BFL Wednesday, May 28

Disciplined eating! That's my focus. I've got the hardboiled eggs and chicken ready to go. My goal is not only 5#'s by July 4th, but also 5% body fat, according to my scale. It hasn't budged in a month.

Workout will need to be tonight. DOMS kept me from getting up this a.m. - back is aching, which feels great! I will be sure to get in a power walk at lunchtime, at a minimum.

Sorry this is quick, but need to get rolling out the door. Hope you all have a sweaty workout and clean eating day!

Good morning Sherry and all that follow!

Just finished CC#2! It amazes me how all of a sudden, I can get up so early and crank these out. Who knew?!

Sherry - I'll join you on the disciplined eating! And the 5#'s by July 4th.

Last night I prepared 3 days worth of meals/snacks and already have them all written down in my journal.

M#1: 1 slice banana applesauce bread & coffee/vanilla protein shake
M#2: 1/2 cup brown rice & 3 oz salmon
M#3: salad w/ 1/2 c black beans & veggies
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: 2 w/w tortillas, 1/2 c black beans, 2 oz lean beef, 1/4 c lowfat shredded cheddar & veggies
M#6: vanilla protein shake w/ 1/2 frozen banana

BBL ladies. Have a great morning!!!

Good morning ladies.

I have a bunch of personals that I typed up last night before going to bed, and I saved them in a Word document to cut and paste this morning. But the kids have banished me to the PC in the basement, and my document is on the upstairs computer! LOL I'll paste them later this morning, PROMISE!

Melissa-the moment you find something new or something that you LOVE, it's amazing what you'll do for it, right? Great job on CC. My only problem with the CCs is that I have a hard time judging my own personal levels. With the iTreads, Grace tells me the levels, and then if I feel up to it, I'll increase them. Perhaps I should just suck it up and try out a CC??? lol

I'm right there with you ladies on the 5-8#. My teetering back and forth these last few weeks/months has allowed aboyt 10 to creeeeeeeeep back on. ACK! lol

This morning's workout was LIC. I simply didn't FEEL like doing the trainer's workout! LOL So I plugged in whatever was calling my name. Listen to this! I haven't done any of the weight sections of LIC in over a YEAR! LOL I've done the cardio tons of times, but the weights not so much! lol So this morning I did all but the abs.

I'm sporting some awesome DOMS from yesterday's 4DS KB! I LOVE IT!

Ladies-------I feel that fire again. How about you?

I'll BBL after I clean my friend's house and before school (assuming I have 5 minutes, lol)

Gayle

p.s. oh...and here are today's planned meals:

M1: 3 egg whites, 1 T flax oil, 1/2C (measured dry) oatmeal
M2: grilled chicken in low carb wrap
M3: banana, 1 T natural organic peanut butter
M4: tuna in low carb wrap STUFFED with salad greens
M5: cottage cheese (PUREED) with blueberries YUMMO!
M6: 4 small protein pancakes

p.p.s.

OH!! Look, I got a second on the upstairs PC. Here are the personals I typed last night:

Kathy-I’ve decided to join you in that 5-8# loss journey before road trip. My recent months’ of teetering back and forth have caused me to gain a few extra pounds, so I’M IN too! And I like Sherry’s challenge of making it for July 4th!!!!

Amelia-I have that protein powder in chocolate too, and it’s yummy! As for my yard, this weekend I pulled up the rock and weed barrier from a front island because it gets direct sunlight all day and it just kills all the plants/flowers every summer. So I left the tree and just want to grow grass there around it, then add a bird feeder and bird bath.

Melissa-I’ve added that question to my list for the trainer. I don’t notice a difference myself, other than the fact that I miss my all-cardio workout days. LOL And as long as that ice cream was DELISH…..we’ll forget about it!

Heidi-is that recipe from the recent Clean Eating Mag??? I just got my copy in today’s mail and am still reading it.

Belinda-I’ll have to check out that rotation. Enjoy it!!! She puts some awesome rotations together!

