BFL.........TGIF

banslug

Cathlete
Good morning! Am I first today? That hasn't happened in a while!!!

This morning's workout...I ended up pulling out S&H Legs. I haven't done this one in a while and remembered today why I love it so much! I used a 75# barbell, and I added on a set of s&h leg extensions on my weight bench extensions (using one of the chapters for Cathe's pace and counting). Feel GREAT.

I'm up in the air about my weekend workouts. I've got 6 easy miles scheduled tomorrow and 7 for Sunday's long run. But I may do my long run tomorrow, or I may do Cardio Kicks tomorrow and keep the long run on Sunday. Decisions, Decisions!

Time to shower! BBL

Gayle

Good Morning Gayle,

I'm up and ready to go. Today will be GS Chest and Triceps. I am going to try the pushups that Gayle recommended, on knees and arms on the bench.

I am so ready for the weekend. Tomorrow will be a cardio day and Sunday is supposed to be my free day, but I may walk or some other light cardio.

Hello to All,

Carolyn

Morning,

I totally agree TGIF!!!! I am so tired today but I did get up and do iTread 19 Sprints. I almost wonder why they call it sprints because I think of sprints being short - not 2 minutes. I cannot keep a fast pace for that long. For 2 minutes I usually can maintain 5.0mph. I did enjoy it but..

I think I will stick with Runervals 7 workout A where they really are sprints. 30 seconds on 90 seconds recovery. At this pace I can go at 6.5mph and then recovery. Coach Troy does this for 10 rounds so the main workout is around 20-22 minutes. I do my own w/u and c/d.

Saturday is PLB - still unsure if I am going to do the floor work. I was thinking if I don't I will add on leg curls and extensions.

Sunday is my rest day. I will get back on track Monday doing weight workouts MWF and the other days cardio.

Thanks everyone for their encouragement and great stories regarding BFL. I am going to be getting my protein powder Monday so I can try those waffles out and start making some protein shakes or adding to oatmeal.

Have a great weekend, hopefully I can get on but if not I will be back on Monday.

Rhonda

Good Morning BFLers!

:D :D :D TGIF INDEED!!! :D :D :D

Today will be LB and abs, I just may pull out S&H Legs (Thanks Gayle!)

Have a great day everyone, I'm already at work so I have to keep this short.

Good morning gang!

Today was upper body - did PUB. Everything was good 'cept the shoulders which had no oompf. Feels much better getting workout in before I start rolling than trying to squeeze it in later.

Getting ready to take my uncle in for some medical procedures, and because he's fasting, he already said afterwards we're all heading to the Original Pancake House - not exactly clean. We'll see what I can do.

DH liked his ClifBar bouquet for Valentine's day. I love how the kids are even trying to come up with healthy ideas instead of sweets all the time.

Time to get motivated for the day.

BBL!

Morning everyone –

In honor (well, fear) of my husband’s mighty flu, I’m taking a rest day today. No way do I want to come down with anything, especially not on a Friday with the whole weekend ahead of me! He is in a pitiful state, poor thing.

I must say I am feeling good about my BFL lifestyle! I had a killer work week, but had energy and motivation to exercise throughout. Hopped on the (admittedly kinda sketchy) body fat scale this AM, and it said 24%, which is a big improvement for me – although my weight has hardly budged. Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans that used to be so tight that they cut off all circulation to my lower body!

Gayle – That half marathon sounds like a great experience – I can’t imagine having a whole stadium of people cheering when they call your name – wow! What part of the country will the race be in? Hope your kids are still feelin the love today!

Carolyn – Have a great workout – Tell us how the Gayle-style push-ups went!

Rhonda – Sounds like you have a great plan for the weekend’s workouts! I haven’t heard of Runervals – I’ll have to check it out! I am just getting started running on a treadmill at the gym.

