BFL for Wed Feb 13th 2008

bayerngirl

Cathlete
Good morning girls,

I will do Gayle's BFL style workout for today!

Melissa** my dogs are adorable, they do need to be walked a lot! My DH takes them with him when he runs! We usually walk the dogs together, since they like to pull! I am trying to train them with lots of treats to walk with me without all that pulling! Here in Germany you can take your dogs in restaurants, they are too scared right now! In a few weeks all the beer gardens are going to open and I want to take my dogs with us ! We usually go for a nice hike/ walk then we have lunch or coffee somewhere! Did you eat a cookie or did you put them in your car? LOL!

Gayle** thanks for posting your workout! I will do the same! LOL! Your BF is awesome! What a nice gift! Have fun with your new toy. You have plate mates? How do you like them?

Rhonda**-I really like using iTread 13 Sprints! I only done that one twice! I also have iTreas 19 Sprints with I will try on Thurday!. iTread are AWESOME workouts! I need more! LOL!

Heidi** I need to try that protein shake! That looks yummy! That is funny, you posting while you DH is sleeping! LOL!

Christina**thanks for sharing that recipe! Yummy!

I will be back after my workout!
Have a great workout and day!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good Morning BFLers!

Today will be UB and abs. I'm also going to try to tighten up my diet a bit. CC#7 rocked yesterday!

Happy Humpday! We got some snow and now we are getting freezing rain...I'm not looking forward to the drive into work :(

Morning!
Oh man....I overslept! I have to be into work in about an hour so I'll do a BFL Lower Body workout tonight. Grrrr, I hate it when I do this.... It wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have to be into work an hour early. x(

Kathy G

Good morning and Happy Wednesday!

PLB done - I'm still really wondering if I should go heavier. I'm not getting much DOMS at this weight (40# max), but I have such the pear shape.

Quick shower, and then I get to do UBWO - snow shoveling (7 inches by the end) - that should help offset the cinnamon roll last night! LOL!

No time for personals today - I promise tomorrow. Have a great day!

Hi girls,

I am done with my UB workout! I will be back for pesonals!

Off to the shower and eat lunch!
Belinda

Way to go Belinda -- I did Gayle's workout too! (We'll be talking about that later Gayle }( )

Getting those abs done Tammy!

Oh Kathy - don't you hate it when you don't have time to fit it in?! Makes me wonder how I EVER worked out in the evenings!

Sherry - I'm going through the same thing -- max out at 40 and no DOMS with PLB. So, last week I tossed in a firm workout that felt soooo easy -- however the next day I was walking funny. Those darn sit and hold over the fanny lifter!! Just the change in pace really gave me DOMS and I was only using 10 lb dbs.

Wow, I'm going to have to take the next two hours reading through yesterdays posts -- you gals have been busy!!

One last thing....

CONGRATS MELISSA -- for getting up and getting it done!! Didn't you just feel awesome ALL day. Not only did you not have to think about fitting your workout in all day -- but the ENERGY! WOWZA!! I'm soooo proud of you!!

Have a good day ladies -- I'll get back later!!
Michelle

Good Morning,

Today is GS Legs and Abs today. I am feeling much better having slept all night.

I haven;t been eating clean the past two day just because I have felt so bad. I am 7 weeks into BFL and I can't believe I caved in on eating at this point. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about the s*&t I ate. Anyway, today is a new day, right? Back on track as of this moment.

Gayle - I need an inspirational pep talk :)

BBL after my workout and school conference

CArolyn

Good morning!

Belinda, how neat that you can take your dogs in restaurants. My dogs would be all over the tables! LOL! Good job on your UB workout! What's for lunch?

Tammy, I am planning on UB and abs today too. What will your routine be? Be careful driving to work! Have a great day!!! :7

Kathy, sorry you overslept! I hate that! I hope you get your workout in tonight! Have a great day! :7

Sherry, good job on your workout this morning. I am feeling the same about not having DOMS and wondering about going heavier. Let me know what you do, I may try it! It was good seeing your post about having "the cinnamon ROLL last night" and not "cinnamon ROLLS last night"! ;-)

Michelle, good job on the workout this morning! I had to laugh when I read about changing up your LB workout and walking funny the next day! I was there last week with GS legs.

