BFL - Tuesday - 5/6

Good morning all!

First, yesterday’s cardio was a lunchtime powerwalk of 2.5 miles (2 laps around the building) which contributes ~250 calories to the total. Did you get that Stephanie?

This a.m. should have been lower body – but I decided on Kickbox instead in the spirit of burning more calories and pushing the cardio focus. Maybe I’ll get in legs tonight.

So cool – last night I was at the library, checking out the magazine section, which I rarely go to since it’s at the opposite end from the kids section, and I find out that they are subscribing to Oxygen, so I promptly checked out a few issues. I really wanted a Runner’s World for inspiration, but they were all checked out. I’m sure I’ll get plenty of inspiration in these issues of Oxygen.

Stephanie – It’s good that your first day at work went so well, even with little training. The commercials will end soon! Like by the end of the day!

Carolyn – How did DS enjoy the prom? Busy, busy is how my weekend felt also.

Amelia – I cracked up when I read about the banana bread slicing. 6 weeks until school is out here.

Michelle – Go ahead and alter to mix things up. I figure as long as we are still balancing the strength and cardio, we’ve got the right idea.

Melissa – Glad you are joining us at the gym in the a.m. Are you going to be doubling up every day with cardio and weights?

Kathy – Your heart rate is right where mine usually is when I run. I try to keep it just under 160 bpm, but it head towards 180 when I’m running up hills.

Gayle – Keep enjoying your sessions with the trainer. I’m sure you will be pushed beyond way beyond what you thought you were capable of.

Belinda – Enjoy playing catch up! We all have days/weeks like that where our schedule doesn’t go as planned.

Heidi – I’m with you on the cardio. Gotta keep the muscle that I’ve built, but this fat must go!

Eating for the day was clean, even avoided the donuts someone brought in to work. Enjoyed my pineapple instead (my favorite fruit). Trying to stop shoveling junk down my throat. It would be easier if other folks didn't bring temptations.

Off to get ready for work now. Everyone, have a great workout and a clean eating day!

Good morning, Sherry....and EVERYBODY today!

Yes....busy all this week, so my posts are in and out, short and sweet. I'll catch up at week's end!

Yesterday's leg workout was awesome and DOMS started setting in mid-afternoon! I then had to push-mow my lawn, so that 90 minutes stretched me out. BUT....then I did my "extra cardio" that my trainer has me doing 3x per week. It's intervals on the TM for 35 minutes. This week, it's walk/run intervals, but I'm HOPING and thinking that they'll turn into slow run/fast run intervals! LOL

I slept like a BABY and woke up with my glasses still on my face! LOL But I was up early for today's workout, which was chest:

10 min TM walk
chest work
10 min TM run (I ran at 7.4 and logged 1.25 miles)

Time to shower, then off to school for the whole day again. The Staff Appreciation week feast is going very well, and yesterday there was tons of food, and I'm expecting more each day this week.

HUGS, ladies! I'm HERE WITH YOU ALL DAY!

Gayle

Hey girls

Yesterday i ended up cleaning so today will be either a circuit or 30 minutes of Weights and 30minutes of cardio! HSC comes to mind? I just don't know yet?

im inhaling my coffee right now so i will be back after i surf a bit!;-)

Good morning ladies!

Sherry - Way to go for skipping those donuts! I'm lucky, no one at my office brings in treats!! However, I made some treats for the kids this weekend and I'm really having a hard time resisting!

Amelia - Get that coffee down girl!! I'm hoping to not be busy at work today so I can surf too!

Gayle - Sounds like the trainer is working you hard. Maybe I should have asked for one for Mother's Day!! :)

Hello to everyone! I just got done with my elliptical workout and ready to start the day!!

Be back later!
Michelle

Good morning girls,

I will try to get my workout in early this morning!

Sherry** great job on your walk yesterday! Have fun with you Kickboxing today!

Gayle** nice job on your workout this morning! Your workouts sounds interesting!

Amelia** enjoy your workout this morning!

Michelle** great job on your elliptical workout!

Hi to everyone!
Belinda

Good Morning Sherry,Gayle,Michelle,Belinda and all who follows!:)

Hey girls,just popping into report my workout! I did a 30min Powerwalk around the neighborhood,then did about 20mins of LB lifting,then finished with some abbs! I kinda copied some of gs on the reps for lb! I feel great!:)

Everybody have a wonderful day

Hello and Good Morning to you all,

Hi Sherry: Which Kickbox session did you do? Have a great leg workout tonight!
I am just getting my subscription again from Runners World. I really like it and hope that your library will have more in stock the next time you go.

Hello Gayle: Are you lifting heavier than before or just different types of exercises? Have fun with your DOMS! My cardio workouts have been intervals as well. These are suppose to be better for burning the fat right?
Wow you must have been wiped out after your first day on your new routine to have fallen asleep with your glasses still on!

Hi Amelia: Check out Cathe’s list of workouts by type. I printed this out so I can have it handy when creating my workouts for the month.
Have a great workout which ever you choose!

Hi Michelle: You just had to mention donuts! Now I have to get that off my mind with a really hard run. Great job getting your workout in early!

Hello Belinda: What do you have in mind for your workout today? I am still playing catch-up as well. But it has been too hard so I am starting all over.

Today’s plan:
GS Back,Shoulders and Biceps
Going to try….4DS Bootcamp cardio. Haven’t done this one yet.

Hello again Amelia: Great workout! I was out picking DH up from dropping his car off at the garage and also had to drop of DS at school.

