BFL for Wed Feb 27th 2008

Belinda, great job on the workout! And a new ab routine too! How was it?

I'm doing GS BSB and a TM run. I think I'll do abs too, hmmmmm, which one though?

bbl

Morning Belinda and Stephanie,

Today is cardio, probably will do IMAX 2 premix 6-10.

Starting to feel the DOMS in my legs today from Monday's w/o.

BBL,
Carolyn

Morning!

Yesterday was cardio - I did Kickbox from 4DS (I love that one) and iscuplt ballet #1.

Today is a weight workout with the trainer, and probably some Pilates or Yoga in the evening.

Belinda - I did the lower body 4DS premix last time I did legs - I really like it. Good job with your abs this morning!

Michelle - I hope your back is feeling better!

Stephanie - Have a great run!

Hi to everyone who comes after!

Christina

Good morning ladies. Today is SUPER busy for me today, so I have to be SUPER quick now, and I may not be online too much today.

First, this morning's workout was Leaner Legs. LOVE THAT workout! Used a 55# barbell and 16.25# DBs. I have 4-7 easy miles to log today, and I'll be doing that after school and after our orthodontist appointment, while the kids are in Religion Class. SEE??? BUSY TODAY! HA!

Listen, the new BFL contests were announced yesterday. There's a new 12 week contest, a 26 week contest and a team contest. Anybody interested in the 12 or 26 weeker? Just curious. I'm thinking it all over and will decide soon.

Last night, I posted the recipe for the Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry, which, by the way, IS AWESOME! Sorry, don't have time to copy and paste it here for you all right now!

See ya! KEEP ON TRUCKIN'!!!!

BBL...tonight, most likely!

Gayle

Morning everyone,

today was BFL upper body. I added pull-ups as my second back exercise. Only got 4 in with the pull up band. I am hoping to improve on this as the weeks go by.

Carolyn - I will have to figure out the website. Sorry I can't remember - does anyone remember the website address. I will look it up and post once I find it. I only ordered from him once, I may have to go to VF and see if it is still there.

boy did I have DOMS yesterday from the leg workout on Monday. If I sat too long, it was hard to get up and move. I haven't had DOMS like that in a very long time. Almost felt good :D

The clean eating magazine, is that the premiere issue or a totally new issue? If is is new, then I want mine now. I know I need to be patient but everyone talking about it makes me want it. I did a subscription to it so hopefully I will get it shortly.

Hi to everyone here and who follow.

Rhonda

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Today's goal workout:

PLB
Abs from ME
Easy 3.5miler outdoors

It is pretty mild here this morning. So I am all charged up for my run. Spring hopefully on the horizon! NO MORE SNOW thank you very much. ;)

Belinda: I can't wait to get into the 4DS workouts. Your are making them sound sooooo good! Great job on getting in your ab workout too.

Stephanie: Have a great workout!

I am really feeling my shoulder workout from GS (I did this on thursday last week)! Either that it was from my pillow. I woke yesterday with the worst stiff neck! :eek: Still feeling it today and so with that I am not going to do an upper body workout for a couple more just to calm things down.
It takes a day or two for DOMS to set in for me as well.

Carolyn: Great pick on the IMAX 2. I have this on my schedule for tomorrow.:D Have fun!

Christina: Have a great workout today with your trainer. Yoga sounds like just what I need today to release tension in my shoulders and neck.

Gayle: Thank you for the recipe! Are you running outdoors today? It is really mild here with no snow pile up from yesterdays storm. Birds are a chirping and the trails are calling my name. :) Have a great day!

Rhonda: Those DOMS in the legs and butt can really get you good! I hope they loosen up a bit for you today.
I too am still waiting on my new subscription to CLEAN EATING. I have the first issue from last month. Will have to check to see if Gayle's recipe is in it. I will get back to you on this....

Hello to everyone I missed while running. Have a great workout! Heidi

Morning everyone!

Belinda – Great workout as usual! I’ll have to give that ab workout another try. I need to start rotating through my newer Cathe’s with ab sections, too.

Steph – What treadmill workout are you thinking of doing? Are you using the preset programs on you treadmill or MP3’s?

Carolyn – Yep, sometimes it takes a couple of days to set in!

Christina – Your personal trainer sessions sound very interesting. You’ll have to tell us what he has you do today.