Carolyn, glad you're feeling better! Have fun with GS legs! It about killed me last week, but it felt SOOOO good! ;-) You'll get back on track with your eating! Hang in there! :p

bbl

Morning,

I wasn't feeling the greatest this morning but I did get up and do iTread 21 walking intervals. Not much of a HIIT workout but it was about all I could do.

Gayle - your UB workout looks great. I think I will try it tomorrow as it will be UB for me.

sounds like everyone is doing great.

We had about 4 more inches of snow. I am in MI. It just doesn't seem to want to stop. tonight will probably be out shoveling while hubby is plowing the driveway. Oh what fun that is. The rides to and from work are pretty stressful due to the weather. Hopefully Spring is around the corner and we can say good bye to the snow. Plus it has been pretty cold here. Haven't been out of the teens in 5 days. Possibly by the weeks end we will see close to 30 again :)

Rhonda

Belinda-I really like my plate mates. Combined with my weighted kickbox gloves, I realized this morning that I really do NOT need to buy more plate mates (or the Pace Weights I was considering). They’re really good for increasing without jumping up to the next heavy dumbbell. How’d you do on UB???

Tammy-I hope you got to work ok. I don’t mind driving in the snow, it’s this freezing rain/ice that scares me! Enjoy your workout!

Kathy-drive safely! Enjoy tonight’s workout! Go HEAVY, girl!

Sherry-did somebody say ‘cinnamon roll’? LOL And yes, the heavy snow shoveling will take care of those calories. PLB….just be careful when using a heavier barbell. I’ve slowly worked my way up to maxing out with 62.5#, but I did it slowly and you really REALLY need to watch your form. Also, keep in mind that DOMS are not a sign that you AREN’T working hard. Maybe for your next LB workout, do a different workout. Confuse the leg and butt muscles and then see if you get DOMS. May I suggest Leaner Legs, S&H, B&G???

Michelle-lay it on me. I enjoyed my UB workout, but I have to admit I was cursing here and there (see my workout details below, lol). And HEY…don’t blame ME!!!

Good morning, Stephanie. What’s on your agenda for today???

Carolyn-Know what? It’s completely normal to have a mid-way meltdown. You guys know I had 2 of them during this challenge! LOL But something that somebody said to me really hit home. We don’t have to be PERFECT all the time. We women are such creatures of the “all or nothing” attitude, that it hurts us at times. When it comes to food, it’s the same thing. We’re human. And sometimes our body tells us we want something, so we give it to it. So what? Move on. Make TODAY THE DAY!!!! (does that help any?)

Rhonda-good job on those waling intervals. It’s better than nothing, especially if you weren’t feeling ‘in the zone’. Enjoy the UB workout tomorrow…be sure to tell us how you like it (without blaming ME! LOL).

OK…as for ME! First off, schools are closed. The freezing rain continues to pound us, and now the temps are rising so it’s a downpour of RAIN! There’s a flood warning in effect until tomorrow afternoon! Geesh! BRING ON SPRING!

My workout this morning was AWESOME! Here’s what I did:
·Gym Style Chest push ups on knees and hands on bench (I LOVE doing it this way as a warm up….I can really concentrate on pushing thru my hands on the bench/step and really focus on the chest muscles…TRY IT, ladies!)

·BFL Upper body that I posted yesterday. I had to lighten up, though on my last 2 sets of back work. I was starting to get a cramp on my right side of my back, and it was almost a bad kind of pain, so I lightened up those last 2 sets.

·Itread 11, 40 minutes. WOW WOW WOW! This was an AWESOME workout and took care of the 4 miles on my training schedule! You guys have to try this one. It’s a steady-paced run with no sprints or fast intervals. You start off warming up nice and steady, slowly increasing a bit here and there. About halfway into the workout, you hit a 6% hill that you RUN (for joggers and runners) up at a slower pace. Then you come back down and Grace then has you increase and decrease your speed +5%, -4%, +5%, -4%, etc. THEN…..you finish the last 5 minutes or so ON A HILL! From 4% to 6%! I was huffing and puffing. I logged 4.5 miles and was a sweaty ol’ mess by the end.

·Stretch Max with the band. LOVE THIS SM segment!

That was enough for the day, ya think??? HA!