BBL after my workout! Have a great day everyone! It looks like it is going to be a good one here. Heidi

Morning!
I’m starting to feel pretty good today. I got up and did iTread 21 Walk Intervals on the treadmill, the first segment of Core Blast, and the first segment of Total Body Stretching. I’m still a little stiff if I sit too long so I brought my sneakers to work so I can walk during lunch. :)

Sherry – Oxygen & Runners World are great! I like all the healthy recipes and workouts or running plans they publish. I do my long runs at 158-162 bpm but my heartrate is usually higher during races (guess factoring in excitement and “usually” running faster, does it, lol). I was up to 130 bpm just standing there waiting for the race to start and worrying about finding a gate to get in!

Stephanie – I’m so glad your first day of work went so well! I hope the other woman is better today so you can be “eased” into it instead. Ugh, DH loves all the political shows on MSNBC and I get so tired of the same discussions every day. LOL, guess it’s his equivalent to my workout stuff….and I never tire of that!

Gayle – Sounds like your training is going well, yay! Are you doing one body part per day plus cardio?

Amelia – Great workout! My house is in need of some deep cleaning! I think this Saturday is going to be spent inside and out trying to catch up on all the stuff I’ve let slide for the last couple of months.

Hey Michelle! Good job on the elliptical this morning, have a great day!

Heidi – Enjoy 4DS Bootcamp and let us know what you think of it. I love the drills!

Hi Belinda and all who follow!

Kathy

Hi everyone!

Quick post for me today. DH forgot to reset the alarm for me this morning so I didn't get in my morning cardio. I was NOT happy! When I called him to complain about it he said that he thought that I only wanted to get up that early every other day?!?! What? I don't think he'll forget to reset it for the right time tomorrow;)

M#1: applesauce banana bread (last slice :-( ) & 1 cup skim milk
M#2: apple & 4 egg whites
M#3: salad w/4oz grilled chicken
M#4: w/w wrap, 3 oz 93% lean beef, 1T shredded cheese & veggies
M#5: grilled pork chop, 1/2 c brown rice & steamed brocolli
M#6: protein shake

BBL!

Hello again!

Okay, as I was leaving to come to work I happened to pick up the mail -- yes, it has been sitting in the mailbox for a few days -- that's what happens with DH is out of town. Oh my gosh, I got my core workout that I ordered last week! Why or why didn't I get the mail last night -- I could have been working my abs this morning! Okay, I'm going to be thinking of the video all day. I want to run it on my computer -- however, I'm sure my bosses would be wondering what the heck I was watching! :)

Michelle

Okay Melissa - I need help with my meal planning. You always do such a good job!! How do you eat that while at work? Meal 2 with egg whites - how do you pack that??

I'm so tired of turkey sandwiches and power bars!

Thanks!
Michelle

Michelle - I cook & peel the eggs whites the night before, break them up and put them in a ziplock bag. Do you have a refridgerator at your work?

Melissa -

Okay, that's kind of gross to me. (See, why I have so much trouble with my diet?) I was thinking cooking egg whites like scrambled eggs - now that I like, (w/ a little onion and green pepper - Southwestern Egg Beaters) -- but just hard boiled whites? ewwwww.

Don't feel bad -- I hated Gayles protein pancakes as well! :)

I really am going to start reading your meals more carefully -- you seem to really have it down!!

Michelle
P.S. Sorry you DH didn't wake you up this morning -- I thought it was a little quiet this morning!! :7

Hi,

After getting the laundry in and a few folded....plus dishes...

I finally got in my workout. I chickened out!

Belinda and Kathy: I didn't do the 4DS Bootcamp! I checkened out and did iTread #2 20min instead. :) My phone rang and I had to take it so I ended up doing part 1 twice.

Warm up with GS B,S,B
iTread #2
Total time 30min.
GS back,shoulders and bi's
stretch.

Now I need a shower and have some work to do.

Kathy: I am glad that you are taking it a little easy on those legs. They deserve a break!:)

Belinda: Great job on your workout and catching up! I will try to see about getting the bootcamp done tonight. Have fun with your ab workout. Which one are you doing?

Michelle: Let me know what you think of you new ab workouts! Glad that you finally got them. :)

Michelle and Melissa: Are you both really tan now? Is it an even looking tan? I have had my share of run-ins with bad self-tanners.

Off to shower. BBL Heidi Have a great day ladies!

Way to go Belinda and Heidi for getting it done!! Like I said yesterday, if I don't get my workout in first thing... I procrastinate ALL day!!

Yes, love the tanner. I ordered the original Dave tanner and then a bottle of the lotion. I love the lotion and use that most of time -- always right before bed. However, every now and then I use the original -- and I do think it gives me a darker tan. Yup, it is an even tan! I even use it on my face. :)

I agree with you Heidi --- gives those legs a break Kathy!! They deserve it! :) I was thinking of you while I was on the elliptical this morning. I wanted to stop with 2 minutes left ... and then I thought, after what Kathy did this weekend.. what a loser I would be giving up with 2 minutes left!! Thanks for motivating me!!

Melissa - Maybe I NEED to be grossed out before I eat ... that way I would eat less. By the way, you had a cupcake yesterday for meal 6. ;)

Michelle

Hi ladies! I have been so out of the loop since Friday. I haven't had a "real" workout since Thursday unfortunately. I have been landscaping though and rehauling my house since Friday, so some of that counts. ;) Aside from a cookie attack yesterday while I was reorganizing the kitchen, I have been very good with my eating. I plan to get back on track tonight with an upper body workout. My arms are looking pretty good though from all the pitchfork mulch shoveling I did over the weekend. ;) Might have to add that in the rotation. Hope you all have been well! I'll try to read up on what I have missed and do some personals. In the meantime, here's a pic of my new front door that I installed on Saturday. ;)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/aljack_78/FrontDoor.jpg

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.