Tammy – have a great lower body workout! I know this is a dumb question – but how do you get those cool little animated icons for your signature line? I am pretty new to this html stuff :>

Sherry – Great job fitting in PUB before the day gets going! I am sure you’ll find a way to handle the ol’ pancake house! Clif Bar Bouquet – what a great idea! My DH got me a vegetarian cookbook, which I thought was a pretty cool gift ‘cause I love to cook and it's full of healthy recipes!

To everyone who comes after – have a fantastic Friday!!

Christina

Morning everyone!
I’m at my desk for a few minutes so I thought I’d post real quick. Thank you all for you encouragement this week. I have to work off-site this weekend and Mon-Wed of next week. I can’t drink liquids in the labs so it’s tough but I DID find a refrigerator that I can put some food in! I am so frazzled from this week….and it’s still not over, lol.

I didn’t work out last night either! I’m definitely a morning exerciser, I can’t get motivated in the evenings. My week was a little off but I’m but with a little planning, I should be right back on track. My plan is to do my long run tomorrow and then a BFL Upper body workout + run 3 miles on Sunday. Then I’m all caught up! Here’s what my week looked like and the “new” BFL Lowerbody workout I’m doing these next 3 weeks. The first time is usually trial and error to get the weight right on new exercises. :)

Mon: LIC Cardio only premix & abs
Tues: Ran 6 miles + Debbie Sieber’s 6 minute abs (+ 6 minutes standing abs)
Wed: off
Thurs: off
Fri: BFL Lower Body + ran 3 miles

Barbell Squat -
12 reps @ 110 lbs.
10 reps @ 115 lbs.
8 reps @ 120 lbs.
6 reps @ 125 lbs.
12 reps @ 120 lbs.
Leg Extension - 12 reps @ 85 lbs.

DB Deadlifts (weight is per dumbbell) – (need to go heavier next time)
12 reps @ 25 lbs.
10 reps @ 30 lbs.
8 reps @ 35 lbs.
6 reps @ 42.5 lbs.
12 reps @ 35 lbs.
Bulgarian Lunge (or squat?) - 12 reps @ 25 lbs. each

BB Sit & Stands – (need to go heavier next time)
12 reps @ 45 lbs.
10 reps @ 50 lbs.
8 reps @ 55 lbs.
6 reps @ 60 lbs.
12 reps @ 55 lbs.
Leg Extension - 12 reps @ 85 lbs.

Barbell Static Lunge -
12 reps @ 85 lbs.
10 reps @ 90 lbs.
8 reps @ 95 lbs.
6 reps @ 100 lbs.
12 reps @ 95 lbs.
Bulgarian Lunge (or squat?) - 12 reps @ 25 lbs. each

One legged calf raise (one dumbbell w/one leg on step) -
12 reps @ 25 lbs.
10 reps @ 30 lbs.
8 reps @ 35 lbs.
6 reps @ 37.5 lbs.
12 reps @ 35 lbs.
DB two legged angled out calf raise - 12 reps @ 42.5 lbs. each

Be back later for personals.

Kathy

Hello everyone!

I am soooo glad that today is finally Friday! DD missed her train this morning...again. What else is new. Even with my constant prompting her to get ready earlier it didn't help. DH was also running late today. I still have my car in the garage for repairs. This leaves me with dropping DH off first coming home to pick up DD and then come home again to get DS off to school. Phew! I am done with the running around already.

The men are coming shortly to work on the 3rd floor. So I guess I better get dressed. Yes...I run all my errands in my PJ's. My DH was laughing this morning thinking of what would happen if the truck broke down! ;-) Oh well I told him that I see women going grocery shopping in their pj bottoms. Or at least that is what they look like.

Today's workout:

Changing weights for tomorrow. Just doing a run today. iTread set 24 60min. Then abs.

Hello to everyone! Have a great morning and workout.
BBL Heidi
:7

Hey guys. Sorry I can't stay and chat more. I had to clean my friend's house today, since I couldn't do it Wednesday with our snow day. So now I'm rushing around!

