BFL Wednesday June 4

Good morning!

Workout done. iTrain #2 40 minutes. This is a good one!

Hope everyone has a great day!

bbl

ETA: Did you guys see the specials at Cardio Coach?

* Special 1 - Add any 3 workouts to your basket and upon checkout, the price of one will go away! (Buy 2, Get 1 Free!)
* Special 2 - Add any 5 workouts to your basket and upon checkout, the price of two will go away! (Buy 3, Get 2 Free!)

Good morning, Stephanie! I actually emailed CC on Monday to ask about specials, and this morning got an email from Sean explaining the special #1 above. I think I'll FINALLY buy CC8 with it! LOL

Mid-week. Hump Day. WOrkout is DONE! I did S&H Legs & Shoulders. YIKES! DOMS from KPC yesterday and then heavy shoulders today. Felt awesome. And I'm still amazed at how heavy you can lift with legs when you have a squat rack. Then add in the SLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW count and you have a recipe for DOMS in the LB too! ALways a good thing.

I have to dry my hair and wake the kiddos! BBL

Gayle

Good Morning Everyone!

I have been MIA for the past few weeks. I really haven't been following BFL or for that matter any clean eating for the past few weeks. I am so relieved that May is over. My DS's graduation was great and both parties were a lot of fun. All the birthdays (4 of them) are behind me. I get so overwhelmed at this time of year, every year. I need to learn to just relax and enjoy it all. My DD turned 10 on Monday. She is excited to be in the double digits.

I realized today there are only 50 days left before the road trip. YIKES!!! I need to get my butt in gear. I have ordered the BFL and EFL books and should be here this week. Reading those are always motivation for me. My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the road trip. I just need to focus and do it!!

I have read some of the posts from the past few weeks, but I'm just going to have to start keeping up with everyone as of today.

Gayle - I am following the June 08 rotation as well. I don't have Step Fit, what would you recommed to do instead?

Stephaine - Do you do your cardio on a treadmill or bike? I did read that most of the ladies here use CC or itrains. I may need to check into that. I don't have a TM but I have a bike that I could use.

Off to work my legs.

Morning ladies, WOW,only two replies to this thread and its almost ten am here:eek: where is everybody today;-)

Todays workout is going to be abbs a thirty minute powerwalk on the treadmill and i need to do a full body weight? Just not sure which one? I may do BM2 upper body then do some LB of my own,pramid stlye?

anyhoot,i woke up to late to take the doggie for a walk so i will have to use the TM today! Its just too hot right now!

bbl:)

Morning!
Stephanie – Great workout! Thanks for letting us know about the CC special. The only one I don’t own yet is “Pump” which I plan to get soon. ;)

Gayle – The S&H set really is a great one! I looked at the June rotation and it looks really, really good. I saved it with the other Cathe rotations on my computer. ;)

Carolyn – So nice to see you back! I’m glad the graduation and parties all went well and things can settle down for you now. It really is hard to believe that the RT is a little over a month away now!

Amelia – It’s getting hot and muggy here already too! Hope you enjoy your power walk and total body weight work later.

Well, this morning I gave Cardio Coach #8 another try. I only did the warmup, challenge 1, steady state, and challenge 2 and it was a really nice, sweaty workout. I ended up running 3.5 miles. After that, I did 4DS legs. I really like the plies she put in this one, a real inner thigh burner for sure. I’m also enjoying putting my running first and then adding on to it if I have time. My whole mental focus has changed and I’ve made it my number one goal and I’m seeing time and endurance improvements already. Oh, and my “official” weight in for yesterday was 133.6 lbs. (down just a bit from the start).

I also have to tell you what’s been happening in our neighborhood. We had a few car break-ins last week and they got away with a laptop, a DVD player, a Bluetooth, and an iPod. It happened to my neighbor that’s caddy corner from me, my next door neighbor, and my son’s friend who had his car parked by our house. We called the police and they patrolled over the weekend. Well…..this morning I’m walking the dog and my caddy corner neighbor flags me down and says they stole her husbands car (a huge Expedition!) YIKES! Wait until the thieves have to fill up THAT gas tank! :eek:

Kathy

Gayle, I hear ya on the DOMS from KPC and GS Legs!

Carolyn, I use the TM...I don't have a bike!
Glad everything is returning to normal for you! How is your FIL?

Amelia, sounds like you have a nice workout planned! Enjoy your day!

Kathy, Awesome workout for you girl!
Oh no, stolen vehicles and break-ins? Lock up and stay safe! People are mean!

GTG! I'm sneaking this in at work and I hear the Doc coming! :eek:

Hi everyone. I'm really busy at work today so my apologies for the drive-by!

I just scrolled through the posts quicky and the only thing I have to say is DARN, I didn't see that CC special....x(

Actually, I have one more thing to say...CCV8 is SUPERB!!! What a killer workout. I didn't think I had it in me to finish it and that last 1 minute/level 4 hill totally did me in.

BBL ladies!!

Melissa, I think it was posted yesterday or this morning...BUMMER! How many do you have? If you only have CC8 you'll just have to get more! LOL!

Hi Stephanie. I have 1-4 and 8. I just read on OD that Sean will honor the special if you've purchased in the last 2 weeks (I think it said 2 weeks). Now I'm trying to decide which two to get.

I'm almost thinking about doing the other special and just getting the rest of them!!

I really shouldn't though...but it's a good deal, right?!?

Hi all! Sneaking in at lunch again today.

