Buff Badgers 1/26-1/30

lvnascar

Cathlete
Dang busy this weekend, but I did manage to sqeeze in BBC Fat Blaster Upper Body on Saturday, and Sunday was Seg 1&2 of Stretchmax! Had our first workshop for our guilde on Sunday, and it was a very good workshop!

Sue, Sorry to hear that you are not getting the support you need. I can understand why you gained the weight, with all the stress that you are under. :(

Lala, How cool to get the exchange students together. I bet they had a great time.

Karen, We went to see Inkheart. Recommed it when it comes out on DVD! Little bit scary in some portions, but well acted and good plot! Of course it probably wasn't as good as the book. :D

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

Laurie

Last edited:
Hi all,

Today I did Kettlebell Way 1 and pilates stretch.

Laurie, sounds like you had a productive weekend. Glad the guile went well, maybe it will be a good year. Glad you enjoyed the movie.

Lala, no snowshoeing this weekend. Too cold. Yikes, I am not that brave. Actually didn't do any workouts on the weekend.

Hi to all and have a great day.

good afternoon!

This am I did sleep max! Actually felt so exhausted that I stayed home and slept til 10:30...am still in bed, although with my computer, obviously!

I may just take this as a rest week if I still feel awful tomorrow. I hate to miss school...really :). I feel like we get so far behind.

Karen, it´s supposed to warm up this w/e, so maybe you´ll get some snowshoeing in!

Laurie, 2 segments of stretch max! That probably felt really good! I know I need to stretch more, especially for my running.

Hi Dani, Sue, and Susan!

Hello there!

My weekend was pretty good. Just stayed around the house mostly. Finished a good book, took a nice nap.. It was nice! Saturday I did the elliptical for 45mn and some pilates, yesterday was just pilates for 50mn. I was so tired yesterday, for no apparent reason, hence the napping I did!;)I am still pooped today, maybe it's a virus or something....

My weight still stayed the same last week. However, I just started taking the increase on my thyroid meds so that might help kick things up a notch.

Sue, I am sorry about your work situation! That just sucks! I know my DH hates it when people don't pull there weight at work and he has to do most of it .It's frustrating. I hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel for you. Take care of yourself!

Lala, sounds like you and I have the same "sleepy" bug!;) Hope you feel rested soon!

Hi Karen and Laurie, and Dani!

Morning!

Today I have done BBC Fat Blaster Upper Body and MS Abs Beginner. Will get to the gym tonight for Leg and shoulder work.

Karen, I'm hoping for a good faire season. DH is going to be heading out to Vegas in April, and since he is going to be there over the weekend, he will go to CA for their Ren Faire. I really wish I could go with him. :( The weather in Southern CA will probably be really nice. :(

Lala, Hope you start feeling better. I know that my DD really suffered with her Spanish class when the teacher went out for maturnity. The sub just didn't teach in the same style. Oh yes the stretching really felt good. If you have Total Body stretch, the Basic Stretch in that one is great after a run. It is only 13 min, and really is concentrated on stretching those legs.

Susan, Crossing my fingers that the new meds help you. Could the change in the dosage be causing you to be tired until your body adjusts?

Laurie

Hi BB's,

Will be doing some type of cardio later today. Have to go help in DD6 kindergarten class today.

Laurie, it would be nice to go with you DH and enjoy some nice warm weater. It sure won't be warm here by then. Have fun working legs at the gym. I'll bet you can get some pretty good weight load now.

Susan, hope you get some energy back.

lala, you must have needed sleep. My DD16 is so happy to be out of Spanish. I think some teachers forget how to teach and just because they know it, the kids should too.

Hi to everyone else. i have to run.

Lala – Sleeping until 10:30 sounds good! I agree that your body needed it. Something about this cold weather that makes me sleepier, too. I know you teach Spanish but I thought you’d get a kick out of knowing that my DD said she wants to be a French teacher when she grows up.

Susan – Awesome workouts as usual. What thyroid med are you on? Is it Synthroid? I take Levothyroxine which is the generic synthroid.

Laurie – I’m happy to hear your Guilde Meetings are starting up again because that means summer is getting closer! Southern CA in April would be nice. Are you sure you can’t go? ;)

Karen – You sound busy as usual. I wish I worked closer to home so I could help out at school sometimes. The teachers really appreciate the help and you find out so much more about what’s going on in the classroom.

