BFL for Tue Feb 12th 2008

Hi girls,

I am back with personals! I still have to do my cardio!

Christina** your granola recipe sounds really good! Great job on PLB yesterday! I totally forgot how tough Leaner Legs was! LOL! I need to pull that one out more often, I only done that on twice! LOL!

Michelle** no sleeping under the desk! How often do you do yoga? I need to start doing more stretching!

Stephanie** I like doing my abs first! No more excuse! I use yoga blocks or weight plates for the levitation holds!

Gayle** enjoy your iTread 60 minutes today! I am already sweating!

Kathy** I hope you enjoyed your run and ab workout yesterday!

Melissa** what are you doing for your 20 minutes of HIIT today! Have fun whatever you decide!

Heidi ** have fun with your workout today!

Tammy** what workout are you doing today? Enjoy!

Have a great one!

Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Good Morning BFLers!

Today I think I'm going to do CC#7. Yesterday's LB workout was squats, leg extensions, forward lunges, deadlifts, calf raises, plie squats, step-ups and firewalkers. I did the abs from ME. I follow the BFL format (12/10/8/6/12/12) and choose exercises from the suggested lists and I lift as HEAVY as I can. I am surprising myself with how much heavier I can lift when I don't follow a DVD.

Belinda ~ Have a great cardio workout!

Have a great day ladies!

Good morning!

Just stopping by. Cardio done - LIS. Still not on the iTrain bandwagon. How do you have the time to review and decide which one?! Need to get in to work a bit early today. Sorry - no personals today.

Exercise is a great way to keep our spirits up on the gray, dreary days of winter. (MI has the most cloudy days in winter, thanks to the lake effect - just a little tidbit to ponder)!

Have a great day!

Good morning all you early birds!

Sherry - wish I could help you with the i-trains, but I only have two -- I just picked the ones that Gayle and Kathy told me to -- AND I made sure to pick two that were short! :)

Okay I did cardio coach one today. Wow, I'm feeling good! I haven't done a CC since starting BFL -- and let me tell you, I kept up with him. It felt so good.

AND Belinda - I just did abs. Yahoo!! I pulled out something old - Tamilee Webb Abs of Steel 2. Oh my gosh - how EASY!! After doing Cathe there is no comparison! In between she did pushup -- on her knees! She did everything in sets of 8 -- well, I can do 8 toe pushups -- I was soooo excited!

Don't have time for personals -- gotta get to work -- I'll be back later!!!

Doesn't it feel GREAT to be done for the day -- ARE YOU LISTENING Melissa!! :) Hope you up sweating right now!!

Michelle

Good morning!

Belinda, did you get your cardio in yet? Good idea on the tools to aid in the levitation holds. I will try it!

Tammy, sounds like you will get in a good workout! I feel the same regarding heavier weights. It make you feel good, doesn't it?

Sherry, LIS is my all time favorite! Sending you rays of sunshine to cheer you up!

I will do IMAX 3 - all ten blasts today. Measurements were down in most areas yesterday! My photos showed very little change, but it's only been a week! Jeesh, what do I expect! 11 more weeks!

ETA, Michelle, we were posting at the same time! Great job on the ab workout! And 8 pushups! That's great! I can do 4. I'll get there!

Good morning to all that follow! :7

bbl

Hello and Good Morning,

Belinda: How was your cardio? What did you end up doing today?

Tammy: You might have something there! When it comes to following a DVD that is. When someone says to use a certain poundage you go for that and nothing higher....weird huh?

Sherry: I agree..LIS is a nice one. Time to pack that portable sunshine.:)

Michelle: I used to use Abs O' Steele too! I agree that the pushups are not tough at this point. Great job!

Stephanie: Keep working on the push-ups for you will get there sooner than you realize. Have fun with IMAX 3. Real sweaty fun!

Today's workout:
Set 4 40min
Abs: B&G

Have a great day everyone. BBL Heidi :7

Hi girls,

I went to the gym this morning and did tread climber for 40 min. , I also worked my abs ( All Step) before I went to the gym! Tomorrow I am thinking doing a BFL UB workout!

Tammy** have fun with CC# 7! Great job on your BFL workout yesterday! I do lift heavier with BFL style than with a DVD! LOL!

Sherry** nice job on LIC this morning! Have fun at work!

Michelle** awesome job on CC this morning! I also worked my abs (All Step) before I went to the gym this morning! Great job!

Stephanie** Imax 3 is a good one! Let me know what you think about the yoga blocks!

Heidi** we posted at the same time! Great job on your workout! Have a great day!

Off to take my dogs for a nice walk! BBL!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi Sherry:

Just a quick note: As for picking an iTread I went for the first Set #1. I got hooked from this and started making notes as to what the different sets were like. Having others that use them as well helps with knowing what they liked or didn't like.

