BUFF BADGERS 1/12-1/16

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Don't have much time today, starting off my week really busy. That could be from taking only one day off. Oh well we had a good weekend.

I will be doing Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps plus ABX.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Laurie, did you have fun climbing those stairs to the waterslides? I hope you had an enjoying weekend.

I am doing the same as Laurie but an going to try to add Imax 3 onto the end because I will be gone tomorrot. I don't know about that. I got a nice 5 mile run in yesterday. A tad bit cold but worth getting outside for. Today is shoveling.

Did you guys get any snow. I haven't watched the weather in a while, just know what we got by looking out the door.

Have a wonderful day.

Laurie - Glad you had a good time. I felt like I spent most of my weekend working around the house or running errands so not very restful. :( At least I got a lot done.

Karen - Good job on your 5 miler outside yesterday. I did my usual 1 mile walk around the block (it's a big block) and was freezing when I was done. In addition to my workouts I've been adding on this walk daily. It's my goal to do this every day this year. Start Jan. 1 and haven't missed a day yet.

Hope you're going or doing something fun tomorrow.

We had about 2 inches on the ground this morning but it's been snowing all day. Saw a car in the ditch this morning but I didn't think the roads were too bad.

On Saturday I did GS Legs + Coremax #2. Yesterday was supposed to be a brisk 50 min. walk + stretch. Did my 1 mile walk and was going to sub in a light cardio but never got around to it. This morning was Imax2 while DH was outside shoveling. :+ Yes, I felt a little bad about that but I'll shovel tonight to make up for it.

Sue

Sue, It's great you are still keeping up on your walking. That is a great goal,especially in Wisconsin. Are you sore from gymstyle legs? That workout always gets me. The snow stopped here so all the shoveling is done. That's just a little more cardio for me.

I decided I'd just add the blasts from Imax 3 onto the end of my workout today.

Enjoy.

Morning BB's,

Today will be the work out that I was suppose to do yesterday, Chest, Shoulders & Triceps plus ABX. When I got home I received so many phone calls and a girl scout showed up at my door also (can't believe they are already starting to sell cookies). Didn't have enough time to finish the workout before I had to take DD13 to her swimming. So I decided to put it off until tonight.

My DH was given the honor of becoming guildmaster of our Renissance group. So he is going to be a very busy person this year. The management of the fair decided that our current guildmaster wasn't doing his job and DH put his name into the mix. They chose him and I think they made a wise decision. Now he wants me to be in charge of all the Ladies. This will be something that I'm actually looking forward too.

Karen, way to go on the Imax3 blasts. Those blast are tough. You are braver than I am by getting out in the cold and doing 5 miles. :D

Sue, I never feel guilty when it comes to snow removal. Of course my DH has a nice machine to help him with the snow removal. :7

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Laurie, tell you DH congrats from a fellow Catheite. That should be a challenge and fun for you. It sounds like you are doing a good job keeping to your rotation with all your business.

Today is my off day because I am going to Eau Claire with a friend. Then, tonight I am having a birthday party for my just turned 9 year old DS.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Laurie - Congrats to your DH. I think you would be very good at keeping the ladies in line. Boy, I know how those nights go when you don't have a chance to sit down or do anything for yourself until it's almost time for bed. I was "Cookie Mom" for Brownies and then Girl Scouts for 4 years and don't miss it one bit. I happily support the Girl Scouts by buying cookies from other people's kids:)

Karen - I didn't get sore from GS Legs which is surprising. I have PLB on Thursday again so I'll be sore over the weekend I'm sure. Have a good time in Eau Claire. We stopped for gas in EC on the way to Minneapolis but that's the only time I've ever been there. Have a good time at DS's bd party.

Did KPC this morning. Love those combos but they sure don't get any easier. My right knee was hurting a little bit yesterday so I was a bit concerned how it would be working out this morning. Happy to report it felt fine and continues to feel fine. I think I'm starting to feel my age because my knees tell me when they're getting too much high impact.

Have a great day!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Will be doing PlyoX today.

Karen, Did you have fun shopping in Eau Claire? And did your DS have a great time with his party. I'm usually just going through EC on my way up north. But I sure do love the fact that they have a super walmart and target right along the freeway.

Sue, Yes our bodies really do love to tell us that we need to rest some. I love listening to my knees when doing some exercises. Mine sound like an old rocking chair sometimes.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

Today I am doing X shoulders and arms, ab ripper and Drill max scrambled premix.

Sue, I don't care for Kickbox much but I do like KPC. I really like the step kickbox like Kelly Coffey's. I am glad your knee is not causing you problems.

I am not sure where I want to go with my workouts, I just seem to be all over the place. I am thinking of going back to lots of total body and cardio instead of one a day. My shoulder actually still hurts from a few weeks ago. I probably should have given it a longer rest.

The birthday party was fun last night. I didn't even eat a piece of cake. I didn't say anything about the icecream.

Have a great day.

Laurie, we must have posted at the same time. I had a fun time in Eau Claire yesterday, thanks for asking. I love Target. I didn't find much this time around though. Have fun with Plyo X.

Karen - Kelly Coffey's step kickbox is on my wishlist! I like the little bit of kickbox on the step Cathe does as well as regular kickbox. What I don't like is the soreness I get afterwards. LOL I don 't do 1 body part a day rotations very often because I like the "worked out from head to toe" feeling you get doing a circuit workout. But I know I need to do both to shake things up a bit.

Laurie - Have fun doing PlyoX!

Speaking of Eau Claire, did anyone happen to see the girl from EC on Americal Idol last night? I didn't watch the whole thing but I saw her make it thru the first round. Good singer and cute, too.

