Buff Badgers 1/21-1/25

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

This mornings workout was Legs & Back, and then tonight will be ARX and maybe some jump rope.

;( about the Packers. I still love that team, but it sure didn't go our way yesterday. I'm still trying to figure out where all the 5 wide receiver plays went that got them to where they where. Oh well, hopefully next year will be the year. :D

Saturday I did manage to get my nieces cowgirl outfit finished. It was pink with brown fringe, and she looked adorable walking out of the house with it on. I'm sure when she got home, my sister had to get her horse out so she could be a cowgirl. ;-) Never did get out to do shopping on Friday, it was just to cold.

Jill, Do you have a new set of goals for this week?

Susan, Happy belated Birthday! Hope your day was a good one. Circuit Max is a hard one for sure. I like the way she uses Hi/Lo, KB and the step in that one.

Sue, How did your no-caffine weekend go? Where you able to stay on the plan? I usually have the most caffine when the weekends roll around. Because of the cold it feels good too.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Sorry guys but I think I jinxed the Packers.:( I watched the game and that's why they lost! They always lose when I watch but when it went into overtime I had to see how it would turn out. Blame the Amazing Race, too. I was switching back and forth (DS and DH were watching downstairs so he could yell and cheer all he wanted) between AR and the game and AR was over.

Laurie - No problems with the no caffeine over the weekend. The full work week will be a real test though. I ordered Power Yoga For Happiness so looking forward to that. I chose the free shipping option from amazon so I'll have to wait awhile.
Day 24 of 12 Week Challenge
Day 5 of No Caffeine

Did Butts and Gutts Leg Blast on Saturday and my butt is still sore! (Owie) Yesterday I did Amy's Kickbox Xtreme. This morning I did upper body on my own BFL pyramid style.

Sue

Hey girls.
Laurie, since I didn't make last week's goals 100%, they'll remain the same lol.
Sue, you didn't jinx them, don't worry! I can't believe how many people are being so mean and saying Brett is old and it's his fault they lost. Wow, how people turn!

I watched TAR too. I was okay with the winners; not really cheering for anyone in particular. They were so laid back they were kind of boring.

Full flung tax season now so it's hard to check in. :( Took the day off of exercise yesterday, but I'll be working out as soon as my oatmeal settles in my stomach.

DS is home again - still sick. This cold has really lingered. It's the cough that makes me keep him home; he just doesn't understand to cover his mouth all the time and I'm sure his teachers don't appreciate being coughed on.

Have a good Tuesday!! Drive safely if you're going out in the snow!
Jill

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Kickmax, and boy did I sweat. It did feel good though.

Jill, Sorry to hear that DS is still sick. These winter colds can be bad, because the cold wind makes the coughing increase. I agree with you on the Farve bashing. He isn't the only guy on the field playing. x( Guess I don't like it when they bash my favorite player do I. :D

Sue, I think that you will enjoy the workouts from PY4H. He actually makes the practice of yoga fun, and he has people of different levels. The camera even shows the different levels, instead of the whole group. Sounds like you are getting in some great workouts.

Susan, Are you covered with too much snow this morning? I heard you received a bunch!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, guys!

Laurie - Kickmax is one I have to dig out one of these days. Did you do the legwork at the end, too?

Jill - You're right - I don't think it's fair to blame the Packers loss on 1 person.

Crazy day yesterday. Worked 12 hours and then had to drive home on terrible, slippery roads (after I uncovered my car which was buried under a mountain of snow!) In early today so no workout. Will try to fit something in but that may not happen. This week is crazy. We're installing a complex software system that HAS to be done this week (come hell or high water). Eating went well yesterday despite working late. Had a turkey sandwich out of the vending machine which wasn't that bad (whole grain bread, no mayo). I could really go for a Diet Mountain Dew right now but I am resisting and drinking my water.

Sue

HI there! Sorry I was so busy and not feeling well so I didn't get to the computer!

Since I was under the weather yesterday I did not workout. Still achey today but plan on doing IMAX (#1) later. We did get a lot of snow and now the roads are yucky! I shoveled a little bit this morning but then hubby came out and told me to stop! He knew I wasn't feeling well....

Over the weekend I did Rythmic Step and the elliptical (60mn). I had a great Birthday. Was hoping the Packers would win and add to my celebration but... oh well! They're young and will be back next year!

My week is crazy after school, appointments almost every night! How's a girl supposed to get her exercise in?! It's weeks like this that drive me crazy!!

See ya tomorrow (I hope!) Susan

Hey guys-quick hello from me and that's it. Office day today and I"m about to leave but wanted to say good morning!

