BFL Tuesday 1/15

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning everyone! Who’s working out with me this early a.m.?

Cardio today - kickbox. – done, now moving on.

2” here this a.m., no chance of school getting called off for that. They won’t even plow the driveway.

Thanks for all your cheerleading. When I finally got a chance to look over yesterday’s thread, I smiled. Everyone was soooo upbeat yesterday. It’s contagious!

And the pyramids shipped yesterday – can’t wait to come home and see them sitting on the porch!

Some quick personals today:

Jean – Welcome. These ladies really rock! Their support is amazing to aid you in staying on track. I work out in the a.m. because I get so wrapped up in everything else in the evening that it usually doesn’t happen.

Heidi – My goal this week is to get up without hitting snooze so I have a little more umpf in my morning workout. Hope you enjoyed your snow day. How much did you get? I heard some places got 20”.

Gayle – amazing weights! You are Superwoman (as said sometime before).

Michelle – Take the compliments with glee! If he’s noticing, that it progress. See you at the gym in the a.m.

Belinda – Yeah, the scale moved! Way to go! Keep those visions of bikinis for motivation.

Susan – Thank you for posting the recipe for the sweet potatoe chicken soup – sounds yum! And congrats on going back to school. I’m always impressed when someone does that while balancing family life.

Jennifer – Yes, weight work adds muscle to the lower half very quickly, which is why I’m so surprised the hips and thighs are both going down. They used to just grow when I started heavy lower weights. I didn’t realize eating was so key for me.

Melissa – Glad DH is feeling good enough to go out now. That has to be helping everyone’s mood.

Kathy G – I’m sure you are seeing changes. I’ll need to try the big cookie recipe, maybe next weekend.

Now off to get ready for the day. Everyone have a great one! Sending lots of clean eating vibes out ‘cause they seem to be working back my way.

Good Morning Sherry. I am up but not working out until dd is at school. Here in AR life would just about stop for 2" of snow! We are expected to get some kind of frozen precipitation tomorrow night, so the grocery stores will be kickin today! I'll be sending you some vibes too! You will love the pyramids!

Upper body and cardio planned today. I"ll bbl with details.

Gayle, Belinda, Michelle, Melissa, Kathy, Heidi, Jenn, Jean Hope you guys are doing great!

Good morning ladies!!

Just popping in to say HI!!! My alarm didn't even go off this morning, I was wide awake at 4:25. Wow, these new "habits" I have are just CRAZY!!! Got 20 minutes in on the elliptical -- now it is time for some abs! Glad to see I had some company this morning -- seeing all you ladies in the mornings is what truly gets me out of bed!!!

That was workout 14 -- Y-E-S I am counting!! I don't want to miss a one in these 12 week. Hey, if I'm not going to miss a meal -- I'd better not miss a workout -- he he !!! :)

I'll be back later -- gotta get ready for work and the kiddos off to school!!!

Michelle

HEY GUYS! QUICKIE super UBER quick post.

Unlike Michelle, our resident early-riser (LOL), I overslept BIG TIME! I even went to bed early last night so I could get up earlier than normal. Big mistake! HA! BUT....here's my plan. I have exactly enough time to get in my workout between the busstop and the time I have to leave for work. SO.....here's the plan in detail: get the kids on the bus (I'll be dressed in my workout clothes with my running sneakers and iPod on and everything, lol), then back home for the bak-to-back iTread and B&G bonus abs. Then a quick shower, dress, dry hair. PC check in, quickie meal #1 and off to work. It's going to be tight, BUT I WILL NOT MISS A WORKOUT!

If I don't get time for the PC before work, I'll check back in afterwards, ok???

Gayle

Good morning Sherry, Susan, Michelle, Belinda and Gayle!

Just checking in real quick before I get myself and DD out the door. DD is disappointed that there is school today since yesterday was a snow day!!! And I'm a little disappointed to be going into work!!

Anyway, sounds like everyone is off to a good start. I'll check back later when I'm supposed to be working!!! :7

Good Morning to you all,

Sitting here reading through yesterday's posts. I wasn't able to get back on-line yesterday...sorry :( Just too hectic here.

DH was in the worst sulky mood. He kept going over and over his knee surgery issue. I told him to GET OVER IT! There is nothing he can do or say at this point to change what happened. Geeeeesh! I can't wait for him to get back to work.

Ok...better get on with my better day.:) It is another day right?