Carolyn-how did the push ups go? I really LOVE doing those push ups that way once in a while...the incline just does something different to my chest, and I can really concentrate on pushing thru my hands.

Christine-the HM is right around the corner from me, here in Eastern PA. It's a local race sponsored by Runner's World and is SOOOO well organized...it's terrific!

Kathy-thanks for posting your LB workout. Think I may follow suit next week with that. OH! And those crockpot stuffed peppers were SUPER YUMMO!

Sorry, I have to go now. BBL

Gayle

Good morning ladies!! And HAPPY FRIDAY!!! I was up early today and got in my HIIT...YAY. This getting-up-early thing isn't that bad! I did Step Blast w/u, step combo #3, then the challenge.

I got a killer LB workout in last night. Upped my weights, blasted my iPod and I WAS IN THE ZONE. My legs are feeling it today. And that SB Challenge probably just added to it!

I made another batch of Turkey Black Bean Chili and let it cook on low all night. I can't wait to eat it!!

M#1: protein shake
M#2: turkey black bean chili
M#3: w/w tortilla w/grilled chicken & veggies
M#4: apple & string cheese
M#5: veggie pizza: 1/3 w/w boboli crust, 2T reduced fat shredded cheese and LOADS of veggies
M#6: not sure yet, but it will probably involve peanut butter..}(

Have a great FRIDAY everyone. I'll BBL!

ETA: Just wanted to THANK EVERYONE for the support regarding my sugar-laden binge! I do think that the pancakes triggered that nasty outburst!! What a great feeling though to be able to get back on track so easily. Yesterday was totally clean and it's like that binge never happened!

Hello Ladies!!

Thank you all for "listening" to me yesterday -- just had all that on my chest and just needed to share.

I was sooo worried about you Belinda -- I logged on after my workout and there wasn't a post for today. I now see your computer was down. I'm glad it is back up!!

Gayle - I know, why didn't I start the thread? I'm so strange sometimes. I figured, you know, I'll wait until I get to work and FINALLY do PERSONALS!! :)

Christina - Okay, I've had some wine while on this journey too -- and NOT on my free day! Sometimes on a Friday I just want a glass of wine. I'm not beating myself up over it and I'm still seeing results. However, I feel like I want it less and less -- and the last few weekends haven't.

Tammy - I agree -- we are in this together. There is no way I would be doing this well on my own!!

Sherry -- I'm so glad you finally decided to make yourself a priority. I think by doing this, we have ALL finally done that. I know, there is no miracle -- not even a miracle week 7 -- but we all have our small victories -- and that is what counts. Whether it is more energy, looser jeans, being stronger. I also agree with you about not depriving ourselves. To be honest in the last 7 weeks I haven't felt deprived. Maybe if I had -- I would be seeing it on the scale more -- but to be honest, right now I'd rather be happy than deprived.

Carolyn - I'll probably follow your lead and do something "light" on Sunday too -- just for the fun of it! :)

Rhonda - WAY TO GO for getting up -- when you were tired. I stayed up late last night too with the kids (yes, watching Survivor) and I set my alarm and didn't even think twice. (Okay, I did hit the snooze once this morning). But I feel so good knowing the workout is done.

Kathy - You have such an AWESOME attitude. Sometimes life isn't so structured and we just have to go with it. You did just that. Now it's time to get back into the routine. :)

Heidi - I'm with you.... I'm sooooooo glad it is FRIDAY!!

Melissa - You got up again !! I'm so proud of you -- doesn't it feel awesome?!! Now you can ENJOY your FRIDAY!!

Sorry if I missed anyone -- I'm soooo overwhelmed!! :)
Michelle

You know I wish someone would mention Biggest Loser or Survivor -- I could use some idle chatting!

Michelle

I just have say those Gayle-style pushups really burn. At first it seemed they were much easier than the regular ones, but by set 10 I was really feeling it like never before. I had to decrease my weight for the chest presses and flys because I was shaking too much!