Busy day again at work. I’ve got to start counting to 10 because I’ve been losing my temper a lot and I think people are concerned I’m close to a mental breakdown. I’m kidding – sort of. :confused: The bright side is that I’m now officially part of the lottery group in my dept. We each pay $1 a week and pool our money to buy tickets. I told DH about it and he said I should join. One guy at work said “We’d hate to leave you behind, Sue.” (when they win the big money and all quit their jobs that is)

This morning I did B&G abs but I skipped the planks because my abs were screaming at me already! Then I did Leslie Sansone for about 2 ¾ mile before I had to get ready for work. My butt and inner thighs are sore from B&G Leg Blast yesterday.

Can’t wait for the weekend to get here. . .

Morning!

Today I have done BBC Fat Blaster Lower Body and MS Lower Beg. I changed my mind about going to the gym last night. Since I was doing the BBC lower body workouts today, I though the leg workout at the gym would be best today. So I will be getting there after work. ;)

Almost forgot to say: I received my shipping notice, and will have STS by Friday!

Karen, I can really work those legs at the gym. The other body parts I can do at home no problem, but getting that extra weight load/resistance is great. Hope you had fun with your DD's class.

Sue, I sure do wish I could go, but his conference lands when the girls are not off of school. Just a bummer. There will be a point that I will be able to go. Breath in Breath out! That is what you are going to have to do sometimes to keep yourself sane! ;)

Laurie

Last edited:
Hello! Today I am just drained! I am sitting here talking myself into getting downstairs to do something. My cycle started and lately it has been draining me of any energy. Today I did not want to get up so I even missed my morning walk!:mad: And on top of that I am cold all the time! I just can't get warm. Dr. says that part of my thyroid problem.

Sue, I too am on Levothyroxine. She said if this dose doesn't help, she'd think about switching me to the "natural" thyroid meds.

Laurie, sounds like you're excited about STS! :D Had to chuckle about the breathe in and breathe out thing. While the kids were driving me nuts today I was standing in the kitchen saying "Take a deep breath in, and blow it slowly out". While I too was breathing in/out. The kids stopped what they were bickering about and just watched me. Then told me I was weird! Hey, it got them to stop!

Hi Lala! Hope you got some energy back!

Hi Karen! Any luck with a different car yet?

I better get moving.... C U L8TR!

Good Morning,

Yesterday I did KBW2. Today I will do KPC or Imax 3.

I have a really bad headache today. Woke up with it, actually I never went to sleep so I guess I just got up with it. Having a very hard time sleeping since I stopped taking Calcium. Don't have money to buy it, lucky to have money for groceries. No luck with the van situation. The only reason we are even able to look for a new van is because my parents said they will pay the downpayment and any difference in monthly payment we would incurr. They are so great. I wish I could repay them for everything they have done for us. It is very hard to find an 8 passenger vehicle that is not over the top in price. Enough complaining.

susan, sorry you are so tired. Me too. I am actually glad to hear you say your kids were bickering. Boy mine go at it when they are home. Glad you were able to breath out of it. Hope you are feeling better today. Did you order STS?

Laurie, you sure are enjoying your BBC. Glad you are enjoying your gym membership also. Is DD still going with you and running? I love going to DD class. I traced sillouettes of the kids and cut them out.

Sue, great job on B&G. Don't you just love that workout? Hope things get better at work. No nervous breakdowns aloud. Glad you are havin some good eating days. Keep it up. I know you can make it through this time. Congrats to DD on such a great Algebra score. You must be proud!!!

Hi to the rest of you BB.

Have a great day. Oh, almost forgot STS will be arriving on Tue. Laurie, want to wait for me to start?

Morning!

Today I have gotten BBC Fat Blaster Upper Body, and a MS Upper. I am going to the gym for Back & Chest.

Susan, Oh I know about the lazy's with TTOM. I was sleeping by 9:30 last night because of PMS. I always have one day just before I start that I'm just so tired. And because of that everyone in the house had to fend for themselves as far as what they eat for dinner. :eek: I just didn't know what to cook! :rolleyes: Hope those meds start kicking in so you start getting warm at least! ;)

Karen, I will wait for you on the STS, because I still need to do the 1RM. :rolleyes: I would also like to pre-view some of these discs also! I'm hoping the Plyo Legs isn't to intense! :D I'm so into these BBC workouts with some added weight work, that I don't know if I can stop! :eek: LOL! Had you planned on doing the 3 or 6 mo. rotation?