We ended up getting around 8" of snow. Very heavy snow at that. The trees are all weighed down and remind me of deers antlers. :D
DS is also not too happy about having to go to school today.:-(
I reminded him that friday is a day off and he also has monday off. That cheered him right up! ;-)

Have to get to work early this morn. So I won't be able to get back on-line until this afternoon. (When DH is sleeping Hehehe) He hangs over my shoulder when I am trying to do computer work. Drives me crazy! I think he is jealous that I am talking with you all and not him at that moment. ;-)

As for yesterday....spent most of the day cooking. Made pancakes, spinach quiches and beef stew. I didn't get in my workout as planned.:(

So today's goal is:
PUB
iTread workout...not sure which one at this point.

Belinda: I hope you can figure your player out soon. It might not have enough memory like mine...I have to delete a folder and then add to it. I can hold a total of 80min's of iTread workouts plus some music files of approx 12 songs. My player is ancient! It isn't even 1GB. My DH said that he was going to get me a new one...that hasn't happened yet. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a great day! BBL Heidi :7

Hi Melissa:

Just wanted to note that your DH is feeling better. Glad to hear that. Maybe my DH would be in a better mood if I took him out for a little while. ;-)

Heidi

Morning ladies!
Sorry this is another quick post, I’m on my way over to the other building at work. I got up and ran 6 miles using iTread 26 & iTread 24 (the first half) + a segment of Amy Bento’s abs.

I really enjoyed iTread 26, it’s moving up to the favorites list. It felt like a pretty good steady state “tempo” type run which I need to do every other week for marathon training (the other week is sprints).

Have a great day!
Kathy G

Hello ladies!!

Okay, here at work -- have time for quick post -- wink wink!!

How do you all keep up the personals?? Oh my gosh!? I love you all -- so please hang in there with me!! Each morning I have to start the day be re-reading all of yesterday's posts. Can I tell you -- there is not a better way to start a morning. You gals are awesome -- the workouts, the eating -- oh my gosh I see from yesterday that I can actually have a "BIG COOKIE" for breakfast!! HA HA HA!!! I can't wait to try that recipe!! Then I log on to todays post -- to ALWAYS find chatting going on -- do you gals sleep??!!

Seriously, most of you know that I WILL NOT get on-line until after my work-out -- so far I have found this to be the absolutely MOST motivation I have EVER had -- so you all should give yourselves a pat on the back -- EVERY SINGLE one of you gals motivate me!!

2 weeks and 2 days into this --- I can't imagine what week 12 will bring. All I can say is BRING IT ON!!!!

Michelle

Seems like we're ALL posting and running on! LOL I got my workout in after the bus. iTread 19 Sprints (hit my all-time max personal best of 9.4mph during that last 2+ minute sprint! YEAH!), then iTread 26. Like Kathy, I LOVED this tempo run. After those sprints, 26 seemed EASY! LOL Then I did B&G bonus abs.

I promise to be back after work when I can breath again and settle down and chat!

Gayle

Okay, I'm supposed to be working, but couldn't resist another post. See Michelle, you are not alone!!:)

HEIDI - I feel your pain about DH's sulky mood and I have a great idea...we should get our DH's together, misery loves company, and we should go out SHOPPING!!! We could even bring your DS and my DD so that they don't have to be subjected to the misery!!! Okay, now I sound like a horrible wife, don't I???}(

Workout done 4DS kickbox and chest/shoulders/tricep premix. Plan on cardio tomorrow, biceps, back and cardio on Thurs, then legs again on Friday.
Michelle I have hard time keeping up with the posts too. I always think I missed a question or forgot to say hi to someone. Im headed to shower, read a chapter then I will come for personals.

Hey ladies -

Well, I think I know what is holding me back in achieving the results I want .... the food. Yes, yes ... I think I'm still doing BFL only 80% and I don't think that is enough.

My meals are
B- shake
S - protein bar
L - turkey/sprouts on one slice of whole wheat bread
S - protein pudding
D - (????)
S - yogurt or string cheese

Okay, I know you are wondering what is in the ???? - well the past few days it has been a frozen meal -- usually a South Beach Diet frozen meal. Do you think that is enough to hold me back???

Thanks!
Michelle

Hey girls,

I am back with personals!

Sherry** what kick box did you do this morning? ^^^5 for getting up so early! I still have that vision! I hope you get your workout in today! Enjoy!

Susan** great job on 4DS Kickbox! I love the 4DS’s! Short and sweet!

Michelle** you guys getting up early! Not for me! Nice job on the elliptical!

Gayle** good for you not missing a workout! WTG!

Mellissa** I hope you had fun at work!

Heidi** sorry you going through is with DH! When is his knee surgery? I hope soon! You have a lot of snow! I will make the spinach quiches tomorrow! I can’t wait to try them! I hope you get you PUB and iTreads workout in today!

Kathy** nice workout this morning! I can’t figure out my MP3 player!!

Hope I didn't miss anybody! If I did I am sorry!