Gayle – Great workout this morning, enjoy your run! I saw the teams challenge post and thought that was interesting. Are you thinking of a team or individuals? I might be game for a team if anyone else is interested. I think we need 4 participants to qualify. I don’t want to commit to 24 more weeks because I’m hoping STS will be out and I want to do a cycle with that RIGHT away, lol! Maybe we could call ourselves the Catheite’s or something more catchy!

Rhonda – You’ll be surprised how fast your back will get stronger with pull ups. You’ll be whipping them out in no time! I love the Woody Bands but hate the rubber smell they leave on your hands, lol. I subscribed to the Clean Eating Magazine in Nov or Dec and just received my first issue. It wasn’t the premiere but the second issue they sent me. I’m wondering if it’s worth the extra $5 to get the first one.

Heidi – I hope your neck stiffness goes away soon. I had a touch of that last night too….I’m not sure what caused it! Enjoy your run, I can’t wait for Spring!

Well, I got up and did a heavy BFL lower body workout + 20 minutes of spinning (using a Group Ride DVD). I wanted to do a longer ride but got up too late, argh.

Kathy

Hey guys. I'm typing as I choke down Meal #2! LOL

REAL QUICK!

Heidi-the only Clean Eating Issue I have is the Collector's Edition from this past Winter and the very first issue from the NEW one. But I think I remember reading that it is less than monthly...as in we won't get one every month? I could be wrong. IF IF IF I get a few moments of peace later, I'll look back at my records and see. And YES..... I will be running outdoors. On a BUSY CRAZY day like this, I just NEED to get outside and get that fresh air simply to clear my head!

Kathy-I'm doing an individual Challenge. I'm really REALLY thinking about doing the 26 week one. And if (or WHEN) STS comes out, I'll continue with the BFL challenge, but using the SS series.....NO DOUBT about it! LOL I heavn't had a chance to read COMPLETE details about the Team Challenge, other than we have to have 4 members START and at least 3 members COMPLETE the challenge or we're disqualified. I'm pretty sure I'm doing a team challenge with my runner's team over at the BFL forums, but if WE want to do a team as well, I'm game. Why not, right??? Sort of like competing against myself!

OK....enough! I really must finish this wrap and hit the road. I'm walking to work since it's at least NOT WET! LOL

Gayle

p.s. Michelle-make sure you read what I posted in yesterday's thread in response to your question about what you should do, what's best cardio or weights, etc.

Gayle – I’m thinking of either the 12 week challenge or the Teams challenge (which I’m pretty sure is only 12 weeks, too). The 24 week challenge wouldn’t fit in my overall “yearly” plan as well. After the duathlon in April and the marathon in May, I have a Sprint triathlon in July and a 50k in August I want to do. I want to try out different endurance events this year (to “celebrate” turning 45 this year).

I’m definitely game for a teams challenge. Is anyone here on our check-in also interested? We would need 2 more people to sign up!

Kathy

Hey all!

Catching up on all my reading of your posts! Wow, I love this forum!!

Thanks for all the healing vibes -- I feel them ALL!! :)

It is so funny - this morning I woke up at 4:30 and realized my back isn't quite well enough for a workout. But, instead of beating myself up, I realize my body needs a rest today (I still can't quite stand up straight) - and this is LIFETIME journey!!

The first 4 weeks were tough. I drug myself out of bed every morning and had to stuggled to finish every workout. Then the 2nd 4 weeks I was jumping out of bed, the energy is AMAZING - and I was using Cardio Coach to push me through those cardio workouts. At first I wondered, How am I going to get through 12 weeks? Now I am wondering, why did I wait so long to get started???

I'll be back for personals later! But, yes Gayle -- I read your post yesterday -- THANKS!!

Okay, I just have to ask... who watch Biggest Loser?? It was the BEST yet. I cried like a baby!! And, did you notice they were wearing their shirts for the weighin. ha ha!

Michelle

Melissa - Where are you girl?? Did you hear me - we are talking about Biggest Loser? Where are you????? Are you working too hard at work that you don't have time to post??

Michelle

Hi, had a busy morning getting kids off to school, going to physical therapy for my knees, running by Target, etc. DS Ewan and I are back home now and I'm trying to get him to sit and eat his lunch.

