BFL for Tue Feb 26th 2008

Good morning Belinda and all who follow!

Belinda, I always get ideas for premixes from you!

Today’s workout was LIS, which I upped the intensity, especially on the blasts, and it gave me a good sweat.

Yesterday was challenge 2, day 1. I decided to do 4DS this week,along with others, alternating the cardio and weights sort of per the BFL plan. Yesterday I did chest & back – and I needed to go heavier on just about very exercise than when I was doing it at the beginning of January! Next time I’ll attempt to do all those push-ups on my toes.

Another good thing happened yesterday – someone accused me of being a cookie dealer and they were gaining all the weight I’m losing! LOL! So nice to have people noticing.

While I’m taking a break from the Pyramids and using 4DS, my workout schedule will be:

Monday: chest/back
Tuesday: LIS
Wednesday: Shoulders/Core/Calves
Thursday: Kickbox
Friday: Legs/Core
Saturday: Boot Camp + Biceps/Triceps
Sunday: HIS + 2-3 mile run

Meals yesterday were:
M1: protein shake
M2: apple, string cheese
M3: taco salad with ground turkey, kept it healthy
M4: protein shake
M5: wheat spaghetti with turkey meatballs and a salad
M6: protein shake

Since I don’t mind repetition, today will probably be the same.

Don’t have time for personals today – sorry. Snow will be slowing down the roads on my way in to work.

Have a great day! Sending out lots of clean eating vibes!

Good morning!

Belinda, great workout! I will do abs too. I really feel them from yesterday! }( I'm not sure yet which cardio I will do. What are your plans today? Walk those doggies? :7

Sherry, sounds like you have a great rotation starting. I may jump on the band wagon! That's great that people are noticing AND saying something about your changes. You must feel great about your progress! WAY TO GO! Enjoy your day and be careful driving in today.

bbl

Sherry-I have to commend you on your excellent work on getting thru all 12 weeks. You did an AWESOME job and I'm SOOOO glad you've decided to jump right back in! Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the 4DS because I think a few of us are going to start using them next week! CONGRATS, my dear, on reaching a GOAL and moving onto your NEXT ONE! Have you set new goals and mini-goals for these next 12 weeks! Let's KICK IT!!! AND.....I LOVE it when others notice and actually SAY something positive about your progress....ANOTHER HIGH 5!!!!!!!!!!!

Belinda-great workout for you! Remind me what kind of time difference there is between you and the US (I never remember)!

OK...I was up extra early today; 4:20am! LOL Today is day 7 of my first week....so Week 1 is comign to a close for me! Today is also Free Day, but I've got some really awesome things on the menu today that are still clean. For breakfast I'm going to have a yogurt and banana, and dinner is going to be Cajun Shrimp Stir Fry. So I took measurements and pics this morning, and the BLOAT from that horrible excuse for challenge 2 is down significantly! LOL

This morning's workout was:
BFL UB (and some of those super sets just KILLED ME!)
iTread 8, 60 minutes....logged almost 6.5 miles!

While I was on the TM, my eye caught the ticker tape at the bottom of the TV screen, with a 2 hour delay for the schools! HA! All it did last night was rain, so maybe the roads are icy since it WAS below 30! ANYWAY.......

Have an AWESOME DAY, LADIES! BBL!

Gayle

Good Morning,

Yesterday I ended up doing Slow & Heavy Legs plus floorwork form GS Legs. I'm thinking I need to go back to S/H to jump start things again.

Today will be S/H chest and back plus abs from 4DS KB.

BBL,

Carolyn

Good Morning Ladies,

Just checking in with my workout finished.

I ended up doing yesterday's workout today for the reason my son was here until 10PM. DH called us from the Caymans on "SKPE" and we talked with him for about 35min. He looked totally exhausted from his trip. I hope he was able to sleep last night.

Belinda: Enjoy your workout. Sounds like a good one. I will be doing 4DS split weights next week.

Sherry: Great planning on your schedule. Even better....having people notice all your hard work is paying off! :)

Stephanie: What are your plans for today? I hope you have a good workout whichever you decide.