No workout this morning. I slept very badly-I think I'm getting DS's cold back. No fair! I already had it the first week of this month! But my throat is really sore and I'm stuffy............hopefully that will be all I get so it doesn't interfere with my work schedule, which as you all know is bad right now.

Have a great day!! I am going shopping with my mom after work, so I won't be able to check in again.

Jill

Morning BB's,

Todays workout was Total Body Stretch (all three segements). I didn't feel like doing StretchX this morning. :D

Jill, I'm hoping that you are not coming down with that cold again. Hope your day goes by quickly, and enjoy the shopping with your mom. I will be heading out after work too, need to get DD10 a black pair of pants.

Susan, Take care of yourself and don't push it. I agree with you on the running around. Sometimes you wonder when it will ever end. Will it be until they are out the door, and headed to college. :D

Sue, Looks like everyone is having a crazy busy week so far. Nope I didn't do the leg drills. I did the bootcamp premix, because of the 60 min. time limit. x( But that premix reminds me of KPC, with the cardio before the boxing drills.

Have a great day!

Laurie

HI there! I am doing alright today so I am going to jump on the elliptical and see if it helps shake out this bug. I planned on doing IMAX yesterday but I was so sore and tired, achey, I just sat down and didn't want to get back up! Now I am headed downstairs to workout! I'll listen to my body though. I'd like to go 50mn but we'll see....

Have a good night! Susan

Just wanted to say a quick hi. Office yesterday and then shopping with my mom. It was fun but my cold is really bad now. This is the second cold I've had this month and it really bums me out. There must be some bad germs going around cuz I usually don't get more than one cold a year.

Anyway, work is hectic so I'll check in when I can and get caught up reading. :)

Jill

Morning BB's,

Today I was suppose to do Core Syn, but I wanted to try IntervalX+. The interval workout won out. And what a great workout this one is. I really do like how Tony does interval work. :D I guess it must be the athletic way it is done. I get confused so quickly. :D

Sue, I'm guessing that your project is taking up all your time. Hope you get the new system up and running without any hitches.

Susan, Did the elliptical get the bug out of your system? Totally understand the not wanting to get up when you just don't feel good.

Jill, Sorry to hear that you are getting another cold. That is what happened to DH also. He has had this cough/congestion since Oct. I'm thinking that he is going to have to go in to the ear/nose and throat doc to get tubes put in his ear.

DH just called and said that one of our faire members just passed away. He had a heart attack on Monday. He was one of my favorite people to talk to. ;(

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi! Well I stayed on the elliptical for the full 50mn yesterday but I'm still a bit achey. Probably from the darn machine now! LOL! I have a meeting in just a bit and then another stop after that so no workout for me today! :-( However, the kids don't have school tomorrow so I plan on kicking my butt somehow!:D

Stay strong- Susan

Morning BB's,

Workout today was MTV Power Yoga.

Went to DD10's band concert last night, and they did a very good job. They sounded better than the 6th grade, and I'm guessing that is why the director had them play last. Apparently they have never had the 5th grade play at this mid year concert. They usually wait for them to play in the spring. He wanted to put them in this one to show how well they are doing.

Susan, Hope the aches are from the elliptical. :D So your kids have today off! Do they have inservice already. It amazes me how fast the time goes by.

Jill, Hope your day isn't too busy. Taxes, Taxes, Taxes. Can't be all that fun. ;-)

Sue, Hope you are having a good day!

Have a great day,

Laurie

Hi, Laurie! They cut 5th grade band this year in Waukesha so your DD is lucky to have the opportunity to play. Good for her they sounded better than the 6th graders! :7

This has been a horrid week - workwise, exercise-wise and eating-wise. Hoping to restart today but everyone here is stressed out and crabby. Glad I'm off this afternoon.

Hi Susan and Jill! Hope everyone gets over their colds and has a nice weekend.

Sue

Hi there! I hope to do BodyMax today but I have a whole list of things to get done first!

My DD11 is in 5th grade band too! She pays the French Horn. She's the only one! She said they are learning to play music from "The Chronicals of Narnia" for the Spring concert. She's excited!

Sue, sorry things are stressful for you right now. Glad you have the afternoon off! Enjoy!!

Have a safe weekend! At least the temperatures are going to try and climb up a little bit!

Take care- Susan

Hey ladies. I am still really sick. Just barely making it through my day. I actually laid down and slept in the afternoon yesterday. I think the same will happen for today. I am missing my workouts!! I hope to be better by Monday so I can get back on schedule. Just wanted to say have a nice weekend!
Jill

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.