Did PUB this morning. Butt is sore from KPC yesterday since I hadn't done that one in awhile. Still doing my 1 mile walk every night. Last night was the coldest it's been so far this year. This nightly walk will be much more enjoyable in the summer:)

Have a great day.

Sue

Sue, I didn't see American Idol last night. I would have been neat to see. Hopefully since she made it to the next round I will get a chance to see her. I really like the pyramids. It was really cold last night. That's great you stuck with it. The winter hasn't been bad, but I am ready for summer. I actually couldn't believe how sore I was the last time I did Kelly's kickbox workout. I guess anything you don't do in a while seems to make us sorer than it would if we did it all the time.

Morning BB's,

Today will be Back & Biceps plus ABX.

Sue, I did see the young lady from Eau Clare. She had a very good voice and was cute. The judges even said she was cute. There was also one from Madison, but her singing was as good. At least that is what I thought. My DD's just love watching AI, they are the ones that enjoy the weird ones. I usually go find something to do when those people show up. Most of those people are just trying to get the 10 min. of fame.

I'm looking for more kickboxing workouts. Wish Cathe would come out with another one like KPC. Kelly Coffey is on my list also, along with Janis Saffell. Also have been looking at the new TaeBo. Waiting for reviews on those. I still have all the Live VHS and don't plan on giving those up. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

I did Yoga X today. I never thought I'd make it through, but I did. I still don't care for yoga but I gave it a try.

Have a nice day everyone.

Laurie - I agree that most of the bad ones on AI are looking for their bit of fame BUT. . . I have to confess that I like watching the weird ones, too! :+ Have you heard anything about the new Powerstrike? I haven't heard any buzz on it but I haven't looked for any either. People rave so much about I & II. . .

Karen - Good job sticking it out with YogaX. I'm the same way with yoga and Pilates. I tried them and still do them occasionally. But I can't say I look forward to it.

I recorded the P90X infomercial so DH can watch it. My plan is to get him excited about it so he'll want to buy it, too. I emailed him to tell him and he said I should go ahead and buy it. :7 I guess I wore him down already! LOL

Was too gosh darn tired this morning so I slept in. Was supposed to do PLB + 20 min. cardio but I might do that tonight or at least part of it. The kids don't have school tomorrow which means no checking homework, making lunches or nagging about bedtime - you guys know how it goes;-) - so I'll have a little bit of time.

Have a great day everyone!

Sue

Sue, good job breaking your DH down. Now that wasn't so hard was it? And just think as soon as your workout room is done you get your treadmill. I am sure that is all you will want forever. It is always nice when you don't have to go through the homework, lunches and other things as a parent you just have to do. I hope you get your workout in. If not, there is always tomorrow.

>Sue, good job breaking your DH down. Now that wasn't so hard
>was it? And just think as soon as your workout room is done
>you get your treadmill.

Great minds think alike. ;-)

Morning & TGIF! :7 Wish I could make that happy face bigger - it's been a LONG week. . .

Planted myself on the couch last night (after my 1 mile walk of course) so didn't do PLB until this morning. Waiting now for DOMS to set in like last time.}( Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day but since I just took one I'll do some kind of cardio - maybe dig out one of my old VHS tapes for nostalgia sake. Sunday is Drill Max.

DS starts basketball tomorrow so I'll be taking him to his game tomorrow and spending quality time with him while DD & DH are at Indian Princess (aka Adventure Guides) camp Saturday and Saturday night. On Sunday we'll finally celebrate Christmas with DH's family. And of course sometime over the weekend I'll be buying P90X!:) :eek: }( :7 Should I be happy or scared about that?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sue

Morning BB's,

Today will be YogaX for me. Saturday will be Legs & Back & ABX, Sunday KenpoX.

Sue, I haven't heard anything about the new powerstrike either. It sounds good, but I'm waiting on that one. I think that you & DH will enjoy P90X. My "main" goal for doing P90X was to increase my shoulder strength. I was terrible at staying in a plank position for any length of time because my upper body was not strong enough. The difference I have seen in my shoulders is amazing, and I think that doing the yoga/kenpo/push-ups has help me with this. Now I can't wait to do the pike on the ball. :)

Karen, I never thought I would make it through yogaX either. I purchased another yoga DVD. Bryan Krest, suppose to be similar to Tony. I plan on doing yoga once a week from now on, it is now something I enjoy doing.

Nothing much going on for us this weekend. DD13 is babysitting saturday, and on Sunday is our first workshop for Renn Faire. And first meeting for my DH.

Have a great weekend,

Laurie

Good Morning BB's,

It looks like I am the last to post today. I had to take my daughter to speech therapy this morning. I ended up doing Leaner Legs, ab ripper X, and stretch max with the bands. I don't know why I am so tired lately. I planned on cardio but just couldn't add it on. I did the pull ups in the L&B of X. Tomorrow is Kelly Coffey's stepbox and KPC combo. No workout on Sunday, it's my rest day.

Sue, it sounds like your children have a busy weekend. My boys play basketball too. I enjoy watching the games. I think they are getting frustrated though as both teams have lost all their games so far. I hope you enjoy P90X. I think I am done with it for a while. I am going back to endurance. When I did LL today, it was harder since I haven't been doing hvy legwork lately too.

Laurie, Have fun at your workshop. Is your DD13 babysitting for you or someone else? Are you more flexible since doing Yoga? I can't believe my DD14 signed up for high school classes yesterday. She even had to sign up for drivers ed. Yikes!!

Have a great weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.