Set 1:

20min Great quick run with 3 sprints
40min Interval workout
60min A mix of sprints with hills and a steady run.

Have fun picking one (or 3) out. :)
BBL Heidi

Hi Belinda:

Have a great walk with your dog! :) How is the weather there?

It is 14 degrees here...brrrr. We are expecting a snow storm this evening.

I am going to check back at Kathy's and Gayle's posts for her weight workouts. This will help me get an idea for doing BFL upper too. Just curious if I can go heavier than I have been by following a DVD.;-)

Have a great day.

BBL

Morning everyone!
Belinda – Great workout! Awww, enjoy your walk with the dogs (I have to do the same here in a minute!)

Tammy – I was planning on doing CCV7 this morning too, but I forgot I took it off my player, darn! Yeah, it is amazing how much heavier you can lift on your own with just timing yourself.

Sherry – What I usually do is listen to each iTread when it comes out monthly and write up a review with speeds/inclines/times. Then I can just visually look at them the day before and decide what I want to do. I have them all in Word format, if you want a copy just PM me (that offer goes for everyone). ;)

Michelle – Yay on the CCV1, that’s a goodie! Have a great day at work.

Stephanie – Great on the inches lost! I think pics are good because we all tend to not “see” changes when we look in the mirror everyday.

Heidi – Enjoy your workout! How’s the sheetrocking coming along?

I got up and ran 6 miles using CCV6 with Candace + Debbie Sieber’s 6 minute abs and 6 minutes of standing abs on my own. Hmmmm, I was having some tightness in my "good leg's" achilles tendon this morning. Guess it's time for a little Advil.

Hi to those that follow!

Kathy

Good morning everybody! I am so sorry that I was sort of MIA yesterday. I really hate when the day gets started later than normal, because it just throws everything else off for the entire day!

Tammy-great LB workout. And yes…it’s just amazing how much you can REALLY lift when you challenge yourself! GREAT JOB!!!

Hey, Sherry! iTrain…it’s just like trying to decide which Cathe workout to buy when you first started out with Cathe! LOL There are so many to choose from. If you’re interested in trying one out, I’d suggest first deciding how long you want it (20,30,40,45 or 60 minutes). That narrows it down a bit. Then the descriptions give you a pretty good idea. Or just ask KathyG….she’s our iTrain guru around these parts! LOL

Michelle-great workout! So, Tammi is no match for our new and improved Michelle, is she? LOL Great job! Oh…Rodney Yee. I have his Power Yoga Total Body and really like it. I’m not a ‘yogi’ and never really liked Pilates or Yoga, but I do have to say that I really REALLY enjoy this DVD. For me, it really challenges me with isometric holds and poses, and stretches out these not-so-limber muscles I’ve got.

Stephanie-enjoy IMax!!! One week down. One at a time…you’re doing GREAT!!!

Heidi-your workout looked sort of like mine today! I love those abs in B&G! As for upping your weights…..plan out your next weight work and increase the weights by just a smidgen…even if it’s just 1 or 2 # for UB. Little increases each time. Challenge yourself…..just WAIT till you see what you can do.

Belinda-good workout!!! Keep Michelle in line with working those abs, girl! Coach her right on thru!

OK…..I was up earlier (than yesterday at least), but no as early as I would have liked. I did have time to get my whole workout in, but not my shower and stuff. No biggie. At least the workout is DONE! I did iTread 1 60 minutes and logged 5.75 miles. I wanted ‘easy’ miles today, so I followed the jogger’s numbers instead of the runners’ numbers. I actually felt sluggish. I really felt like I should have gone the faster paces, but I really wanted to keep today’s run low-key. I managed to hold back, but did kick it for the last 2 sprints! HA! Then I did PUB abs. LOVE those pikes now that I can do them!

There is a winter storm coming, supposed to hit here around noon. It’s still up in the air if the kids will get out of school early or not. We’ll see.

Oh, and yesterday I made Roasted Veggie Soup. It's one of my favorites. It takes a bit of time to roast the veggies, then boil the soup, then puree it, but it's OH SO YUMMY! I eat it as a carb and serve it with a serving of protein...last night I had it with a 4oz fillet of cod. YUMMO!

Here's the recipe:

Roasted Vegetable Soup
2 turnips, peeled and quartered
4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 ½” pieces (about 1 lb)
1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 ½” pieces
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 6 wedges
5 garlic cloves, unpeeled
1 T olive oil
32 oz. fat free low sodium chicken broth
1 ½ C water
2 C 1% low fat milk
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
6 T fat free yogurt

Ÿ Preheat oven to 500° F.
Ÿ Toss turnip, carrot, potato, onion, garlic and oil together and place in a roasting pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally.
Ÿ Squeeze garlic cloves to extract pulp. Place pulp, vegetables, broth and water in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Ÿ Place one-third of the vegetable mixture in a blender; process until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining mixture. Return it all to the pan; add milk, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. Ladle into bowls; top with yogurt.