The plan for today’s snow day is simple. NOTHING! lol We have Valentine’s Cards to make for younger DS, but that’s it. Maybe we’ll venture out and get a movie later today. With the kids home, though, that means my PC time must be shared among me and younger DS (remember, older DS is not allowed on the PC due to his ‘naked women’ escapade, lol).

ANYWAY….you all be safe on the roads with this weather!

BBL sometime.

Gayle

Hello and Good Morning to you,

Belinda: Great job on getting in your UB workout. How did using Gayle's routine work for you? Did you use the same weights?
I hope you enjoy the Protein shake with peanut butter.

Tammy: Which UB and abs do you plan on today? I haven't bought any of the CC workouts yet...still looking.

Kathy: Darn that over sleeping. Maybe you needed the extra rest.
:) I hope you enjoy your day and get in your workout later.

Sherry: I did the PLB and upped my weights a bit. Max 35#'s and I am feeling it in my quad's. :eek: I used a barbell this time around and the back of my neck is bruised from it. Ouch! I am used to using DB's mostly.
We didn't get much snow..4"s and now it is pouring rain. It should all be melted by this afternoon. (Hopefully not iced!)

Michelle: Was that the Firm VoL 6 by any chance? I have that one and it does get in there good. ;-)

Stephanie: Which upper and abs do you think you are going to do today? Have a great workout.

Carolyn: Have fun with GS Legs and abs. I am so glad that you feel better. :D

Rhonda: Oh No! I hope you aren't getting sick too. :-( Glad that you did an easy workout this morning. No sense in burning yourself out when your not feeling all that great. Take Care.

School here has been delayed by an hour. This pushes everything up to do later.

Today's workout planned:

PUB and abs
iTread Set 24 for an easy run.

Have a great day! BBL Heidi

Hi Gayle!

Great job on your workout this morning.

I will be adding that iTread to next month's list for sure! Thanks for the info. :)

Are the schools closed due to rain? The schools here hardly ever close. They are running an hour late today however. My son does not have to be at school until 9:45!

DD missed her train this morning by seconds! Darn I wish she would get up a half hour earlier. We are always missing it my seconds for no reason.

Well...back for another cup of joe. BBL Heidi

Hi girls,

I am done walking my dogs! I went for 1 1/2 hour. The dogs are tired and so am I! LOL!

Gayle** I don't have a BB set, for my Triceps I used different exercises! I really liked your UB workout! Thanks for posting!

Tammy** enjoy your workout today! I never did CC before, maybe I need to give it a try one day! Drive careful on those freezing roads!

Kathy** have fun with BFL Lower Body workout tonight! Sorry to hear you’re overslept this morning!

Sherry** excellent job on PLB! Why shouldn’t you go heavier than 40 pounds?

Michelle** way to go on your workout! We are both doing Gayle’s workout this morning, how funny!

Stephanie** Germany is dog friendly! I really missed that in the states! I do have to get my dogs used to going in public places!

Carolyn** sending your good eating vibes! Have fun with GS Legs and Abs!

Rhonda** nice job on iTread 21 walking intervals! Did you like it? I want to get more iTread workouts, I don’t know what to get??

Off to do more Clean Max and cook dinner! BBL!
Belinda

Hi girls,

I am done walking my dogs! I went for 1 1/2 hour. The dogs are tired and so am I! LOL!

Gayle** I don't have a BB set, for my Triceps I used different exercises! I really liked your UB workout! Thanks for posting! I need to look into those plate mates! Thanks for the info! You did an awesome workout this morning! Go Gayle! WOW!

Tammy** enjoy your workout today! I never did CC before, maybe I need to give it a try one day! Drive careful on those freezing roads!

Kathy** have fun with BFL Lower Body workout tonight! Sorry to hear you’re overslept this morning!

Sherry** excellent job on PLB! Why shouldn’t you go heavier than 40 pounds?

Michelle** way to go on your workout! We are both doing Gayle’s workout this morning, how funny!

Stephanie** Germany is dog friendly! I really missed that in the states! I do have to get my dogs used to going in public places!

Carolyn** sending your good eating vibes! Have fun with GS Legs and Abs!

Rhonda** nice job on iTread 21 walking intervals! Did you like it? I want to get more iTread workouts, I don’t know what to get??

Off to do more Clean Max and cook dinner! BBL!

Heidi** we posted at the same time! I don't match Gayle when she uses a BB! I don't have a BB set! I go lighter with my weight! Enjoy your workout!

