BUFF BADGERS 1/2-1/5

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Well I'm finally back to work. I have been sick most of the time I was on vacation. Must have caught something from my trip up north. So working out has been hit or miss. It depended on how I felt. Still don't feel 100%, cough is annoying.

Today I will be doing PlyoX, still going with P90X. But now it has been extended because of sickness.

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Laurie, sorry to hear you have been sick. I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. I hope your cough goes away soon. Take it easy and have fun with Plyo X.

Today I was going to do upper body but I hurt my shoulder trying pullups yesterday and my chiro said I should rest it. He did put it in again--I hope. Anyway, I am now planning on doing Imax 3.

Have a great day everyone.

Happy New Year, BBs!

Laurie - Take care of that cough.:)

Karen - Take care of that shoulder.:)

Hope no other BBs are on the sick or injured list. Sounds like our family lucked out with the flu so far this year (knock on wood). Others around here were sick last week, too.

Weighed and measured myself yesterday and did NOT like the results! x( I was up 6 pounds but already down 2 today so hopefully most of that was water and will come off quickly. Still have lots of chocolate around the house to get rid of. Anybody want some? I did break down and have a few Whitman's chocolates but believe me it could have been a lot worse! LOL

Started Cathe's January rotation yesterday. So far so good. Yesterday was Imax2 and today was SJP. Feels good to be back at work and in a routine again. Yeah, I say that now. In a few weeks I'll be longing for time off again. ha ha

Have a good day everyone.

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today will be Back & Biceps and ABX. First time doing this one.

Felt fine doing the work out yesterday, and then later that night I started to get a stuffy nose again. Go figure.

Sue, we still have lots of goodies at our house. I got rid of some on New Years. But I may have to bring some of the stuff into work, so I don't eat it at home.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning All,

I am going to do gym style chest & tri, ab ripper and a run.

Sue, Me me me!!! I'll take some chocolate. I don't need it but I'll sure take it anyway. The Jan. rotation does look good and I love SJP. Still trying to figure out if I can give up Cathe and do P90X. I am not confident I can.

Laurie, Glad you got your workout in before you got stuffy again. I suppose toward the end of the day we get tired and things seem to get worse again. Take it easy and get well soon.

Have a nice day.

Karen - Okay, chocolate is on its way;-) I think it would be hard to give up Cathe for 12 weeks, too. I've been working out to her since 2000 and even though I've added workouts from other instructors, I still do Cathe 80-90% of the time. P90X is a good system though from what I hear. I'm tempted to buy it myself although $120 right after Christmas and property taxes is just too much money to spend right now.

Laurie - Good job on your P90X rotation! Are you still in phase 1? Sorry to hear you're still fighting that cold. I heard on the radio this morning that there are a lot of cold viruses out there this season.

I was supposed to do a 45 minute steady state run + B&G stability ball abs. Did the regular B&G abs instead (oops) and subbed Gilad Fat Burning Workout for the run. I started doing Amy's Hi/Lo Xtreme and after Imax2 and SJP 2 days in a row, it was just too much high impact and my body didn't feel like jumping around to Amy so I switched over to Gilad.

Happy Hump Day!

Sue

Edited to add:
P.S. Karen - I just read your post to that woman with 5 children who feels too lazy sometimes to workout. Your post was very nice and both of you amaze me. 6 kids? YIKES! How do you find the time to use the bathroom? :eek: ;) :+

Sue, if you had P90X would you start it? Thanks for the chocolate. Boy, shipping is going fast. Do you always sub runs? Do you have a treadmill? It was probably good you decided against more high impact. Give yourself a break. As for the bathroom thing--run fast and go quick. Just kidding. Have a nice day.

Hi all - I just wanted to thank those who gave me suggestions for restaurants in Waukesha, before the holidays. I went with Jake's and the gift certificates went over very well! Thanks again for your suggestions and Happy New Year!!

Good Morning BB's,

Today on tap is GS legs, a run, and abs. I guess I'll have to wait for the light to run, so GS first.

Hope everyone is feeling well.

Have a good day.

Morning BB's,

Today will be yogaX for me.