Have a great day!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi Ladies ~ :)

Late start this morning. Had my Orthopedic appointment @ 9 a.m.
Same old, have arthritis in my right knee. Seems to have gotten worse, she knew all the right places to push.....argh!!! They gave me a cortisone shot, and I was going to schedule the alternative shots, but w/ my insurance I would have to pay a $500/deductible before anything was covered..Not in the finances right now. :(
This shot would be better b/c it would coat the back of my knee w/ a thick substance.

Sherry~ Great job on getting your Kickbox workout in. I wish I could get out of bed early...I even pack my gym bag the night before..dang snooze button. LOL Enjoy the Pyramid DVD.
Enjoy the 2 " you got...they have been calling for snow for 2-days here in PA...still nothing. :(

Michelle~ Geez, you too...I really need to jump on the bandwagon and get up early and workout. I would love to get up and work out w/ you all...Now, too bad we aren't neibors...:( Great job on your workouts and getting in your meals!!! :)

Gayle~ YOU OVERSLEPT.... What, this is not like you...LOL Your body was probably needing that extra sleep. You are killling these challenges, keep up the great work. Now, send some of your energy and good vibes my way! LOL :)

Hi to Everyone!!! I'm sorry, I'm not good w/ getting all personals in. Work is calling ....LOL :)
Take Care~
"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

OK! Now I’ve got time to sit and play some, before the school bus comes. I learned my lesson today….it reminded me why I workout so early in the morning! LOL

I have a pot of Taco Chicken going right now. I make it the same way as the Salsa Chicken, but instead of salsa, I use a package of low sodium taco seasoning and 1 to 2 cups of water and cook it in the slow cooker for 6 hours or so. I’ll shred it, and I’ll have it over lettuce with a few baked low carb tortilla chips that I made (DS likes it on a taco shell with hot jalepenos, lol). My whole house smells so YUMMY!

Sherry-you are going to LOVE the Pyramids! I LOVE when you said, “workout done…now moving on”. It’s just a priority, isn’t it? LOVE IT!

Michelle-Great job on just naturally getting up early. THAT is proof it’s becoming a habit! Let’s see how many days in a row you can do the get-up-early-to-exercise thing, ok? As far as posting, do not worry about personals. It’s not always easy to do that, I know! As for 2 weeks and 2 days…..you say I can't imagine what week 12 will bring. But you know what??? I CAN IMAGINE IT!!!! NOW….what do you mean by “holding me back”? What are you expecting from these past 2 weeks? Seriously, 2 weeks is just the beginning. You have started something new, and yes…some folks see incredible (and measurable) results in those weeks, but most need just a few more weeks to REALLY see the difference. Take your pictures. Take them. Compare them and you will start to see the difference. In all the reading I have done (and still do) on BFL, tons of BFL veterans talk about the “8 week miracle” for women. They say that it takes a good 8 SOLID weeks to REALLY see significant changes…physical changes. YOU ARE SEEING A DIFFERENCE, and it’s starting on the inside with your attitude and your new habits. Keep at it, and the outside difference will be obvious SOON! I PROMISE!

Belinda-can you look at the website for you mp3 player and see if they have an online manual you can view? Most companies do that these days! Great workout! I LOVE Cardio Kicks!

Heidi-when is DH supposed to return to work? lol Poor baby, isn’t he? HA! Enjoy PUB and iTread!!! Not to mention all that snow! I WANT SOME!!!!!!

Kathy-I LOVED iTread 26. I love that 3rd (I think it was 3rd) song…the one that takes you right to the halfway mark of the workout! There is another iTread that has it on (although I can’t remember which one) and it just gets my butt MOVING! AWESOME tempo run. Also, what training program are you following? Or have you done what I do…sort of combine different methods? I’d like to take a look-see at your program.

Susan-great workout! Your planned week looks awesome!

Jennifer-so you expected this news from the Doc, right? Is there anything that she recommends to ease any pain???

Gayle

Geez, Gayle, I thought 2 weeks was going to be long enough -- har har har!!!:D I know, I know, be patient!!

Okay ladies -- for those thinking of working out in the a.m. -- those of you who struggle in the evenings -- come join us!! Really... for two years I've posted on these forums begging for help seriously BEGGING for the motivation on how to get up in the morning. I just decided to "do it" and then post to you gals about it. Guess what? That is what worked for me!!

Everyone sounds so excited -- I'm so glad!! And all of you are cooking up a storm!! I can almost smell it all from here!!!

Okay, now I'm hungry -- thanks ladies!! :)

Michelle

Hi ladies,

Did anyone of you do all the premixes for the 4DS?? I saw on Lainie's website that Low intesity Step+ Higher Intensity Step " All Upper body weights is 67 min.". What is that premix like? I am thinking doing that one tomorrow for upper body workout!

Belinda

P.S. BBL to see whats up!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.