BFL TGIF 5/16

Sherry K

Cathlete
Good morning all!

Today is DS's 12th b-day. Our family tradition is back for breakfast, so I think I'll need today to be the free day. He's also having a few friends over this evening for pizza and more cake.

I didn't get my run in last night. I can't believe how this head cold has me down. The 5K is Sunday. I won't be worried about time - at this point I just want to finish.

I haven't done personals, but to quickly catch up on a few things:

-I work in the automotive industry and next week is our quality systems audit, which is supposed to ensure that we have the right processes to always make good parts for our customers.

-I'm an emotional eater, too, and keeping it in check this week has taken tremendous willpower, which has waned at times. Apparently the stress is getting to everyone, because we're all ensuring the candy stash is full - that's not a good sign! At least I got my 2.5 mile powerwalk in at lunch which helped relieve some of the stress.

Now off to get ready for work - quickly because the house will be up soon for birthday cake. Hope you all have a great day.

Good Morning girls!

Sherry-When you powerwalk do you always walk 2.5miles? How long does it take you to walk it? On the Treadmill i can walk around 1.8 miles in thirty minutes. I was just wondering if i should go with the time or distance of a powerwalk? Do you use those hand weight thingy's? Great job on the willpower,im slowly getting mine back in check;-)

Hey to everybody:)

today is a powerwalk and some upper or lower body...don't know which one yet?

AND...i got one day of nice,healthy eating in the books:7 yay,me!!! Now i have to battle through the weekend and i will be fine! Its weird but that first day is always the hardest for me? Ive been trying to have a good day since monday:+:eek: and finally succeeded yesterday:eek:!

And i forgot about No Pudge Brownies}( i may have to go get some for emergencies and the best thng is no guilt:)

ok,everybody have a great day i will bbl after my workout:)

Sherry, wow, you have had alot of stress on ya! But look, it'll all be over next week! I wish you a day of joy, peace and strength!

Happy Birthday to your DS!

Amelia, congratulations on your clean eating yesterday! One day at a time, right? Enjoy whatever WO you choose!

Today is CTX 10-10-10/Triceps.

Good morning to the rest of the gang!

bbl

Good morning girls,

Tdoday I will do GS B/Sh & Bi! I also will do a cardio workout!

Stephanie** enjoy your 10-10-10/ Tri. this morning!

Sherry** Happy Birtday to your son! Sorry about the stress! I am with you on that one! I was so stressed out yesterday, I couldn't do a workout!

Amelia** have fun with your PW and UB workout today!

Hi to everyone that follows today!
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Morning!
Sherry – Good luck on your audit, I’m sure you’ll do fine. ;) Want to hear something amusing? I’m a quality assurance person for a computer corporation so I’m on the other side of the coin for you today, lol. You have a great attitude about the race on Sunday, crossing that finish line is such a rush! Happy birthday to you son, I hop he has a fun weekend. :)

Amelia – High five on the clean eating day, yay! How about some 100 calorie packs for when the muchies hit. I like them because they’re portion controlled and I have to think twice before I open up another bag. ;)

Hey Stephanie! Great workout planned!

Hi Belinda – I’ve been doing the Gym Styles this week and forgot how tough they are!

This morning I did Gym Style Chest & Triceps + ran 3 miles using Runervals 1.0. My arms were shaking on the last set of chest flyes and some of the triceps exercises. I tried to keep up with Cathe’s weights but had to drop down for the last 2 sets on chest (she’s one STRONG little mama, lol!)

Hope everyone has a great day!

Kathy

Hey Stephanie! I have an 8 mile run and a total body (I'm thinking Muscle Max) this weekend. How about you? :)

Kathy

Kathy, wow...8 miles AND total body, sheesh! You put me to shame! ;)

I'm thinking of an itrain. Hummmm

I did find this TM workout, so I may do this one...

0-5 min. 3.0 (this seems too slow! I may increase this speed)
5-10 min 5.0
10-14 min 6.5
14-15 min 5.0
15-19 min 7.0 (YIKES)
19-20 min 5.0
20-25 min 3.5 Incline 5%
25-27 min 3.0 Incline 10%
27-29 min 3.5 Incline 5%
29-35 min 3.0

What do you think of this one?

Hey girls,just poppin in to report my PW,did 2miles and thats all for today! I will finish the week with some more PW and maybe some abbs thrown in and thats it! I will hit the weights agian on monday:)

Kathy-Im kinda scared of buying those 100calorie pks,i mean what if i don't eat just ONE:eek:(i know,thats just terrible,i need more strength that that,LOL}() And HIGH FIVES on your workout today:eek:;-)

Hey to everybody:) just skipping buy;-)
Working on day 2 of healthy eating:)
Have a wonderful friday!!!

I really like that one Stephanie! I'm copying and pasting it in my Word Document. It looks similar to the workout in this months' Fitness magazine (which I promise to post this evening, doh!) ;) I really like the programs they published for treadmill and elliptical (I'll post them all later).

