BFL for Tue Feb-05-08 06

Hi girls,

Good news I am down another 3 pounds from last week! I love BFL! I love seeing the # to go down! I am so motivated!I will eat super clean this week! Bring it on!

Michelle** I do love working my abs on the stability ball! I will meet you at the gym for a jog later!

Heidi** thanks for all the iTreads recommendations, I will go back and read up on it! How is your headache today?

Sherry** how are you and your DD feeling today?

Carolyn** how are you today? Great job on your workout!

Stephanie** great job on your UB workout yesterday!

Gayle** how are your legs feel today? What are you up to?

Hi Amelia and welcome!

Jennifer, Melissa, Kathy and Susan hope you have a fabulous day! I hope I didn't forgot anyone, if I did I am sorry!

I will be back later after my run!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hello Agian Everybody!

I introduced myslef last night,I hope another newbie is ok?;-)

This is my fourth week on BFL and I love the program! I've lost 6pds so far with alot more to go.My weightloss ticker shows my first goal,after I reach that my new goal will be 140!

Well,I look forward to getting to know everybody:)

bbl,my workout today is a 30 powerwalk/Jog on the TM!

Good morning ladies!

Just got off the elliptical! Kathy was on the tread next to me -- and of course Gayle with her i-trains. Man, do I have a big house or what? Sorry you had to go the gym Belinda! :) ha ha ha! Okay, who else was out there???

You ladies really pushed me today -- THANKS!!!

Gotta go to work -- should be an easy day -- I'll be back to chat!

Michelle

Belinda - Can't wait to hear how your jog was -- I think I'm going to start my jogging on Saturday! :) What are you listening to??

Michelle

Hi girls,

I am done with my jog! I did iTread 13! I am really getting into that one! I ran faster today than I did last week! I love it! Thursday I will go to the gym for a steady run! I will check out iTreads and see which one I will download! Gayle what are you doing to me?? LOL! Gotta love it! Thanks for pushing me and make me spend more money! LOL! I still have to work my abs! Did you hear me Michelle?

Michelle** I saw you next to Gayle and Kathy! I was right behind your, of course you didn’t see me! LOL! Great job on your elliptical! Have fun at work!

Amelia** enjoy your power walk/run today!

Tammy (oldfirmie) I send you a pm! I hope that will answer a few of your questions?:) You also can contact Gayle, she knows more about BFL than I do! She is an expert on BFL! LOL!}}( I am still learning!

Hi to everyone that follows today!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497}(

hey girls,Ive got a question of the cardio in BFL! Im doing a Treadmill interval today! i just read the bfl website on cardio.So how would I do a tm interval and make it bfl here is what i have been doing so far!

2mins-level 2-warmup
2mins-level 3-incline@2
2mins-level 4-inlcine@2
4mins-level 5-no inline(im jogging at this point)

and then I just go back to the level three/icline and repeat until its about 1min from my goal time(which is usually 30mn)and do a one minute cool down walk!

Im I doing it right!

PS-Gayle knows the disaster that i made with the weight work when I didn't read the directions right,LOL;-)

bbl

Good Morning!

Belinda, hooray on your 3 pound weight loss! :7 Your motivation vibes are being felt over here!

Michelle, glad your day will be easy! Are you new to jogging? I ran up to 1 1/2 miles last fall but haven't run since. I want to get back into it too! Let me know how you do!

Jennifer, Melissa, Kathy, Gayle, Carolyn & Susan, Good morning!
:)

Heidi, I hope you woke up feeling great!

Sherry, are you feeling better?

Amelia, I plan on doing a 30 powerwalk/jog too but I don't have room for a TM. :-( What happened...? "disaster that i made with the weight work when I didn't read the directions right"

Just curious, where is everyone on their bfl program? What week, are you on target, did you graduate?