Hello and good morning to you all,

Geesh I can’t type today!!! I have to keep going back and fixing errors. Must be this headache again along with TOM. This is not right…I just had this 19 days ago!!! What’s up with that?

Sherry: How did your workout go last night with GS BSB? Great job on keeping it clean! I was making some meals ahead last night and my son and GF dropped by…well there goes my meals for the next couple days. They all loved the Shiitake Stir-Fry and rice! I had also planned on making some Applesauce/pumpkin bread but….doh! I forgot the applesauce AGAIN at the market.

Ahhh I see you have DOMS from last night! I am feeling a little sore from SH Tri and Bi too. LOVE IT!

Melissa: I will be starting today too for the drop 5#’s. When DS’s GF came over last night she brought an apple pie fresh from the oven. She did make it clean though! GOOD GIRL! Great job on your getting up early and doing your workout!

Gayle: I will have to try out the 4DS KB soon! Not today though….feeling like cr…! Just a good run is on tap for me. I will be doing this later today because my DS #2 has a dentist appointment and I have to pick him up from work. I will also be going to get that car! FINALLY! They had better have it in perfect condition after all the mess ups!!!

Yes, that recipe is on page 75. So light and yummy!

Hi Belinda: How are those DOMS this morning from your new routine?

Hello to Stephaine, Michelle (where are you?), Connie, Carolyn (I things are going well for you),Amelia and Kathy! Hello to any I might have missed too!

BBL Heidi
:7

Good morning girls:)

Today is a powerwalk and thats it! I may walk my doggie,not sure yet! Ive got some doms in my legs and core from LIC yesterday! Feels good to finally get some doms.

still on my diet:7 this is day three,i don't want to gynx myself but so far so good;-) I did go over 100 cals yesterday but i did do two workouts....

Hey to everybody! Im running out of time! BBL

Hi,

Great job Amelia!

Ok..who said that they were going to try that Green Smoothie? Did you like it?

Just read an article about PMS and how to get rid of them.

Ever heard of Neptune Krill Oil? I could use all the help I can get when it comes to all these yucky feelings! ;-)

BBL Heidi
Still waiting on DS.

Morning!
WooHoo all aboard the drop 5-8 lb. train! Yeah! I’ll join you ladies in a goal date of July 4th for the first 5 lbs. :)

I got up and ran 5 miles this morning using iTread 20 + first half of iTread 26 (both 30 minute workouts). My time was 51:15 (pace 10:15 per mile).

I’m officially starting this morning as the ice cream truck lured me last night after dinner, lol. I’m going to be very accountable and post my exact meals here (and update in the evening if it changes). I’m putting everything into Fitday and I’ve started measuring as well (that’s where I’m usually bad….MY half cup is way more than an actual half cup, lol).

Starting weight: 134.8 lbs.

I’ll only weigh weekly. My goal is to eat between 1500 – 1600 calories a day (averaged over 7 days). I also want to burn 3500 calories a week with exercise (which believe it or not is the easy part for me, lol).

Food for today:

M1: Scoop protein powder w/water

M2: ½ cup eggbeaters w/mushrooms, peppers, onions & 1/8 cup shredded light cheese + 1/3 cup dry oatmeal with miniature box raisins & 3 tbsp ff half & half + ½ banana

M3: 3 oz. grilled chicken breast + ½ cup baked vegetarian beans + small tossed salad w/tbsp. light Italian dressing + ½ banana

M4: Light & Lively yogurt + (1) light string cheese + 10 cherries + Iced Coffee

M5: 3 meatballs w/1/4 cup Ragu + salad (tomato, cucumber, 1 oz. mozzarella w/tbsp. light Italian dressing)

M6: Twisted protein bar + 10 cherries

Total Calories: 1665
Ratios: 39% carb/34% protein/27% fat
Fiber: 21 grams
Calories burned (5/28 – 6/2): 503

BBL for personals!
Kathy

Kathy - the ice cream truck made it's first appearance in our neighborhood on Monday. DD is very happy. Me, not so much. ;)

I am eating my salad and procrastinating on the 3 things left on my calendar to accomplish by the end of the day!