Melissa - I think all of us have had our bouts with sugar binges this week. The thing is, it didn't even taste that good to me. It must be our body's way of telling us that it's out of our system and we don't need that crap anymore. We just had to try it one more time just to make sure!
Where did you find the Turkey Black Bean soup reciepe?

Gayle - Have fun on your run this weekend.

Rhonda - I say GO FOR IT and do the floor work. What the heck!

Tammy - Have fun with your leg workout.

Sherry - Maybe you have the pancake house make you some scrambled egg whites and ww toast. Much cleaner than pancakes and you won't be feeling the guilt!

Christine - I have yet to measure my body fat. BFL has changed my life and attitude as well. I have hit a plateau but I'm not giving up. Hope you don't catch your DH's flu.

Kathy - Not even a water bottle?? I would shrivel up if I couldn't drink my water. How long has it taken you to build up to the weights you use?? I'm stuck at 50 lbs for leg work just because that is all I have right now. I definitely feel I could go heavier.

Heidi - When do you expect your house to be done? It would drive me mad having people in my house all day long. Have fun with your workout.

Michelle - What did you think of Trent wanting to go home? I wish someone would send Mark home, he's getting on my nerves!

Belinda - Sorry your computer was down. I missed seeing you this morning.

Hello to anyone else I may have missed.

Carolyn

Carolyn - yeah, some BL chat!! Can you tell everyone is at lunch?! Trent is sooo nice. What a great guy. I was sad that he left -- but he wanted to. Mark is really driving me nuts too -- especially when he said, "this isn't a soap you know" -- that was just mean. What about Juillian's mom? Boy, that would have been nice to have in my household growing up -- har har!! :)

Michelle

Hey guys. Back from school/work. 3 day weekend has BEGUN! I'm focussing strong, though, on 1 big thing. Sunday is my Free Day. I'm going to focus on getting and STAYING right back on track on Monday. I don't want another relapse of what I did last week (and 2 weeks before THAT)!

Melissa-WTG just getting right back at it ! I think I’m making a batch of that chili tonight also!

Michelle-ok…SURVIVOR! I’m glad they voted the way they did ! I didn’t want to see that tribe be separated 7 & 3 the way they were, hopefully this will help them! Oh, and Biggest Loser talk! I WANT MARK GONE too! I think Jillian bringing her mom in was a wonderful thing for those folks. We ALL know there are emotional reasons we do things to our bodies, and it’s just such a blessing to be able to figure out the WHY behind it sometimes!

Carolyn-I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!! Those push ups in that manner really is a wonderful way to change things up! GREAT JOB!

Gayle

Michelle - I think I'll go shopping with my free time tonight now that my workout is out of the way...:7 !

Carolyn - Gayle had posted the recipe a few weeks back. I just did a quick search but couldn't find it. I have it written down at home. I'll post it later unless you end up finding it.

Belinda - nice to see you....finally!!!!

Gayle - Thanks!! I feel great today. Enjoy your 3-day weekend. Not too much though..;-)

Melissa -

I found it under Jan 24 BFL post.

I just ran out of protien powder and I need to buy some more. I was using Maximum Protien that I found at GNC. Actually the guy told me it was good, better than the GNC whey protien I was using. The Maximum Protien is High Protien (22g), Low Calorie (118), Low Carb(3g). I believe I paid 40.00 for a 2 lbs jar. I haven't tried the Myoplex Lite and was wondering if it is worth the money. I looked at the nutritional info on it one time and noticed it was high in cholesterol. Any ideas, recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn! I'm glad you found it.

I use BSN Lean Dessert protein powder. I get it from Vitacost.com. I really like it. It's the only protein powder that I have ever tried. If you go on Vitacost.com and do a search for BSN Lean Dessert it should bring up all of the flavors and the nutritional label as well. I'm not sure what is considered high as far as cholesterol is concerned. I just checked the Whipped Vanilla flavor and it has 52mg. Carbs are 7g which is higher than the Maximum Protein.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.