BFL for Thu Jan-24-08

Good morning everybody. I’m sorry I haven’t been on the boards much the last day or 2. We’ve had a few things on the schedule for school and stuff.

Belinda-why not make it 7??? LOL ENJOY!

I need you guys right now. I’m not one to complain, USUALLY! LOL But I will for just a second then I’ll get over it! I’ve been struggling with my food in the second half of the day, since Sunday. Sunday was Free Day. Then, as you know, Monday was a bad day as well. But then that spilled over into Tuesday and Wednesday. Both those days, I started off just fine and it was clear sailing thru dinner. It was AFTER dinner that I started nibbling and noshing. I did some soul-searching, which is always interesting, isn’t it? lol I realized I’m feeling out of sorts on a few things. First, I’m fighting off a cold…no big deal. Next, I always feel ‘pressured’ when I’m following an official training guide for a race (my half marathon). I actually considered just chilling out the rest of this week and the weekend, and getting control. But that doesn’t make sense to me. SO TODAY! When the alarm went off this morning, I took stock of what ‘the problem’ was and I realized THERE IS NO PROBLEM! It’s all in my HEAD! SOOOOOO…..

FRESH START! I hit the treadmill and did iTread 8. I didn’t worry about my mileage…..just the workout. DONE! Now it’s onto a strong day.

Here is the recipe for the Turkey Black Bean Chili. It’s a crockpot recipe and it’s very VERY yummy!

Turkey and Black Bean Chili

1 ½ lbs ground turkey
2 C onion and green pepper, chopped
15 oz can seasoned diced tomato sauce for chili (like Hunt’s)
14.5 oz can no salt diced tomatoes, undrained
2 – 15 oz cans low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1 T chili powder
1/8 tsp ground red or black pepper
½ C low fat sour cream (optional)

· Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add turkey, onion and pepper. Cook until turkey is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain.
· In a 4-quart slow cooker, combine turkey mixture, tomato sauce, tomatoes, black beans, chili powder and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

Yields 8 servings, about 1 cup chili and 1 T sour cream
Numbers per serving: 220 calories, 7g total fat, 20.6g protein, 23.1g carbs, 6.7g fiber, 52mg cholesterol, 2.3mg iron, 635mg sodium, 99mg calcium

Original Source: Weight Watchers Easy Weeknight Favorites

This morning I have school store for 4th grade, then back home for an hour, then to work/school. We have a basketball game tonight, followed immediately by my Book Club meeting. BBL to chat some more.

Gayle

p.s. THANKS for letting me vent and clear the air. It would have been SOOOOOOOOO easy to just NOT say anything to you guys about my flopping on my face! LOL But that’s not the answer!

Good morning ladies,

I am done with my workout!

Gayle I ended up doing 7! LoL! You must have put that in my head!}(
NO PRESSURE, girl!Take it easy! Hope you get over that cold soon! Tha turkey and black beans chili sounds wonderful!

Off to go back to the grocery store!

Belinda

Good morning ladies -

Well, I'm one to say I'm glad you didn't do the 7 miles with hills this morning Gayle -- I don't think "your shadow" could have taken it!! :) ha ha ha !!! 20 minutes on the elliptical was more my pace today! :)

Ladies - I LOVE it when all of you vent on the boards. It doesn't just help YOU -- it helps us ALL. I've been starving at night too. I finally popped a bag of 100 cal popcorn last night. I know it isn't on the BFL plan -- but it was either that or my arm!! :)

I've never been able to talk open and honestly about weight, food and working out. It is finally a relief to have you all!! :)

Okay, my big victory this morning was now I am half way to week 7. You know I keep hearing about that magical week 7 for women. I am counting on it!

I'll check back in with you all later!
Michelle

Question for you ladies:

I saw an awesome looking recipe on Rachael Ray the other day. She came up with a healthy, protein filled recipe to serve the Olympic Athletes. So, I thought, wow this might be a recipe we could eat -- but I'm not sure.

It is called Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac -- I know sounds gross. But it is suppose to task like buffalo chicken wings (except no frying) just healthy chicken and hot sauce and then she mixed whole wheat macaroni in to add some carbs. It sounds sooooo good -- and she made it sound soooo healthy. Do you think it something worth trying -- or something better left for a fee day? (The recipe is on her website.)

