BFL for Tue Jan 29th 2008

Good morning Belinda! Quite the early post today. The time difference helps. What's your choice of cardio today?

Day 58 – Cardio – LIS - I really like this one if you can't tell. I think I do it at least once a week. Pecs feeling it from yesterday, but better now that they’ve been loosed up.

It’s all in the eating. It’s all in the eating. I need to keep telling myself that. I did stick with my plan for the day. In keeping with my rediscovered BFL motivation, here’s today’s menu.

M1: protein waffles
M2: protein shake
M3: taco salad
M4: apple, raw almonds
M5: spaghetti with chili
M6: protein shake

So I was wondering how accurate my scale is for measuring body fat. I found out that the navy developed a formula that with a few measurements is almost as accurate as calipers. (google navy body fat and you’ll come up with quite a few sites). I found out that my scale is pretty dead on to that calculation. Bummer – but at least I know it’s realistic.

Yesterday I felt thinner, big change from Sunday. Yeah! Feeling it myself is also part of the battle.

Belinda – How can you walk today? Awesome workout yesterday! My legs would be dead. How did you have the energy for abs afterwards? Way to go!

Michelle – Yes, Mondays are great. Especially because they come after my rest day, so it’s like hey, we’re ready to roll again! Great job on the 3 pounds. I bought the regular Myoplex. Lady at the store showed me the comparison and discussed how I could cut the cost in half by using half the regular formula for each shake, which is essentially the Lite version. And of course I had to get chocolate.

Gayle – Glad you are feeling oh so much better! Can tell you how you are feeling by the weight you are using. Way to go girl!

Susan – You are doing a wonderful job balancing classes and working out. Keep it up!

Heidi – Sometimes I just have to get things in order around here, too. Is really a pick-me-up. Glad DH is helping you.

Jennifer – Glad you are getting back on track. Those donuts can be heard to resist – good for you. Bummer about the schools. Hope is doesn’t last too long.

Carolyn – 9 pounds down – you look fantastic! I’m sure they will be commenting soon.

Kathy – once again, awesome workout! Between you and Belinda and those heavy weights . . .

Melissa – I used my Sunday to relax, but you are amazing. Not sure I’d have that much energy in the kitchen all day.

Christinea – welcome – this is a motivating bunch who are great cheerleaders to keep you on track.

Enjoy your choice of sweat today!

Good morning!!

Hi Belinda -- good to see you this morning! :) My day was just "off" yesterday when it didn't start out with a post from you!!

Sherry - WHAT?! I can't believed I paid full price for the lite myoplex. That is such an awesome idea! I should have done LIS with you this morning. I was kind of just going through the motions on the elliptical this morning -- and here I could have been dancing instead! :)

I spent last night on the Body for Life website just looking at all the winners. Wow, that is motivating!!

Michelle

Good morning girls,

I did my first iTain today! I love it! It really pushed me! I was sweating buckets all those sprints and one hill! I am not a runner; I am too fast to be a walker and to slow for a jogger! What am I?? Eventually I hope I will fit in the jogger category! I am officially hocked on iTrains! I want more! I had a lot of fun!

Sherry** enjoy LIS! I love that one too! I am very sore today! LOL! I will check that Navy site out!

Michelle**great job on your elliptical this morning!

Kathy** nice job on your run this morning!

Hi to the rest of the gang!
Belinda

Good Morning to you all,

Hi to Belinda, Sherry, Michelle and Kathy.

Belinda: Ohhh I knew this would be a tough morning for you. Maybe doing a low impact step routine is in store for you today.;-)

Sherry: Great job on LIS...this is great for loosening up tight muscles. :)

Michelle: There is always time to do more...hehe.;-)

Kathy: Way to go on the iTread. In checking out the CC workouts I was tempted but I would have to try to figure out what speed would be right for them...too much work for that in the morning. :)

On to my workout...will be back after I figure out what I can manage this morning. Went to bed around 2am. I was out late last night at the airport picking up my DD and MIL. Yeah! DD is back from the Cayman's after a month of being gone. So happy she is back safe and sound.:D

Hi Belinda,

We were posting at the same time....