My hamstrings are so tight from my LB workout on Sunday, I can't believe it. I think I'm going to do a Stretch Max segment when I get home tonight.

Okay, I'm going to finish my work....x(

Hey ladies. I have a quick second so I thought I'd stop in and check on you all!

Kathy-you mentioned Fit Day. I’ve used Sparkpeople in the past and would like to get into tracking my food online. Have you used SP before? Do you like Fit Day???

I'll have to weigh tomorrow morning to find out exactly where I am. I'm a bit afraid. I SAY that I'm up about 10....it better not be MORE than that! LOL

I hit the grocery store and stocked up on a few fresh veggies, fruits and some extras. Now we've got a little bit of time before I make dinner and we head out to DS' baseball game.

Gayle

Melissa – LOL, dang that ice cream truck! He makes sure to turn up his music when he goes down our street….there are lots of kids on our block. He never has my favorite though, it’s the one with the candy bar center. YUM!

Gayle – I’ve never used Sparks People. I’ve been using Fitday for several years now and have most of my custom foods in there (these are foods not in the database that you add manually). I have the PC version of it on my computer that died (but didn’t use it as much because it’s easier to access the free web based version from anywhere). I don’t think the food search engine has as much data as other sites but I like the simplicity of Fitday. Another drawback of the web based version is it doesn’t allow you to “build meals” so you have to enter each individual food item. Since I tend to eat the same stuff over and over again, it’s easy for me to hit “recent foods” and add all my staples. HTH.

Kathy

Hi girls,

I am done with my workout! I did S&H Back only (I did supermans, prone planks & supine planks)after PH), PH Back only, Cardio & Weights step only premix. I never done the step premix in C&W, boy was I sweating!

My chest and abs are on fire today! LOL!

Off to the shower and eat something! BBL!
Belinda

Hey Belinda! Great workout! LOVE THOSE DOMS!!!

Hey ladies....last chance to ask my trainer any question. I'm putting together an email right now, and I want to send it off to her tomorrow morning sometime. I have 2 or 3 questions (including yours, Melissa) that I'd like her to answer. If you'd like to ask a question too, let me know ASAP and I'll include it on my list. I'm HOPING that she'll answer them! LOL

Another question for all you fine YOUNG ladies. What are you all doing right now, rotation-wise??? I've sort of lost track of what everybody's doing and want to get an update. Are you doing a BFL rotation? A Cathe rotation? A do-whatever-I-feel-liek rotation??? I'm trying to decide what I want to do, and I want to start something on Monday. Although, I AM enjoying just doing whatever feels good in the morning! LOL I'm craving an iTread, and I just bought 3 new ones with some credits. I can't wait for the newest ones to come out again!

Gayle

Gayle – I can’t really think of anything specific to ask her, although I’m curious why she has you sandwich a bodypart between cardio on the treadmill? ;) Right now I’m doing a training plan for the August 50k trailrun (2 weeks after the RT) that I worked out on my own in a spreadsheet. I’m fitting in strength training and cross training (spinning/med ball/biking/etc).

Great workout Belinda!

Kathy

Hey girls,just popping in to report a 30min powerwalk. Thats all i did today

Gayle-I too can't really think of anything to ask your PT. I doing the 'whatever i feel like rotation' Im focusing on 4cardio's a week and working each muscle group twice! And im counting calories!

Hey to everybody:)

Hey guys! I'm here!!! Just got back from 10 days in Hawaii! All expenses PAID!!! WHOOHOO!! Did ya' miss me?