Thanks!
Michelle

Morning!
Belinda - I have an off/on again shoulder injury that's finally *healed* for now. I injured it several years ago and have to be really careful on form or I aggravate it, argh! ;)

Gayle - We ALL struggle, it's a daily thing. Please feel free to vent, that's what we're here for... Oh, and you're on your SECOND 12 week challenge so it's extra tough! Hang in there (((big hug)))

Michelle - Those 7 week results are going to be THERE, have faith. ;) I'd love to hear the Rachelle Ray recipe.

Today I got up and ran 6 miles today using iTread 15 (it's a mixture of hills/sprints). Have a great one everybody! Hi out to those posting later. :)

Kathy G

Good Morning,

Today is S/H biceps & triceps plus abs.

Gayle- Hang in there:) Everybody has bad days. Take it one day/one meal at a time.I know food can totally take over and sabatoge our best efforts. When you feel the urge to splurge, go brush your teeth!
This has worked for me a lot of times. Another thing that helps me is I ask myself "How will I feel in 5 minutes if I eat that?" That question alone has helped me tremendously these past 4 weeks.

Hello to Belinda,Kathy and everyone else.

Carolyn

Mornin' ladies! Just posting real quick before bringing DD to school.

I found a substitute for my morning cup 'o joe!

1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup 1%
1 scoop BSN whipped vanilla
1T flaxseed
2tsp of instant coffee
4 ice cubes

DELISH.....:9 !

Okay, I'll be back in a little while when I get to work...:7 !

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

I know I haven't posted much these past few weeks, but I am going to try and get back on board. :)

I guess the thing that hurt so much this week was deciding to sell my Cathe DVD's. We are going through some major finance trouble at home (the Mortgage Co is one step closer to Forclosing our home) :(
They make me so mad, they won't accept payment, they want the entire lump sum $$$ due, all or nothing!! Can they really do this?

Gayle~ I'm sorry your having bad days, but I know you, you will be great, and get right back on track! :) Do you think you might be pushing yourself to hard, and not giving yourself a break?

Thanks for letting me vent, sometimes it seems like you guys help me more than my BF.

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Good Morning to you all,

Gayle: I agree....hang in there. Maybe you are missing some vitamin in your diet and this is trying to fix it's self...(this is my husbands reason for craving broccoli all the time ;-) )
Don't worry....it is just a faze and things will be better soon.:)
Awesome job in getting in your run this morning. #8 iTread is in my checkout for next month's freebie.

Belinda: Wow! IMAX 3 that is tough. Some of the jack sequences I just can't do. My workout area is in the cellar and of course it is cement for the time being. (Not good for your joints!) During those jacks I just run in place. Anyway WAY TO GO!:7

Carolyn: That is a great escape from the food...brushing your teeth. I do this also and Gayle...it does work! Nothing tastes good after toothpaste. ;-)
Have a great workout this morning.}(

Hi Michelle: You were there and did it! Great job on the elliptical workout. Do you think you held a faster pace this time around?

Kathy: Wow you have got that mileage thing going! Well now I just added another great workout to my wish list from iTrain.
Awesome run this morning for you too. :)

Hello to everyone still waking or at work right now. Have a great day!

Still waiting on DS to get ready for school. I will be back after my workout. (First have to figure out what my hips are going to allow for...they are pretty tight from the last couple of workouts)

BBL Heidi:7

Hey Melissa!

I will have to try this instead of my usual 2 cups of coffee! Or at least replace on of them....;-)

Have a great day. What is your plan for your workout later?

BBL Heidi

Hi Jennifer:

So sorry to hear about your having to sell your DVD collection.:-(

Even worse.. about the bank issues. Unfortunately....yes they can do that. This is the worst time for a lot of home owners. Many people have purchased properties with adjustable mortgages and now because of the interest rate being so high they just can't make the full monthly payments.

I am sure you have....but have you looked into refinancing with a different bank?

This explains a lot of your stress issues. I feel terrible for you and hope that things workout for the best. Will be thinking of you.

BBL Heidi

Hi and back again...

Gayle: Question: On the recipe for the Tuna Mac Salad...is that 1 and 1/2 C. of macaroni or just a 1/2 C?