Kathy

Edited to add: I was afraid of that too Amelia but find it takes more conscious effort to open another bag versus just sticking my hand in a bigger bag, lol. Plus I hate seeing a little pile of wrappers (which makes me feel guilty). PLUS...even if I eat the entire box (which I haven't yet, BTW...lol) the max is 600 calories. ;)

Kathy, I just subscribed to Fitness magazine today! I get Oxygen which is where I got the TM WO. I look forward to your post on the others tonight!

Amelia, Great job on day #2! Half the day is gone! You can do it!

bbl

Hi girls,

I finished GS back/shoulder + bicpes! Last night I bought DB handles, it's working out really well for me! At least I can do my Cathe's weight DVD's again! LOL! I missed them!

Kathy** I agree, the GS are tough! I am sure I will have DOMS tomorrow! Great job on your Chest & Triceps workout + 3 miler this morning! Maybe I will do MM with you this weekend! When are you plan on doing it?

Stephanie** how was your run this morning? Hope you had fun!

Amelia** great job on your PW today! WTG on eating healthy!

Belinda

Stephanie – I’m so tempted to subscribe to Fitness and Shape again (ebay usually has some good deals…just search under Shape subscriptions). I already get Oxygen, Runners World, and Clean Eating and buy Muscle & Fitness Hers. DH will probably laugh because my pile of “unread” is already pretty high! :p

Belinda – I’m undecided about what day to do MM…I just looked at the weather and both days are good for running. It’ll probably be the day I get up later than usual, lol. When are you planning on doing it? :)

Kathy

Hey Belinda! One day at a time girl! You have so much going on right now!

Helloooooo, Melissa? Where are you? Too many raspberry margarita's last night? ;) I'm looking forward to hearing about your night out and most importantly, your yummy meal!

Kathy, I hear ya on the unread magazines! LOL I'm going to have to check out E-bay!

Here I am Stephanie!! My night out was fantastic. And so were the margarita's! ;-) I ended up having chicken taco's and they were actually pretty clean & delish. It was two flour tortillas (probably not so clean) both filled with grilled chicken (lots!) with a little bowl of salsa & grilled red peppers & squash on the side. I was really pleased! It was so nice to sit and chat with my friend. We haven't seen each other in so long and 4 hours went by before we knew it.

Then today I did my annual I LOVE ME day! My facial was cancelled at the last minute & I had to reschedule for Sunday (I like this one particular esthetician so I was willing to wait), so my I LOVE ME day is being extended into the weekend a little. I did get a pedicure though and went shopping. I ended up getting some GREAT deals. I got this beautiful pair of shoes that were 50% off. Then I found 3 outfits at Marshalls and every piece was $14.99. Everything fit great and all three bottoms are a size down from where I was a couple of months ago. Can you tell I'm happy?!?!?!:7

So that's my story for today. My eating has been so-so and no workout but I feel great. I will be rearing to go tomorrow morning when I try out CC #3 for the first time.

I had to take DD to the doctor after school today for her 8 year check-up. Before today, she hadn't been to the doctor since her 7 year check-up and before that she hadn't been there since her 6 year check-up! She is one healthy girl (knocks on the wood desk just in case I just jinxed her!).

Sherry - I hope DS is enjoying his birthday and I hope everyone enjoyed cake for breakfast today!

Connie - CONGRATULATIONS on your niece! That is so wonderful.

Amelia - ^^^5's on two healthy eating days in a row!

Hi to everyone else and I hope you all had a great day!

I'll BB tomorrow to post after my w/o.

WAY TO GO MELISSA congrats on the smaller clothes! You go girl! Have fun on your I LOVE ME weekend,sounds fun! I need to start doing things like that!!

Thanks Amelia & Belinda. I really had a great time all by myself!

I was just downstairs planning out my next week of workouts and starting on this coming Monday, there is exactly 12 weeks until the August RT. I should be starting Week 7 of Challenge 2 on Monday, but I'm thinking of backing it up and starting back at Week 1 in my book so that the RT will signify the end of Week 12/Challenge 2. Am I the only one that plays mental games like that?!

There are definetly some things that still need some tweaking. Doing the cardio in the morning on MWF is really working out great. I wake up with no problems at all so I'm going to continue doing that and I think I'm going to do 2 UB's a week and 1 LB instead of alternating every week.

I'm also going to go over my meals from Challenge 1 and bring back some meals that I've forgotten about. Like the egg white quiche.. :9 And the sweet potato fries..:9 Good stuff!

Talk to you later!

Melissa, wow, I feel like I just had a vacation "listening" to your day...ahhhhhh!

^^^^^^^^^5's to you on the smaller clothes! So glad you enjoyed your friend and your supper!

Wish I were going on the road trip! I will miss ya'll! Please take lots of photos to share with us!

Hope you have a wonderful evening!

See ya tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.