DH is done teaching for the summer and it’s throwing our schedule way out of wack. I should have done GS Legs this a.m., but the alarm clock . . . I won’t even discuss it! I’ll get that in tonight. On the good side, I was feeling thinner this a.m., so I weighed myself . . . and I’m down 1 lb.! Yeah! I’ve been very focused on the eating, and I think it’s paying off. Only 4 lbs. more to go by the 4th!

Stephanie – You are such the enabler! I’ve been holding off . . . but think I can swing that as a Father’s Day gift for DH?

Gayle – Enjoy those DOMS! You are on the right track.

Carolyn – Glad you’re back and everything went well. Stick with this group and you’ll reach your goals!

Amelia – Enjoy your walk and weight work. Not hot here, barely in the 60’s. Give me another day or two – we’ll actually make it into the 70’s!

Kathy – You may have inspired me to work my legs with weights and a run tonight. I hope the car thieves don’t hit you next. That has to be so frustrating for the entire neighborhood.

Melissa – Glad you are enjoying the CC’s. Maybe I will finally have to get on board.

Hi to everyone else. Now back to lunch – Boca burger on w/w with a salad.

Have a great day!

Carolyn-I’m glad you’re back. It’s funny how, when we need each other most, some of us back off, hugh???? Regroup, girl….50 days and COUNTING!!! Step Jam is basically a steady-state step workout, so any all-step workout would be fine.

Kathy-I had to LOL about your comment about the thieves filling the gas tank! Maybe they’ll return the thing! LOL KEEP YOUR DOORS LOCKED! I love the focus and dedication that your post shows! I’ve learned too (the hard way) that sometimes you really need to focus on ONE thing and make THAT your top priority…everything else is icing on the calorie-free cake!

Sherry-great job on that loss! Keep counting DOWN!

Melissa-you guys are making me super anxious to do CC8. Cathe has run on this month’s rotation for Saturday so I’m going to do it then!

Stephanie------I’m telling Doc you’re goofing off online!

Gayle

Hi everyone. I'm back to take care of some personals.:7

Gayle - how are you liking Cathe's June rotation? I'm thinking I might add some S&H this week.

Carolyn - welcome back!! Sounds like you've been a little busy, huh!;-) Wow, 10 years old, I hope she had a happy day. I do the CC workouts on my stationary bike and it's AWESOME. You should try one! And that one will lead to another, then another...}(

Amelia - Hi! How's that sunburn of yours?

Kathy - I hope they catch the theif soon. Maybe he won't come back after he realizes what he got himself into stealing that huge gas-guzzler!!

Stephanie - get back to work!! Sean is going to honor the special even though I missed it by one day. He's great! Right now 2 & 4 are definetly my faves. I loved 8 too, but it's a little long of a workout for a week morning. I like both hills and sprints. Hills a little more than sprints though.

Sherry - congrats on the 1lb loss!! You are on your way girl, 4 more to go. You can SO do it!!

Okay, short story for you ladies...

On my way home from work last night, I ran to the mall real quick and I entered through JC Penney. As I was walking through, a shirt on the wall caught my eye so I stopped back to look at it on my way out. I ended up getting it along with 2 pairs of capri pants. I didn't try them on of course. I just grabbed the same size of a pair of pants I recently bought which happen to be a size smaller than a few months ago...YAY! Anyway, they were folded on the hanger in a way that I couldn't tell how wide they were. They were hung up so you saw the side view if that makes any sense and I didn't think to take them off the hanger and open them up to see if I could eyeball whether or not they'd fit. So before I changed into my workout clothes I decided to try them on. I unfolded them and held them up and was immediately bummed because they looked so narrow, I couldn't possibly button them around my waist. I almost didn't try them on. I was going to throw them back in the bag and either return or exchange them, but I decided to try them on anyway AND THEY FIT PERFECT!!!! I thought I was going to cry...:+ :) It's a small victory, but felt pretty darned good!!

LOL, girls....this morning I was silently thinking the neighbor probably secretly hopes his Expedition DOESN'T come back! :7

Awww, Melissa what an awesome post!!! High fives, that's SO GREAT! :D

Kathy

Thanks Kathy! I'm actually wearing a pair today and feeling pretty sassy!!

Meals for today:

M#1: 3 egg whites scrambled & 1/3 c oatmeal made with 1/3 c skim
M#2: salad w/5 oz grilled chicken and pita bread (white at that..bad, I know!!)
M#3: apple & string cheese
M#4: 3 oz grilled chicken w/1c wheat pasta & veggies sauteed in garlic & 1T olive oil
M#5: something involving peanut butter..:p

Stephanie -

My FIL is not doing well at all. He has been in the hospital for almost 2 weeks now. My DH has 5 siblings and between all of them they are taking turns staying at the hospital with him. His mother feels someone needs to be with him 24/7. Isn;t that what the nurses are for? (Slap me now). Anyway, they are looking to transfer him to a nursing home or an assisted living center. My FIL is so tormented by all the methadone he is taking. He doesn't make any sense and is very beligerant and almost violent. Totally not his personality. It is sad to see anyone go thru what he has been going thru.

Carolyn, I am so sorry. When they aren't themselves it almost makes it harder to be around them. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Hey girls,just popping in to report part of my workout! Did Itrain i think its 18? It was six sprints and six recovery's anyways it was fun and challenging!

And a shout out to MELISSA....YOU GO GIRL!:)

Hey to everybody! Im sorry,ive ran out of time!

I plan on doing some lower body here shortly,not sure what yet?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.