Thanks again for the recipe! I would like to make this today.:)

BBL Heidi :7

Hey guys.

Heidi-it's one and one half cups of dry pasta.

THANKS SOOOO MUCH for your support. Here's another confession, but THIS one has a good outcome! LOL This morning the alarm went off. I sat up and blew my nose.....LOL with this cold! I took a deep breath, laid back down, and pulled the covers over my head again. But the very next second, I thought of ALL OF YOU and I asked myself what I was going to TELL you about this morning's workout! I did NOT want to tell you I skipped out. I DO NOT WANT TO MISS A SINGLE WORKOUT! Because that is just another step toward falling prey to this funk. SO...........I (begrudgingly, lol) got to the bathroom, popped in my eyes (as the kids like to say) and got dressed. So a victory!

Jennifer-AMAZING! In all that YOU are going thru, you were able to say ONE MAJOR IMPORTANT THING to me about my funk. You asked if I'm pushing myself too hard.

Funny question, that was, because I just realized this morning, during my workout, that that is EXACTLY the case. I'm making things too hard for me. I did really WELL and was VERY successful in my first BFL challenge because I kept it simple. I stuck to the program, plain and simple. IT WORKED TREMENDOUSLY, as you all know. Now, I'm trying to do the BFL program again, but with my half marathon training thrown in there. And that is just really putting the pressure on me now. I've had this in the past, also. Everytime I have a race (a bigger, longer race) coming up and I'm officially training for it, I have a very VERY hard time sticking to a program. I floudner. I waiver. I EAT out of that stress. And it's happening again. While I was running this morning, I asked myself what was more important to me....my running or my overall HEALTH and fitness. My answer was a very LOUD 'overall health and fitness'. SO....that leaves me with a decision. I AM going to do the April Half Marathon. I can run that distance without a killer hard training program. But after that race, I'll have to really think about whether those longer distance runs are really REALLY for me. I've fallen in love with the shorter distances, the 5Ks, the 10ks, the 4 milers. And I've been excelling and winning prizes at these distances. And...they fit in MUCH better with my BFL lifestyle.

ANYWAY.........soo so sooooo sorry to ramble. But like you all said, it's a WONDERFUL THING to have you guys here to listen to all this.

Gayle

Hi Gayle,

Thank you for the answer on the mac..

It is so important that just for a second we take a step back and examine ourselves. Why is that we are doing something or why something isn't working out. I am so glad that you found the "Light" and can put your training into a whole new relm. :)

If you start feeling really run down and your food or mood is off something isn't right. Take the time to rest if needed or take a break on increasing those weights. I have done this myself recently. You will be happier and come back stronger the next time around. :7

Off to my easy run on the treadmill....IT IS TOO DARN COLD OUT!!!!

BBL Heidi :7

Carolyn – Great advice, I do that too! If I feel as if I’m going to be okay with the outcome in the morning (scale jump), I go for it….if I think I’m going to regret it….it usually stops me cold!

Melissa – YUM! I’m going to try that this weekend. I’m a coffee addict, thru and thru, lol.

Jennifer – Wow, I am so, so sorry you are going through this….I can imagine how stressful this must be for you. Is there anyway you can refinance or renegotiate with the bank? Maybe they can give you a break somehow. (((big hug))) If you miss any specific Cathe workout you had to sell, let me know. You’re more than welcome to borrow it.

Heidi – There are very few iTrain’s I haven’t like so far! When I first heard Grace I thought “yikes, I’m not sure I can run with someone hollering in my ear”, lol. But after a few times, Sean seems tame compared to her! I still do my Cardio Coaches but not as often anymore.

Gayle – You have to do what you feel is best for YOU. Do not let other people or things sway you from your goals. I realized after my injury just how much plain ol’ running (even slow) meant to me. I used to worry about time and try to beat my previous numbers all the time (I only compete against my self). But after the injury my perspective totally changed and I realized what a blessing JUST being able to run is! I don’t care anymore if I’m the last person crossing the line, just being out there and feeling the excitement and enjoying the run has become the most important. I LOVE exercise, I always have and not being able to do it for a few months while I was in recovery was one of the hardest emotional periods of my life. Like they say “health” really is everything. Big ramble to say….stay true to yourself. :)

Kathy

P.S. WooHoo, the movie Spirit of the Marathon is tonight at 7:30. DH is going with me, I can’t wait!

