BFL Thursday 5/8

Good morning all!

I was ancy to go for a run last night but it wouldn’t stop raining. But the rain kept me up, and now I just didn’t have it in me for this a.m. I feel like I’m in a funk, but I’m pretty sure it’s work stressing me out. We have an audit in 2 weeks, and we are working so hard to get things together. I’ll make up for the UBWO this evening. To help get me out of this funk, I went shopping last night and bought the rest of the Hardcore series. Felt that was better than a food binge, which I was able to keep in check.

Catching up on yesterday’s personals:

Stephanie – How’s the new job coming along?

Amelia – Yeah on the weight/inches/bodyfat loss! I do hope that DH is able to switch do first shift sometime in the near future. I know how much that would help you.

Gayle – Puree the whole container at once – yeah, that would save time and I might actually eat it more often – great idea!

Melissa – Great job joining us at the gym in the a.m.!

Heidi – I can turn orange using the lotions with self-tanners, even the Vaseline or Jergens kinds, especially on the hands and feet, so I don’t even bother with the stuff. I tan fast enough just going outside in the sun. Fresh berries are the best! I’m jealous!

Belinda – I’m so sorry that your life is a bit chaotic – between DH’s flights changing and the dishwasher saga. I do hope it gets better so you can sleep and workout!

Michelle – Yes, MuscleMax is long and the reps go on forever!

Kathy – Have you recovered from the marathon yet? Looks like you are back in the swing of working out.

Carolyn – Wow, you have a lot going on. I can’t wait for the school year to end either. DH is done next week with finals – then he needs to get grades in before graduation. The kids will have a month after that, but at least the schedule for one of us eases up.

Hope you enjoy your workout and have a great day!

Hi, Sherry! A shopping binge is SOOOO much better than a food binge. Not to mention, you have something to SHOW for your money! CONGRATS on that purchase! LOL (only a Cathe fan would encourage more spending! LOL)! It's amazing, isn't it, how quickly your mood can change? Hopefully, the anticipation of the Hardcore series will lift the mood.

OK....Thursday. The week is almost over. Is it bad of me to say that I'm GLAD it's raining today and tomorrow, which will cancel all baseball? LOL That means we'll have some home time tonight (for SURVIVOR....which, by the way, my mom says the FINALE is this Sunday???) and LAUNDRYMAX today.

Today is a bit busier. My older DS is in a math tournament this AM. So....we'll go to school early to set up for Staff Appreciation. Then I'll stay for the tournament which is at 8:15. Then I'll just go to work in the cafeteria from 10-12:45 and then stay after to clean up! I'm packing my 3 meals that I'll need while I'm there. I have to tell you, I've not been tempted even ONCE with all the goodies, sweets, pizza, etc on this spread. Having all my meals with me is a HUGE help!

OK...this morning's workout:

TM run for 10 minutes, logged 1.08 miles
ab/core work ala my trainer
TM run for 10 minutes, logged 1.26 miles (and sweating buckets)

Maybe, MAYBE I'll have some time tonight to catch up some.
KICK IT TODAY, LADIES!

Gayle

Good Morning girls,Yay its thursday!

today is a rest day for me! Although im considering squeezing in an extra cardio today! Not sure yet!

Hey to Sherry and Gayle!:)

bbl

Hey ladies -

Just finished the elliptical and the rest of Tracie's coreblast. Running late - so off to get ready!!

I'll be back soon!
Michelle

Morning!
Oh man, I could NOT drag my carcass out of bed this morning….I was so tired, lol! Guess my body is saying I’m tired so today is a rest day. :)

Kathy

I say -- YOU deserve a rest day Kathy!!

Oh my gosh Belinda ... I hope your bicep is okay!! Hang in there.

Way to go Melissa for eating healthy last night! It is soooo hard - sounds like you are doing awesome!!

Survivor tonight! Yeah!!! I'm sooooo missing Biggest Loser -- thank goodness I still have Survivor. However, I have to admit, I really loved that girl that got voted off last week. I was getting really worried about her knee though.

Hello to EVERYONE!!!

Michelle
P.S. I agree with Gayle, Sherry - glad you went shopping instead of eating! :) I think I should follow your lead!!

Big Hello to Carolyn and Amelia! Okay, I truly need to get better at doing personals. And the door yesterday -- was that Liann's?? That was beautiful! Makes me want to go do something with my front porch this weekend! :)

Carolyn - I love that "What you eat in private, shows in public" - wow, isn't that the truth!! Whoever coined the phrase closet eater - had no idea what they were talking about! :)

Michelle

Hi everyone!

Has anyone else noticed that we seem to be a little quiet this week?! As my DD would say: WHASSUP WITH THAT?!?! I often have to remind her that she is not a "homey".

My biceps are so sore today. I had to tack them on to my LB workout last night so I did PUB biceps. That bicep work gets me every time. I did up weights a little last night so I'm improving at least. I did kind of sporadic leg workout last night. Not sure how effective it was since I don't have DOMS yet.

HIIT tonight. Definetly a step workout. Probably Step Blast or Imax2. Then tomorrow morning I'll get up early and do a CC on the bike. I like getting up early and getting an extra cardio in on my weight days. I also like sleeping in a little on my cardio days ;) , so hopefully I can keep this up. Especially if the scale budges this week.

Have a great day everyone! BBL :+

Hey ladies,
Sorry I’ve been a little MIA this week. I go through a weird phase after marathons. I spend so much time preparing and anticipating the race that I have this “let down” phase after it’s over. It’s like I’m happy it’s over and I made it to the end but now I’m dealing with the tiredness and melancholy.

It’s not that I don’t have more goals (like the July RT and the August 50k trailrun), I do. But my body still needs time to recover before I can start training for either one of them. This period is hard for me because mentally I want to start training hard again but my body says slow down.

I’m fighting the urge to do too much too soon because I know it only leads to injury. This is how I tore my ACL in 2006, I thought I was up to playing league volleyball 10 days after running a marathon. I started to feel good but my balance and muscle strength were still off and I fell. A stupid mistake I still regret and will probably always regret….but a good learning experience.

So anyway, sorry for being a downer… I’m still here and reading and all your posts. I’m sure I’ll be fine in a few days. ;)

Kathy

Michelle-OMG,I almost forgot about survivor....thanks for reminding me;-)

I never did get that workout in:eek: oh well,i needed a rest day:)

ok,just flying by~everybody have a wonderful night!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.