Great job on the iTread! Glad that you like them. They can become addictive. Which one did you try out today?

Have a great day! BBL Heidi

Good Morning,
I am mighty sore from PLB yesterday!!! Today is PUB and some cardio. Eating yesterday was perfect and I feel great because of it. It only get easier from here, right??

Belinda-glad you enjoyed Itrain...I have a few Icycles which I enjoy.

Sherry- you are so right that is all about the eating. I can workout til the cows come home with no results, but as soon has a clean up my eating ..viola!

Hi Heidi, Kathy, Michelle, Melissa, Gayle, Carolyn, Jenn.

Heidi** I am sorry, I did iTrain 13! Lots of fun!

Susan** enjoy PUB today! At least you will be sore from top to bottom! }( }( Sorry, had to through that one in! LOL! I am sore with you today! I will do a nice stretch later!

Have a good one!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497}( }(

[font color=orange]GOOD MORNING, LADIES![/font]

How are we today? You're all already talkative! lol

This morning's early workout was:
iTread 19 Sprints
Core Max 2 on the ball
push ups to failure (to see how many I could do non-stop....27)
Stretch Max with the band

I'm sporting some awesome DOMS in the butt and legs, just like a few of you!!! LOVE IT, isn't it great?

My head cold...WHAT HEAD COLD? It seems to be all gone now, thank goodness! Yesterday's eating was completely spot-on and I feel TREMENDOUSLY better today. What a difference!

Here is my menu plan for today:
M1: 3 hard boiled egg whites, 1 slice w/w toast
M2: turkey black bean chili
M3: 4 small protein pancakes
M4: roasted chicken breast on salad greens, baked lo carb tortilla chips
M5: roasted chicken breast, brown rice, steamed carrots
M6: apple, 2 string cheese

Sherry-Day 58! WOW! Before you know it, it will be day 84 and you’ll be ready to start the NEXT 12 weeks! HA! I’d also read about splitting the regular Myoplex in half…but I didn’t read that until AFTER I bought 2 cases of the Lite! LOL

Belinda-what do you mean? Do you want me to post an entire UB and entire LB BFL workout? I certainly can, but I wanted to make sure that’s what you meant first! How are you doing? How’s the mp3 player? You are doing REALLY WELL, young lady! As for the iTreads…..I TOLD YOU SO! LOL I’m so glad you enjoyed it! (13 is one of my current faves.) There are SO many to choose from and it’s just fun to see what they come out with NEW each and every month! You will slowly work your speed up. You’re doing FANTASTIC!

Michelle-I’ve been looking at the winners also! I actually ‘know’ a few of them from the BFL Tracker site. You should check out that site just for the posts sometime…the info and the support is just TREMENDOUS! That will be US one day soon!

Kathy-good workout!

Susan-I’m walking funny with you too, from PLB yesterday also! LOL My glutes were screaming at me during my workout this morning! HA!

BBL after my shower

Gayle

Morning Ladies!

Well, it's day 2 for me...I must admit to feeling pretty tired after yesterday's workout - the first in (ahem) at least 5 months :eek:. This morning I did 45 minutes of Ballet Sculpt with Jennifer Galardi. A light day after yesterday's Cardio and Weights.

Right now my goal is developing consistency: working out 6 day per week. Hopefully someday I will be able to do the hardcore Cathe workouts everyday like ya'll -- but for now I am happy to be moving!

My meals today are:
1 - Balance bar and black coffee
2 - Oatmeal and protein powder
3 - Low fat tuna melt
4 - Balance bar
5 - Pita pizza with turkey pepperoni
6 - String cheese and apple

Thanks for the warm welcome and motivation!

Christina

Gayle**If you have time please post an entire UB and entire LB BFL workout! Thanks for pushing me to my limits!