Thank you for your support, you really don't know how much it means to me :):)

Our finance problems all started when we decided to sell my BF's Pizza shop. Since then, it's been worse and worse! :( The mortgage is not in my name, so that it least saves my credit (maybe we have something). But w/ both our credits being poor rated, it's really hard to get anything. It's horrible how nobody wants to help anymore!! It's sad! :( On top of all things, my ex is still not paying me a dime for child support. I got $100 in 3- years. He has promised to mail me money, but still nothing. I spoke to him yesterday to confirm that he received the date for our Child Support Case, and he said, Yes, but believe me I am pulling out the custody papers, that I have full custody of our son." He said, he going to tell them that I took our son one weekend and never brought him back. Okay, they are going to believe that, he has been living with me for 3 years!!! What he doesn't know is, Domestic Relations is fully aware that he has full-custody of our son, and I of our daughter, but OUR SON choose to live w/ me and my BF. He's still crying b/c I left him 4 years ago..BOOHOO!! He just doesn't like the idea of putting money in my account b/c he is afraid it is going to go for other things. I told him, "what, do you think the kids live for free?" He doesn't think of all the bills, Electric,Cable,Phone,Etc...
Okay, sorry to vent! Thanks!! :):)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Jennifer - I wish I had words of wisdom for you. But I don't. Words just can't express it -- I wish I could help! I have so much respect for you -- you have been through a lot, and you keep on fighting. Hang in there!! Your kids should be pretty proud they have such a strong mom!!

Gayle - glad you are feeling better. It just feels awesome to vent sometimes, doesn't it!! And you know you'd better get your butt out of bed in the mornings -- or I'm going to come over there and pull you out!! And aren't you glad you did?! :) Seriously, I NEVER thought I could get up this early - and somehow all you ladies motivate me to!

Belinda - Way to go on IMAX. Never done that one -- probably never will! :) I know you think I'm joking ... but I'm a Lo-Max type of gal!!!

Kathy - Have fun at the movie!! I know it is going to be awesome!

Carolyn - You go with the biceps and triceps. So do you ever NOT get your ab workout in? That's been my problem so far -- I never do the abs -- considering that is my "problem area" I really should always do them FIRST!!

Melissa - Now, can you find a substitute for my morning diet soda??? Did you see Biggest Loser -- "My Breakfast Soda!" ha ha ha!! That was soooo funny!

Heidi - Yup, I kept up my pace and feeling good!! Oh, we just got rid of our treadmill and I'm missing it! Sounds like you had a good run!! :)

Sorry to anyone I have missed! Thinking about you all!!
Michelle

Okay, I'm at work so I have some time for personals!!;-)

Gayle - when I read your first post, I was at a loss because I don't really have any good advice for you and you always give good advice. Then I read through the whole thread and I am glad that you have worked this out in your mind and are clear about what is important to you. I love that you got in your workout because you didn't want to have to tell us that you didn't!!! That made me :7 . This check-in keeps me accountable. And that makes a HUGE impact on my day and yours too from the sounds of it.

Jennifer - sorry to hear about the situation that you are in. I hope things get better soon and you can buy back all of your Cathe DVD's!!

Belinda - Imax 3 is tough AND you added on #7...YIKES!! Good for you!

Michelle - that Buffalo Chicken Chili Mac sounds delish. I would think it would be BFL friendly. I think you should make it and report back to us..:p !

Heidi - the coffee protein shake is really good. I hope you like it. I have HIIT tonight, but not sure yet what I'm going to do. Maybe 4DS Bootcamp, but don't know if that is really HIIT. I could wear my HRM and make it HIIT..}( . Have you tried getting the puzzle mats for your cement floor? I workout in my basement too and worked out on the cement for YEARS. I ended up getting the mats and it's made a world of difference.

Hi to Kathy and Carolyn! Carolyn, I do the brushing-teeth thing too to stop me from eating at night. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!!

BBL girlies!

Michelle - Sorry, I do not have a substitute for your morning diet soda. I did see Biggest Loser, but I tuned in late and must have missed that part!!

I love that show!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.