BFL TGIF

banslug

Cathlete
I can't believe it's Friday already! Where does the week GO???

OK...quick post before I shower. PLB DONE! My legs are fried AGAIN!!!

I promise to be back a little later. I have to get the kids on the bus and a few really quick errands in town before I go to work. Quiet day for me.

Gayle

Woo Hoo ~ TGIF!! :)
I can't wait until I can sleep in a little bit tomorrow!

Step Blast (Blast only 1-time) and Kickbox from 4DS! Great workout! Little under a hr. My legs didn't feel like they wanted to move much doing step, probably b/c they were a little sore from S&H Legs. Tonight is S&H Bi/Tri/Abs! Last week on the S&H series, next week I will either start PUB/PLB or the GS.

Question? My jeans feel tighter in the thigh area. Do you think it's caused from the heavy lifting of S&H? I will have to play around w/ it a bit, but I believe my LB works better w/ Lighter/Medium weights vs. Heavier...Pear shaped on bottom!

Gayle~ Thanks for starting us out today! You rocked it again w/ PLB!! Great! :) Did you see over at Tracker regarding Dreambodies.net. Online personal trainer, supposed to be the best. How I would love to be able to hire Tony! $125/mth doesn't sound so bad, but def not in my finances this year :(

Be Back Later~ Calling for more snow today :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

Hey, Jennifer. I haven't been on Tracker all that much this week...in fact, not on the PC at ALL this week. I'll have to check it out. As for your legs. I was having the very same problem. At the halfway (week 6) mark, my legs weren't losing a fraction of an inch. I know, from my past experience, that my legs respond best to more endurance-based workouts. That's why starting with week 7, I started using PLB instead of doing the lower body by the book for BFL. I've been losing small amounts since. Now, I'm still using pretty heavy weights for PLB (this morning was 40/50/60), but definitely NOT to the point of all-out exhaustion as BFL tells it. That's what works best for me...so maybe you could tweak it as well if you continue to find no change???

On that note, I have to say that the BFL approach to upper body..maxing out...has done WONDERS for my UB. Go figure. One Body. Two separate approaches for two separate areas. LOL

Gayle

Good morning ladies --

Way to go on your workouts this morning. I'm giving my back one more rest day -- gee, I hate it when I pull my back out!!

Jennifer - How is your son doing -- 3 day suspension that is pretty tough -- esp. since it was just chicken -- especially compared to what other kids are doing these days.

Heidi - How is your daughter?? How scary. Scary for her and you. My daughter is still little - I can't imagine how stressed I'm going to be when she is driving. I'm going to have to keep working out just to keep my stress level down. :)

Gayle - Survivor was good (I won't say anything more just in case you didn't get a chance to watch it) boy, it is getting down to the finals !! yeah!

Okay, how big of a dork am I? Yesterday I sat in front of my computer and watched the previews that Cathe has posted for the 4DS. I've heard the footwork is hard, so I sat and watched the clips to see if I would be able to get them down.

Even though I'm not working out today - I did pack my BFL friendly snacks and lunch for today!

Michelle

Good Morning, Michelle~ Not a dork at all. I have been previewing the new 4DS series for over a week. The step seems more complex in this series, I would like to start a rotation sometime after Xmas.
No news regarding my son In School Suspension. I totally agree that is a little severe, while he should def be disciplined, I think 3 days is going overboard! Plus, not mentioned all the one-on-one classes he will miss. Take care of your back. You are doing the best thing. Relax and you will be back in no time.

Any plans for the weekend? Heck, I'm just looking forward to free day on Sunday :) :9

~Jennifer~

Jennifer - I agree with you - three days out of the classroom is hard -- that's really not a good punishment, because it just makes the school work harder on the child.

My plan for the weekend is to get myself more prepared with some BFL foods. I've been wanting to try the protein pancakes -- as well as those breakfast muffins that everyone is posting about. I see that Gayle makes them every week! :)

Also, my 4DS should be arriving today! :)

I've still have a little more Christmas shopping to do -- I just want it DONE!!!

I'm at work -- so I guess I should stop procrastinating. UGH!!

Chat with you later,
Michelle

Hey guys!

Michelle-I watched Survivor last night. And yes....it's getting down to the wire. I wanted to see Erik win, personally. And I wanted Todd to go. BUT....I think Pee Gei will win in the end. My kids are split...one says Todd, the other says the skinny runt! lol TAKE CARE OF YOUR BACK!

Jennifer-I meant to comment on your DS' school incident. Schools these days have Zero Tolerance policies that they strictly enforce. That may very well be why he's getting the 3-day ISS. Chicken, money, personal property...they have these policies in effect to nip any and all problems in the bud. (just my 2 pennies). Yesterday, in lunch, we had 2 incidences....one boy was chipping some paint off the seat of his chair...the teacher told me he should have been written up and punished for destruction of school property. Another kid purposely spit on his neighbor, and the teacher asked me if that would/should be considered a Level 1.....exchange of bodily fluids. GEESH!