Drive safe today if you are getting snow/sleet.

BBL Heidi

Hi Gayle and Carolyn!

Great workouts!

Gayle: Congratulations on your honorable mention just the same! Let us know what goodies they offer you. :)

BBL

Thanks, Heidi. It looks like I get my entry fee back ($25) and free membership to the 'premium' BFL Tracker site.
I'll take it!
Gayle

Morning everyone,

Today was TM with Runervals 7.0 workout C. I wasn't sure if I would make it but once I started I was fine.

Stephanie - BFL LB I did Squats followed with Leg Extensions, Lunges followed with Leg Curls, and then did Calves 3 sets of 12 standing, toes forward, toes out and toes in. For the reps I followed the BFL way 12, 10, 8, 6, 12 and 12. I hope this makes sense. If you want me to spell it out more, let me know.

Lainie- I have only done one section from Tummy Trimmer (standing) but I did like it. I am going to try to do a different section each day.

Carolyn - Pull-ups, I can't do one. I do have the woody pull up bands and am able to do about 4. I am working on them and plan on doing them more but haven't yet. The Bands you can put either one or both feet in and pull up. I put one foot in and pull up.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Rhonda

Morning!
I'll be back later for personals. This morning I ran 7 miles using Runervals 6.0 (wkout B) + Runervals 1.0. I forgot how challenging these workout are! Coach Troy really pushes you! This was a nice combination of speed, hills, and speed and hills mixed together. Fun stuff!

Kathy

Morning, ya'll. I'm supersore from yesterday (BFL upper body + physical therapy). I still managed to drag my keister out of bed and work out--did 4DS LIS cardio on a 4" step.

I'm about to take Isaac to the bus stop, then I'll be back for more and some personals....

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Good morning ladies!!

Week 9 day 2 -- the first workout I have missed !! Did you all see me sitting there on the sideline with ice on my back cheering you on!!!

This has been a total MENTAL challenge for me -- NOTHING was going to make me miss a workout -- that is except not being able to stand upright because my back is out!!

Okay enough crying -- there is no way I can even take a slow walk today -- I'm all hunch over like an old woman -- however, this WILL NOT bring me down. I am sticking to the plan! I will eat EXTRA clean since I can't get the workout in!!

Way to go Gayle on HM!!
Way to go Sherry for Challenge 2 -- you "cookie dealer"!!
BBL for more personals!!

Thanks for all the support ladies! I know my back is going to be better soon with all the healthy vibes you are sending! I just got a notice that my little hip pack has shipped so I have to get better so I can hit the road running. :)

Michelle

Good morning Stephanie, Heidi, and Belinda and everyone to follow.

Sherry - Taco Salad sounds so good. I might have to put that on the menu for next week.

Gayle - Cajun shrimp - MMMMMM. I love shrimp. That's another one to add to my menu plan.

Carolyn - I was thinking of adding S & H for weeks 5 - 8 or weeks 9 - 12 (I plan to do Gym Styles whichever month I don't do S & H). I'm only on Day 2 of Week 3 so I still have a little over a week to figure it out.

Kathy & Rhonda - Great jobs on your runs. I ran 3 5K's last fall after Madelynn was born. I'd like to improve my time this summer and maybe try a 10K. I think after this 12 week challenge I will try to increase my distance.

Lainie - Great job getting a workout in even when you're sore from yesterday.

Michelle - Take it easy and I hope your back gets better soon.

Today I did PUB. I increased my weights a little bit and I'm feeling a little worked (but in a very good way). I received my new issue of Clean Eating yesterday and there are a bunch of recipes I'd like to try. I guess I'm going to be doing alot of cooking next month. Tomorrow is my interview for a new job. I hope it works out - it sounds very promising.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Okay ladies - question for you...

I've been reading a lot lately -- and all the literature says you can't "build muscle" and "lose fat" at the same time. Which makes sense, I guess.

So, after doing BFL for 9 weeks I can totally see how my muscles have really improved -- however I do still have this layer of fat over my entire body that I want to get rid.

When I look at Gayle's photos -- man, girl -- it looks like you did BOTH at the same time.