Girls,emember when I told you almost 4 weeks ago, I haven't lost any weight since last year May? I got good news I am down to that weight again! Thanks for all the support and encouragement! You ladies are the best!:) :) Body for Life is working for me!

Have a great day and workout!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Belinda-didn't we TELL you it would work? LOL GREAT JOB! Keep at it, and the results will continue to make you HAPPY HAPPY! As for my weight workouts, I'll post them when I get a chance. I'm headed out the door in 5 minutes, but later today I'll post what I do for upper and for lower body BFl weight days. OK?

Christina-the first few days are usually the hardest. But once you get into a pattern and you start feeling better, it will be so much easier to do it day after day. [font color=red] JUST ASK MICHELLE![/font] LOL

Gayle

PUB and IMAX3 done. My bootay is so sore from yesterday that it was painful sitting to do reverse flys. I'll be aching from head to toe later today.
Going to hit the shower, eat and study. BBL

Hi girls,

My legs are very sore, I worked them really good last two days! I am glad tomorrow is UB!

Heidi** I am glad your DD is home safe again!

Gayle** WTG on your workout this morning! Do you have those perfect pushups? I saw them today in our PX for $ 18.99! I have regular push ups handles!

Christina** hang in there! It will take time to get back into your workouts! You are doing great!

Susan** WOW! Imax 3 and PUB! I am already wiped doing only one workout!

Hi Melissa, Carolyn and Jenn!

Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Today was KPC. It has been a long time since I've done that one. Seemed easier compared to the new 4DS Kickbox.

Belinda - You asked me to post my meals. I basically am following the BFL guidelines, pulling recipes from the book. The one thing that I do on a consistent basis is portion control. Sometimes it's hard b/c I may still feel a little hungry but I don't go back for more.

Today M1 - 2 scrambled egg whites w/salsa on ww english muffin
M2- oatmeal w/protien powder and blueberries
M3 - grilled talapia, brown rice, green peas
M4 - cottage cheese w/yogurt
M5 - Chicken Florentine Lasagna
M6 - apple w/string cheese

Okay, subject change - My DS who is 15 has a dentist appt today. He freaked out not wanting to go b/c he has 2 pin head size holes in the front bottom teeth. He has never even had a cavity. He is very good about brushing and flossing so I dont see how in the workd it could be cavities, in the front!
Also, he does have a little build-up of tartar(normal) that is so discolored it looks like he's a pack a day smoker and coffee drinker. I freaked out with him. Of course he doesn't smoke or drink but he has been taking antibiotics for 8 months for acne treatment. Could the antibiotics be causing this? His appt is this afternoon and I'm hoping there is no permanent damage if it is from the meds.

Sorry to rant and get off subject. It has my head spinning especially since we don't have any dental insurance.

Hello to everyone,

BBL
Carolyn

Susan-what a WORKOUT! PUB AND Imax 3!!! WOO HOO!

Carolyn-the pin-size holes may be just normal. My younger DS (7) has the same thing, and needs to have them filled in Feb. The Doc said it’s normal and sometimes as the teeth are coming in, the enamel on the teeth sometimes doesn’t completely cover the entire tooth. They fill them to avoid problems in the future. Hope that helps. As for the discoloration, my best friend’s 2 boys get black spots on their teeth around the gum line just as a chemical reaction between their saliva and the acidity in their mouth. They use all-natural toothpaste from a specialty store and get cleanings every 3 months.

Belinda-I do not have the Perfect Push Up handles. I do have regular p/u handlebars, but I don’t use them. Just the floor. Lol

And since Belinda asked.....
here is what I have planned for weight workouts this week:

my planned upper body workout for tomorrow:
BB chest press (weight is total on barbell) -
12 reps @ 45 lbs
10 reps @ 55 lbs.
8 reps @ 65 lbs.
6 reps @ 75 lbs.
12 reps @ 55 lbs.
DB Chest Flyes – 31.25 lbs. (per dumbbell)

Bent Arm Side Laterals (weight is per dumbbell) –
12 reps @ 12 lbs.
10 reps @ 15 lbs.
8 reps @ 17.25 lbs.
6 reps @ 20 lbs.
12 reps @ 15 lbs.
Seated Overhead Press - 20 lbs.