Laurie

Hi everyone ! I missed you all! This has turned into a rest week for me...I've just been so tired. But I don't have anything to blame it on:(. So, I hope that by Monday I'm ready to start my STS!! Actually Hope that I have it by Monday. I ordered it in August, so I may not have it right away.

Karen, that is so great of your parents. DDs parents are like that, too. HOpe you find some transportation soon! RE: calcium, can you get enough by drinking milk?

Sue, sounds like you are able to control yourself well at work ;). Wouldn't that be great to win the lottery :D So DD want to teach French! You all may want to think about student exchange programs, at least once she's in college! It's tough work, but summers off is GREAT :)

Susan, hope you get over the "tireds", too. It's just kind of annoying, isn't it?

Enjoy the rest of the week. It's supposed to be "warm" by Sat, so maybe I'll get a run in!

Good Morning,

Today I am doing B&G premix and spinning. (hopefully) It will probably end up being one or the other since I have to meet on the mathathon for DD and DS elementary school.

lala, I can't drink milk. It cloggs my throat up. Also, I think the kind of calcium they put in milk is so processed your body can't use it. So, did you get a shipping notice from UPS yet? I won't get mine until Mon. so I will start on Tue. Glad you were smart and took a rest week. Now you will be ready for STS. Yea! When you run do you put anything on your shoes to keep you from slipping or are your sidewalks/roads clear enough to run on?

Laurie, wow, you are hooked on BBC. That is great you found something that you aren't tired of. I plan on doing the 3 month rotation. I even put in on the workout calender. If you are not ready to start because of your love for Barry, I understand.

Hi to the rest of you BB. Have a great day.

Hi!:)

Well, I sure am happy it's Friday! It's taken forever to get here! My week has just been crappy. I was so tired and lacked all motivation. My workouts stunk! After school today I have to run into town to get my DD some long underwear. She is going to go on a sledding trip with our church youth group and apparently she grew out of her old pair! Now, hopefully, somewhere I can find some! Wish me luck! I have been able to sneak in pilates a little every day which is good. That's the nice thing about pilates, you can do a little or a lot, either way it helps!

DD is in a spelling Bee today at her Middle School. Hope she does well! She's a pretty good speller. I asked her what kind of words does she need to know and she answered "Just open the dictionary!"

Lala, hope that come Monday you are all rested and ready to go!:D

Have a nice, relaxing weekend ladies! We deserve it!

Susan

Morning!

This morning was BBC Fat Blaster Lower Body plus BBC MS Abs Beginner. Will get to the gym for Chest & Biceps, since nothing is going on tonight that I can think of. :D

Karen, I'm glad you are able to get yourself a van, so nice of your parents to do that for you. I actually tried a 1RM last night on one bicep exercise, and lifted 17.5 lbs for 15 reps. Will have to see what the max weight load is for that when I enter it into the WM. When where you planning on starting?

Lala, Hope the weekend gives you that much needed boost of energy. I'm looking forward to some warm weather for a change. Getting up this morning was torture! :D

Susan, Well now I am happy it is Friday too! You and lala will hopefully get that much needed rest. Or maybe with the warm weather you can get out for some sun! Might be lack of Vitamin D! ;) I saw some long underwear at Kohl's, and I though about buying some for my youngest.

OK so here is something for you all to have a good laugh at. I was coming home from doggy daycare with Cami, and I was letting her out the side door of the van. BIG MISTAKE! Without my knowledge there where two deer in our back yard! Cami took off like a shot after them (they seemed to be a bit surprised about this dog chasing them!:rolleyes:). Well I was out calling her, and I figured that she would come home when she was through running. It was about 15 min after she left that I was going to go out the door to call for her again, when here she comes dashing through the open door! :eek::mad::D Dang Dog! :D I just worry about her getting hit by a car when she is doing something like this. Because she seems to find her way back from her deer chasing episodes!

Laurie

Hey Laurie, we have deer that like to eat off our apple tree or eat out of my bird feeder. If I don't see them, Ruby will take off after them but she usually only goes about 2 houses down and turns and heads home. I am glad Cami finds her way back safely!

Karen, I meant to say, that it's great of your parents to help you out! They sound like awesome people!

I forgot to add that this week I lost 2.5lbs. I don't know how I did it, but I think it may have been my clean eating all weekend, and this week too. :)

Susan, I wish that Cami would only go a couple of houses down. She must not go very far though, I think the snow kind of slowed her down. Deer can run really fast.

Laurie

Awesome Job, Laurie!!

I did not weigh-in today!:( With my cycle starting, and the bad week I had, I thought it best to wait a day or 2! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.