I'm trying to figure out about my planned lower body workout today. I forgot to ask the PT about if I can do weight work yet, but I also did some weight work there, so not sure if I should do a BFL lower body workout or not.

BBL for personals. Need to have my 3rd meal soon.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Hey Michelle,

I watched Biggest Loser and although I wanted Mark to leave because of his arrogance, it was kinda sad to see him go. My DH said that they start to wear their shirts at a certain point because of all the weight loss is giving them "man boobs". Okay, what's up with those giant tatoos they got. I thought Dan's was a bit much and the one Jay got was huge also. I liked the Black teams reaction to the tatoos.

Also, when they were in Vegas, did they hook Dan up with a hooker? My DH says they did because when Dan was saying goodbye to Mark, he made a comment about Mark being there when "I became a man". What are you thoughts on that!

Carolyy

Hi ladies,

Stephanie** I hope you had fun with GS BSB! The ab workout in HSC was really good! I liked it!

Carolyn** great job with IMAX 2! I will pull that one out tomorrow!

Christina** nice workout yesterday! Enjoy your workout with your trainer today!

Gayle** you go girl with your 55 pound BB! Enjoy your run later! I would do the challenge, but No pictures! Oh, I made that Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry again today! My DH is not going to be here tonight, I didn’t get enough last night! This is really good! LOL! Oh, and thanks for adding that glass of wine in the recipe! LOL! My DH asked me why I am having a glass of wine! I told him Gayle put it in the recipe!

Rhonda**good job with your UB workout!

Heidi** great workout this morning! I may do another round of 4DS with you next week!

Kathy** I don’t know how I can do BFL LB at home? I can’t figure it out! The UB was easy! All I have are DB! Awesome job on your LB and spinning today!

Michelle** how are you today?

Mellissa ** I hope you ok?

Jennifer** how are you?

Have a good one!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Carolyn - I agree with ya on Mark. I wanted to see him go for a couple weeks now -- but last night he really showed how caring he can be. It was a really good way for him to say goodbye -- I think a lot of people will be cheering for him now.

No, I don't think Dan did anything in Las Vegas, at least I hope not. Being there, playing poker, getting tatoos -- I think that is what he meant.

To be honest - it was neat seeing 4 men in Vegas - NOT drinking and NOT eating all the food. Makes me really re-evaluate how I am when I'm on vacation!!

Michelle

Belinda - I'm sooo hoping to be able to do some type of workout tomorrow!! Thanks for the healing vibes! :)

Kathy - I re-read over what you wrote yesterday. It is all so confusing. To be honest -- I have never had trouble "leaning out" before. I just ate less. However, now with the weight lifting I'm so hungry all the time. I'm sooo hoping this will pass. Oh and BTW, your stats are AMAZING!!

Later ladies!!
Michelle

Hi Everyone!

I did a circuit workout with my trainer this AM – I only had ½ hour, but we packed a lot into it. First, we did 3 sets of pushups and squats. Then 3 sets of pull-ups (with assistance) and lunges. Then 3 sets of squat thrusts and planks. Those squat thrusts were killer!! And I held the plank for a minute, which is a lot for me!

Right afterwards, I had a big scary meeting with our VP – but I was so tired that I couldn’t even get too nervous about it! Maybe I have hit upon a new coping strategy for work!

Anyway, I’m going to do biceps and triceps from 4DS this afternoon, since this morning’s WO was mainly legs, back and chest.

Carolyn ** How did your IMAX go?

Gayle ** Hope your busy day went well. 55# on the barbell – wow – I remember when I first got LL and I couldn’t finish it even with no weights! I’m totally cheering you on for your next challenge – it will be fun for you to be part of a team!

Rhonda ** Great job on the pull-ups this morning! I am sure you’ll be doing sets of 15 before you know it!

Heidi ** I bet your legs are feeling fried after PLB and a run! Glad you are having nice weather!

Kathy **You are amazing with your endurance events! I hope you’ll post some pix of your experiences.

Michelle ** Glad to hear you’re pampering that back! It’s the best thing you can do. And since y’all are so into it…I am going to have to tape the Biggest Loser and find out what’s going on!

Lainie ** I hope the PT is going well. I had to go to that for my back a few years ago. Hopefully you’ll get the go-ahead to lift again soon!

Belinda ** I am sure you got those abs in! How are the skinny jeans fitting this week?

Have a good night everyone!

Christina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.