Karen, Yes I'm still suffering from my cold. Yesterday after my workout I stood there sneezing for about 5 min. I think that the workout is making everything better. :D I feel really good today.

Sue, I'm really enjoying the P90X experience. So far I have not missed my Cathe's too much. I see the benifits that doing this rotation has given me so far. But once this is done I think I will enjoy my Cathe's even more.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Yes! I would definitely start it. Just watched the infomercial this morning and got excited about it again. Just a matter of time before I cave and buy it I imagine.

No, I don't have a treadmill although I desperately want one. I've been asking for one for over a year now and last weekend DH dangled a carrot in front of me and said that after we remodel downstairs and get the family room (also my exercise area) cleaned up, we can consider getting one. He's starting to cave. I just have to keep working on him;-)

Sue

Did PLB this morning. Those 1 legged leg lifts on the ball are SO hard!

Karen - How do you possibly run on the same day as GS Legs - especially AFTER GS Legs? :eek: I'm impressed.

Laurie - Glad to hear you're still enjoying P90X. I think I need to get DH to watch that infomercial so he'll want to order it, too. ;)

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Sue, Anything on the ball is difficult for me. I dread the ball segments on lower body workouts all the time. I actually did my 3 mile run before GS legs. Besides missing Cathe, I already look like I want. I am very defined and strong. I can do 5 pullups on my new bar with never doing them before. I can do all the pushups on my toes for every workout I've tried. Do I need P90X? I have it but what will I gain? I probably could get stronger but why? I guess that's why I haven't started it yet. Boy I am long winded today. Hope you hubby caves and you get your treadmill and P90X. I wish I had a treadmill too. Not likely.

Talk to you later. I have to get some groceries.

Morning BB's,

Today is Friday, yipee. I will be tackling Legs & Back and ABX when I get home from work. Saturday is KenpoX and Sunday is StretchX.

We will be going to a party on Saturday and Sunday will be celebrating Christmas with DH's side of the family. So we have another busy weekend ahead.

Can't believe how warm it is outside. Woke up to 49 deg.

Have a great day and weekend,

Laurie

Good morning BB's,

I read my last post yesterday and it sounded like I was perfect. Far from it. Just trying to decide if I should do X or not.

Anyway, today I am planning Gym Styles Back,Shoulders and Biceps. Don't know what cardio I will add yet.

Have a great day.

Karen - The way I read your post is that you are happy with the muscle you've built and don't want to build any more - not that you thought you were perfect. Wow! 5 pullups is impressive.

You bring up some interesting points concerning P90X in regard to goals. I need to lose 20 pounds and get more cut but don't need to add muscle - just maintain what I have - so I'm not sure P90X is for me. It seems most people add quite a bit of muscle doing P90X. From what I've read I should be doing circuits, endurance training and more cardio. But when I do these kind of workouts I get hungrier and eat more. Just can't win. Lately, however, my diet has been good. I started Jan. 1 back on the Body for Life plan which has given me the most success and so far am down 4 pounds. Yeah, I know that's water weight that I gained over the holidays but it still feels good to see the scale go down.:)

Laurie - TGIF is right! We won't be celebrating Christmas with DH's relatives until January 21 at the earliest. Have fun this weekend.

I was in early this morning for an upgrade which turned into the upgrade from hell but at least it's over and I get to leave early. Will do PUB tonight and Kickbox cardio + Kickmax blasts + stretchmax #1 tomorrow. Sunday is rest.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

Sue, did you buy the book body for life? Where did you get it? I am looking to eat better. I am a junk aholic. It sounds like you have an awesome kickbox workout scheduled for tomorrow. Congrats on losing 4 pounds. That's great.

Have a good weekend.

Yes, I have Bill Phillips Body for Life book. DH and I both did the plan originally late 1999 and ever since I've done 5-6 mini meals a day. It helped me realize I was eating way too many carbs, especially processed ones, and not nearly enough protein. I use his shakes every once in awhile but not every day. It's very motivational to read his book so I recommend going to your library and checking it out. I *think* we bought our book at amazon.com but just about any place that sells books will have it including Target and Walmart.

HTH,
Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.