Barbell Row (weight is total on barbell) -
12 reps @ 40 lbs.
10 reps @ 50 lbs.
8 reps @ 60 lbs.
6 reps @ 70 lbs.
12 reps @ 50 lbs.
One Arm Rows – 31.25 lbs. (per dumbbell, need to up the weight, but I need more dbs!)

Skull Crushers (lying tricep extensions; weight is per dumbbell)-
12 reps @ 8 lbs.
10 reps @ 10 lbs.
8 reps @ 12 lbs.
6 reps @ 15 lbs.
12 reps @ 10 lbs.
Close Grip Barbell Press (lying on step) – 55 lbs LOVE THIS MOVE!

Incline DB Bicep Curl (weight is per dumbbell) -
12 reps @ 9.25 lbs.
10 reps @ 11.25 lbs.
8 reps @ 13.25 lbs.
6 reps @ 16.25 lbs.
12 reps @ 13.25 lbs.
Hammer Curls - 20 lbs. (weight is per dumbbell)

My planned lower body weight workout for Friday
Warm up with leg press chapter of PLB with LIGHT DUMBBELLS!

BB Squats-
12 reps @ 80 lbs.
10 reps @ 90 lbs.
8 reps @ 100 lbs.
6 reps @ 110 lbs.
12 reps @ 90 lbs.
Leg Extensions (on weight bench) - 96 lbs.

Bulgarian Squats with dumbbells-
12 reps @ 16.25 lbs.
10 reps @ 21.25 lbs.
8 reps @ 26.25 lbs.
6 reps @ 31.25 lbs.
12 reps @ 21.25 lbs.
Deadlift with barbell – 110 lbs.

Leg Extensions on weight bench -
12 reps @ 57.75 lbs.
10 reps @ 68.75 lbs.
8 reps @ 79.75 lbs.
6 reps @ 90.75 lbs.
12 reps @ 68.75 lbs.
Deadlifts with dumbbells – 31.25 lbs. (per dumbbell)

1-Leg Calf Raises – (weight is per dumbbell)
12 reps @ 16.25 lbs.
10 reps @ 21.25 lbs.
8 reps @ 26.25 lbs.
6 reps @ 31.25 lbs.
12 reps @ 21.25 lbs.
Angled Calf Raises – 31.25 (per dumbbell; need to increase this, but I don’t have any more dumbbells :))

Gayle

Hi everyone. I was in the middle of posting personals and we got a virus come through our instant messenger and I lost everything...x( ! My apologies, no personals for now.

Gayle - I copied Kathy's BFL UB workout last night, very similar to yours, and it ROCKED! I am finally getting used to doing my own workout instead of following Cathe's. I do miss hearing her voice though! I'm going to add the Close Grip Barbell Press for tris on Friday. I forgot about that exercise. What are Bulgarian Squats? Are those the ones with the back leg up on a bench?

HIIT on for tonight, not sure what yet but I feel like going all out so maybe Imax 2 blast-only.

M#1: cup 'o joe protein shake
M#2: salad w/ grilled chicken
M#3: egg white quiche & a few sweet potato fries
M#4: beef & barley soup OR veggie chili
M#5: 1/2 c oatmeal & 1/2 1%

I probably will not get M#6 in today. Too long of a span between #1 and #2 due to a meeting running late so I'm a little off schedule now. :-(

Gayle thank you so much! I also copied Kathy's BFL UB and LB workouts! I will do your UB tomorrow! I think Friday I will do Slow and Heavy! Thanks girls for posting! It is really helping me! You girls are the best!

Melissa**hope you have fun with IMAX 2 today! Your meals look really good!Sweet potato fries:9 :*.

Belinda

Hi Belinda! I think I may turn into a sweet potato fry!!!;-)

All this posting of workouts and recipes is really helping me as well. We are all ONE GREAT TEAM aren't we?!?!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.