So, do I continue as is -- in more of a muscle building mode -- or do I focus on fat loss for a few months then go back to muscle building.

It is just all sooo confusing!?

Michelle

Good question Michelle. I would love an answer to this as well. You would think with all the muscle we are building that the fat would just melt off. I think this is the reason I feel like I'm in a slump. I see the muscle definition but like you said, there is still a layer of fat, especially around the middle.

Carolyn

OK, I'm back. I got Isaac off to school and ate my first little meal of the day. I've had 5 cups of water so far and I feel very full. A bit too full of water, actually.

I was good about the water but of course had to get up to pee twice in the night and felt like I spent much of yesterday peeing. TMI? I have a bladder the size of an acorn.

Ooh, just heard a thump on the porch and it was an Amazon delivery--the BFL book (I had just checked it out at the library) and Eating for Life. Cool.

Belinda, great job on the cardio today.

Sherry, I liked reading your meal list--gives me ideas since this is my first challenge and I'm still learning.

Gayle, congrats on the honorable mention--sounds pretty darn good to me!

Michelle, hope your back is better soon--sounds painful--and the back is so important to all the other parts--it has to really limit things when it's hurt. And I have no idea about building muscle/losing fat. Hope someone else has a good answer.

Kim, I just got the issue of Clean Eating yesterday, too (my first). Looks good.

Hi to Stephanie, Heidi, Carolyn, Rhonda, Kelly, and all who follow.

Quick question: does anyone here do BFL strictly "by the book" with the just 20 min. of HIIT and abs only once a week?

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif

If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/font]

Lainie- Right now I am just doing 20 minutes of cardio and abs once a week (mostly because I hate doing abs and save them for later and just end up "forgetting" about them). This is my first challenge (W3 D2) so I don't know how well it will work but it's what fits in with my life right now. My last day of work is Friday and then I'll have some time off while I search for a new job - I'm thinking of increasing the cardio a bit at that time.

Belinda – Great workout!

Sherry – Congrats on the compliment! I like your workout schedule, too. This weekend DH and I were out shopping and almost every store had a group of Girl Scouts sitting outside selling cookies. I thought of you and Melissa!

Steph – Enjoy your cardio workout!

Gayle – Great workouts! Wow, you must live in an icy, snowy region! Congratulations on the HM on your BFL Tracker contest. Personally, I think you should have won! Let us know how the Cajun Shrimp come out, I found the recipe on the Clean Eating Magazine website.

Heidi – I hope your DH has time to recoup today from his trip. How long did it take for him to get there? I’m sure he had a lot of sitting and standing at the airport, too. It takes us half a day to get from NJ to CO when we go home and it’s exhausting.

Carolyn – The S&H series is a great choice!

Rhonda – I really want the 7.0 Runervals and the Runervals with Iron Girl. I may try to sell some of my DVDs I don’t use so I can kind of recycle and not break the budget. Your BFL LB workout looks good! I love the Woody Bands, they make me feel strong, lol.

Lainie – How was your knee and ankle with the 4” step? When I was recovering it took me awhile to build up to the step again, too. I would feel it more in my “good” leg the next day because I was over compensating sometimes. Be patient and it’ll get better, promise.

Michelle – Awww, I’m sorry your back is worse today. How long does it usually take for it to ease up? I hope it’s a quick recovery! Hmmm….I’ve heard all the theories before too. You have to be in a calorie surplus to build muscle (according to all the “bulk” enthusiasts) and then you go into a “lean out” phase. My personal feeling is if you have a good muscle base now, you could just try to lean out. In 2002, I weighed 114-115 lbs. (at 5’5”) and my body fat was still about 14-15%. In 2005, I weighed 127 lbs. and had the same body fat but had more muscle. I’m hoping I never have to go as low as “teens” again, because I just looked more “thin” than muscular. Hope that makes sense.

Kim – That’s great that you were able to get out and try some 5k’s last year! I really think you’d enjoy a longer race. The time flies by and you’ll be surprised at how much more fun you’ll have with a longer distance. Good luck with your job interview tomorrow!

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.