As for the 4DS previews....I'm off to go view them RIGHT NOW for the VERY FIRST TIME (although I did see some clips at the Road Trip, where I tried very hard not to watch even THOSE, lol).

Gayle

Hi Ladies~ Thanks for your advice!

I did finally speak w/ the school, and he is just going to have to learn his lesson and do the 3-days ISS. The principal even told me they considered calling the police. I said, "over $3 nuggets?" YEP! Little harsh I think! On top of all this there is some concern w/ him having problems w/ a certain teacher. I will contact her as well, this is nuts! I know my son, he is sure enough to give a attitude (which is not right at all)..but the teacher should not stoop to the level, send his *ss to the office! I met w/ this teacher before, she is a rude one at that! Hey, she demands respect!

I can't believe it's only noon...I want to get out of here, but still 5 hrs to go. :(

~Jennifer~

Hello everyone,

Having one of those days where I am just totally burned out. Woke feeling sick from TOM and can't get myself motivated to get in my exercises just now.

Michelle: Thank you for your concern about my daughter. She is doing ok just really shook up about the whole thing. She is more concerned with what the insurance company is going to do about it.
I am just glad she is ok!

Gayle: Way to go on the PLB! }(

Jennifer: Trial and error when it comes to finding out what works for your different parts...like Gayle found out. :D We all have things that need to be worked differently to get the best response. For me it was adding in more intense cardio to lose weight. Or using weighted medicine balls for ab work. (This is a killer but works for me!)

I am now down 8.5#'s! Even with my TOM! Something is working right!
This news should give me the inspiration to get in my workout but I think between the stress of the accident and TOM I just need an early rest day.

Oh...last night was another trip! After picking up my husband with his car my friend called and said she was stuck at the mall with a dead battery. We drove right up to the rescue! She spent the night and went into work from here.

It is almost that time to get my son and DD. I will be back later. :)

Did 25 minutes of Step Blast last night before my back was achy. It is healing, altho every so slowly it seems. Just found out that DH's brother who lives in Oregon is workig near us in CA for a few months so he's going to be staying with us for half the weekend. EEK...the spare bedroom is UGLY! Sounds like I'll be doing some cleaning and laundry tomorrow!!!

Jennifer: My legs build muscle faster than they seem to lose fat, so it’s common for that to happen with me with jeans especially.

Michelle: Hope your back feels better SOON!! Just went through that myself.

Heidi: Great job on the weight loss!!

Gayle: I'm dying to do PLB again, but not until the back totally heals.

Heidi-somehow, somewhere, I missed the post about DD in an accident? What did I overlook????

Great job on the loss SO FAR!!!!! But take it easy, really. Sometimes, if we really don't feel like we should workout, we shouldn't!

Colleen-take it easy on your back also!!! Enjoy your company of DBIL!

Speaking of rooms, I just got all done prepping my dining room. I usually do my laundry on Saturdays, but I'm in the middle of it right now so that tomorrow I'm free to paint and FINISH painting the room! Send me quick painting (and drying) vibes. lol

What are your workouts for this weekend?
Saturday, I'm thinking of mixing things up and doing Kick Max with those darn blasts in the middle. Or I might do an IMax.
Sunday, of course, is FREE DAY!!!

Later...phone's ringing!

Gayle

Hi Everyone~

Getting ready to roll out the door and go home, FINALLY! :)

Gayle~ I was thinking of pulling out KP&C. I love this DVD, and haven't done it in a long time! I don't have Kick Max, is this a must have? I heard the leg drills are kick butt :)

No big plans for the weekend! Relaxing and enjoying my free day.

~Jennifer~

Hi back quickly,

Have to take DD to RmV to get her lisense renewed! Found out it is no longer valid because she turned 21. AHHHHHH! Geesh...when will I get a break!

Gayle: Full story is in last nights post on "December rotation" check-in. Have fun with painting your dining room tomorrow. :)
Have another coat for the bath still to do. But it looks pretty good as is.

Jennifer: Have fun with you workout!

Colleen: Glad to hear your back is doing better! :)

Have to run! BBL :)

Hi Guys~

Just coming in to say Hello! Getting ready to go relax for a bit before I have to pick up my son over his GF's house. He is so on my sh*t list today. Besides the 3-days In school suspension from stealing chicken nuggets at school .. LOL I got his bank statement in the mail today, he is $233.68 over drawn on his checking account. I almost went through the roof. I wish he would stop spending, every dime he makes he spends on his girlfriend, hell he has only been going out w/ her for 3 months !! He's 16 and this is the very 1st checking account he has had...plus, it has my name on the account...NOT A GOOD THING!!

Still got a good workout in tonight! :) Feeling good. Off to eat some dinner, and go relax. Gotta love lifetime, some great movies on during the weekends! :)

~Jennifer~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.