No, not really! Just wishful thinking! I have been quite the busy little bee...rising at 4:50am so I can get in my workout, shower and off to work then get home around 5:45. Not much time for ME time! I have been browsing the check-in but need to go back several days! I am the Mission chair at church and have had several projects going over the past couple of weeks, so even weekends have been busy! But, it's all good! Eating is so-so...I tried the green smoothie! Kale, Spinach and Turnip Greens in a blender with a little water, then add a banana, 1/2 an apple and frozen strawberries and blueberries. It still looks green with all that stuff but surprisingly tastes pretty good! I challenge anyone to try it, better yet, I double-dare ya! :7

I hope to be able to read what everyone has been up to this past week and play catch-up on Friday which is MELISSA'S BIRTHDAY!!!

Hi,

Just checking in with you all.

NO workout yet today so I guess it will have to be a double day for me tomorrow. Planning on legs,abs and a run. I will be out shopping in the morning with DD also. She needs to get clothes to work at the hospital lab in Boston.

Hey Stephanie: Great job on keeping this together during this busy time! I completely understand about being pulled in different directions and not having time for your self. :) But you are still doing your workouts and keeping your food in-check so that's fantastic!
I thought that it was you that was going to give that recipe a whirl. What is your recipe? On the girls show she doesn't really give you quantities or measurements.

Hello Belinda! Great job with your workout today! Wow! You ought to have quite the DOMS tomorrow! Have your biceps recovered from the last time?

Amelia: THAT'S ALL HUH? Great job for getting in some type of workout regardless!:)

Hi Kathy and Gayle!
Gayle: I am just following a what I can get done rotation.:) I will be back on some straight rotation soon. Maybe the upcoming Cathe June08 one.

I HAVE THE CAR!!! Boy does it ride smooth!!! Really happy with it so far.

Well... time for dinner with DH and the kids.
BBT Heidi Have a great night everyone!

Stephanie-for a second there, I thought you were SERIOUS about the trip, and I thought I had missed something! LOL Glad you're hanging in there. Life sure can get busy, can't it!

Heidi-YOU HAVE WHEELS again!!! YAHOO!

I'm thinking of waiting till Sunday night to see what Cathe cooks up for June 08 rotation too! I'll just chill with whatever workout strikes my fancy until then. Tomorrow? I'm thinking an iTread.

Gayle

Heidi, YEAH you got the car!!! I am so happy to hear you like it!

The recipe is whatever! Just put in what you think will work...I put more fruit in than veges...cause I have a hard time with veges! :( I put in about 15 fresh spinach leaves, 2 large kale leaves and 8 turnip leaves...1 banana, 1/2 apple and 2 handfuls of frozen strawberries and blueberries. It took 2 glasses to finish so I had one at lunch and then grossed out my DS and had it when he came home around 3pm. He said, "WHAT IS THAT"?!! It was fun grossing him out!

What was for supper? Do share!

I WILL check in tomorrow morning!

Good night! Don't bite the bed bugs!

Hi everyone!

I just finished an UB workout. YOWZA! I was running a little behind tonight since I forgot about DD's school fundraiser at Chuck E. Cheese. Man, that place was a ZOO.

Stephanie - you really had me going!!!

Heidi - congrats on the new car!!!

Gayle - I've changed up my rotation a little over the past few weeks and I'm really enjoying it. MWF I'm doing CC on the stationary bike fasted first thing in the morning. Then I've been doing UB twice, usually on T&Sat, and LB on Thursday. I've also change up the reps from BFL. I've been doing 3 sets of 12 reps of one exercise per body part, then tack on a set of 12 of a different exercise for the same body part. Does that make sense? Here is an example:

Chest - 3 sets/12 chest press; 1 set/12 chest fly
Shoulders - 3 sets/12 bent-arm lateral; 1 set/12 military press
etc, etc...

I try to up the weights on the 2nd or 3rd set depending on how I'm feeling. Tonight I upped biceps to 20lb db's, first time EVER!! I had to alternate arms, but I was still pretty pleased. I never thought I'd be using 20's for anything but back work.

So far I like the change and I feel like my body is responding since it's different. I'll stick with this for a month or so then probably change it up a little.

Have a good night everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.