Notes:
· For BFL, I count this as a serving of carbs, and serve it with a serving of fish, chicken, beef or other lean protein! VERY FILLING, too!

Yield: 8 servings, 1 1/3 C each, 2 WW points per serving

Nutritional #s per serving: 124 calories, 2.6g total fat, 20.8g carbs, 5.8g protein, 3.6g fiber

Original Source: Weight Watchers Annual Recipes for Success 2007

Gayle

Hi everyone,

I am contemplating on going back to BFL. I did it once for about 10 weeks and had some good results.

Do any of you use PUB or PLB for the weight workouts? If you don't do you do your own thing or use other weight workouts?

I don't have a problem with the cardio as I have a few workouts that I think are like HIIT. I have Runervals 7 workout A which is 10 rounds of 30 seconds sprint to 90 second recovery. I try to do this workout once a week.

I have quite a few iTrains so I would have to go through those and pick out which ones would work.

I am wanting to decide by week's end if this is the way to go. I enjoyed BFL because the workouts were fairly short and worked for mornings since I only have about 45 minutes to workout.

Eating is where my problem lies so I would have to train myself again to be better

:D

Thanks for letting me ramble,
Rhonda

Hey, Rhonda. I just replied on the Open Forum to you! LOL To answer your question, we all do a little bit of everything. For me, I go back and forth between BFL 'prescribed' weight pyramids and PUB/PLB. In fact, I just did PLB yesterday. As for HIIT, I use iTreads (set 13 and set 19 are both 30 minute sprints that I use quite a bit), the IMaxes, Low Max, and LIC cardio premix. All in all, it the CONSISTANT COMBINATION of clean eating and intense workouts that WILL GET YOU RESULTS!

Gayle

Stephanie-I'm curious...which iTread are you looking at? I've got 4 credits to spend and they're burning a hole in my pocket! LOL

Alright, just got notice that school is dismissing early, after lunch. Which means I still go to work...fine by me...at least I get paid for the day! It also means I'll have a house full of kids this afternoon. I'll be watching my friend's 2 kids until HER school is dismissed! ALSO means my PC time will be limited this afternoon.

I'm getting stiff in the legs, so I may try to do SM or Yee's Power Yoga sometime later today. Can't hurt, right?

Stay warm, everybody!

Gayle

Just curious, are most of you doing more cardio than the 20 min HIIT?

I'm just starting and want to make sure I will see results if I stick to 20m.

Morning Ladies,

Well, it was another sleepless night, coughing all night long. I am going to attemp GS Chest & Tri's. I didn;t workout at all yesterday and my throat is so sore that I wasn't drinking my water and I feel totally and completely bloated and dehydrated. I'm in my 2 week of this cold crap and if it doesn't get better in a day or two I'll have to break down and see the doctorx(

On to happier issues, I was looking at the blog and noticed the barbell and weights Cathe and crew are using. I have a pretty good dumbell selection and I am wondering if I will need a barbell set for the STS series. How many of you guys use a barbell? What kind is it and where did you get it? I would really love everyone's input on the barbell issue. I feel I could go much heavier on certain exercises with the barbell, such as barbell rows, chest press and squats.

I'm off to try to workout. Hello to all!!

Carolyn

ETA: Anyone else feel like they have hit a plateau?

Gayle – Thanks for that recipe, wow it looks delicious! I’m going to buy the vegetables this weekend and make it. Have fun with the kids this afternoon!

Rhonda – I think the Pyramids and any intense cardio will work. The key is challenging yourself. The eating is VERY important, I’m the perfect example….lol. I can exercise til the cows come home (and I would because I just love it) but my weight won’t budge unless I monitor what I put in my mouth. Welcome, btw…we hope you join us here.

Stephanie – I’ll send that list right off to you this evening (from my home computer). :)

Forever39 – I think on average most of us are doing a little more (because we enjoy it). I’m sure you would get results if you did the plan by the book (with 20 minutes of VERY intense HIIT).

Kathy

Hi Carolyn,
Awww, I’m sorry you’re still fighting off that cold! I have a couple of barbells. The smaller one I have I got from the “Firm” about 13 years ago. It’s a really nicely padded bar that weighs about 10 lbs. and has these nice “spring” collars on the ends. I can load it up to about 70 lbs. without it bending under the pressure. I’m not sure if they still sell them or not….

The other is an Olympic size barbell that fits on my weight bench. I love that thing, it can hold up to 300 lbs. of weights (not that I’d ever get that high, lol) and I bought a good leather neck pad to go with it at Sports Authority. In my opinion, a barbell is a very worthwhile investment.

Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.