Off to take DS to school then get my workout in. bbl

Stephanie-Enjoy your interval today.I BARELY have room in my bedroom for a TM,I have to basiclly roll over the bed to get to my closet,LOL!And about my Disaster.... The first time I did a BFL style workout I 'kinda' over did it! I did all the reps right,just did too much - repeated ever muscle group FOUR times :+! I did LB that day! And Im on Week four in BFL My week starts on a sunday....does that make any sense? My WI/Free day is saturday and my rest day is sunday!

ok,gotta get my breakfast down and fisnish my workout,clean house...blah,blah,blah...bbl

ETA-My meals for today..
#1-1/2 scoop protien powder in my kashi ceral with 1c skim milk
#2-1/2apple string cheese
#3-1 cup of my frozen chillie,sids salad with lite dressing
#4-21mixed nuts
#5-lean steak with sauted onions,bellpeppers in a ww tortilla
#6-1/2 apple string cheese

You ladies are ROCKING AND ROLLING on that scale! Losses all around, hugh???

Amelia-you’ve done a FANTASTIC job, even BEFORE starting BFL 4 weeks ago. 90 pounds GONE! That’s nothing to sneeze about! LOL Great job! And Welcome! As for your TM cardio....BFL's 'prescribed' cardio has 4 total intervals. The first 3 intervals, you work up to a level 9 exertion, then the 4th and last interval, it's an all-out level 10 exertion. I think the program on your TM is just fine, as long as you're really pushing yourself by the end of it!

Belinda-I do sprints 2-3 times per week. I really feel that’s what’s been helping me with my races. I’ve been doing so well at my local races, the times and paces I’ve been keeping are surprising ME!!!! I have to give the credit to the iTread sprint workouts! WOO HOO on your weight loss! (oh, and I’m NO expert on anything…besides laundry).

Melissa-I have to agree that sometimes it’s just NOT worth it to get into the conversation with people. HA! It’s too bad that there is just all this speculation around women, heavy weights, what works vs what doesn’t, etc. But CONGRATS on the compliment!

Michelle-there was somebody in line in front of me, waiting for that treadmill next to you! This person was just so desparate to workout next to our Awesome Michelle, that I just had to let her in front of me! LOL (see details below, for the real story, lol).

Stephanie-I’m in Week 6 of my 2nd Challenge. My first challenge ran from Oct 1st to Christmas Eve. It was a fantastic way to get thru the holidays and I had awesome success the first time through!

OK….you all are making me feel like a lethargic slob today! LOL You are all ROCKIN IT! I LOVE IT! Keep it going. I decided (rather, my BODY decided) that today had to be a rest day. My last rest day was LAST Sunday. With this past Sunday’s 10K (fast) race, I didn’t get my normal rest day, and my body knows it! Last night, I was bringing laundry up and down the stairs and my legs were screaming at me. I decided to tuck the kids in bed and get in a good stretch, so I stretched out for about 20 minutes while watching American Gladiators, and decided that today was going to be a rest day. I do not want to burn out thru this challenge, sooooooooooooo although I knew you all were waiting for me in the Cyber Gym, I stood you all up! LOL But I made sure the lady on my treadmill was motivating and would keep you all in line! LOL

After work today, I’m hitting the grocery store for a few things. I’m going to make a new soup called Italian Dinner Soup. It’s got chicken breast, red and green pepper, macaroni pasta, tomatoes and other yummy goodness in it. I’ll share the recipe later today, ok?

Gayle

Good Morning to you all,

Here it is now after 8am and still waiting on DS to get ready for school. He only has a 1/2 day today.

Feeling a little spacey from yesterday's headache. I hope to get in my upper workout today and iTread 26 30min.

At work yesterday I was shifting heavy boxes of screws around to be weighed and counted for inventory. Boy do I feel it today! I think I got in a great leg and back workout doing that. :)

Belinda: Great job this morning on your iTread 13. See...I told you that you would get faster. ;-) Yeah! 3#'s down Great job.

Ameila and Stephanie: Good job getting in your workout bright and early.

Michelle: Get back out there and start jog/running! You did it before you can do it again. Just start out slowly and work your speed and miles up gradually. The weather will be turning around soon and it will feel great to get in that fresh morning air.

I would run outside today myself but it is sleeting and suppose to turn to rain later. (Should have gone for a run yesterday but had to work)

Hello to everyone else that has not checked in yet.
Hi Gayle! How are those shins feeling today?
Sherry and Carolyn: Hope you are feeling better today.