Belinda

I'm baaack!

I think I will try Gayle's UB workout she posted yesterday. I was going to do both GS UB workouts, but I received my Time Saver CD yesterday and I want to try it out! Then I am going to make Heidi's yummy sounding Protein shake! LOVE LOVE peanut butter!!! :9 Thanks Gayle and Heidi!

Rhonda, I haven't tried iTread 21...I'll have to check it out! I hope you have a safe trip into work! Have a great day!!!

Gayle, have fun hanging out with the kids today! Sounds like you got a really good workout in today! Way to go!

Heidi, I will do Gayle's UB workout then maybe Core Max 3 or 4-day split abs...decisions, decisions! Be careful on the roads!

Belinda, how was Clean Max? LOL

Off to do my workout! I am upping my weights! }(

I have questions maybe someone can answer.

What and when should you eat if you are doing an UB/LB weight workout, before or after the w/o?

What about Aerobics/running...

I have heard many differing opinions.

Thanks!

Stephanie....the BFL book suggests fasted workouts. Bill Phillips pushes for morning workouts because you've fasted for 6+ hours. But if you workout during the day or at night, then he says to workout at least 1 hour AFTER you eat and eat at least 1 hour AFTER you workout. For all workouts, that's what he suggests.

Heidi-the schools closed because of the snow/ice we got last night. It hadn't turned to rain until aroun 7am, and they were still trying to get the busses dug out and the roads cleared. I'm not arguing :)

I'm going to dry my hair and then I'm going to make a batch of the protein waffles! I'll let you know how I like them!

Gayle

Gayle, that's right! Thanks for the reminder...looks like I need a refresher course! Oh, and I used the Time Saver CD. It really helped.

Hey, Stephanie-it's a good thing to go over the book every now and then. I do it when my drive is slowing down!

Quick question. I made Sherry's Protein Waffle recipe. Has anybody else? Is it 1 serving? It's pretty big.

I'm headed out in the monsoon rain with the kids. We're hitting WalMart because they have money they want to spend. While we're out, we're picking up a movie. ANd I'm getting a few groceries to make a few things. Here are 3 recipes I'm going to try out:
-Low Fat Tuna Muffins
-Crockpot Stuffed Green Peppers (Kathy, I think this was from you)
-Crockpot Meatloaf (this recipe uses shredded cabbage instead of rice or bread crumbs and it cooks in the crockpot. I may just make it into a loaf pan or in the muffin tins.)
I'll keep you posted on how these all come out!

Gayle

Hi everyone!

Belinda - That's pretty neat that you can take your dogs into restaurants. I think that's allowed in France, too. I was there in October and saw quite a few pooches in the restaurants. They were pretty well behaved.

Sherry - Hey, I did that "snow-shoveling" UBWO today too!! It's so much fun, isn't it?

Michelle - I knew you'd be proud of me for getting up early...thanks! Having that much more energy for the rest of the day was definetly worth getting up early for!!

Carolyn - Sooooo glad to hear that you are feeling better. Forget about the s*&t you ate and move on. You were sick, cut yourself some slack!

Rhonda - Good for you for getting in a workout when you weren't feeling well. I hope you feel better!

Gayle - WOW, what a workout! I'm in awe. Oh and you sounds psyched about your Garmin. What a great SO you have there. Honestly, not sure what a Garmin is, but it must be great if you are so excited!!

Heidi - DD had a delay today too. It does kind of mess up the day, doesn't it. It would almost be easier if they just cancelled school.

Stephanie - I LOVE peanut butter! I had some this morning as a matter of fact. I can't remember who was talking about it yesterday (maybe it was you??), but after I read the post, I had peanut butter on my brain for the rest of the day. I just had to have some. Good luck on upping the weights!! Let us know how you made out.

Hello to anyone I missed!!

2-hour school delay this morning due to the weather, so I am a little off schedule today. Got an EXCELLENT should workout shoveling myself out of the driveway. It's that nice, wet, heavy snow. LOVELY! Today is DD's birthday and her restaurant of choice tonight is IHOP. Ugh. I may have to pretend that today is Sunday since I just cannot resist pancakes.

I did resist those chocolate chip cookies we made last night though. Aren't you all proud of me? I didn't even eat the broken one and we all know that the broken ones don't have any calories..;-)

BBL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.