kid. Aside from a case of strep throat (DS) and a little coughing, we've been pretty healthy around here (knock on wood). Hopefully you won't get as sore as I did from PLB. :) I find it interesting that so many people think Imax is the hardest of the 3. For me it's the easiest (relatively speaking, it's still hard!) but maybe because I'm more used to it.

This morning was GS Chest/Triceps. My workout room is cluttered from remodeling so our male cat had nowhere to lie down and watch me workout so he chose to come over and give me the rub while I was doing the pushups. It didn't make them any easier but at least he made me laugh.

Have a tremendous Tuesday! (that's what they put on our sign in the front lobby at work)

Sue

Good Morning BB's,

Sue, That's cute about your cat. Ours normally just runs through when I am stepping, of course almost steping on her. It's nice you got a good laugh in while doing pushups.

Today I am doing Imax 1, KPC premix and abs of some sort.

Laurie, do you see a difference in legs from P90X?

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Everyone is up early this morning :) . I am sore today from Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. During that work out you feel that you are really not doing it right, but I must have worked harder than I thought. I did increase some weights and increased my push-ups.

Today will be plyoX.

Karen, The main things I have seen from my legs are a change in my calfs and the area around my knees. I have very athletic legs, or muscular. I also have fat knees (thank you grandma!), I am losing more fat in the area lower than my knees, but my thighs have not changed as much. I only see slight changes there. I'm guessing this has a lot to do with the plyo. When this rotation is done, I'm going to be adding running back into my rotation. Running was what helped with thinning the thighs for me. I might even add a 30 min light run tomorrow. I miss running the most.

Sue, Cute story about your cat. Our dog used to do the same thing, but I always received a wet sloppy kiss.:) I'm guessing you are right about Imax & Imax3. You get more rest between the intervals so your heart rate isn't going batty. Maybe that is why I like Imax and dread doing Imax3.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hey guys,

I ended up doing Plyo X. Yikes! What a workout. No fun factor but boy am I tired. I was going to do more cardio before I started but when I was finished there was not going to be any more cardio. I did manage to do ab ripper.

Laurie, I can see why you might like Imax now, it's similar to Plyo X with so many athletic moves as compared to dancy.

Anyway, just thought I'd post my thoughts on this workout. I bet you would like this one Sue.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Laurie - I miss running, too! Should we start a support group? LOL I know it's been a mild winter so far but I just can't psych myself up to go outside at 5:30 a.m. in the dark and cold. My basement is much warmer! Have to keep working on DH for that treadmill.}( :+

Karen - I've heard a lot of rave reviews about Plyo X so I'm sure I would like it. I probably wouldn't feel like doing any other cardio afterwards either.

So happy to report I did MIC Hi/Lo this morning! :) I'm happy because MIC has the dread factor of an Imax for me and the hi/lo is the toughest. I subbed it for a 30 min. interval run. Also did Kickmax leg conditioning drills so the legs will be sore again tomorrow. Was supposed to do Coremax #1 as well but ran out of time. Tonight or later this week perhaps.

Have a great day everyone.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today is Back & Biceps and ABX for me.

I would say the one thing that doing the P90X rotation has taught me is that I may have been slacking on my Cathe's. I never wore my heart rate monitor when doing Cathe's workouts, now I need to put it on for all my cardio. Just to make sure that I'm in my zone, and if I'm not I need to work harder.

Karen, yep athletic aspect, that is exactly why I think I like both PlyoX and Imax.

Sue, congrats on MIC. I wish she would do another one like this, but make the warm up shorter. I guess I like the torture to start earlier. (well maybe not) :D Runners support group, ya I need that. But maybe tonight I can get in that 30 min fix.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

I am doing PLB and X legs and back today. I will run either today or tomorrow since these two days are suppose to get to 32 degrees or so. Funny, I never thought I would miss running but I do when I don't get it in at least once a week. I brave the cold at least once a week.

MIC has a dread factor for me also. It's just so long. I don't mind breaking up the parts. I don't dread the Imaxes though, except Imax and now Plyo X.

Nice we can all learn something from a new program. Now when you go back to Cathe, Laurie, you will know how hard to push yourself. I can't ever seem to get my heartrate moniter to work. I finally just gave up. I don't like the feel of it any how.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Good morning!

Laurie & Karen - Sounds like you guys have been getting some X-cellent workouts in. :+ Sorry. It's from being around my DH for almost 20 years and enduring his bad puns. I wear my HRM everytime I do cardio. Usually don't have trouble keeping my heartrate high enough with my Cathes though. In fact, oftentimes it's too high (Imax1/2/3, MIC, BM2) and I'll pause until it comes down a bit.

Did GS BSB this morning. Biceps were especially hard today.

Only working a half day because I need to take DD to her first orthodontist appt. She's getting braces and this is the one where they take impressions, x-rays, etc. I never had braces so I don't know much about it or what to expect. Poor girl is a little apprehensive so I hope they reassure her today.

Have a great Thursday! (yeah, the weekend's almost here!)

Sue

Morning BB's,

Sue, my daughter has braces. The molding part is not bad. When the braces are put on they hurt for 3-4 days. Then all is well. After each tightening they hurt for a day or so and then all is well again. DD has had braces for 2 years. Hope you do a good job reassuring her.

Today I am doing KBX Amy Bento and ab ripper. I didn't end up doing PLB because I was to tired after X legs and back. I am a whimp. I guess its not bad to say as long as I say it about myself.

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

Today will be YogaX for me. Didn't get my run in yesterday, had to get to the grocery store so I didn't have enough time. Oh well, maybe I can take 30 min and run on the treadmill at Blue Harbor Resort on Saturday. Yes, my MIL booked a suite and we are headed up there this weekend. In fact I'm taking tomorrow off so I can get everything ready. When the girls get off the bus we are headed up there. Need to let them have some swim fun right?

Sue, I think that is why I need to wear the thing more often. I have probably gotten my HR to high doing some Cathe's and then get so tired that I don't finish the workout like I should because my legs get too tired.

Karen, Xlegs is very deceptive in how the legs get worked. Even though you are not using any weights.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Morning all and TGIF!

Laurie - Have a great time at Blue Harbor this weekend! A little R&R will be relaxing and if you get a workout in, too, that's a bonus. :)

Karen - You're definitely not a wimp so you're not allowed to call yourself one. ;)

All went well yesterday with the records appt. Now we don't go back until mid-February to find out what her treatment will be so probably not until the end of Feb for her braces.

Did Step Blast this morning. Ooh, boy it was a tough one but I made it through.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

Good Morning BB's,

Laurie, have fun this weekend. I have to get our kids swimming more often. It's nice they have something they enjoy.

Sue, glad all went well at the appt. I love Step Blast. By the end of that one it's all I can do to finish. Nice job.

Today I am doing X shoulders and arms and some short cardio. I am slowly getting sucked into the X. Tomorrow I am doing Chest Back X and ab ripper and Sun., yoga X or cardio.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hello BB's,

Well I finally have control of the computer. DH finally got off, he was doing something for work. I completed Legs & Back and ABX. I plan on taking tomorrow as a rest or is flying down waterslides considered rest. All those steps that you need to get up. :D I will be doing KenpoX on Sunday then.

Sue, glad to hear the appt went well. So far our oldest doesn't need braces. And our youngest they haven't said yet.

Karen, The X will get you. Watch out! :D

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.