Have a great morning and I will be back later. Heidi

Just adding: Hi Gayle! We were posting at the same time again. Oh that soup sounds great!
One of my favorite stretches for shins....sitting on feet and leaning back slowly until you feel a great stretch from your ankles to your knees. Probably a good idea to give your body a break. :)

Hi, Heidi & Belinda! Thanks for the support on my rest day! LOL Sometimes I just feel plain ol' guilty doing so, but you learn the hard way that when the BODy tells you it's time for a day off, well....it's time for a day off! LOL

Hey guys...everybody! May I be selfish for a moment and shout out that my 36th BDay is Friday?!?!?!?!?! I LOVE Birthdays and really feel it's the most special 'holiday' of the year for a person! I'm excited. And I'm not even a kid! LOL Our BDay traditions are simple. The BDay person gets to choose where or what to eat for dinner. The kids love it. I usually let the kids decide for me (since we all like the same places, their choice is as good as any I can make, lol). Dave's (bf) BDay was last Wednesday, so this weekend he and I are going out WITHOUT KIDS for some adult time. We're going to TRY to work around all the kids' sports schedules and hit a movie and Red Lobster.

Just wanted to share!

Gayle

Hi again ladies --

Wow! Everybody is so upbeat today!! That's why I LOVE this thread.

Okay Gayle -- you are SUPPOSED to take a rest day. Since you didn't take one Sunday -- you NEED it today!! So rest up honey, because I will come to your house and jumped up and down on your bed singing if you aren't up tomorrow! (Isn't that what you threatened me with once before!!??) Okay, and thanks for reminding me that I can't be you "little" sister!!! (We will help you celebrate that b-day!!!)

Hi to all of you!! I'll be back for personals laters!! You are right, I just have to get out there and start jogging. I'm starting to get a little bored on the elliptical!!

Gotta do a "little" bit of work first -- you know what I mean Melissa!! har har!

See you in a bit!
Michelle

Good morning everyone! I love getting into work and logging on and seeing so many posts! You guys ROCK!!!!

Belinda - 3lbs down this week. That's AWESOME!!!! Keep it up girl!!

Amelia - WOW! Your weight loss is so inspiring. Not to mention another 6lbs is 4 weeks. And, I do remember reading your BFL UB post! I am assuming you had some serious DOMS the next day...;-) .

Gayle - you are right, sometimes it's just not worth getting into the conversation about women and heavy weights. That's why I'm so grateful to have this forum to go to. No one close to me is into fitness at all. Even my mother gives me lectures from time to time about "bulking up"! And she doesn't even workout!! Back to more important things...YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! I actually have it on my calendar because you mentioned it last week (I think). I love birthdays too! And a grown-up date w/out kids...WHAT A TREAT!!!

Hi to Michelle (get to work! ;-) ), Stephanie & Heidi and all that follow.

BBL

Morning!
Wow, you all have been busy little bees this morning…look at all these posts already! I’m swamped at work and I’ll try to check in later for personals, I’m so sorry!

I ran 6 miles this morning (with what felt like cement shoes, lol). My hamstrings were really tight from yesterday’s BFL heavy weight pounding.

BBL,
Kathy

P.S. The iTrain website has that the new workouts will be updated soon. Yay!

Hi girls,

Can’t you girls tell I didn’t go anywhere today! Except the gym! I am posting like a graze person! Tomorrow I will go to our PX, they just called me and told me my barbell set is here!

Thanks Melissa for your kind words! I do have to say you ladies ROCK! I learn so much! Have an awesome day at work! Don’t work to hard!

Kathy** WOW on your run! One day I am hoping I will a 5 k! Have a fantastic day at work! New iTrain, I have to go check it out! I am hocked!}(

BBL!
Belinda

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

LOL,Belinda-im posting like a crazy person too!

Just popping in to report my workout,im finished and im glad-did a thirty minute interval on the treadmill! I think thursday Iwill strive for a more intense interval on the Tm! Tommorrow is pub!

Thanks for the kind words on my weightloss girls! It really means alot! I started in the summer of 05 so its been along time coming;-)

Gayle-Your birthday sounds fun,and the adult date sounds like fun too! Thats what DH and I need right now,an adult date :+...maybe this weekend! Enjoy your rest day!

Kathy-Great job on your run,wow! 6miles....thats a LONG Time running! the most I can run at the moment is 4mintues at a time! Its tough stuff!

ok,im running out of time,I look forward to talking to you all! Gotta go right now,bbl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.